Page 393 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2933433833913923933943954034434938931393 ... LastLast
Results 11,761 to 11,790 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm so sorry Krista. I didn't realise you were going through all of this.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Krista, what a sad situation. I'm really sorry, and I can see how stressful it would be on top of everything else, to be worried about your parents' houses. I think it's totally normal to be anxious and unhappy, but I do think there are ways to deal with the emotions proactively so you can better cope with the stressors, including pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical help.

Krista

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Yes, Midge, share the knowledge please. Jonathan is on a med for anti-anxiety which is helping tremendously. He's suggested I go see his doc and I just don't know....

OK, timer is going off in the kitchen. I'm going to go cry while fixing dinner.
    I am so sorry you're going through this. Don't be ashamed, you're confronting and dealing with the debt and moving on (or anticipating moving on, anyway). What an terrible amount of stress to be under, I really hope you can find a loophole.

ETA: Do you parents know the situation with your finances?
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 06-20-2010 at 12:21 AM.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Hugs, Krista.

I confess I'm awake because I'm having contractions that woke me up. Every 5 minutes for 40 minutes. I think I might've gotten dehydrated and drank a ton of water - hoping they stop soon because I am not looking forward to hauling the boys to the er tonight.

Hugs, Krista.

I confess I'm awake because I'm having contractions that woke me up. Every 5 minutes for 40 minutes. I think I might've gotten dehydrated and drank a ton of water - hoping they stop soon because I am not looking forward to hauling the boys to the er tonight.

And omg my new phone double posts and I can't edit... sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Hugs, Krista.

Really hope they stop soon...
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

They stopped, after about 48 ounces of water. Feeling relieved but idiotic right now

Glad to hear it. Better to feel idiotic than to be in the ER, any day.

I'm glad they stopped Stash.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post
    I am so sorry you're going through this. Don't be ashamed, you're confronting and dealing with the debt and moving on (or anticipating moving on, anyway). What an terrible amount of stress to be under, I really hope you can find a loophole.

ETA: Do you parents know the situation with your finances?
    Yes, they both know - but can't really help. Jonathan's parents actually quit claimed the house to him about 2 years ago just so that if one of them passed the other would not lose the house with it being in Jonathan's name. My mother COULD probably help, but frankly I'm not going to ask her. She's loaned us a ton of money over the years, given us 2 cars when we needed one (different times). What money she has is for retirement (67 this year) and wouldn't dream of taking that from her.

They know . . . but they don't know how stressed I am right now.

Thank you all for the hugs. It felt good to get it out there.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess that I'm getting stressed out over my college application.

I asked several of my former employers to write me recommendation letters and they all said yes, of course they would, but I'm still waiting to actually get the letter from any of them. I need to get it all in by the 30th at the latest!

I don't want to bug them about it, but I'm worried they've forgotten.

Bug them. Seriously, I'm never offended when someone reminds me to do a recommendation. Sometimes I just get busy and forget. It's not their priority, but it's yours, so it's okay to ask again.

And right now I'm in l&d being monitored because they started up again this morning. Only two since I got here and that's good... blech.

I had to bug the snot out of people to get letter of recommendation when I started my daycare. Not that they didn't want to, but they needed some prodding and no one seemed to mind the prodding.
    Stacy.

Oh Stacy. Poop...eta: not telling you to poop, just saying it in a 'oh crap' tone of voice

We've had a fantastic and busy weekend. Of course it flew by and I'm bummed it's over already. We went to see bands and fireworks Friday, we had multiple guests over for a bbq & bonfire Saturday and they all stayed the night. Sunday Rich made breakfast for everyone (yeah, on Father's day ) and I took the girls & Conner to a 'rail trail' where they could ride bikes and I roller skated.

I love summer. It is my all-time favorite season. It's "hot" and humid here and people are whining...but not me. I'm loving it.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 06-20-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Stacy??? How is everything going?

