Page 399 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2993493893973983994004014094494998991399 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,970 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I think it's because you get back what you put into the world. You're genuinely a nice, sweet person and people cannot help but want to show their support of you. As with your parents. I know where you got it from.
    Thank you for saying this.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    TS3 was cute! Lorelai loved it and I cried at the end. I had to keep reminding myself that it was about TOYS.
    Bobbie and Sydney cried, but Jessica and Conner did not. Jess & Conner take after their father They all had a really great time and Conner was perfect for his sisters. I'm so happy for them,

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    The sad thing is, I took some online classes last summer and I hated it. I've always really liked school, I don't want to feel that way about it. But it was just not fun at all.

At this point, I'd just be happy with a vacation. We're going home in August. We'll see how that goes. But I think seeing all those people, my family and friends, will just remind me that I don't have a normal life and won't for a while. I think I'm just sort of "over" the army right now. I'm tired of them dictating MY life.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    Chrissy - I'd be testifying about seeing the guy at the party we were at, etc.. I was the one who took my friend to the hospital when she came running inside bawling her eyes out.. etc.

I confess B missed his court date earlier this week and now has a warrant out for his arrest. and apparently also lost his job, and was kicked out of the place he was living.....

I sure know how to pick em, huh?
    Ugh-I can only imagine how awful that must have been for you both. You're a great friend.

However B is now is no reflection on you. You got out. That shows smarts and bravery. Many women stay with men like that for 30 or more years because they're afraid to leave. I admire your courage.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Thank you for saying this.
    I meant it.

I confess my 1st box of nicotine patches came in. I tentatively have Monday as my quit date...but I'm afraid I'll start gaining weight. I've ran and watched my calories for the past 3 years. I started 3/07 at 175-ish (I saw 17# & looked away because I was so horrified at that number) and got down to 150-160. I bounced between 150 & 160 for the last year and a half. I only dropped to 142 in the past 2 months, and I think it's the smoking. I honestly don't know if I'll stay quit if my weight starts climbing back up.

I know it's stupid, but that's how I feel. I keep telling myself that I've been better about watching calories this time, and I'm running further than I used to, but that little voice in my head is telling me the cigarettes are helping with appetite suppressing.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

You can do it Chrissy!
    The playgroup was great this morning. Everyone loved the house and the yard, and the kids had so much fun. After that, Josh and I went to a farmer's market and a little store that does baked goods. Desserts are not my thing but we had a cookie at the market that was so good, I wanted to check out the store that makes them. They do really cute cakes and stuff.

It sounds like a wonderful day all round!

It really was a good day. It's exhausting to stay busy like that all day (we did other stuff besides the playgroup and market) but it really helps Josh be in a better mood if I keep him going. He gets so bored if we hang around the house and he tells me "I can't beside (decide) what to do Mommy, you beside." LOL

lol...that's so cute! Conner is the same way. If we're not constantly doing 'something' he starts picking on his sisters. Sometimes not in a nice, cute way either.

I tried on jeans last night, and fit a 7. I'm very happy about that...I didn't buy any though because they didn't have any I liked, but just knowing I could fit a 7 made my week.

Chrissy, we should go shopping together once I get this baby weight off Obviously not in Ithaca, since there's all of 2 stores to shop in here.

You are so going to be able to quit smoking. You are such a strong confident woman, at least that's how I read you
    Just Midge

I got in to an argument with my mother over whether dogs have souls or not....lol...our chihuahua who is 17 (and lives in AR with my parents) is nearing the end of her days, so my mom was telling me about how sad she was about it and how she was sad she didn't have a soul so she wouldn't see her in heaven. I asked her who told her dogs didn't have souls so she said "the preacher" so we got in to an argument over listening to preachers....lol...seriously, though, I'm so sad to be losing my dog but she has had a good life. I'll probably cry once she is gone, though.

If I have a soul, my dogs do too. Plain and simple.

I'm so sorry about your chihuahua.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Sorry about your doggie Glad she had a good life though!

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    Chrissy, we should go shopping together once I get this baby weight off Obviously not in Ithaca, since there's all of 2 stores to shop in here.

