Page 425 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3253754154234244254264274354755259251425 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,750 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    i'm pacing the floor w/ a non-stop crying soren. it's a rough night.
    Huge hugs

Hope both he and you get some sleep very soon.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    i'm pacing the floor w/ a non-stop crying soren. it's a rough night.
    I'm sorry. I hope you both can get some rest soon.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Kate, I've taught middle school kids up to 14-15. Not my favorite age at all, but some people love it.

Lydia, hope he gets some rest soon.

I confess AF came yesterday. The good news is, I'm most likely going to see DH one last time before he goes overseas. I had some pretty strong pregnancy symptoms and then DH called me to say he got the smallpox vaccine and shouldn't be anywhere around either pregnant women or women who might become pregnant within the next month. Couldn't decide if it was worth the risk to fly him back here or not but AF solved that issue for me. That's the good news. The bad news is, if I do see him it will be within the next week so that means we won't get another chance to TTC until he returns. I'll be 37 in September and he'll be gone for close to a year.

Having a very hard time mentally right now although today is better, and it's a really, really bad period so things aren't so great physically either. I spent yesterday sleeping and then stayed up till 6:00 am.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Lydia, I hope he settles for you soon and you'll be able to get some rest!

Gwenn, I hope this next cycle is the one for you!

Aw Gwenn

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Where is everyone?
    I may be co-leading a 8th and 9th grade group at the UU church starting this fall. Do any of you know anyone that age? (Chrissy?) I'd like to know what I'm getting into.
    Advice #1-you will never be totally prepared

Really though, kids of this age are a lot of fun. They're full of expected quips and sometimes a lot of wisdom. What will the group be doing? Going places? Activities? If you can set it up so they can throw wet sponges at people, that's always a hit When I was 13 we got to douse our pastor at the end of the VBS and that was our favorite day.

They're just at the beginning stages of being adults, and they really value being listened to as an equal. If not, they lose respect really fast. They're incredibly passionate, but like I said a lot of fun. When my kids were little, I really didn't see how I'd enjoy having teenagers but now that I have them I really do.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

As for me, today is my Friday. I spend 1/2 the day in my normal building, the other 1/2 at McGraw and I'm done. I hope people keep things to less than a dull roar, because I'm seriously burned out.

Tonight I have to go shopping with my mom & then pack. My family and Rich's sister, Jaime, and her 3 kids are all going to Ohio (Cedar Point) for 4 days. I'm really looking forward to it!!

I hope you feel better Gwenn and fingers crossed for next time!
    Lydia, I hope you and Soren got some sleep.
    Thanks for the advice guys.
    The group is called Neighboring Faiths and IIRC it's the one where you go to different religions' services and discuss them. I asked the leader for more info, a curriculum maybe, so she should get back to me soon on that.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Thanks everyone. I wasn't complaining, I was just explaining why I wasn't on when Kate asked where everyone was. He did eventually settle down and slept a full night, but it is not a good time when we can't get him to stop crying.

Oy, tis the season, huh Lydia? I remember that 2-3 month transition as pretty **** difficult sometimes.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

It is so baffling to me how children can be so incredibly different. The twins didn't sleep through the night (or really, even more than a two-hour stretch) until well over a year, but they only cried when there was something wrong that could be fixed like a wet diaper or being hungry. Soren has slept through the night since birth, and I'm talking 7-hour stretches (!) but he will cry and cry and cry for no apparent reason and he won't stop no matter what we do. I'm not sure which is harder, but it is certainly easier to go without sleep than to go without quiet and sanity. At least for me.

I think I would rather no sleep than a crier.

I remember going through that with Bobbie. It is overwhelming, to say the least.

Hugs Lydia. I hope the colicky stage is short-lived.

14. Default

This confession needs a little back story...

A woman who used to go to my moms church (we'll call her T) was married and had two kids. Her husband was killed in a vehicle accident when the youngest was just about a year old.. After a while she started dating again...

so my confession... We found out a few weeks ago that T is pregnant again... Everytime the topic gets brought up, my mom makes comments like.. "I wonder if T and C are going to get married before the baby is born"... etc...

Its driving me INSANE! Why the EFF do they need to get married just because she is pregnant!?

Yes, crying is so hard....Travis has never cried much but when he does, OMG, it's like, 'please stop!' LOL. I keep thinking that because he didn't cry much as a baby that this 2nd baby will probably be a crier as payback.

The crying is so hard, I agree. Kai was that way every night for weeks and I cried so much then too. I thought my baby was so unhappy. I never didn't want him but I did wonder what I was ever thinking having a second child. Savana didn't deal well with his arrival so it was a hard time.
    I hope he gets over it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I never didn't want him but I did wonder what I was ever thinking having a second child.
    I've been there. Still am there, but really the colic has been getting better so I see a little light at the end of the tunnel. And I have cried a lot this past month. Last night he was sobbing in my arms and I just burst into tears and cried with him. Luckily dh offered to hold him for a bit after that. It's such a helpless feeling.

