Page 386 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2863363763843853863873883964364868861386 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,580 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I spent about half the movie hiding my face behind DH's hand.

Lauren, glad to see you.

I confess I have some paperwork left over from the school year and it's due this afternoon. I went over to my mother's house yesterday because she is teaching piano to my friend's two girls and Mom asked me to help because my friend brought all her kids over including the 2 year old. He ended up running all over the house and broke my mom's terra cotta bird. Now I feel guilty somehow for arranging this although my mom really doesn't seem upset about the bird.

I stayed to talk and when I got home knowing I had to do my paperwork I found my internet was down. I called the company and was on the phone with them troubleshooting for 2 hours and in the end the guy told me he had tried absolutely everything and couldn't think of a single reason why it wasn't working. He scheduled a tech to come today but I wasn't even sure I'd be able to stay home and wait for him because I needed to go somewhere with internet to get my work done.

Woke up this morning and the internet is up and running perfectly. And now I have all that work to do and I'm sleep deprived and cranky.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

ugh. Get to your paperwork, then relax when it's done.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I wish I was the type of person who enjoyed house cleaning if that type of person actually does exist...it's like it takes everything I have to motivate myself to clean up around the house....lol.

You and me both. I think that type does exist...they're known as Type A personalities.

I don't think DH quite enjoys it, but he feels compelled to do it. If he comes home and there's something bothering him, like there are dishes in the sink or the dishwasher isn't empty, he has to do it. He can't just let it be.
    I told him I was going out this morning to get kitty litter so I could change it before the sitter came, and when I came back he'd already emptied the boxes and cleaned them, even though I said I'd do it. (I'd like to think he's just helping me out, but I know it's just because if there's something that needs doing, he has to do it or it drives him nuts)

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I don't think DH quite enjoys it, but he feels compelled to do it. If he comes home and there's something bothering him, like there are dishes in the sink or the dishwasher isn't empty, he has to do it. He can't just let it be.
    I told him I was going out this morning to get kitty litter so I could change it before the sitter came, and when I came back he'd already emptied the boxes and cleaned them, even though I said I'd do it. (I'd like to think he's just helping me out, but I know it's just because if there's something that needs doing, he has to do it or it drives him nuts)

Yeah this is Danny too. Can't just relax unless everything is taken care of. I work really hard at trying to take care of it all before he gets home, so he CAN just relax, but inevitably there is always something. I've had to not let it get to me, so I don't feel like a failure of a SAHM...it's his craziness that drives him to need to clean up upon arrival home, not my laziness in cleaning.

Chrissy - you can get back on the wagon....do it. I quit almost 3 years ago, do it now when it's easier than in another week, or two...

I want to see Shutter Island pretty badly. I love suspense thriller type stuff. Is that still in the theatre, or can I get it on demand now??

I'm an emotional wreck being this pregnant. We just got another repair bill for Danny's frigging car, that we just bought a year ago. So we're making pretty good sized payments (for us, and considering we have two car payments) and have sunk $1200 into it in a year in repairs. It made me mad, and I took it out on Danny, and I shouldn't have. We were both totally mean to eachother - In front of Annie, which is like such a huge no no...and then I cried...which also upsets Annie. I just want to have this baby so that I'm not so stinkin hormonal anymore. I know that my poor husband just wants his normal wife back.
    Just Midge

It's on On Demand now.

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    ...I don't feel like a failure of a SAHM...it's his craziness that drives him to need to clean up upon arrival home, not my laziness in cleaning.
    Agreed. I need to steal that for someone else who's dealing with an anal dh.

about the pregnancy hormones. I wish I knew of some wonderful suggestion, but really...there's nothing. Except giving birth, which will happen in its own good time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    it's his craziness that drives him to need to clean up upon arrival home, not my laziness in cleaning.

I want that hung on my wall...and the part about it making you feel like a failure as SAHM...wow. Thanks!

