Page 394 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2943443843923933943953964044444948941394 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,820 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

That's great news, Mandy!

Glad you and bean are okay, Stash.

Nothing wrong with medication in trying to quit smoking. Whatever it takes. It took me years to quit, with lots of practice runs. My last time, when it "took" I used Zyban and did a lot of mental preparation and read a book by Allan Carr that was tremendously helpful in learning how to distance myself from the emotional need for smokes (pm me if you want more info - I highly recommend his program). I still love smoking, but I don't need them anymore. It's nice to be free.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I was a smoker for years. When Jasper died, the first thing I did when I left the hospital was lit up a cigarette. I stopped again when I had Oscar, started again for a month or so (lightly) when he was around 18 months, then quit again. I've quit four times. This last time was "for good" - funny how you know it when it happens. I have absolutely no interest anymore in smoking. Nasty, horrible Fing habit and I refuse to be enslaved by them.

That said, there is NOTHING like a good glass of wine and a cigarette. Shame really

I used zyban once. Stopped taking it and felt like I was going to leap off a bridge, no kidding. Terrible drug, that.

My cervix is "long and closed" by the way - YAY. No bedrest for me!!!

Jeezus, I wish you would all stop talking about smoking. I want to so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    YAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Jeezus, I wish you would all stop talking about smoking. I want to so bad.
    I want WINE.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Stacy, I'm so glad everything is okay!

It seems like S. is getting colic, and it's starting earlier and going later every night. The nice thing about this not being my first child is that I'm not taking it personally. yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Stacy, I'm so glad everything is okay!

It seems like S. is getting colic, and it's starting earlier and going later every night. The nice thing about this not being my first child is that I'm not taking it personally. yet.
    Oh no. Bobbie had colic. I remember well how difficult that can be.

I'm just so mad at myself for starting smoking again after 5.5 years. I simply lit up one night at a bar and that's all it took. For those 5.5 years, I never even had a puff, never wanted one and I really thought I was done. Ugh at me. I'm weak.

I'm am slightly inspired because you said you quit 4 times Stacy. I only quit successfully once. I never thought I'd be here again.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

8. Default

I confess I got everything in order today to have an ad placed in the KC Star to serve B... Fax it off in the am.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I'm am slightly inspired because you said you quit 4 times Stacy. I only quit successfully once. I never thought I'd be here again.

I think I quit more than four times. In fact, I'm sure of it. And I re-started after Esme died (after years of being a non-smoker), but managed to quit two months later before conceiving the twins. With the previous history of SIDS, I was able to focus on not increasing my risk factors.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    I confess I got everything in order today to have an ad placed in the KC Star to serve B... Fax it off in the am.
    OK, I know the girls in that signature, but the name . . . .

What is with everyone changing their names lately?
    Did I miss a memo?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Oh Duh, sorry chrissy... I can't keep up with the posts and didn't realize you were currently smoking or I'd have added a little encouragement to my rant about smoking. Quitting is seriously the hardest thing I've done. My husband and I joke that the only time we've thought about divorce was when we were trying to quit. It's not a joke. I think it's that hard for some people, like me. I'm simply an addict, and not one of those people who can have just one. THAT's what keeps me from starting again - that I don't want to have to go through quitting again.

Chrissy, you know, because of your running you're actually in a great spot to quit. Heavy exercise helps loads. Not going to pretend though, it's still freakin hard. Don't beat yourself up though, just do something.

Think of it this way - you lost all that weight. You can certainly do this.

Oh Duh, sorry chrissy... I can't keep up with the posts and didn't realize you were currently smoking or I'd have added a little encouragement to my rant about smoking. Quitting is seriously the hardest thing I've done. My husband and I joke that the only time we've thought about divorce was when we were trying to quit. It's not a joke. I think it's that hard for some people, like me. I'm simply an addict, and not one of those people who can have just one. THAT's what keeps me from starting again - that I don't want to have to go through quitting again.

Chrissy, you know, because of your running you're actually in a great spot to quit. Heavy exercise helps loads. Not going to pretend though, it's still freakin hard. Don't beat yourself up though, just do something.

Think of it this way - you lost all that weight. You can certainly do this.

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    OK, I know the girls in that signature, but the name . . . .

What is with everyone changing their names lately?
    Did I miss a memo?
    I changed mine cause I figured better safe than sorry.... B knew my old name, and knew apa... so I didn't want him looking me up some day and seeing me vent about him, etc..

So I don't get it. Does he actually get served via an ad in the paper? I'm so glad this will all be done for you soon.

I just read in Midge's birth room that she's likely in labor!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    So I don't get it. Does he actually get served via an ad in the paper? I'm so glad this will all be done for you soon.
    Yes. The ad reads

Notice to "B"

You are notified that a Complaint for Divorce, Civil Action No. ________, has been filed in the Wyoming District Court for the Third Judicial District, whose address is 80 W Flaming Gorge Way Suite 255, PO BOX 430, Green River, WY 82935 seeking dissolution of your marriage to "Me" and a Decree of Divorce is in her favor. Unless you file an Answer or otherwise respond to this Complaint for Divorce within 30 days following the last date of publication of this notice, a Default Judgment will be taken against you and a Decree of Divorce will be granted.
    It will run once a week, for four weeks.

Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yaaaaaaaay!

Cool!

It will run once a week, for four weeks.
    That's great!

Yay for Midge!! Easy labor vibes!!

I just signed up for NY's smokers quit line. If I'm eligible, they'll send me free patches. Ironically, I'm kind of excited about that. My cousin said they helped with her nicotine craving and for some reason that's where I really feel I need the most help right now.

Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Good luck, Chrissy; you can do it!

Good luck Chrissy!

Yay Midge and you can do it Chrissy!

Midge gave birth already!

Oh wow--congrat Midge!!! Happy news

Wow, just logging in and was wondering how she was doing! That's great!

Yay!! Congrats Midge! Is there a thread about it?

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Yay!! Congrats Midge! Is there a thread about it?
    This is all I saw: http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=259691

And GOOD LUCK Chrissy! I know you can do it!

Dbf is freaking me out. He's being really cool. Pretty much since he came home from Vegas. I mean, what kind of jerk would he have to be to not be cool with me losing my mom and all but it's, like, consistent. Last night I was in the kitchen and had just emptied the dishwasher when he came in and said, "I'll finish in here" and loaded, cleaned the entire kitchen.
    He made a blunder last night when we were running some errands and he opened Kai's door to get him out of his seat while I opened Savana's. I said, "Oh, Kai took his shoes off" and dbf said, "Ugh. You get him out. I don't feel like dealing with that and he's being whiny." I said, "Get your son out of the car and I'll meet you inside."
    He had the nerve to say, "Did you hear what I just said?" like an authority figure or something. I laughed and walked into the store. He actually came in and said, "Sorry about that." He never apolgizes without prompting and even then it's usually, "Sorry you took that the wrong the way" or something equally insincere.

I hope this is change for real.