Page 421 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 321 371 411419420421422423 431 471 521 921 1421 ... LastLast
Results 12,601 to 12,630 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Whoa. The twins started preschool today, and I confess even with about 4 hours total nursing today, I still got so much done! I ran 4 errands, had a doctor's appointment, organized my freezer, ate breakfast AND lunch, took a shower, did a load of laundry, sorted and put away a bag of clothes for the kids, and am on my way out to stop by the pharmacy and then pick up the twins. I'm sure it wouldn't be so easy if I didn't already have twins, but one baby is so nice!
    I bet it was nice to be so productive! I simply cannot imagine a whole day without the kids to do what I pleased.

Wow Lydia! I bet that was nice. How long is their preschool day? Josh's will be only a little over 2 hours.
    I confess when I bought one of DH's presents for his birthday off Amazon I treated myself to a couple presents as well I had over $80 in gift certificates on there so it's not even like I was using my own money. The package came in today, and the UPS guy came to the back porch door and knocked. Scared the crap out of me because when I looked up, he was already gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post

Sorry your weekend was crappy. Oh, and your new siggy is ADORABLE.

Thanks! She had a grand time digging in the sand and jumping in the water at the beach. My little daredevil.

And yes, Ash - he's a lame, manipulative ass.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Whoa. The twins started preschool today, and I confess even with about 4 hours total nursing today, I still got so much done! I ran 4 errands, had a doctor's appointment, organized my freezer, ate breakfast AND lunch, took a shower, did a load of laundry, sorted and put away a bag of clothes for the kids, and am on my way out to stop by the pharmacy and then pick up the twins. I'm sure it wouldn't be so easy if I didn't already have twins, but one baby is so nice!
    What a great day! I confess that the first day I dropped J off at daycare, I was giddy and thrilled to have time to myself. I wasn't nearly so productive as you, though. I just went to the coffeehouse and read the paper.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Sounds brilliant!

I confess I got my hair highlighted yesterday. It looks so natural, just a shade or two lighter than my natural colour. I love it! It's the first time I've dyed my hair in 7 years.

It's 5 freakin' am here and I'm wide awake. I woke up at 3am and couldn't back to sleep. Blahh...

shutterbird Guest

Aw, I hope they had fun Lydia. Lore is right past the cut off for preschool this year (here it starts at 3 by Sept. 1st. I'm hoping we can get her into a program at the beginning of next year vs. next fall.)... Let me know how they like it!

shutterbird Guest

I confess:

http://learncreatelove.com/

Isn't it pretty?

Why do people insist on saying inane things?

I had dinner with my parents and my cousin and her family who have just recently moved here. My cousin and I were chatting and trying to get to know each other a little better. So she is telling a story about how much she loves antiques and loves to go antiquing. In the middle of the story, for no reason that I could see, my mother says, "Mandy doesn't like antiques." WTF? For one thing - that just sounds rude. Like somehow what she likes isn't okay. And for another thing - it's not even true. While I'm not a big antiquer, I actually do like antiques. It's just that I have very expensive taste and can't afford the ones I do like. Thanks for making me sound like an uncultured jerk, Mom.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Your blog looks great, Kim!
    Sorry she said that, Gwenn. That was a bit out of the blue.
    When I was a kid my mom used to drag me to antique stores. It was sooooo boring. I might actually enjoy it now, but I haven't tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    Why do people insist on saying inane things?

I had dinner with my parents and my cousin and her family who have just recently moved here. My cousin and I were chatting and trying to get to know each other a little better. So she is telling a story about how much she loves antiques and loves to go antiquing. In the middle of the story, for no reason that I could see, my mother says, "Mandy doesn't like antiques." WTF? For one thing - that just sounds rude. Like somehow what she likes isn't okay. And for another thing - it's not even true. While I'm not a big antiquer, I actually do like antiques. It's just that I have very expensive taste and can't afford the ones I do like. Thanks for making me sound like an uncultured jerk, Mom.
    That sounds crazy! And presumptuous.

I can only imagine how 'easy' a single baby must seem after having twins Lydia.

I'm so tired...and really hoping for a quiet day. I have plenty to do without the phone interrupting me. At least I don't have to rush over to McGraw today.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess most of the time Soren seems way harder than the twins were, but it's mostly because of all the crying and also probably because of the twins. But yesterday showed me that it's not that particularly hard when all I have to do is take care of him.

The twins loved preschool. Claire didn't want to come home when I picked them up. All the teachers said they followed the routine and interacted with everyone just like they'd been there forever. The only bad thing was because of the mandatory nap there, they did not want to go to bed last night. We put them to bed later than usual, and still Ronin was up for a couple more hours. Boo.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Mandy, I don't get that comment about the antiques either, but I could easily imagine myself blurting something like that for a lack of something to say and only realizing after I saw your face that it was not a benign comment. And better just to leave it alone and not make it worse by trying to backtrack. I can see why you're annoyed, though, and I hope it was just an unintentional faux pas.

