Page 420 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3203704104184194204214224304705209201420 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,600 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I will be an executive admin assistant for the vice president of a property management company, not fancy, but pays well.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I seriously love my child. It's storming pretty badly outside right now. Thunder boomed and I heard her in her room, "Mr. Brown makes thunder, BOOM BOOM BOOM!"

We saw a big lightning storm in Wyoming and they said "Splatt splatt splatt!"

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    I will be an executive admin assistant for the vice president of a property management company, not fancy, but pays well.

Erin
    Congratulations!!!

Congrats Erin!

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    We saw a big lightning storm in Wyoming and they said "Splatt splatt splatt!"

shutterbird Guest

I confess I'm a domain addict. I canceled my old one months ago, but got the itch again. I'm working on it now and can't wait to start blogging again.

I am so lazy! My yahoo blog stopped working well over a year ago, and that's who I have my domain through. I SHOULD have transferred my domain to a different site and set up my blog there, OR changed my website to be my blog, but I haven't. It's on my to-do list. It would be easier to just start over, I think.

I confess that Savana proved tonight that I am a model of how not to use the "five minute warning" technique. I always do the 5,3,1 more minute for any transitions. I am, admittedly, not the best at being consistent with the actual time. Tonight the kids were playing outside in the rain/mud and I was watching from inside. When I called out that they had one minute left Savana ran up to the window and said, "Is this the kind of one minute that's real or the kind of one minute you say when me and Kai are ready to go, like, to the zoo or something, and you're not?"

Do you all remember me telling you about my best friend whose children always break things when they come over? Well they were here this weekend. Dbf just told me that their older son and Savana were catching frogs in the front yard and he caught the boy squeezing the life out of them. I hate that Savana saw that. She will go out of her way to save a bug. She adores those frogs and toads. Dbf said he told the boy he better never do that at our house again. The boy told him he was having a bad day and felt like killing stuff. WTF? I am just blown away. I love her little boy but some of his behavior concerns me. My friend is a sweet gentle woman, but I got a glimpse of her dh's violent and unreasonable side this weekend. It's all quite disturbing and overwhelming.

Is that the guy you don't want at your house again?

Yes, same guy. And the aggresiveness wasn't even the whole of it. Thank goodness all of the children were asleep. Actually, I was too but my brother came and woke me up. This guy is a pig. Like my brother said, he makes my dbf look like the model husband.
    Yeah, that bad.
    Last edited by Bridget; 07-19-2010 at 08:12 PM.

shutterbird Guest

Wow. I seriously wouldn't let him or the kids over again. It's really sad to have to limit the kids interaction, but seriously... that's just wrong. I'd be scared to let Lore hang around with a child like that. I don't know what the guy did, but I vaguely remember you posting that he did something unforgivable.

Lydia, I use Surpasshosting.com and have for years. They are excellent and are always very quick in responding whenever I need help.

Yuck Bridget! They do not sound like a delightful family (except your friend)
    Savana is too funny. I'm pretty bad about the time warning thing too.

My understanding/feeling is that harming or killing animals is a pretty big indicator of serious problems either within the family or in the mental health of the child. I hope your friend gets help with this while she still can.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I had a super-crap weekend. Glad to be home. Ticked off about a lot of stuff, including my own reaction to the situation I was in. Wishing I was more even-keeled.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

shutterbird Guest

Katy. I'm sorry your vacation wasn't as good as planned. Hopefully now that you're home, you'll be able to relax. Love the new picture of JoJo.

16. Default

I confess I come home from the shift from hell to this message from B

My phones off tell Audrianna I love her and I miss her and Happy Birthday.
    I don't know what to feel about this...........

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I had a super-crap weekend. Glad to be home. Ticked off about a lot of stuff, including my own reaction to the situation I was in. Wishing I was more even-keeled.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I feel like he should have found a way to call. But at least he didn't forget. I'm sorry you has the shift from hell.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Wow. I seriously wouldn't let him or the kids over again. It's really sad to have to limit the kids interaction, but seriously... that's just wrong. I'd be scared to let Lore hang around with a child like that. I don't know what the guy did, but I vaguely remember you posting that he did something unforgivable.
    I know. I can't get it off my mind. The dh I have no problems banning from my home. If I decide I do not want my kids around her son, I will lose her. I am trying to figure out a way to gently let her know I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Yes, same guy. And the aggresiveness wasn't even the whole of it. Thank goodness all of the children were asleep. Actually, I was too but my brother came and woke me up. This guy is a pig. Like my brother said, he makes my dbf look like the model husband.
    Yeah, that bad.

I know. I can't get it off my mind. The dh I have no problems banning from my home. If I decide I do not want my kids around her son, I will lose her. I am trying to figure out a way to gently let her know I am concerned.
    I have no doubt you will be able to talk to her. I think the boy is seeing things at home and the squishing the frog incident is his acting out because of it. She should get that boy in counseling.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

20. Default

I confess.... Drama Llama!!

My understanding/feeling is that harming or killing animals is a pretty big indicator of serious problems either within the family or in the mental health of the child. I hope your friend gets help with this while she still can.
    Yes, I've heard this too.

Sorry your weekend was crappy. Oh, and your new siggy is ADORABLE.

He's a douchebag?

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post

I have no doubt you will be able to talk to her. I think the boy is seeing things at home and the squishing the frog incident is his acting out because of it. She should get that boy in counseling.
    I agree.

I confess.... Drama Llama!!
    Haven't been around APA much recently. Anyone care to send me a drama update PM?
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    He's a douchebag?

Haven't been around APA much recently. Anyone care to send me a drama update PM?
    1 - well yeah... I dont know if I should believe that his phone is off or not though... He never answers or returns texts anyways, so how would I know any different? kwim?

and 2 - I was speaking of a real life drama llama, but I'm sure there is some APA drama somewhere!

1 - He must know SOMEBODY who has a working phone and would be willing to let him borrow it to call his daughter on her birthday, if he bothered to ask.

2 - sorry! Just so used to APA drama!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

24. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    1 - He must know SOMEBODY who has a working phone and would be willing to let him borrow it to call his daughter on her birthday, if he bothered to ask.

2 - sorry! Just so used to APA drama!
    The first point... Exactly why I am not giving him any slack... I mean, even his girlfriend has a phone (that her parents pay for, so I'm sure its still on......) and the people he's living with.... all he'd have to do is ask...

and the fact that he waited until yesterday to send that message when I can easily see on his page that he was online the day of, and day after her bday...

He sucks.

He sucks.
    This x1,000,000

I confess, work is killing me. I'm so overwhelmed with calls and things to do, and splitting my time up between 2 buildings is not working. This is supposed to be the 'slow' time too...slow for who? Certainly not me.

shutterbird Guest

I agree. If he really cared and wanted to tell his daughter happy birthday, he would figure out a way, and do it ON TIME. Freaking jerk.

Chrissy, I hope it slows down soon for you at work. Personally I always liked being busy because it passed the time a lot more quickly. But my old work didn't have internet, either. I know being TOO busy is hard... you can only be in one place at a time.

I don't mind being busy, but there are literally more requests coming in than I can possibly handle.

Whoa. The twins started preschool today, and I confess even with about 4 hours total nursing today, I still got so much done! I ran 4 errands, had a doctor's appointment, organized my freezer, ate breakfast AND lunch, took a shower, did a load of laundry, sorted and put away a bag of clothes for the kids, and am on my way out to stop by the pharmacy and then pick up the twins. I'm sure it wouldn't be so easy if I didn't already have twins, but one baby is so nice!