Page 422 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412420421422423424 432 472 522 922 1422 ... LastLast
Results 12,631 to 12,660 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Stacy. Glad it's going well and almost over.

What do you all watch/read as something you you consider a reliable new source?

Kim that's so wonderful! I'm happy for you both!

I'm glad your meetings have gone well Stacy.

I overslept today by a lot. I ended up being 1/2 an hour late to work. I haven't done this in years. Apparently I turned off two alarms because I have my cell phone set to go off every day just in case (this used to be a pattern for me and I've always been paranoid of sleeping through the alarm). I'm sure my boss won't mind, but I'm angry at myself.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Kim that's great about your DH and the raise!!

Lydia, I totally hear you on bedtimes without DH being rough - I can't imagine the synergy created with THREE kids. I'm sorry about your work....I would be annoyed too, even if it isn't permanent.

Ashley - I so hate situations like that. It's difficult to be the worker in that scenario, because you need your job, and so you try to just go along with whatever's clever, but that's ridiculous.

Chrissy - I have done that so many times...ugh...I was always terrible about making sure my alarm was totally set...and I would check and re-check, and still something would be wrong once in a while. It wasn't until I had a job with a regular start time every day, that I wasn't late to work for that reason. I was late to work...just not for that reason.

I confess I'm nervous, because I have the opportunity to take on a really sweet part time job during the school year...but it was recommended to me by a friend, who I'd be working with, and I wouldn't want to let her down. I need to call her boss today, to find out if the job is actually going to exist, and what I have to do to have the job...probably need to take the civil service exam...take a drug test...dunno.
    Just Midge

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post

I'm not sure I understand the question. New source for what?

---------

Glad to hear all of the good job news!

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    I confess I'm nervous, because I have the opportunity to take on a really sweet part time job during the school year...but it was recommended to me by a friend, who I'd be working with, and I wouldn't want to let her down. I need to call her boss today, to find out if the job is actually going to exist, and what I have to do to have the job...probably need to take the civil service exam...take a drug test...dunno.
    Sounds wonderful! Call her and see what the job is all about. You can always decide that it's not for you if it doesn't sound like a good fit.

I go usually to msnbc.com or cnn.com. I don't think that msnbc is THAT biased towards liberal in the actual news....just more on the news talk shows like Rachel Maddow.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

7. Default

I confess I saw this the other day (dont remember where) but I laugh everytime I think of it...

Levi Johnston should have kept his Johnston in his Levi's

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I'm not sure I understand the question. New source for what?

-!
    Ah I meant to type news

I admit, I watch CNN and Fox and then Google the stories I care about. I'm very liberal, so I find CNN to be the most truthful.

I had a teacher in college who never expressed any religious views at all, but he claimed Christian Science was the most unbiased when it came to news. He said BBC used to be, until they became affiliated with America I never looked at the Christian Science news to determine whether I felt they were unbiased or not, but he was a great teacher and I'd find it hard to believe he'd say that just based on religious reasons....but one never knows for sure I guess.

I confess that I have an infection in my gums right above a tooth I had a root canal on about 15 years ago. I have been putting it off for months because we don't have dental insurance. It drains regularly (sorry, gross) so I don't have the pain of an abscess.
    Well I called our local dentist yesterday and explained the situtation to the receptionist and she said they'll have me come in to see if the tooth can be saved or if I will need an extraction.
    It's my incisor (?) ! The one right next to my front teeth. I am totally mortified at the thought of having a missing tooth for any amount of time. I seriously don't know if I will leave my house. And I know that's vain. But I can't help it.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ack, Bridget, go in go in go in! Dh got an infection under a tooth he'd had a root canal in the day before we came back from Wyoming. It was nasty and they found a bunch of pus in there and they did only the first part (he has to go back in a few weeks because it was so infected they couldn't do everything they needed to do) and he was actually laid up in bed the rest of the week because it was so awful--both the pain, and the meds he had to take, and the aftermath of the infection. At this point, waiting could mean the difference between an extraction and not, and also more serious issues.

And I hear you about the vanity. I would probably be perfecting a closed-mouth smile.

As far as news, I usually check some aggregate Reuter's/AP site, like Yahoo's front page (customized to my location) and NY Times, BBC, and The Daily Show (which seems to have more real news than fake news). But honestly most of the time I log on, check APA, and have to go. So I'm getting most of the news from my local AM radio talk station on my commute.

Oh, ick, teeth issues. Go in! I hope they don't have to take it out.

I confess that I have an infection in my gums right above a tooth I had a root canal on about 15 years ago. I have been putting it off for months because we don't have dental insurance. It drains regularly (sorry, gross) so I don't have the pain of an abscess.
    Well I called our local dentist yesterday and explained the situtation to the receptionist and she said they'll have me come in to see if the tooth can be saved or if I will need an extraction.
    It's my incisor (?) ! The one right next to my front teeth. I am totally mortified at the thought of having a missing tooth for any amount of time. I seriously don't know if I will leave my house. And I know that's vain. But I can't help it.
    I hate tooth problems too... but I would go in before you panic, they can do a lot to save a tooth before it gets pulled, but the longer you wait the more chance they won't be able to fix it. that it works out (Oh, and I totally think it's normal to care about a missing tooth, but they most likely would replace it with a bridge or something).

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I'm going in monday. I was supposed to go in yesterday but dbf has this remodel job he's doing and wasn't going to be home until late so I had to reschedule. The receptionist was so nice she said I could bring the kids if I wanted. I can't see how that would have worked out but it was a nice offer.

As far as whatever replacement they offer I just feel like there is going to be some amount of time before it's ready. And how we will ever pay for it, I don't know.

Okay, I had to laugh at this site. Don't go if you think you'd be offended by people putting "In the butt" stickers in strategic locations.

http://inthebutt.tumblr.com/

I'd be the same way Bridget. I hope they don't have to pull it.

LOL Lydia, that's pretty funny.

Lydia!!!

Today it's 18 years that I've been with Rich. I was 16, headstrong, clueless, and in love. I really doesn't feel like it's been that long. It has definitely been worth it.

Okay, I had to laugh at this site. Don't go if you think you'd be offended by people putting "In the butt" stickers in strategic locations.

http://inthebutt.tumblr.com/

bwhahaha. i put it on face crack
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Lydia!!!

Today it's 18 years that I've been with Rich. I was 16, headstrong, clueless, and in love. I really doesn't feel like it's been that long. It has definitely been worth it.

congrats!!

18 is a lot of years!!
    Just Midge

Congrats, Chrissy! Are things going better between the two of you now?

Congrats, Chrissy!

Happy anniversary, Chrissy!

Happy Anniversary, Chrissy!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hey, happy anniversary!

I just got back from my midwife, who's totally cool with my waiting to decide if I want to home birth or come into the birth center until I'm in labor. I love her.

Hey, happy anniversary!

I just got back from my midwife, who's totally cool with my waiting to decide if I want to home birth or come into the birth center until I'm in labor. I love her.

Congrats Chrissy! That's a lotta years!

Stacy, I'm glad your midwife is being so cool. I like both of mine very much too.

Congrats, Chrissy! Are things going better between the two of you now?
    Yes, actually, things have been going really well. I still feel a little on edge, like maybe this is a cycle but because it's so spread out I didn't really see it. But then again relationships aren't easy and relationships have ups and downs. At this point I'd say I'm happy where we are, but I don't know for certain if we'll be together forever. I'm in a wait-and-see mode.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Hey, happy anniversary!

Yay! She sounds great!

shutterbird Guest

Congrats on your 18 years, Chrissy!