Page 391 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 291 341 381389390391392393 401 441 491 891 1391 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,730 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yeah...Borat was uncomfortable at best, I expect Bruno to be no less

Borat was awful. I didn't care for that movie at all.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Speaking of movies, Conner saw an advertisement for Walking with Dinosaurs and he wants to go so bad. Talk about major melt-down! He wanted to see it 'right now!'

The closest one they're going to have to us will be Madison Square Gardens...and that's a couple hundred miles away.

Josh and I saw a commercial for it too...I don't remember if it's coming close to Massachusetts, but he didn't seem that enthused. He's way more into dogs than dinosaurs.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

NOTHING comes to Alaska. The kids keep seeing ads for Disney on Ice and Nickelodeon Live and there are no shows in AK. Boooo!

Conner just loves dinosaurs. He gets at least 1 new one every week. Last night he told me T-Rex is his best friend.

That must really suck Cass

My mom's visitation and funeral were yesterday and today. I have never been so mentally and physically exhausted in my life. So.Many.People. I couldn't believe the amounts of people that came through the line and said that my mom changed their lives, or people that I went to school with that said she was like a second mother to them. My mom was a school bus driver for years and years and then became a head of the company. She hired a lot of down and out people and went to bat for them and listened to them when they needed an ear. I totally remember one time she hired this woman as an aide who she talked about all the time. Her name was Sharon and she lived in the poorest neighborhood in our area. She came in one day telling my mom about some loan she got at one of those horrible cash advance places you always see in low income areas. They'd given her like a 50% interest rate. My mom went in there and chewed those people up and down until the shredded the paperwork. I knew my mom was an amazing woman but hearing all of these strangers tell me how my mom made them believe they were worth something was pretty amazing. And they all knew who I was and who Savana and Kai were and said all she did was talk about her family.
    My dad is not doing well. He just sits in his chair and stares into space. It's excruciating to see him this way. I hate it. Hate it. It's like a light has gone out inside him.
    We saw her every weekend. She used to call me midweek and tell me that she missed Savana and Kai. I miss her. Everything hurts.

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what it's like for all of you. On a bright note, I think that is the best thing a person can leave behind--to have people say she changed their life, or was like a second mother to them. That's wonderful.

Bridget, she sounds like a wonderful person. I hope your father can find peace. And you too of course

It's cliche to say, but the world could use a few more people like your mom.

Oh Bridget You mom sounds like an amazing woman....she sounds a lot like you. I'm so sorry for you loss.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I definitely want this one hidden as I talk about personal stuff here.
    I confess I have been thinking about this alot lately, especially with everything goin on with B... but I cant decide what to change it to....

Bridget, again... I am so sorry for everything you are going through right now. I cant imagine the heartbreak your dad is feeling right now.

Bridget, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you are hurting for your own loss and also for your dad and Savannah and Kai as well. There's nothing to say that will make you feel better, but I know you have a lot of friends here who will always listen and support you. It is hard to go back to regular life, so I hope that you will come on here to cry when you need to or to tell us a story about her or whatever.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Bridget, I wish I knew what to say. Anything you need, I'm here. Seriously.

Oh . . . . . I wondered if anything big happened in those last thousand posts or so I didn't read. There needs to be a "Click here for Heathen Cliff Notes" button.

Bridget, I'm so sorry about your mom. My heart goes to you and would love to wrap my arms around you in a big hug. Around your dad, too. I've only lost one person that was really close (a cousin who was like a brother, I was 17 and he was 16 when he died in a car accident). I still cry occasionally when I think of that loss. I'm sure many are telling you it will get better with time. It will, but I'll be the first to admit when it's someone really close it takes a long time.

Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Oh, Bridget.
    She sounds like she was such a wonderful person.

~~~~My Beautiful Chaos~~~~

Oh Bridget. What a painful void for you, and even more so your dad. I loathe the day when I can't just pick up the phone and call my mom.

Grieving is so hard. The only thing you want (to have your mom back) is impossible and the next best thing (to heal) takes an impossible amount of time.

Wishing you peace.

Oh Bridget. What a painful void for you, and even more so your dad. I loathe the day when I can't just pick up the phone and call my mom.

Grieving is so hard. The only thing you want (to have your mom back) is impossible and the next best thing (to heal) takes an impossible amount of time.

Wishing you peace.

Bridget.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, your mother was an amazing woman, and it's easy to see that she is one of the main reasons you are such a caring friend, a good teacher, and a loving mother. You had a great example.

New username.

You did it!!

Yeah, I asked yesterday I think but it took some time for it to actually get changed.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Have you tried googling your old username? Do any of your posts show up? Back when the site was still public, I googled my kids' names and several APA posts showed up and I freaked a little (because I know family members google them to find my blog) and started using "DD" and "DS" a lot. However, since it became private I don't see this pop up when I google. I thought I didn't have to worry much about it any more, but do you know something I don't?

I did google and found some old thread, but not very many and nothing new. I'm actually more easily searchable on some other forums, but I'm trying to keep this site private because I vent on here.

25. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenn View Post

New username.
    lol.. same here

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    lol.. same here
    Very clever.

I confess that a FB friend of mine just posted a long rant about her "world famous" ex-boyfriend/father of her child, and now I'm really curious to know who it is. I don't dare to ask though!

I confess that last night DH & I had our bi-annual blow-out argument. Yuck.

Sorry Sarah We have those too...
    I hope everything's okay over there.

Quote Originally Posted by The10Eels View Post
    lol.. same here

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that a FB friend of mine just posted a long rant about her "world famous" ex-boyfriend/father of her child, and now I'm really curious to know who it is. I don't dare to ask though!

I confess that last night DH & I had our bi-annual blow-out argument. Yuck.
    She didn't sleep with Tiger Woods did she?

about the blow-out. I hope it's nothing serious.

I confess that my weight is finally down to where it was in 2004. I have 5 more lbs to reach the goal I set for myself when I was 170+ (March 07! )...but I plan on continuing with my lower calorie intake and running 3 miles every other day and perhaps I'll even beat that original goal.

Today is a good day. I almost cried happy tears when I stood on my scale last night.