You are so going to be able to quit smoking. You are such a strong confident woman, at least that's how I read you
    Thank you. And I'd LOVE to go shopping with you!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I got in to an argument with my mother over whether dogs have souls or not....lol...our chihuahua who is 17 (and lives in AR with my parents) is nearing the end of her days, so my mom was telling me about how sad she was about it and how she was sad she didn't have a soul so she wouldn't see her in heaven. I asked her who told her dogs didn't have souls so she said "the preacher" so we got in to an argument over listening to preachers....lol...seriously, though, I'm so sad to be losing my dog but she has had a good life. I'll probably cry once she is gone, though.
    Ugh-this is a big reason why I can't have conversations with religious people. I mean, come on! Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    If I have a soul, my dogs do too. Plain and simple.

I'm so sorry about your chihuahua.
    Agreed. And I too am sorry about your chihuahua.

Why do people insist America was founded on Christianity? What do you say when that comes up? Is it worth the effort to argue?

Tell the buggers that America was founded on FREEDOM, one of the bits included freedom of RELIGION (not Christianity) and that includes the freedom to say F you there is no God.

I cannot stop eating avacados. It's all I think about. I put it on top of everything or just eat it with a spoon.
    I took the kids to the zoo today. I was up early and getting ready to go, planned to meet my dad there when dbf started getting ready too. I actually assumed that he wasn't going to go and felt a little like I didn't want him to go because so often when he comes with us everything has to revolve around him. If he's too hot, or too hungry or too bored, he cuts it short. I kept telling him he didn't have to come and finally I just said, "If you come with us, I really need you to make it all about the kids. I really like to just go with the flow and when you come with us it feels like we the whole day revolves around your needs."
    He actually said okay. And he actually did it. I only had to tell him to chill once.
    I think the lesson here is that if I have to point blank tell him what's up ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Aw, sorry about your dog.

Ooh, I like what you said to him. Mind if I steal it?
    Whenever DH goes with us somewhere, it's all about what direction he wants to go in, what stores he wants to see, when he wants to leave, etc. When just I go out with Josh I usually let him do what he wants for however long he wants. And it goes a lot better.

17. Default

Wow Bridget!! I really hope these changes are for real!!

So I stopped at Starbucks on the way home and bought an iced coffee and a snack. The total was $6.66. I think this must be my official notification that I'm a heathen!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Bridget, what happened to him in Vegas? I am so happy for you that he seems to be getting his act together, but the cynic in me wants to know when the other boot will drop. Am I an asshole friend for saying that?

Avocados sprinkled with salt and a squeeze of lemon. YUM.

I confess that I don't know WTF is going to happen with my business when I have Gus. I know I'll work it out, don't get me wrong, but we've just gotten mega busy again and the idea of real maternity leave is now totally laughable. I can subcontract some of the work, but not all, and we'll definitely be traveling again by the time he's three months. We'll take the whole family with, but it's overwhelming me to think about, so I'm trying not to think about it. My new client just gave us our first project and it involves my going to Denver end of next month to facilitate a major meeting and I'm torn. It's a huge opportunity, and of COURSE I'll do it, but like I'll be 7 months pregnant. I actually have to buy clothes I'll only wear ONCE.

Hmm.... Can you afford a Nanny? Sometimes, like an Au Pair or something, would jump at the opportunity to be traveling with a family...work related or not, it's a chance for them to visit other cities while they have their down time. I know that's probably prohibitively expensive, but maybe??

I got out of the house yesterday - it was heavenly...although there were people who thought I was nuts to be at a toddler's birthday party 4 days post par tum. I personally feel like the days leading up to delivery are more taxing than the days after. But that's just me!
    Just Midge

I agree Midge, I felt golden after birth (if a little tired).

We could afford a nanny, but I'll be really honest. I totally resist the thought of consistent "child care" for the kids. I feel like if I have to do that, I need to slow down work instead. My (our, really, my DH agrees) primary job is to be their primary caregiver. If we're paying someone else to do it, the model's all wrong.

I may have my SIL tag along. Free vacation for her, a little extra help around the edges for us.

And YAY for getting out of the house!

