Page 42 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452921425421042 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess that I'm off to PM the big E with some of the good ole juicy gossip that she craves oh so much!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I confess to being a gossip whore and I wish I knew who E was and what the gossip was, just because.

Also, I confess to reveling in a little schadenfreude right now. I realize this is bad, yet I do it anyway.
    Last edited by acorn; 05-20-2009 at 09:49 PM. Reason: grrr! typo
    Amber (32), DH Jody (25)

8w0d ultrasound

3. Default

I confess calling Ash "The Big E" has helped eliminate some of the name confusion.. and FYI Acorn - its elmobo-n-lexi or something like that... I don't remember exactly what she changed her name to.

I confess I too like gossip.. but I will not state the reason. lol

I confess that I have no idea why I started calling her big E...I just did.

(Yeah, it's elmobo-n-lexi)

5. Default

I confess I like it..

Quote Originally Posted by amorton1437 View Post
    I confess I am scared to post in here being Christian, I dont wanna be shunned

But I also confess that if one more person tells me that God will take care of me and always delivers, I will tell them where to shove it. Does advice and comfort always have to be "trust in God"? Actual advice would be great. Thanks Im done now :batman:

YAY!!! I was actually thinking that while reading the responses to one of your posts. I you Angela

If God took care of all of us all the time, delivered on all our prayers, and never gave us more than we can handle, why in the world did my sweet, wonderful, 100% Catholic grandmother watch Soviet soldiers shoot her dad, have her mom die in a German work camp, and herself be imprisoned by Nazis for years??? All three of those sayings piss me off beyond belief as do the people who think that those constitute "advice"

I confess it irritates me when people think googling about something counts as actual research and knowledge about a subject.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I confess that the Metformin is messing with my tummy.

I confess that on top of these awful cramps...man, this is really something else!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I confess that I have been unbelievably crabby since my return from Europe and I don't even really have a reason, except all those little things that are weighing on my mind. And stress, I guess.

I confess that I have been mostly lurking since I got back and I don't even know why.

I confess that I thought it was pretty interesting and kind of funny when I read today a thread where some people said/implied that they thought atheists really believe in god deep down, because I can't get past the feeling that I have that all religious people really know there _isn't_ a god deep down. It made me laugh at myself, and then the whole world, cause humans are really quite silly when you get right down to it.

I confess that I think that the above statement will probably be hugely and deeply offensive to someone even though that is even more silly.

So everyone, how's it going? Did I miss anything while I was away?
    Ash left as Elmobo and returned as Elmobo_and_Lexi.I don't know why, but I'm guessing her baby girl told he she needed to be better represented on APA.
    Two Christian APAers now post in secular confessions, which is cool. I like hearing other people's voices and this thread seems pretty open.
    I changed my name form Melanie_777 to AbbeysMom.
    The confessions thread made to over 1000 posts.

That's all I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
    DD's in a terrible mood and threw 4,000 tantrums at the playground, a stupid mom gave me dirty looks.
    that mom.

Quote Originally Posted by willOwispy View Post
    YAY!!! I was actually thinking that while reading the responses to one of your posts. I you Angela

If God took care of all of us all the time, delivered on all our prayers, and never gave us more than we can handle, why in the world did my sweet, wonderful, 100% Catholic grandmother watch Soviet soldiers shoot her dad, have her mom die in a German work camp, and herself be imprisoned by Nazis for years??? All three of those sayings piss me off beyond belief as do the people who think that those constitute "advice"
    Yea. Its not advice. I mean, being religious, I do pray but I do not rely on prayer 100% for everything to happen. If that were the case, no Christians would have jobs because god would deliver right? To a certain point you have to help yourself.

