Page 392 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2923423823903913923933944024424928921392 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,760 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that a FB friend of mine just posted a long rant about her "world famous" ex-boyfriend/father of her child, and now I'm really curious to know who it is. I don't dare to ask though!

I confess that last night DH & I had our bi-annual blow-out argument. Yuck.
    Sorry to hear that; I hope you can resolve some of your issues happily.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I confess that my weight is finally down to where it was in 2004. I have 5 more lbs to reach the goal I set for myself when I was 170+ (March 07! )...but I plan on continuing with my lower calorie intake and running 3 miles every other day and perhaps I'll even beat that original goal.

Today is a good day. I almost cried happy tears when I stood on my scale last night.
    Way to go! It's so great to see the numbers going down when you work really hard to lose weight...I am already thinking of my weight loss regime for after the baby comes....

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Way to go! It's so great to see the numbers going down when you work really hard to lose weight...I am already thinking of my weight loss regime for after the baby comes....
    Thanks!

My advice about a weight loss routine is very basic...watch the calories and get regular exercise. I started out just walking with Conner, pushing him in a stroller. Well, I actually did it when I was pregnant with him too, but I continued the practice after he was born. I even took him out during the winter, just made sure he was bundled really good. My mom & I used to laugh about all the miles we put on that stroller!!

It started with walking 2 miles a day...then by the following spring (he was born in September) my mom took over walking him and I'd run. Or I tried to run. I took a couple weeks till I could run 1 mile without stopping.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

She didn't sleep with Tiger Woods did she?

about the blow-out. I hope it's nothing serious.
    I hope so, too.

Chrissy, that's great about your weight loss. I'm slowly coming to the realization that I'm about 10lbs over where I need to be and it's starting to show. I'm not motivated to do anything about it yet, though, and that's the bad part. I know I should lose these 10lbs now before there are more to lose.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

It really does creep up on you fast. I wish I knew how to share motivation...not that I really have a whole lot of my own. I'm still just on my decreased lbs high. I tell ya, I never really feel like running, although some days are easier than others. I have to force myself to do it.

In winter I really struggle because I hate the treadmill something fierce. I can only force myself to do 1 mile. I'm hoping to have weights for the weight bench I got off freecycle for this coming winter.

We actually have weights here. DH recently lost about 45 lbs and was getting back in shape when he joined the NG so he was working out and put together a little home gym in back. I don't think he has any of the wimpy little weights, though, which is what I would want to start with. He's a lot stronger than I am.

When I first moved to England, I piled weight on and when I realized it, I was about 20 pounds up. I started going to the gym 4 times a week and ate 1200-1500 calories a day and I had lost all the weight in about 6 months. I know that I won't be able to do the gym 4 times a week with 2 kids, but I'll definitely take up evening jogging and cutting out the nice junk food...lol

I'm glad to see you posted that you ate between 1200-1500 calories a day. What's this nonsense with the 'recommended' 2000 calorie a day diet? I was maintaining my 'fat' 160 and only eating 1600 on average!! And I'm active!!

I did read that a woman of my height shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories when she's trying to lose weight. I was relieved then too because I've had people act concerned about my health when I mentioned eating 'only' 1400 in 1 day.

I just called my daughter's former school to see if they'd let her attend her senior year there. She went there from K-9th grade when we moved to where we live now. The initial responses I got were conflicting, but I finally talked to the residency administrator and he said it can be arranged, but tuition is $6,272.00.

I'm supposed to meet with the guidance counselor to see if Bobbie would be a good fit. It wasn't clear to me if the 6 grand is a set in stone cost, or if there are other options...When I didn't freak out at the cost he kind of chuckled and said how most parents start telling him that is what a parochial school would cost. Since I didn't freak out at the cost and instead asked if it had to be paid in 1 lump sum or if they would take monthly payments, he went on to tell me I'd have to meet with the guidance counselor.

Honestly, if I have to pay that much I may as well look for a cheap room or apartment to rent in Owego and use that address for her. The Deepwell Motel (a hole!) would only cost 4680 a year.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 06-18-2010 at 12:46 PM.

I confess that my weight is finally down to where it was in 2004. I have 5 more lbs to reach the goal I set for myself when I was 170+ (March 07! )...but I plan on continuing with my lower calorie intake and running 3 miles every other day and perhaps I'll even beat that original goal.

Today is a good day. I almost cried happy tears when I stood on my scale last night.
    Congratulations!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

All this talk of weightloss . . .

I'm super stress eating right now and should be up over 400 lbs before the bankruptcy is finalized. Yay.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

My weight went up during our bankruptcy too. I know how stressful that is.

Ahh weight loss.
    DH wants to go to a water park with Josh on Tuesday and I still don't have a bathing suit
    I confess tomorrow morning we are all driving out to NYC so I can go to a NKOTB show at Radio City Music Hall. It's the last show of the tour. It's gonna be nuts.
    Sunday we're going to the Bronx Zoo! I've never been but I've heard it's awesome.
    I confess I've been a major crab today and DH has been good about trying to stay out of my hair. LOL Right now he's up giving Josh a shower for me.
    Oh! We saw Toy Story 3 today. It was SO SAD. I have to confess I cried. It turns out happy, but man for a while there I was worried. It's a bit scary, too. Josh did well.. He asked a couple times to go home, but hung in there until the end.
    Also the cartoon at the beginning is great--if you don't plan on seeing the movie, check it out on youtube. It's called Night and Day.

