Page 419 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3193694094174184194204214294695199191419 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,570 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

Awesome Midge! I also wish I had a clicker!

That's awesome Midge!!

My sil & I went hiking at Shindagin Hollow forest today with our kids & we had a fabulous time. There's a lean-to up there that's a free-for-all to use for camping. I really want to try that some time this year. It's very remote and absolutely gorgeous up there.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Where in Utah are you??
    I'm stuck right on top of BYU.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

shutterbird Guest

Chrissy, that sounds awesome. You should go!

I don't think everyone here pops into new moms very often, so I'm sharing this link here. A facebook album with pictures of Robbie's first year. I tried to get pictures as close to the 8th and 22nd of each months, Robbie's adjusted and birth birthdays.

I was going to wait until his birthday to do everything, but I was too excited.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid

6. Default

Shannah, he is just TOO cute!! I love his big gorgeous eyes!

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    I'm stuck right on top of BYU.
    You're like 3 hours from me!

He's so precious!!

I sent you a friend request.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 07-19-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Can someone explain to me why, when a woman is obese or overweight they say not to gain? I mean, all that baby and placenta comes from somewhere, how can it be healthy if a pregnancy basically eats mom's body? :p
    I only know 1 person irl who was encouraged to not gain weight when pregnant. She told me the dr was concerned about her weight contributing to previous miscarriages. I don't know the details or anything else, actually. That's just what my friend said.

I would think, however, that someone with more poundage could better afford to not gain than someone who has little/no excess fat. But what do I know? I'm certainly not a dr.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That's awesome Midge!!

My sil & I went hiking at Shindagin Hollow forest today with our kids & we had a fabulous time. There's a lean-to up there that's a free-for-all to use for camping. I really want to try that some time this year. It's very remote and absolutely gorgeous up there.

I love Shindagin Hollow. You should definitely do some camping.
    Just Midge

I know I posted these on FB, but this is the lean-to I'd like to stay in:

And Nonner on the trail:

I only know 1 person irl who was encouraged to not gain weight when pregnant. She told me the dr was concerned about her weight contributing to previous miscarriages. I don't know the details or anything else, actually. That's just what my friend said.

I would think, however, that someone with more poundage could better afford to not gain than someone who has little/no excess fat. But what do I know? I'm certainly not a dr.
    The thing is... my *MIL* should not be lecturing me on weight, especially when I'm pregnant, kwim?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    The thing is... my *MIL* should not be lecturing me on weight, especially when I'm pregnant, kwim?
    Oh ita...mil's should keep their medical advice to themselves!!

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Can someone explain to me why, when a woman is obese or overweight they say not to gain? I mean, all that baby and placenta comes from somewhere, how can it be healthy if a pregnancy basically eats mom's body? :p
    I don't know but my mom was overweight when she got pg with me and only gained 12 lbs total and I was 7 of that.

She had lost a LOT of weight (over 100 lbs) and was thin when she got pg with my sister, and gained a little over 30 with her (and sister and I were exact same weight and height).

I'm thinking that if I ever got pg, I really shouldn't gain much weight. I already consume enough calories to support a growing baby (otherwise I would be thin already!). As long as I get enough vitamins and nutritionally sound food, I figure I should be good to go. Maybe 10-15 lbs tops is all that would be recommended for me to gain.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I know I posted these on FB, but this is the lean-to I'd like to stay in:

And Nonner on the trail:

Whoa ... when I was growing up I went hiking/camping with my girl scout troop and we stayed in a lean-to that looked very much like that. Can't be the same place, though. I think we were in Westchester somewhere, or north of that. Not sure, though.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I think this lean-to was built in 2005 (?) but I'm not sure. I know it's not every old. There are many of them around though, and all would look very similar.

My sil says she'd be scared to stay there, but I think it would be fun.

Definitely not the same place, then! Would have been the 80's sometime!

It was a fun trip but I remember it being very windy and the wind oriented so it went right in the open wall. It was April, so it was pretty cold. Definitely try it in summer if you're going to.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

18. Default

I confess my mom has a lullabye she sings to Charlie, and I loooove it!!

"Rock-a-bye Charlie, In grandma's lap...
    Breakfast is over, its time for a nap....
    Lay your head down, and sing me your song...
    You'll be asleep before too long"

I think this lean-to was built in 2005 (?) but I'm not sure. I know it's not every old. There are many of them around though, and all would look very similar.

