Page 417 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 3173674074154164174184194274675179171417 ... LastLast
Results 12,481 to 12,510 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I confess sometimes it bothers me when something good happens to us and someone says 'thank the Lord!" or "God is good!" Um... what about all our hard work that went into the situation? No, our back-breaking efforts were nothing, it was *your* prayers that helped us.

Whatever.
    I hate that too! I even felt it was wrong when I was younger and still believed. I was like, what's wrong with recognizing your own hard work? Why is that a sin?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I don't get it either Abbeysmom!

Thanks for the support everyone. I think I just need a 'feel sorry for myself' day LOL

Good gravy. WHY must Savana take everything I say to her and use it in conversation as much as she possibly can??
    She said to me the other day that butts, penises and vaginas are gross and disgusting because poop and pee comes out of them. I said to her that I actually think every part of my body is beautiful because every little part of it has a job to do and they all work together in this amazing way so that I can be alive and healthy.
    So today her and Kai are using the potty together, one right after the other as they often do and she says, "Kai, your penis and your butt are beautiful."
    Then she comes out to the rest of the class and says, "Everyone! Your butt is beautiful, just like your face and your brain. You might think it's gross. It's not. Butts, penises and vaginas are ALL beautiful!"
    Help me.

Savana cracks me up.

5. Default

hahaha... sorry Bridget... but I just her!

ROFL at Savana!

LOL Bridget! Mia likes to talk loudly about my boobs in public. Fun times.

Kate - I'm sorry about the lame play date. I can't stand it when people do that. It's so uncomfortable.

Bridget-that's too funny!!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I think all the cool people only exist online. I just went to a playgroup with some moms from the UU church. Now I know I'm relatively new to the group but I just feel completely ignored. Two of the women were really close so they sat and talked the whole time. They stayed in while I went outside with the husband of the house and the kids. Awkward...
    When I came in to say goodbye to the two friends on the couch, they barely looked at me. Jeez, sorry.
    Most of these women are totally pretentious anyway, I don't know why I try. They're all about organic this and hemp that and all natural this and bfing and cding and that's all fine but they look down their noses at people who don't (or even worse don't seem to realize there are people who don't) and they throw it in at every chance that everything they use is reusable or natural.
    One of the women has a reusable straw for heaven's sake.
    I confess I cried on the way home. I haven't had a good friend since high school and normally I'd say eff it, but I'm getting sick of being lonely and invisible. Even when I go to the gym the ladies say hi to Josh and not to me. WTF?
    Darnit! I wish you could come hang out with me and my friends. We're a good mix of every kind of parent there is...and we keep each other in check. Those women just sound like they suck.
    Just Midge

shutterbird Guest

I confess

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, bwahaha!

I still get applause when I pee on the potty in public restrooms.

I confess sometimes it bothers me when something good happens to us and someone says 'thank the Lord!" or "God is good!" Um... what about all our hard work that went into the situation? No, our back-breaking efforts were nothing, it was *your* prayers that helped us.

Whatever.
    It bugs me that everyone thinks the only reason Robbie's is alive is because of their prayers. It is very disrespectful of my beliefs, and it just makes me want to ask why god didn't listen to the 23hrs of prayers while I was in the hospital trying to have my labor stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Good gravy. WHY must Savana take everything I say to her and use it in conversation as much as she possibly can??
    She said to me the other day that butts, penises and vaginas are gross and disgusting because poop and pee comes out of them. I said to her that I actually think every part of my body is beautiful because every little part of it has a job to do and they all work together in this amazing way so that I can be alive and healthy.
    So today her and Kai are using the potty together, one right after the other as they often do and she says, "Kai, your penis and your butt are beautiful."
    Then she comes out to the rest of the class and says, "Everyone! Your butt is beautiful, just like your face and your brain. You might think it's gross. It's not. Butts, penises and vaginas are ALL beautiful!"
    Help me.
    dh and I actually lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Bridget, bwahaha!

I still get applause when I pee on the potty in public restrooms.
    That's awesome.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

I don't really understand how people can think that prayer helps...I mean what does that say about all the lives that were not saved even though people prayed for them? That they were undeserving? It's just sad.

Hah! Bridget that's awesome. She and Oscar need a date. Today he told me "Mama, I think right now, I have sperm." Er sure you do, dude, but they're not grown up sperm yet. He also said "Mama Gus will be vvvEEEEEERrry big and your vagina is VEERRRRRRyyyyy small."

Yeah buddy, thanks for the reminder.

Whatever.
    Drives me NUTS. It's simply a way of a) not taking responsibility when something is all kinda ****ed up and b) not allowing other people to have pride or satisfaction in their extraordinary efforts because of some ego issue. In my humble, opinion of course.

"God willing" makes me sick. Like oh, if I piss God off this baby won't be born healthy, right? What I'd really like to know is in their eyes, do they REALLY think I must've done something wrong to deserve the death of my firstborn? Crazies, the lot of 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Hah! Bridget that's awesome. She and Oscar need a date. Today he told me "Mama, I think right now, I have sperm." Er sure you do, dude, but they're not grown up sperm yet. He also said "Mama Gus will be vvvEEEEEERrry big and your vagina is VEERRRRRRyyyyy small."

Yeah buddy, thanks for the reminder.
    Could you imagine the conversations Savana and Oscar would have? I hope they meet someday.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Could you imagine the conversations Savana and Oscar would have? I hope they meet someday.
    There would ABSOLUTELY have to be video taken....

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess
    Yeah.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Yeah.

You two okay??

You and Kim that is
    Just Midge

Just a disturbing thread elsewhere on the board.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

shutterbird Guest

Not why I was ranting (just another DH bonehead moment) but I'm surprised the thread has stayed as civil as it has thus far.

There's more to this board?

I confess I'm feeling sooooo lazy today. I slept like the dead so you'd think I'd be all refreshed and ready to go. Usually I'm out of the house an hour before now...and I haven't even showered yet.

Which thread? Pm me if you don't want to be public about it. I'm curious.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid

shutterbird Guest

Good luck finding energy, Chrissy. It seems to have evaded me as well!

I confess I joined a book club and am so very excited about it! Social interaction! With adults! Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Drives me NUTS. It's simply a way of a) not taking responsibility when something is all kinda ****ed up and b) not allowing other people to have pride or satisfaction in their extraordinary efforts because of some ego issue. In my humble, opinion of course.

"God willing" makes me sick. Like oh, if I piss God off this baby won't be born healthy, right? What I'd really like to know is in their eyes, do they REALLY think I must've done something wrong to deserve the death of my firstborn? Crazies, the lot of 'em.
    I was actually told that Robbie would be doing better if I had more faith. This was right after I found out that Robbie had to be resuscitated. So yes, some are that crazy.

Others just think our faith and prayers don't always help, and sometimes bad things have to happen. Like when Christ was on the cross and finished his pray saying "never the less thy will be done."
    Last edited by intactivstmom; 07-17-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Oh, I think I found the thread.

My aunt was on the phone with her best friend, who was driving drunk and using a cell phone, when she crashed and died. My aunt seriously believes God took her because the family is cursed and she is not meant to have a close friend. It's been 11 years...maybe 12 now, and she still believes the sole reason her friend died was because she was friends with her.

Religion messes people up something fierce. In every other way, my aunt is sane. It boggles my mind that she thinks that.

Wait, let me clarify. Not all religious people are crazies. All religious people who think their myopic beliefs somehow impact reality - like Robbie's health or Jasper's death - are crazies.

shutterbird Guest

That's sad, Chrissy. I hate that she's living with guilt over an accident.