Page 427 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417425426427428429 437 477 527 927 1427 ... LastLast
Results 12,781 to 12,810 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

WTG with the potty training today!

Hugs Bridget!

We've completely fallen off the potty learning wagon the last few weeks. I like the idea of a rewards chart - maybe just the thing to help Mia get back on track.

Two things from Bill Maher on Saturday....he said that the US is currently ranked 10th in the world in social mobility....In other words we rank 10th in American Dream

Warren Buffet testified in congress that he didn't understand why he paid only 17% in taxes.....and yet his secretary making 60K a year paid in 30%.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

4. Default

I confess B was picked up on his warrant......

Josh got up at 5, and we usually start the day by watching something (so I can try to wake up, LOL) and Xanadu was on when I turned the tv on. Josh said "Let's watch the ladies dancing for a while." Help me...
    I think he thinks Olivia Newton-John is Lady Gaga because he said "It's that lady you like to listen to" and I can't figure out who else he'd be thinking of...but I can't think of when he's seen Lady Gaga, either.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess this made me think of a few of you ladies!

Post Secret Card
    Awesome! I too want to put it on my Facebook. I just might.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I always wondered, if God needed someone in heaven, why did he send them down here in the first place?
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    ladies!
    How is everyone? I miss you all
    Hi stranger!! How are you?

I'm back We had a wonderful trip, but Cedar Point in Ohio is much, much too big. You really have to hike between the rides, and the really good ones had 1.5/2 hour waits to ride them. Ridiculous! They had a little kiddie section, which Rich kept Conner at, but they had awesome little kiddie rides that I knew Conner would love all throughout the park. There's no way he could have walked back and forth amongst them though...they were spread out as much as 2 miles!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Bridget--one of my friends posted this on their facebook and I thought of your friend with the husband who was causing problems a little while ago. Did anything ever happen with that?
    "A true friend is not one that will lie to you about something to keep you as a friend, but one that will tell you the truth even if it means your friendship is over."

I don't know what is going on with my friend. The last time I spoke to her, she made it clear she wasn't up for talking about any of it. Now we've been playing phone tag for weeks.

I confess that I am obsessing over my weight gain this pregnancy. My body looks terrible and I hate it. I NEED to excersize and just cannot muster up the motivation or time to do it.

Sorry on both counts
    I confess the day I found out I was pregnant I took that as my ticket to stop exercising LOL
    It never occured to me that people work out through pregnancy until afterwards.

I walked a lot throughout my pregnancy with Conner, but I still gained a lot. I'm sure I was very close to 200 lbs...but I didn't really worry about it. I tried to eat healthier, but if I felt like chocolate I ate chocolate.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I gained 65 pounds with this last pregnancy. I was gaining weight even before the positive pregnancy test. And yes, I was not happy with my body but I was feeling nauseated pretty much all the time and the only thing that helped was eating--particularly carbs.

I have lost all but 15 pounds and I'm still losing, so I'm feeling much better about everything. All of my co-workers told me you can't bounce back after the third pregnancy, but I'm being really good and losing weight faster than I did with the twins. That being said, I still have that extra weight in a few key places (including you-know-where).

Lydia, I am afraid of not bouncing back. Aside from a few years right after high school when I ate out every single meal and got chubby, I've always been in great physical condition. Even when I partied almost every night I still worked out every day. And I worked out during both of my previous pregnancies and had really easy labors with both of them. I always credited the fact that I stayed in good shape but who knows, really.
    Now I just feel like I'm getting big fast and it's not like my belly is just growing. I have an all around muffin top. The kicker is that I know I'm the only one who has any control over it, yet I just keep eating. I'm totally ravenous when I sit down to a meal and I don't even feel hungry until the plate is in front of me.

To use one of my favorite quotes from my brother's boyfriend, something I could say after every meal... "I think I just ate my feelings" I love that.