The twins loved preschool. Claire didn't want to come home when I picked them up. All the teachers said they followed the routine and interacted with everyone just like they'd been there forever. The only bad thing was because of the mandatory nap there, they did not want to go to bed last night. We put them to bed later than usual, and still Ronin was up for a couple more hours. Boo.
    Awesome that they liked it so well! It's really great that Claire didn't want to come home

Boo about mandatory naps though. I know why they do it, but Sydney wasn't much of a sleeper either and it meant she stayed up till 10 o'clock due to napping at preschool.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess:

http://learncreatelove.com/

Isn't it pretty?
    Wow, that site is blocked at work....what is it? I don't run into many blocked sites (since we are medical, a lot of things normally blocked are not)

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Wow, that site is blocked at work....what is it? I don't run into many blocked sites (since we are medical, a lot of things normally blocked are not)

I can't open it, either, but not because it's blocked, just because it won't load.

shutterbird Guest

Weird! It's just a blog. I have Wordpress on it, maybe that's why?

I was able to access it, but work is killing me so I don't have time to read it. It looked pretty, the little bit I did see.

I am frustrated because my work time got moved later on Friday, so I'm starting work 3 1/2 hours later than usual. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but that time adds two extra hours to my daily commute and I won't be home for dinner or bedtime and it means my mom will be working a 12-hour day. It's going to screw up all of my pumping and bf-ing times, too.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself but I know I have to suck it up and deal with it. I can't trade shifts with anyone.

I'm sorry Lydia. I couldn't imagine that long of a commute!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Weird! It's just a blog. I have Wordpress on it, maybe that's why?
    It opened for me. It looks beautiful! I'll go back and read through it soon.

I am frustrated because my work time got moved later on Friday, so I'm starting work 3 1/2 hours later than usual. It wouldn't be such a big deal, but that time adds two extra hours to my daily commute and I won't be home for dinner or bedtime and it means my mom will be working a 12-hour day. It's going to screw up all of my pumping and bf-ing times, too.

I'm just feeling sorry for myself but I know I have to suck it up and deal with it. I can't trade shifts with anyone.
    How frustrating. I would be furious about that. It seems like that is going to seriously interfere with your family and this is just not a good time for that to happen. I wish I had a good suggestion for you, but I don't. And yuck about the mandatory nap time.

When do you go back to work?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

That really stinks Lydia. Is it just the one day, or will it be a permanent thing?

22. Default

I confess our new scheduler program at work has me closing cafe one night (3pm-11pm) then opening cafe the next day (6:30am-3:30 pm)...Which is illegal and the store manager keeps hitting "Ignore warning" on it...

Uhm... There is a reason that a warning pops up!!!

I would throw a fit. Can you talk to someone, or report them to the dept of labor?

24. Default

I've already told the Assistant Manager.. She's actually a Manager - In - Training, and should be taking over the store anytime... and she's reported it to the District Manager...

Our store manager is in some HOT water right now...

shutterbird Guest

I hope it's a temporary thing, Lydia. Can your DH get the kids so that your mom's day isn't 12 hours? Or are your work schedules different?

Dh would have a really hard time getting dinner and doing bedtime for all three, esp. since he can't breastfeed while reading the twins their stories. And because Soren pretty much cries from 5 PM until 10 PM. It is amazingly difficult handing all 3 solo. I'm just dreading him being gone for two weeks in September.

Luckily this is pretty rare, and I'll be back to my 6 AM shifts soon. I'll put a dinner in the crockpot for them in the morning, but my mom is already nervous about it too.

I started back to work on Monday. It was very relaxing being away from home.

shutterbird Guest

I confess DH is getting another raise next month. I'm so excited for HIM. He's proud of himself. 2 years ago, he was working in a little crap factory making nuts and bolts. He's a year and a half in and he's gotten close to 10 raises. He passed his 2nd year apprentice exam with flying colors and was offered a spot in a free welding certification class. He doesn't weld in his job, but his union is amazing at presenting opportunities for its workers. Also, the foreman at his job yanked him from his mechanic (he basically shadows a mechanic for a few years aka does all the work while the mechanic takes naps in the elevator ) and chose him to be his apprentice instead. Apparently he wanted a good worker that wasn't an idiot, and told him so. I just had to share.

That's awesome Kim!

Kim, that is so great. That says a lot about your dh!

I confess I've been lurking with no time to post all week. I'm almost done managing a big meeting in Denver and I'm actually surprised at how well it's turned out because I haven't done this in years. But I am BEAT. Nice thing is, no one ****s with the meeting manager when she's more than six months pregnant. :p