I confess that three of my best friends came over on Saturday and took me out to lunch. Two of them had to drive two hours to get here. We went to a local mexican place and they laughed and cried with me. And I couldn't believe when I suddenly realized that I didn't have a headache for the first time in over a week. I seriously wish we all lived on commune so I could see them every day. They are so good for my soul.

I promised dbf sex for father's day. It's been awhile. We never get the chance because I'm so beyond tired at the end of the day I can hardly formulate a sentence. Sometimes I feel like I'm doped up, seriously. We went to fleet farm today so I could get paper towels and rubber gloves for the daycare and we split up for me to get what I needed and him to get his. When he found me, I had nothing. I couldn't find anything I needed and I was walking in circles. So weird. To his credit, he said not a word and just found what I needed. But back to my original point. I promised him sex and he fell asleep putting Kai to bed. I know I should wake him up but I am so enjoying this peace and quiet...kids in bed an hour earlier than usual....

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Stacy, take it easy woman! You're scaring me.

Hi everyone, I'm back from NYC. We are all wiped out but we had fun.
    Stacy, take care!
    Bridget, I'm glad you got some quality time with friends!

(hugs) Krista

I like the new name, Gwenn

I hope that about covers it...

Bridget, I'd let him sleep and make it up to him later. Sounds like neither of you are up to it anyway.

Stacy, how is it going?

nvm. I'm having issues tonight, thought I was replying to another thread.
    Last edited by intactivstmom; 06-21-2010 at 01:00 AM.

"We cannot withhold facts for fear of offending because the importance of the information outweighs people's right to not be challenged in their beliefs." -Maddy Reid
    In memory of all APA babies gone too soon; always loved and never forgotten

Has Stacy posted anywhere??

I'm here! I'm fine. Sorry I didn't post sooner. Contractions stopped while I was at l&d and I think it was just the dehydration... even after I was rehydrated my uterus was irritable. Spent the rest of the day watching sid the science kid with Oscar. Going in to have my midwife check my cervix today.... I'm still not feeling great... achy and tender... weird. Thanks for thinking of me and sorry if I worried you!!

Phew, Stacy and bean are OK.

On the sex for Father's Day scenario, I'm keeping my finger's crossed that we did NOT make a baby for Father's Day.

Had some fun on the end of the chaise while L was napping. Apparently the natural type condoms don't stay on as well (or at least could not cope with that particular session/position). When I got up - there was no condom in sight. DH "fished" it out of me and it was in a tight little ball.

Did I mention not an hour before Jonathan was talking about a vasectomy?

I think . . . hope . . . we'll be OK for when this happened in my cycle, but I don't hold all that much faith in the rhythm method.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Fingers crossed Krista! Glad you're okay Stacy.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm back from NYC. We are all wiped out but we had fun.
    Glad you had fun!! That's the most important part.

I only made it 15 hours without smoking. I might need to get a prescription for Zyban to help me out.

DH just called to say he was promoted this morning! This is so great, because when he was in the Army before he was a much higher rank than he is now. He had to take a demotion to join the guard and people understand his situation, but at first people are always puzzled because his rank doesn't match all the things he's done. This promotion doesn't take him all the way back to where he was, but he is a Sgt again and that comes with a raise! I'm so happy for him.

Oh Gwenn that's so wonderful!! I'm so happy for you both!! Woo hoo!!

So relieved to hear that you and baby bean are okay, Stacy.
    Chrissy, I didn't know you smoked. I swear, if I wasn't pregnant I think I may have caved this past week. I have never wanted a cigarette and a drink more in my life than I did after standing with my dad and my brother's for hours at my mom's wake. This baby is forcing me to stay healthy that is for sure. Good luck to you!
    Gwenn, that is fabulous news!
    In a few minutes I'm off to my obligatory appointment at our local hospital by dbf's request. I'm already really sure I want to go with the midwives but he really wants me to check out both so I'm doing it for him.
    My dad just sent me an email that he went and worked out yesterday. I am so so proud of him.