Page 423 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3233734134214224234244254334735239231423 ... LastLast
Results 12,661 to 12,690 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

face crack Midge!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

2. Default

I confess I went into work today on my day off to try and help fix next week's schedule... There are now only 2 people in the entire store that are Cafe associates, and 14 shifts.. we are only allowed 5 each (so we don't go into over time.......) and we have no clue how this is going to work..

There were just two new employees hired for cafe, but they won't be trained enough to work a shift on their own by the end of next week..........

I confess I am currently filling out an application for a STATE job!! as an office assistant, which was just opened today!

Cool! Good luck.

Ashley that is so great! I love how everything is falling into place for you!

Check out what I'm getting. Very happy. It was listed on craigslist for way more than I can afford but I kept checking and it was listed for over a month so I emailed the person saying we were a natural living family looking for a safe bed for a new baby but couldn't afford her asking price. If it didn't sell and she decided to lower her price to please contact me. She emailed back that it was a gift from her mom and she'd be happy to see it go to someone who would appreciate it. She accepted my offer of $150!
    The elegant Cariboo Classic Bassinet in Mahogany has true heirloom aesthetics. Beautifully proportioned, the Classic Bassinet has a gently curved form, smooth rounded edges and excellent stability. The comprehensive design and safety features make it one of the very best bassinets available. Cariboo uses only the best materials to create the finest natural products for your baby. Handcrafted in New Zealand, the Cariboo Classic Bassinet is made from sustainable and environmentally friendly Radiata Pine. The bassinet board is E-Zero rated (the Australian zero formaldehyde emission standard,) and is topped off with a sleeping pad made of 100% organic New Zealand wool covered with a 100% cotton white fitted sheet"

That's great Bridget!

Dh loves the in the butt site. Ever since I showed it to him he has been finishing my sentences with 'in the butt.'

I'm glad to see so many good updates here.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Bridget that looks great! I'm itching to buy one of those ambi swings.

Ooh that's pretty Bridget.

I'm mad I bought an arms reach co-sleeper. We are sooo not using it, it's sitting in the nursery (aka the really pretty closet) and now I need to sell it. I bought it on CL for $75 though, and I'd be happy to get $60 back, it comes with four sheets, and the extenders, so I think it's a good deal.

I get to wait around today for the cable guy
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I am currently filling out an application for a STATE job!! as an office assistant, which was just opened today!
    Good luck!

That's an awesome deal Bridget!

Hope the cable guy comes quickly Midge. And doesn't take long.

Rich had OT for the first time in nearly a year, and when he went to leave this morning he couldn't shift it and the ABS light kept flashing. We're supposed to take the truck to Ohio (7 hours from here) next Friday, so of course these antics have me worried.

10. Default

I confess I found out I have two "ins" with the state job I applied for yesterday! They both said they are talking with their supervisor on monday about my application!

I confess next saturday the rapper Big Kuntry King will be doing a signing at my store... He performs with T.I. alot, and writes alot of his songs... I will be working when he's there so that will be a new experience...

Cool! Good luck with the job application. Have fun at work tomorrow

Awesome!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Have fun at work...that sounds really exciting!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My last day of 3 under 3!!!!

Lydia, I can't believe they are going to be 3!!

My whole family was here yesterday. My dad, both of my brothers, my older brother's wife and their four kids. All of us being together really magnifies my mom's absence. She absolutely lived for those days that we were all together. There was nothing more important to her than us. I really, really miss her.

I bought a cosleeper with O. Never used it, or the crib. Gus will have neither.

Hugs, Bridget.

I bought a cosleeper with O. Never used it, or the crib. Gus will have neither.

Hugs, Bridget.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I found out I have two "ins" with the state job I applied for yesterday! They both said they are talking with their supervisor on monday about my application!

I confess next saturday the rapper Big Kuntry King will be doing a signing at my store... He performs with T.I. alot, and writes alot of his songs... I will be working when he's there so that will be a new experience...

Cool! We had Hoobastank once. They were the biggest douche bags ever.

Hugs Bridget My heart aches for you

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Lydia, I can't believe they are going to be 3!!

My whole family was here yesterday. My dad, both of my brothers, my older brother's wife and their four kids. All of us being together really magnifies my mom's absence. She absolutely lived for those days that we were all together. There was nothing more important to her than us. I really, really miss her.