Oh my god you guys, I don't know if I should laugh or be disturbed...
    I had a serious talk with Josh about death last night--it all started because he said he wants a hamster, and I told him when we don't have our kitties anymore we can think about getting a hamster. It turned into a discussion about death and what it means when things die. He seemed to get it (and I tried to impress upon him that our kitties probably would not die for quite some time yet).
    So just now he looked up at me and said hopefully,
    "Are any of our kitties dead yet?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    All of my co-workers told me you can't bounce back after the third pregnancy, but I'm being really good and losing weight faster than I did with the twins.
    What your coworkers said is absolutely untrue. Everyone is different, and every pregnancy is different. I know I bounced right back after Sydney (my 3rd) and was down to 120 lbs in no time.

Bridget, sweetie, try not to worry. You're not only dealing with being pregnant, but grief from the loss of your mother. I have no doubt you'll be able to burn off the extra weight when the time comes. It's not like you're one of those child care providers that sits on the couch watching soaps all day. Plus you'll have a newborn to take care of. You eat healthy as a general rule...I really think you'll find it easier than you imagine to lose weight again.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh my god you guys, I don't know if I should laugh or be disturbed...
    I had a serious talk with Josh about death last night--it all started because he said he wants a hamster, and I told him when we don't have our kitties anymore we can think about getting a hamster. It turned into a discussion about death and what it means when things die. He seemed to get it (and I tried to impress upon him that our kitties probably would not die for quite some time yet).
    So just now he looked up at me and said hopefully,
    "Are any of our kitties dead yet?"
    I think that's funny!!

I confess DH was here for our last visit. Said goodbye this morning. It will be a long time before I see him again.

My laptop crashed and is in the shop. I think I killed the graphics card. And it's my last week off work. So, no husband and my last bit of free time, with no computer to be in denial from. APA from my phone barely works. Wish my pc had crashed next week - not looking forward to work for many reasons but at least I'm mentally occupied.

Kate, that is funny!
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-04-2010 at 11:20 AM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Gwenn. I'm sure it's not easy.

17. Default

I confess I have not heard anything back from the state job, and am thinking about taking my resume to two other places today.

One is the apartment complex just behind our condos... They are looking for a full time leasing agent... I wonder if that would come with an apartment?

I have no idea, but I think it's worth it to keep looking for other jobs. In my experience, it takes a looonnnnggggg time for civil service jobs, even when they have a current opening.

HAH on prop 8. HAH. So there.

Yay!

Yay for gay marriage rights!!!

(I gotta get a word in before these posts are deleted. )

Oh by the way, Iceland allowed gay marriage (as opposed to civil unions) a few weeks back and no one batted an eyelid. Even our Prime Minister is a lesbian, now married. How awesome is that?

In other news, Mia is so close to being weaned, at 2.5 years old. Not exactly child-led, but it's been gentle and gradual and she seems ok with it.

WTG Mia!
    And that's cool that Iceland is so accepting.

shutterbird Guest

Pregnancy is so weird.
    All I want to eat are the garden fresh tomatos that are piling up in my kitchen. I'm usually not a huge tomato eater but I crave them now.
    But of course they are giving me heartburn and canker sores. Ah, joy.
    Why can't I crave something bland and soothing?

There are a LOT of angry status updates on facebook today regarding prop h8. I am more than fine with people's conflicting opinions, and their rights to express them. But I get annoyed when they think all the prop 8 stuff is a sign that Jesus will be coming back soon. So I guess I am only kind of tolerant or differing opinions.

p.s. I'm totally scared that the mods are going to close this thread if we don't quit with the prop 8 talk.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

What's wrong with talking about prop 8?
    And Bridget...I love tomatoes! I'll eat them for you! LOL

I will just say this about the prop 8 discussion issue and then I'm done. I noticed a post in the christian forum asking to refrain from debating homosexuality as religious debates can become heated. Have not seen that request/warning elsewhere. I think the idea is just to head that off before it starts. Hope my saying that much isn't a problem.

double post
    Last edited by Gwenn; 08-04-2010 at 08:54 PM.