I met my midwives today and really like both of them. They were just very easy to talk to and very supportive when I told them about my mom, and how she was my biggest support for my previous births, present for Savana's and taking care of Savana for Kai's. They even said that if I become overwhelmed with thoughts of her during labor that they'll help me through it. Today I had this memory of my mom sitting on the couch holding me while I cried the day after I had Kai because I didn't want her to leave and I didn't want to stay in Hawaii anymore.
    Dbf still wants to go to my appt at the local hospital here in town but I know in my heart what I want to do. I love how everything is my choice with them. They will strongly encourage and give their professional opinion but ultimately it's up to me. And when I told them that dbf is not totally sure they pretty much said in unison, "Bring him here. Have him meet us." They said it's important to them that he's totally on board.

When I talked to my dad today he said he stopped by the gym where him and my mom used to work out to see if his membership was still valid. My mom obviously couldn't work out this past year so my dad stopped too because they were basically attached at the hip. It gives me hope that he did that because I'm so worried about his health. He's gaining a lot of weight and eating like crap. I make him batches of bread and homemade soup and it sits in his fridge until I have to throw it out.
    I think starting to excersize is one of the best things he could do for himself and I'm really, really proud of him.

Did you tell your dad about the baby yet?

Yes! I told him. I told him before my mom passed when just him and I were sitting with her in hospice care one night. I started to cry, of course. He's a man of few words and he just said, "Everything is going to be fine, Bridget" and then a few seconds later he said, "It will be good. When the time comes that you have this baby it will be a really happy time."

Aww.

I love your dad. He seems like such a sweet man.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Yes! I told him. I told him before my mom passed when just him and I were sitting with her in hospice care one night. I started to cry, of course. He's a man of few words and he just said, "Everything is going to be fine, Bridget" and then a few seconds later he said, "It will be good. When the time comes that you have this baby it will be a really happy time."
    I think he is right. That made me tear up.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Aww...that's so sweet.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Your dad does sound wonderful. I'm glad he's thinking about exercising again. And yay for a good appointment with the midwives.

Sorry, been out of the loop a little.

Bridget, I'm so glad your appointment went well. You have plenty of time to get dbf on board, and he'll come around once he meets the midwives, and gets the numbers. And about your dad. What a sweet guy.
    Just Midge

Bridget, that's so sweet about what your dad said. He is a great guy. I'm glad your appointment went so well.

Kate, the Bronx Zoo is awesome! You'll love it, and so will Josh. Have a great time.

I confess I'm trying to order a new cell phone and it's just been all the way.

Who's your carrier? What kind of phone are you looking at?

Switched carriers from a pre-paid plan to a "real" phone on a real carrier. It's my treat to myself since DH is gone and I've been using a crappy phone for 2 years now! I just got it - a Palm Pixi Plus. Trying to figure it all out, and getting slightly overwhelmed!

I confess maybe I need to be medicated. Do they make a drug for chronic worry?

Last night was a rough night. For some reason Liam woke up twice and had a really hard time getting back to sleep - not even boob helped. Took 20 min both times to get him back to sleep. So when nap time came this afternoon I was looking forward to one myself.

Only I kept waiting to hear the dog bark because I know I'm going to be served more lawsuit papers. I've NEVER been to court and have a court date Tuesday. Received an "offer" from a debt collection place. A gracious generous offer of "pay 20% down and we'll work out a payment plan to get the rest paid off within one year" The total is something like $8400. Gee, assholes, don't you think if I had that kind of money laying around I'd be paying already?

And seriously depressed that my last conversation with the lawyer yesterday was her saying " I want to be able to make it so you don't want to just sit there and cry, but right now I don't know how to help you." And this is a bankruptcy lawyer. Dam our reliability and loving families.

Just want to again.

Krista, that's awful. I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Oh Krista, I'm sorry. There are things available to help with worry, natural, and pharmaceutical, so if you want help with that let me know.

I hope that some of your stress will lift soon.
    Just Midge

I'm sorry you guys are in such a tough spot.

Midge, how's it going? How far along were you when you gave birth last time?

I wonder how Maggie's doing...

Yes, Midge, share the knowledge please. Jonathan is on a med for anti-anxiety which is helping tremendously. He's suggested I go see his doc and I just don't know.

Unless the lawyer finds out some loophole, it's a 2 year plus long stress.

Both our parents, knowing we are the responsible children we are, included us on home deeds. If we file bankruptcy now, those homes can be seen as OUR assets and sold to pay off debt, leaving our parents homeless. So we can quit-claim deed them back to our parents to get our names off of them. Then you have to wait TWO YEARS before filing bankruptcy, or they can still seize/sell, figuring you were just transferring ownership as a way to hide your assets.

In the meantime, they can garnish our wages for those 2 years - 25% of my income and 10% of Jonathan's. I don't know how we'd survive with that much less money. I crunched the numbers and it's terrifying. Putting a lien on the house is another option (easy to strip in a bankruptcy), but the lawyer says they will continue to garnish so long as we have steady jobs because it's money now and a lien on the home takes years.

We could probably survive by really budgeting and mealplanning and NEVER doing anything fun and probably never traveling to see grandparents. And by dipping into savings for shortfalls. But in that 2 year time frame of having wages garnished, we would also need to be saving the retainer and bankruptcy fees for the lawyer to actually DO the bankruptcy.

See why I want to crawl in a hole and cry?

And I feel so ashamed of all this. I don't feel like I have anyone I can talk to other than DH and he just keeps saying it will be OK, it will be OK. But I'm the one that manages the finances. I'm the one that sees how we live practically paycheck to paycheck and how much impact being garnished would have on our lives. I just don't think he gets it.

OK, timer is going off in the kitchen. I'm going to go cry while fixing dinner.

Oh, Krista. That sounds unbelievably stressfull. I'm so sorry.