I just went to goodwill and ransacked the 1.49 bin for wool sweaters that I hope to make into wool diapers cover. I also found a cute pair of cords in there so threw them in my cart. Got a bike for Savana, some books for the kids. When it was all said and done I had about $50 worth of stuff.
    So I go up to the counter and I'm checking out and the 18ish year old girl ringing me up holds up the cords and says, "Where is the tag for these?", as if I've got it in my pocket. So I tell her we were in the 1.49 bin and she says, "No, I don't think so. They're gap"
    I said, "Yeah, that means nothing to me. I got them out of the bin but if they were in the wrong spot I don't want them."
    So then an older woman comes up behind her and says, "Yes, they were in the discount bin"
    Instead of the apology I'm expecting she says to me, "I can't be too careful. People always tear the tags of clothes they don't want to pay full price for and put them in that bin"
    Me, "Do they now?"
    Grrr to teenagers accusing me of stealing.

about your family, Bridget.

Your story reminds me of a time I went to a local restaurant here and ordered a half of a baked potato. You ordered at the counter, paid for it, sat down, and then the waitress brought it to you. The waitress brought me a whole baked potato (I'd never ordered it before and hadn't paid attention to the price) and when she brought it out I told her I ordered the half. So she said she'd bring me a box. Came back with the box, and I told her I'd like my money back. She flat out accused me of trying to steal the extra half potato, and ended telling me I could either keep the whole thing and not get my money back, or she would take the whole potato back to the kitchen, throw it away, and bring me a different half potato. Guaranteeing the most expense to for the restaurant. I told her I wouldn't eat the whole potato regardless and I refused to pay for something I didn't order and she had a fit at me, but they did eventually give me my money back. After bringing me a new half potato. Such a ridiculous waste. We haven't been back to that restaurant in two years, I think.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

That's so stupid Amanda! As if you're going to try to steal half a freakin' potato.

Yeah, I pretty much go around looking for opportunities to steal half potatoes!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Sounds like you got a good deal! I'm sure the cashier is just used to getting screwed over with people stealing. Nothing against you. It's true you can't be too careful but she should have been a little kinder. She should have asked her coworker how much it was, not you.
    That happens to me a lot at grocery stores. If something is missing a price they'll ask me how much it was. If I weren't an honest person I could say the box of bagels was $1 and they'd believe me. One time a cashier actually asked me "Well how much would you pay for it?" I forget what it was, but I said $2 and she said "Sounds good to me!" Crazy people.

It must have been poor customer service day. I needed to exchange a bikini bottom at Walmart today and the two people working made me wait while the one taught the other how to do an exchange on the register. Normally I don't mind waiting a bit, but they kept going on and on, and I'm not kidding you I stood there for well over 5 minutes, maybe closer to 10. I couldn't help but think about the days I worked as a cashier...I know I wouldn't have left a customer waiting that long.

That's too funny Chrissy, I was at the seafood market and one employee was teaching the other how to do something on the other register. I stood there for like 5 minutes with my fish while they did it. It wasn't insanely busy...can't they teach that stuff between customers?

That's exactly how it was today...just me, no other customers and it didn't appear to be a particularly busy time. I only wanted to do an exchange, so no big deal. I could have been in and out in 1/2 the time...they didn't really need to 'work' for me, just make sure I wasn't stealing.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Yup, poor customer service here, too. I had to miss out on the afternoon twin birthday activities because my tire had a bolt in it. So I called ahead to a tire shop, told them what I needed, and they told me to come on in. I got there with the baby while everyone else went to the zoo, and they didn't have my tires after all. I had to drive 3 cities away, and didn't get back until it was time to make dinner for everyone.

On the bright side, I didn't have a blow-out on the way to work tomorrow, and I don't think the twins missed me. They had a great time with their grandmothers.

The funny part of today was Claire blowing out her birthday candle, NOT eating her cupcake, and just asking me to set the candle on fire again. She kept twisting it around and wondering why no flame appeared. My future pyro!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    The funny part of today was Claire blowing out her birthday candle, NOT eating her cupcake, and just asking me to set the candle on fire again. She kept twisting it around and wondering why no flame appeared. My future pyro!
    That is so cute! I'm sorry you had to miss out on some of the festivities though.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Lydia, I cannot believe your day! Wtf?
    I confess dbf is taking Savana and Kai to the dentist this morning. I'm nervous because I know they will be nervous and I hope dbf handles it well.
    And I'm nervous because I'm going to the dentist tonight.

My dad told me on saturday that he is ready to clean out my mom's closet. My brother and I are going to go over this week and help him. It's going to be really, really hard.