Page 41 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 51 91 141 541 1041 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Awww, c'mere Alisha and show me them feets.
    *Squeak!*
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Anatresia View Post
    I confess that we met with a pastor at my mom's church to baptize our daughter, just to please our parents, and the pastor basically said if we wouldn't join their church, he wouldn't do it. Paul was fuming, but very polite, and we couldn't get out of there fast enough. Oh and this whole process started when my mom's friend volunteered me to paint a mural at the church. The pastor actually thought I'd paint a mural on five walls for FREE after he said no to the baptism. WTF?!

So my daughter is a heathen and it breaks my mother's heart. Oh well.
    How rude of him
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    *Squeak!*
    I confess I imagined you squeaking when I read this!

Quote Originally Posted by amorton1437 View Post
    God wont file the paperwork with the army
    That's funny.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess I am scared to post in here being Christian, I dont wanna be shunned

But I also confess that if one more person tells me that God will take care of me and always delivers, I will tell them where to shove it. Does advice and comfort always have to be "trust in God"? Actual advice would be great. Thanks Im done now :batman:

I'm sorry. I feel like people use that as a cop out sometimes because they don't have anything better to say.

Ugh. I just got a stoopid chain e-mail type thing from my cousin who I didn't even know was religious about the ABC show "The Practice" and its support for gay people. I didn't even read the whole e-mail and replied to her that "I don't watch ABC any how, I'm not bothered by gay people and I'm not a Christian either." I hope that stops the e-mails. Bah humbug to people like her.

7. Default

I confess I want to go onto DH'S myspace and b!tch out this 18 y/o he's been texting... HES MARRIED WITH 2 KIDS YOU IDIOT! LEAVE HIM ALONE!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I want to go onto DH'S myspace and b!tch out this 18 y/o he's been texting... HES MARRIED WITH 2 KIDS YOU IDIOT! LEAVE HIM ALONE!
    Don't see anything wrong with that. Why don't you ***** him out, too? That is just crappy for you .

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Don't see anything wrong with that. Why don't you ***** him out, too? That is just crappy for you .
    Really? I just looked at a can of fish arseholes and I can't say itchbay? tee hee

But I also confess that if one more person tells me that God will take care of me and always delivers, I will tell them where to shove it. Does advice and comfort always have to be "trust in God"? Actual advice would be great. Thanks Im done now :batman:
    been there, many times. DH's family likes to use that phrase all the time. It's like, thank you, but perhaps I could be be just a little bit proactive and try to solve my own problems?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I have.. on more than one occassion.. He doesn't see anything wrong with them texting because they were friends before he and i even met. Nevermind the fact he told me he tried to "get with her" before he joined the army....

shutterbird Guest

Um yeah, I vote say something!!!

BTW, when do you find out the sex?!

13. Default

Not sure... Waiting to get my medicaid stuff, then I gotta set up an appointment at the new doc's

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
    I confess I've had a craptacular day.

what's happened?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post

what's happened?
    We all barely slept last night (DD was up about 8 times), DD's in a terrible mood and threw 4,000 tantrums at the playground, a stupid mom gave me dirty looks due to those fits, DD didn't want to eat -- opting to throw all her food on the floor I just mopped, DD bought the wrong fish at the supermarket so dinner is basically ruined, and my dad is in the hospital (he has a ton of health problems, it seems he'll be fine, we have a screwed up relationship and I spoke with him, though, so it's weird).

Everything's OK but I just want to go to bed. After having a big old beer.

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
    We all barely slept last night (DD was up about 8 times), DD's in a terrible mood and threw 4,000 tantrums at the playground, a stupid mom gave me dirty looks due to those fits, DD didn't want to eat -- opting to throw all her food on the floor I just mopped, DD bought the wrong fish at the supermarket so dinner is basically ruined, and my dad is in the hospital (he has a ton of health problems, it seems he'll be fine, we have a screwed up relationship and I spoke with him, though, so it's weird).

Everything's OK but I just want to go to bed. After having a big old beer.
    Have one for me too please.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Oops -- DD didn't buy the fish, DH did. I couldn't really hold it against a 1 year old for not getting it right, could I?

I confess that a lot of people stalk my myspace blog but never comment and it kind of annoys me a teeny weeny bit.

I confess that I have been unbelievably crabby since my return from Europe and I don't even really have a reason, except all those little things that are weighing on my mind. And stress, I guess.

I confess that I have been mostly lurking since I got back and I don't even know why.

I confess that I thought it was pretty interesting and kind of funny when I read today a thread where some people said/implied that they thought atheists really believe in god deep down, because I can't get past the feeling that I have that all religious people really know there _isn't_ a god deep down. It made me laugh at myself, and then the whole world, cause humans are really quite silly when you get right down to it.

I confess that I think that the above statement will probably be hugely and deeply offensive to someone even though that is even more silly.

So everyone, how's it going? Did I miss anything while I was away?
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I confess that I have been unbelievably crabby since my return from Europe and I don't even really have a reason, except all those little things that are weighing on my mind. And stress, I guess.

I confess that I have been mostly lurking since I got back and I don't even know why.

I confess that I thought it was pretty interesting and kind of funny when I read today a thread where some people said/implied that they thought atheists really believe in god deep down, because I can't get past the feeling that I have that all religious people really know there _isn't_ a god deep down. It made me laugh at myself, and then the whole world, cause humans are really quite silly when you get right down to it.

I confess that I think that the above statement will probably be hugely and deeply offensive to someone even though that is even more silly.

So everyone, how's it going? Did I miss anything while I was away?
    The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that you missed would be Alisha's newly confessed foot fetish.

(She's gonna kill me)

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that you missed would be Alisha's newly confessed foot fetish.

(She's gonna kill me)
    Naw, that I caught!
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess I was going to ask a 'where is Maggie' on here.
    How was Europe? Business or pleasure. I confess I have never been outside of N. America
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

24. Default

I confess I thought it had been a while since I saw you post!

Awww, I feel missed.

We were visiting DH's family. So, kind of business and kind of pleasure. We visited Heidelburg and a castle on the Rhein that was really cool. And Norah was a rock star on the airplane. She was sooooooo excited about the plane. Pane! Pane! Pane!!!!! It was hilarious.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I
    Ha! I had the same thought process. We are silly, aren't we?

Welcome back, btw! I missed you!

Yippee for Maggie and her smartness!!!
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

shutterbird Guest

I confess it pisses me off when people find it in them to respond to stupid, pointless threads (not talking about this one) but can't take two seconds to respond to my concerned one. Stupid cliques. Stupid gay discussion that apparently turned half of APA against me.

I confess that I have no idea what you're talking about (YET!) but I feel like throwing out a stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid!

30. Default

I confess - again - That I miss out on ALOT that I should probably read for future reference, because I stick mainly to this thread..