btw, I have been stalking you ladies a bit lately.

~~~~My Beautiful Chaos~~~~

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I am the same way. When I was in school, I used to not be able to do my homework if there were dishes in the sink.

Quote Originally Posted by sandersmommy View Post
    I want that hung on my wall...and the part about it making you feel like a failure as SAHM...wow. Thanks!

btw, I have been stalking you ladies a bit lately.
    Hi Kim!!

I confess I just finished all that paperwork. I feel like I worked all day today (well, I guess I did, or most of it).

Good for you. It feels good to finish something. I just put away a giant bag of laundry I'd been putting off. Josh was really helpful (usually he just pouts and refuses to help) and it was kind of fun. Almost makes me want to tackle the dishes.

Almost I actually did some cleaning last night when the internet was down. Amazing how lack of computer access will inspire me to accomplish things. Actually kind of pathetic.

Oh yeah, I'm the same way.

Chrissy, I've been wanting to smoke lately too. Really bad.

Yay for getting your paperwork done Mandy! I hope you were able to relax too.

Why have you been wanting to smoke Steph? Is something going on?

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Yay for getting your paperwork done Mandy! I hope you were able to relax too.
    Just took a nap! Which I never do. Now for some dinner.

No advice about the smoking, but .

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I have been wanting to smoke lately too, but it's been years and there is no way I'd start up again. I don't want to, and I wouldn't have time for a cigarette break anyway. I think it's just the 3 under 3 business, and probably cutting out sweets, but whoa!

Sorry about all the cigarette hankerings!

I too have had my first thoughts of cigarettes in a very, very, very long time. I don't think I could ever light up again. I mean, obviously not now especially but I'd be so mad at myself.
    I confess Savana saw a picture of an oil soaked pelican on my yahoo page and asked me what it was. I told her and she's been obsessing about it since. She came into my room a few mornings ago on the verge of tears and said, "Mommy, I can't stop thinking about that pelican"
    Then on the way home from visiting my mom tonight she asked me to name all the ways that someone could get cancer. I told her that I didn't really feel like talking about cancer but I promised that we could talk about it another time. She begrudgingly let it go.

I worry that these things are too heavy for her to have on her little mind. But she is so inquisitive. I do my best to explain things in a way that aren't scary but some things are just plain scary and bad no matter how you word it.
    Dbf is the type of person who doesn't ever want to think about bad things. So if I want to talk to him about the oil spill or something equally disturbing he says it's too upsetting and he doesn't like to think about it. Savana asked me why daddy never thinks about the oil spill. She's like me in that she can't fathom not thinking about it. We're worriers, her and I.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I too have had my first thoughts of cigarettes in a very, very, very long time. I don't think I could ever light up again. I mean, obviously not now especially but I'd be so mad at myself.
    I confess Savana saw a picture of an oil soaked pelican on my yahoo page and asked me what it was. I told her and she's been obsessing about it since. She came into my room a few mornings ago on the verge of tears and said, "Mommy, I can't stop thinking about that pelican"
    Then on the way home from visiting my mom tonight she asked me to name all the ways that someone could get cancer. I told her that I didn't really feel like talking about cancer but I promised that we could talk about it another time. She begrudgingly let it go.

I worry that these things are too heavy for her to have on her little mind. But she is so inquisitive. I do my best to explain things in a way that aren't scary but some things are just plain scary and bad no matter how you word it.
    Dbf is the type of person who doesn't ever want to think about bad things. So if I want to talk to him about the oil spill or something equally disturbing he says it's too upsetting and he doesn't like to think about it. Savana asked me why daddy never thinks about the oil spill. She's like me in that she can't fathom not thinking about it. We're worriers, her and I.
    This a neat blog from the International Bird Rescue Research Center:
    http://intbirdrescue.blogspot.com/

They treat "oiled" birds and have pretty good rehabilitation rates. I thought Savana might like to see some pictures of how people help the birds and other wildlife that have been affected by the oil spill.

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Oh that's a good thing to show her, about the rehab.

Bridget - the pictures of the birds in the water and oil, are haunting me as well. Whenever I watch anything news like, and see those shots...I feel like turning my head away.
    Just Midge

I saw a thumbnail of that picture of a bird all coated in oil and I didn't click on it. Later on I saw it bigger and it was disgusting. I've been avoiding the stories about the spill...I'm afraid to hear how bad it really is.

I watch Maddow religiously, and I watch Olberman a lot too...and so I'm seeing a lot of coverage on the spill. It's beyond sad, and frustrating.

BP spent $50 million on a new campaign just within the last few weeks too...it's a campaign to basically get people to stop saying "BP Oil Spill Disaster" and to call it the "Gulf Disaster" instead. $50 million to get us to stop associating BP with the spill. Bunch of effing arseholes. How bout $50 million, as starters, to the familes who lost their sons, brothers, husbands and fathers, or to all the fishermen who have lost their livelihood or or or..

Also - interestingly, there was someone being interviewed last night on one of the shows, who was a part of the Exxon Valdez cleanup..and his big thing was that BP has completely overlooked utilizing local help in working on cleaning the oil, or figuring out anything to do. BP needs to NOT be in charge anymore.

Okay, sorry. I'm just thinking about this way too much...it's weighing heavy on my mind.
    Just Midge

The oil covered pelicans are getting to me too. I think that's a good idea to show her the rehabilitation efforts that are going on.

I'm like your dh, Bridget. I can't bear to think about it, it is just to awful. I refuse to look at the undersea feed of the spill, and I will NOT look at the pictures of the birds and wildlife affected. It is just too awful and I don't want those images in my head because there isn't a darned thing I can do to stop the spill and I there's just so much upset I can take (hello Haiti, flooding, mudslides in Guatemala, the guy asking for change on the corner, the sad things happening on APA, and the list goes on forever).

I know it is happening, but if I dwell on it I get too upset to so purpose at all. Am I being selfish? Perhaps. I just don't want those images in my head.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

It's not selfish not to want those images embedded in your brain. It IS selfish not to think hard about your lifestyle and change your actions appropriately to reflect the reality of the situation. Where you CAN. Don't think I'm on a high horse here, I'm just saying - consider the impact you have on reliance on oil, and DO WHAT YOU CAN. There is absolutely no need for you to be polluted by someone else's F up (i.e. the images and stories), but sticking your head in the sand about the larger problem isn't cool. The bottom line is OF COURSE this disaster itself is terrible, but the really terrible bit is our reliance on nonrenewable, environmentally screwed up sources of energy. We should all be pushing as hard as we can for renewables. THAT is the only thing that's going to prevent future oil spills, not better enforcing of rules associated with drilling and rigs.

We've donated what we can for cleanup, we're no longer buying BP products, and honestly, we're not terrible contributors to using petroleum products. If I could have bought an all-electric car this time around, I would have. I'm not sure what else I can do, but I know sending my hair for the cleanup efforts isn't going to solve anything :p

Give you another example - Haiti. I'm not going to look at images of moms who've lost their babies in mourning. I am, however, going to get samples of some of the building material/cement that failed in those buildings and get them to the chemical companies I work with to see if they can find a way to create aggregate materials to help in rebuilding. And donate to doctors without borders. Still not watching the news, though.