Stacy, believe me, I am thinking the exact same thing. If he proves me wrong, so be it.
    And I'm wondering how I am going to run my daycare immediately after I have my baby. I'm just not sure I can swing it and I don't know what to do. I've considered finding a sub but I'm not sure I'd ever find the right person. And the pay would be crap since I'd still be buying and preparing the meals and I'm hardly making a profit as it is. It might actually be perfect for a stay at home mom looking to make a *little extra money and bring their child along. We shall see.

I think your solution sounds good. Find someone to be there who'd like a little extra money but isn't looking for it as a total solution?

Stacy, believe me, I am thinking the exact same thing. If he proves me wrong, so be it.
    And I'm wondering how I am going to run my daycare immediately after I have my baby. I'm just not sure I can swing it and I don't know what to do. I've considered finding a sub but I'm not sure I'd ever find the right person. And the pay would be crap since I'd still be buying and preparing the meals and I'm hardly making a profit as it is. It might actually be perfect for a stay at home mom looking to make a *little extra money and bring their child along. We shall see.

As a stay at home mom, who is always hoping to find a way to make a little extra money, I would LOVE a situation like yours. It's not a permanent job, so it would allow someone to make a few extra bucks to save for christmas or something, without being a total commitment. I would be able to bring my own kids, and so the pay, not being great isn't much of an issue. I love temporary babysitting gigs.
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post
    So I stopped at Starbucks on the way home and bought an iced coffee and a snack. The total was $6.66. I think this must be my official notification that I'm a heathen!
    lol...Bobbie has 666 in her social security number. She thinks she's doomed (not really-she's non-superstitious)

I'm sure you both will find solutions that work, Stacy & Bridget. You both smart and capable and these things do seem to work themselves out. So maybe you'll slow down for a period Stacy. And Bridget, I agree that getting extra help won't be a big issue. I know people who work at home daycare positions (or have), and they usually have something going on in their life that makes it difficult for them to have a regular part time job. Whether they did it for childcare experience while they were going to college for child development, or between semesters or years at college, or being a stay at home mom looking for a few extra bucks...there are all sorts of people out there and I have no doubt you'll find a good fit.

I have to admit...I wonder what happened in Vegas too. I sincerely hope he's just waking up and realizing what he has and that he hasn't been stepping up to the plate much and is trying to remedy that.

I'm assuming that you have a business license and you are an accredited day care. Would you be able to hire somebody? Dh can't hire somebody for his home based business, but maybe day care would be different. If you could hire them what about workman's comp, payroll taxes, unemployment insurance etc.
    Not trying to discourage you, I just don't want you to be 40 weeks pregnant and figure out that hiring somebody won't work.
    Of course hiring somebody off the books would work too, so maybe you don't have to worry about any of that.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Oh what a hot day! I don't know if it's the humidity or what, but it feels hotter today than it did a few weeks ago when it was pushing 90. I'm not complaining, I love it. But I'm just surprised at how much I'm sweating by doing nothing. My only complaint is how much everyone else around me is complaining. I'm still not putting the air conditioners in though.

We had a busy busy day. I took the girls to the Ithaca mall so Bobbie could submit job applications. It took forever! I hate shopping.

On a humorous note, I mentioned to Rich that Aunt Flo was visiting the other day and Conner heard me. He looked at Rich and said, "I want to see Aunt Flo!"

Rich let me explain that one...I just said Mommy was kidding, no one is here. I have to be more careful!

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    As a stay at home mom, who is always hoping to find a way to make a little extra money, I would LOVE a situation like yours. It's not a permanent job, so it would allow someone to make a few extra bucks to save for christmas or something, without being a total commitment. I would be able to bring my own kids, and so the pay, not being great isn't much of an issue. I love temporary babysitting gigs.
    Yep, I would have loved that too when I was a SAHM. I hope you can find a solution, Bridget.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    On a humorous note, I mentioned to Rich that Aunt Flo was visiting the other day and Conner heard me. He looked at Rich and said, "I want to see Aunt Flo!"

Rich let me explain that one...I just said Mommy was kidding, no one is here. I have to be more careful!

I confess that I'm sooo annoyed right now. I misunderstood the wording on the university website, and thought I had until June 30 to get all my documents in. Nope. The cut-off was June 11.

Oh well. I'll just have to apply again next semester.