Page 424 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3243744144224234244254264344745249241424 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,720 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Bridget. That is so hard.
    Just Midge

I'm sure that will be quite emotional for all of you.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I confess yesterday was the five year anniversary of Jasper's death, today of his birth. I'm actually doing pretty well, but just heard of Becky Coleman's death, and it pretty much rocked me. Life is so fragile.

Stacy.

Hugs Stacy
    Bridget, good luck at the dentist. And hugs for cleaning out your mom's closet.
    I confess I was having a dumb squabble with DH and I read the news of Becky's death right afterward. I just burst into tears. I didn't really know much about her but I'd kept up with her updates. How old are her kids? I'm just heartbroken for them and the rest of her family.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess yesterday was the five year anniversary of Jasper's death, today of his birth. I'm actually doing pretty well, but just heard of Becky Coleman's death, and it pretty much rocked me. Life is so fragile.
    It certainly is.
    Big, huge , Stacy.

It is times like these when I do hope there's something out there after this life.

I'm so sad today. I didn't know Becky at all, but I followed her story. I just cried today when I saw the news.

Stash, I'm so sorry for your loss. i know it must still hurt.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    It must have been poor customer service day. I needed to exchange a bikini bottom at Walmart today and the two people working made me wait while the one taught the other how to do an exchange on the register. Normally I don't mind waiting a bit, but they kept going on and on, and I'm not kidding you I stood there for well over 5 minutes, maybe closer to 10. I couldn't help but think about the days I worked as a cashier...I know I wouldn't have left a customer waiting that long.
    I normally have great customer service locally. But I ended up taking over 15 minutes at Walmart to pick up something I ordered site to store. One person was ahead of me. OMG that cashier was moving slowly. I just needed my futon cover, it was already paid for and everything. I might just pay the shipping to have it come to my house next time.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Today just sucks.

I found out over the weekend my favorite uncle has prostate cancer....and it doesn't look good. We don't know for sure but sounds like it's spread. My uncle has AIDS so I'm not sure that chemo would even be an option for him.
    I'm glad that we are going back hom this weekend and will get to see him and have plans to go down again in September for my birthday.
    I have been mentally preparing to lose him since I was 13 and they told me that he has AIDS...in two months I will be 32 so we have had a LOT longer than we ever though. But still sucks. His most recent goal was to live to see me or my sister have a baby.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh Jennifer, that has to be so rough.

I'm sorry Jennifer

Yes, today just sucks.

Jennifer, I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

I'm sorry Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I found out over the weekend my favorite uncle has prostate cancer....and it doesn't look good. We don't know for sure but sounds like it's spread. My uncle has AIDS so I'm not sure that chemo would even be an option for him.
    I'm glad that we are going back hom this weekend and will get to see him and have plans to go down again in September for my birthday.
    I have been mentally preparing to lose him since I was 13 and they told me that he has AIDS...in two months I will be 32 so we have had a LOT longer than we ever though. But still sucks. His most recent goal was to live to see me or my sister have a baby.

I so hope that he can just beat it. I have heard advertised non-chemo cancer fighting treatment lately...hmm...I wonder about that. I'll see if I can find it.
    Just Midge

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Stacy, I tried to write a couple of different things in Jasper's memorial post, and I kept erasing my posts because they all seemed to pale in comparison to how you must be feeling and how I'm feeling. It's a hard time of year, to mourn and to celebrate at the same time. And I remember the initial pain and how amazing it is that your life and my life have been filled with so much laughter and love and children (interspersed with fears and tears) ever since those days. So many mixed emotions, I just can't express myself and I'm still heartbroken for your loss and yet incredibly happy that you have been so honest and strong and thrived.

And you, Lydia. Thank you for sharing your life with me, and allowing me to be part of your healing process. That's been as important to me as those who've been there to support me in mine.

shutterbird Guest

It really is. Big hugs, Stacy.

Y'all amaze me all the time. I cannot fathom what it takes to overcome the loss of a child. I hope I never have to learn.

Cleaned out my mom's room last night. My dad had a really hard time. He broke down several times looking through pictures, trying to decide what to do with her wigs, smelling her clothes. I'm so glad he didn't have to do it alone.
    I feel like my dad, my little brother, and I are closer now than we ever could have imagined. It's the little light in all our sorrow. I asked my brother last night when I was driving him home if he still had any plans to leave the state for grad school and I barely got the question out before he said, "I won't leave dad." I feel the same. We're in this together and that brings me comfort.

It is just so wonderful how committed both you and your brother are to your dad. It gives me shivers.
    Just Midge

Aw Bridget I'm so glad you are all there for each other.

Aww, Bridget. I'm sure it was hard. I'm glad you all are there for each other.

Hugs, Bridget.

just saying hi . . . . i'm alive.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Bridget.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Hi Krista!

Where is everyone?
    I may be co-leading a 8th and 9th grade group at the UU church starting this fall. Do any of you know anyone that age? (Chrissy?) I'd like to know what I'm getting into.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

i'm pacing the floor w/ a non-stop crying soren. it's a rough night.