My sil says she'd be scared to stay there, but I think it would be fun.
    Umm, so what is a lean-to? Does it just have three walls and a roof?

I'm a city girl and have never been camping......

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I agree. I think all women should pretty much mind their own business when it comes to another womans pregnancy...unless of course you have a female ob/gyn, midwife, or doula.

And all of the sudden it occurs to me, I have lived at the base of a mountain my whole life in that state with the most national parks, and I have never really gone camping. I've been to a church camp, and it was gorgeous, an absolutely beautiful camping site, but there wasn't any real outdoors-roughing it kind of thing going on.

Now I want to go camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    It was a fun trip but I remember it being very windy and the wind oriented so it went right in the open wall. It was April, so it was pretty cold. Definitely try it in summer if you're going to.
    I've wondered about that. Plus, at this place the fire pit is very close to the opening. If the wind was blowing wrong, it would be blowing all over us. But it's been up for years and it hasn't caught fire yet, so....? It must be fairly safe.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess my mom has a lullabye she sings to Charlie, and I loooove it!!

"Rock-a-bye Charlie, In grandma's lap...
    Breakfast is over, its time for a nap....
    Lay your head down, and sing me your song...
    You'll be asleep before too long"
    That's so sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Umm, so what is a lean-to? Does it just have three walls and a roof?

I'm a city girl and have never been camping......
    Yep, that's what a lean-to is. Camping is great fun...although I've never done it in a lean-to myself. I have slept in a tent before though!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanna(h) View Post
    And all of the sudden it occurs to me, I have lived at the base of a mountain my whole life in that state with the most national parks, and I have never really gone camping. I've been to a church camp, and it was gorgeous, an absolutely beautiful camping site, but there wasn't any real outdoors-roughing it kind of thing going on.

Now I want to go camping.
    You really should go! I love camping a lot. It's fun for the kids too.

Am out of town visiting my mom right now just wanted to pop in and say hi!

And wanted to confess that I am sooooooo ready to go home. I love my mom but miss DH and my house. I really don't like staying at other people's houses and am kind of regretting deciding to stay here for so long. I will be here until the 28th and then will be staying in Chicago for a week and am hoping that DH, who will be driving up to get us to go to Chicago (his hometown) won't go crazy and make me want to smack him while we are there, he always goes crazy in Chicago and we have horrible arguments and I swore I wouldn't go back because of this, but my MIL hasn't seen the kids in over a year and I love her so I will brave DH's tantrums to visit her and do my best to avoid him.

Also, wanted to add, that I was overweight with both my PGs and gained 20lbs with each and my OB was fine with that and congratulated me on not gaining too much. Ky was 8lbs and I lost the weight within 2 weeks Elle was 6.9lbs and I lost the weight in a month

Erin

Oh, forgot to confess that I was offered a job right before I left town!!!! I am soooooo looking forward to working. I am a SAHM right now and really am not a mom cut out for staying at home so I am happy that I'll be working again. It pays 5K more than my goal salary so I am uber excited about that even though I'm worried about Elle adjusting to daycare, but I know she'll be fine and I will transition her slowly since my new boss, who is also a family friend, says I can start part time if I want and she doesn't need me to start officially until Sept so we have plenty of time to get Elle used to her daycare staff.

Erin

shutterbird Guest

I confess I seriously love my child. It's storming pretty badly outside right now. Thunder boomed and I heard her in her room, "Mr. Brown makes thunder, BOOM BOOM BOOM!"

shutterbird Guest

Erin, there's no place like home. So true! I know by the end of my vacations, I'm sooo ready to sleep in my own bed and eat in my own kitchen. Fingers crossed that your DH doesn't go crazy in Chicago. Also, congrats on the job!

Congrats Erin!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I seriously love my child. It's storming pretty badly outside right now. Thunder boomed and I heard her in her room, "Mr. Brown makes thunder, BOOM BOOM BOOM!"
    Dani (6) and Chris (4)

Erin, I hope your trip goes well. I know how you feel. I like to be home too. Congrats on the job! What will you be doing?

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    That is too cute.

Congratulations Erin! It sounds like the perfect opportunity!

I hope your trip goes well and you end up having a great time.