I confess this past week, Soren has been with me to four different car shops. Once to get my oil-lube-filter, then to another shop to fix the oil leak that was discovered, then to another shop to get my tires replaced because I mysteriously incurred a bolt in a tire, and finally today to get my car stereo rewired. I am sick of it!

Oscar was the crier and the no-sleeper, all wrapped up in one. Happy hour (starting around 5pm with him) lasted 4-5 hours. Every night. He cried, nursed, cried, cried while he nursed, and it wasn't anything physical. It was just him adjusting to the world, I think, looking back. He's always been a sensitive, high needs kid, and that was the beginning of a long road. It got easier as he got older, because the incessant nonstop crying stopped, but hey, he's still my crazy kid. Crazy smart and crazy affectionate, too, thank goodness, or I'd wonder what I'd gotten myself into.

I have this hope that because I've been through one "hard one" this kid will seem easy in comparison. Or if he's a crazyman, hey, been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    This confession needs a little back story...

A woman who used to go to my moms church (we'll call her T) was married and had two kids. Her husband was killed in a vehicle accident when the youngest was just about a year old.. After a while she started dating again...

so my confession... We found out a few weeks ago that T is pregnant again... Everytime the topic gets brought up, my mom makes comments like.. "I wonder if T and C are going to get married before the baby is born"... etc...

Its driving me INSANE! Why the EFF do they need to get married just because she is pregnant!?

But some married people are happy and just assume others would be happier if married too. I'm happy, but I try not to assume, because you're right, it's really annoying.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I guess I'd figure, if you already have kids together, and you plan on staying together, why not get married?

I have to confess I've lost more than half of my pregnancy weight, and my vagina is still fat!

omg Lydia! I certainly wasn't expecting that!!! I'm sorry? Does Hallmark make a card for that occasion?

I think Conner is my high needs preschooler. I honestly don't remember Bobbie and Jessica together being as much work as he is all by himself, and I have 3 older kids to help!

As for wondering if someone is getting married before the baby is born, that would drive me crazy too. I'm happy when people decide to get married, but I never speculate about when a couple might do it. It's their business.

Oh, I know I talked about this before, but my mom stated tonight that she's glad I've given her the opportunity to love and enjoy my kids. She said, "I get to do stuff with them that I always wanted to do with you and Tim." I almost burst into tears, and I don't often cry in front of my mom. Imagine being robbed of your kid's early childhood? Then I was a snot as a teen and had to 'punish' her by having little-to-nothing to do with her, pouting and scowling when my dad made me go see her. I remember she'd be so happy to see me, and I'd just give her dirty looks. I was awful to her.

Lydia, I was just thinking about the fat vagina conversation the other day.

As for the having babies and getting married order of events, it's too personal for other people to comment on. Marriage means different things to different people. I know I've gotten the question 868774784 times. Oh, what a loaded question.

Chrissy, I have a lot of guilt for how horrible I was to my mom for a number of years.

I'm sure we have all been horrible to our moms in some way. It is really hard not to feel guilty about it, but I think it will help us understand, or be a little more patient, when our children are jerks to us. It takes a long, long time to learn how to be kind to our loved ones, especially when there is an unequal balance of power.

Oh goodness yeah, I'm sure the majority of kids are terrible to their parents at one point or another. I remember being completely insensitive about my parents' divorce. Don't beat yourself up about it, you guys.

Lydia, don't worry, the weight will come off...lol

As for being mean to parents, yeah, I feel that guilt, too since I live so far away now and hardly ever see them any more.

28. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post

As for the having babies and getting married order of events, it's too personal for other people to comment on. Marriage means different things to different people. I know I've gotten the question 868774784 times. Oh, what a loaded question.
    This is my view as well!! and personally, if I had lost my husband the way she did, I'm not sure I'd be jumpin at the bit to get married again..... if ever

I confess Audrianna has started playing with my hair, and when I ask what she's doing she says "picking apples"....

Then the other day she licked my hair, and said "mmmmm... apples"

Where is she getting this!? I don't use apple scented shampoo or anything...

I confess it was a rough night around here last night. We had a thunderstorm and my little dog is terrified of thunderstorms. Lately she's crawling under the chair in the family room, then under the end table, and hiding in the corner between the sofa and chair. She can only accomplish this by lying flat on her belly and scooting as she's way too big to fit under that chair. When she first tried this she then tried to crawl up onto the back of the sofa and I wouldn't let her so I was relieved when she just stopped in the corner.

Last night after a big clap of thunder, she somehow managed to knock the lamp off the end table, breaking the light bulb inside, and knocking over a half-full cup of lemonade. Which meant I had to move all the furniture, mop the floor, clean the furniture, and change the lightbulb. By the time I'd done all that it was after midnight and still raining with the trash pick-up in the morning. I then took numerous bags of trash out in the rain. Then came back inside to find that my internet, cable, and phone had been knocked out by the storm (we get them all from one company). I was furious.

I confess I screamed - not just yelled, but screamed - at the dogs the entire time I was cleaning up that mess. The poor little one was shaking. If she wasn't afraid of storms before, she will be now. I'm not proud.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Sorry Gwenn The whole thing sounds really frustrating!