I confess that I got told "not to get my panties in a wod" when I replied to my ignorant cousin who sent me the gay-bashing e-mail. I e-mailed her back and told her that her thong must be so high up her @ss that her brain must be rotting. LOL. This will start some major drama between her mother and mine for sure. Her mom already resents my mom because me and my sister have pretty good lives whereas her 2 kids are leading pretty rough lives.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I confess that I got told "not to get my panties in a wod" when I replied to my ignorant cousin who sent me the gay-bashing e-mail. I e-mailed her back and told her that her thong must be so high up her @ss that her brain must be rotting. LOL.
    Amber (32), DH Jody (25)

8w0d ultrasound

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    And, to change the subject back to cooking, I invited my mom to stay for dinner tonight and told her I was making a new dish I had never made before, "Hope it turns out well!" And then she said she was going to have one of my dad's business partners come to dinner too. I only like making experimental dishes on family members. Now I really hope it turns out well!
    So, to update you on what turned out to be a dinner party, I was leaving work late and got a text from my dad's dinner partner saying he hoped it was okay if he brought a lady friend to dinner also. This all started out as just a standard have-mom-stay-after-babysitting and try out a new dish sort of thing. This was NOT supposed to be an event. I scrambled and called dh to pick up some extra food on the way home from work because I didn't have time.

But... it turned out great. They brought wine and bread and cheese. The lady friend was verrrrry interesting, either that or a compulsive liar, which makes her interesting either way. She used to work for the UN, and for our govt and would not give more details, and lived in Taiwan and was in Bosnia during the was, working ostensibly for orphanages and refugees but also carrying firearms and setting up people in safe houses. She told some pretty terrifying stories.

Anyway, the food turned out okay. Nothing I would have cooked for a dinner party, but it wasn't bad. I got complimented on it. But it was nice to meet someone new and interesting, and see dh perk up and try to figure out exactly what branch of govt work she was in while she tried to sidestep his questions and still hint around.

Wow, that does sound like an interesting dinner. Much better to have okay food when you have a really interesting guest. Next time you can have good food and a boring guest.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess I'm relieved your dinner turned out well. I think if it had been me i would have switched gears and made an old standby dinner that I knew was well liked. I only experiment with new food when it's just Tredhed and I - cause we can order pizza if it's a complete disaster.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Well, I confess that following the first round of Clomid, my body has become flowmaster...in a REALLY big way.

Me: My body hates me.
    DH: No it doesn't dear, this is your body's way of telling you it loves you.
    Me: Then it's a really crappy lover.

With or without clomid, when you are TTC your body does in fact hate you. Its a proven fact.

19. Default

I confess I am babying Audri this morning.. She fell off the couch, and landed flat on the floor hitting the back of her head REALLY hard.

Aww, I confess poor Audri.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Aw, poor Audri.

22. Default

Shes LOVING all the attention though... You'd think she gets locked in her room and never held from the way shes acting lol

What a great thread!! I haven't been in this room in ages, but I haven't really been on the forums in ages so that's my excuse. I obviously have not read through all 42 pages though. I'll write some confessions later!

Momma/Wife/Psych Nurse (these things go together better than you'd think)

I confess I feel like my posts are invisible to everyone today.

I confess - I work at a university where few people seem to have the ability to READ INSTRUCTIONS.

My BOSS is included in that.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that my new bras make my giant boobies reeeeeally perky.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

27. Default

YAY for perky boobies!!

I confess that I am looking online for jobs for DH. While doing so I am seeing TONS that I would LOVE to apply for - medical secretaries, etc - and it kinda makes me sad........

I confess I don't know how FIL and sMIL spent so much on groceries.. There really isn't that much food in the house...

I saw it! I feel that way a lot, too.

Also, does your avatar pic have anything to do with the Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel books? It reminds me of Phedre's tattoo.
    Amber (32), DH Jody (25)

8w0d ultrasound

29. Default

I confess - I see you! But I think we all have days where we feel invisible here. or anywhere.

Lydia, that sounded like a terrible situation to be put in, but congrats on pulling it off so well! I LOVE compulsive liars at dinner parties, they make it so interesting!

Angela - I haven't seen the post you're feeling invisible about yet, but

I confess we just officially got another cat. If we stay at this rate of animal acquisition, I will be a crazy cat lady.

I confess that I saw Janeen's post about being submissive and I realized that I am very comfortable with my submissiveness in our relationship, but very ashamed of it when I tell other people.