Page 385 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2853353753833843853863873954354858851385 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,550 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess Soren is sleeping and I have spent the past two hours trying to engage my children. I got the guitar out and played some kids' songs, but they weren't interested. I asked them if they wanted to draw with me. No dice. Instead, they're racing off with each other pretending they're going shopping and buying applesauce and bread, so I'm finally giving up and indulging in APA.

Haha, it must be fun when they entertain each other.

They must be so cute together

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

They are incredibly cute together when they're not beating on each other.

I really need to figure out the video function of my new camera.

Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Hiya! What's up?

I just got done laughing at Conner. He took the phone from Jessica (she's talking to a boy) and said, "What are you doing Daddy? Are you working on your truck Daddy?" Then he laughed like the devil. The poor kid about freaked out-why is he calling me Daddy?

Every once in a while the mood strikes him to call Jessica Mommy...generally when we're in public and there are cute guys around. This cracks me up to no end!! Conner knows what he's doing too & loves it. He has his mother's pick-@ss sense of humor.

Too funny Chrissy! Hi Lauren!

Haven't read all the posts; it's been forever since I logged on.

Sorry I left without saying anything. I just kind of felt that I didn't need to be on this forum all that much since the chance of me getting pregnant were pretty slim to none, so I just kind of slipped away for a bit. I'll still come around, because I love you ladies, but I don't think I'll be as obsessed as I was.

I'm doing okay, I guess. I start school in two months or so, so I can't wait to get that started. Emotionally lately, I've just been kind of crazy.

We got a kitten, and she is darling. Her name is Mischa, and she's 3 months old. The only problem is since I'm home all day with her.. she'll eat.. go nuts, and then sleep a lot, then eat and go nuts some more, and then sleep.. the problem is when she's nuts. I try and redirect her to her toys or scratching post, but most of the time she just runs to me and wants to play and ends up scratching me, and that's not exactly pleasant. She plays with wires, gets into things she shouldn't, etc.

Sascha was a young kitten when we got her (back with my ex) but she wasn't nearly as bad as this one is, and I'm running out of ways to train her. She doesn't respond to the bitter spray, she doesn't respond to loud clapping, and I certainly won't hit her.. in fact, I just put her in the bedroom and burst into tears because she's meowing for me, but I needed a second to myself, you know?

I'm way more emotional lately. I'm snapping at Clinton more for no reason, and my mood changes rather quickly lately. Not too sure what else to do.

I'm sorry for rambling and getting all 'woe is me' on you guys. I'm going to try and find the pages where I left off to read up on what's been going on.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

My Callie cat was a Spaz when we got her too. I don't think you can really train a cat-especially one with a spunky personality. She will outgrow it though...to some extent. Callie is now 14 human years old and last weekend she kicked the neighbor cat's arse in his own back yard...just 'cause she could. She saw him, lit after him, and knocked him silly.

And of course you belong here! This is your home. At least, I say so because if you're thinking only pregnant women should be here, then that would exclude me too. I have no intention of ever having another baby again. But I like the Secular forum too much. I've message-board-shopped and can't find another place that feels as good as here (secular).

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    My Callie cat was a Spaz when we got her too. I don't think you can really train a cat-especially one with a spunky personality. She will outgrow it though...to some extent. Callie is now 14 human years old and last weekend she kicked the neighbor cat's arse in his own back yard...just 'cause she could. She saw him, lit after him, and knocked him silly.

And of course you belong here! This is your home. At least, I say so because if you're thinking only pregnant women should be here, then that would exclude me too. I have no intention of ever having another baby again. But I like the Secular forum too much. I've message-board-shopped and can't find another place that feels as good as here (secular).
    You have children, though. You is a parent

Although, with my mood lately, and the copious amounts of CM I've been having the past two weeks (with the late period) maybe I am pregnant, lol.

As far as the cat, I really hope she does grow out of it, and soon. I know she's small, and I know she's playful, but when I'm getting clawed at for a few hours because she thinks that it's fun, it starts to make me a little

Do you have a scratching post with one of those spring-loaded balls for her to attack?

And I don't care, I think you would belong here more than me...at least you're TTC. I'm not.

Do you have a scratching post with one of those spring-loaded balls for her to attack?
    Oh, yeah. She does love her toys. But most of the time she'll run to me lol.

And I don't care, I think you would belong here more than me...at least you're TTC. I'm not.
    Actually, we're not TTC or NPP or anything. I ended up at this website because I had a pregnancy scare with my ex and ended up actually staying here for a while, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Haven't read all the posts; it's been forever since I logged on.

Sorry I left without saying anything. I just kind of felt that I didn't need to be on this forum all that much since the chance of me getting pregnant were pretty slim to none, so I just kind of slipped away for a bit. I'll still come around, because I love you ladies, but I don't think I'll be as obsessed as I was.

I'm doing okay, I guess. I start school in two months or so, so I can't wait to get that started. Emotionally lately, I've just been kind of crazy.

We got a kitten, and she is darling. Her name is Mischa, and she's 3 months old. The only problem is since I'm home all day with her.. she'll eat.. go nuts, and then sleep a lot, then eat and go nuts some more, and then sleep.. the problem is when she's nuts. I try and redirect her to her toys or scratching post, but most of the time she just runs to me and wants to play and ends up scratching me, and that's not exactly pleasant. She plays with wires, gets into things she shouldn't, etc.

Sascha was a young kitten when we got her (back with my ex) but she wasn't nearly as bad as this one is, and I'm running out of ways to train her. She doesn't respond to the bitter spray, she doesn't respond to loud clapping, and I certainly won't hit her.. in fact, I just put her in the bedroom and burst into tears because she's meowing for me, but I needed a second to myself, you know?

I'm way more emotional lately. I'm snapping at Clinton more for no reason, and my mood changes rather quickly lately. Not too sure what else to do.

I'm sorry for rambling and getting all 'woe is me' on you guys. I'm going to try and find the pages where I left off to read up on what's been going on.
    Awww, I'm glad you're back Lauren.

Of course you belong here. I know how much STC sucks though, and I totally understand needing a break from thinking about it so much.

Congrats on school and your new kitty!

My friends had a kitten who was totally hyper and crazy, and they said she calmed down a lot after she'd been neutered.

Actually, we're not TTC or NPP or anything. I ended up at this website because I had a pregnancy scare with my ex and ended up actually staying here for a while, haha.
    But you will be some day

I think I need anti-anxiety medication. I've been getting worked up over stuff and puffing on a cigarette to calm down. This needs to stop.

Oh duh, I totally missed this. It doesn't matter - we want you here anyway!

I confess that I'm getting stressed out about this trip to Germany. I'm flying out tonight. I've been trying to psych myself up to be excited about it, but the truth is I'm mostly just worried about leaving Mia.

Plane travel always stresses me out too - not because I'm afraid of flying, I just always worry I'm going to miss my flight or forget something important.

*deep breath*

I know I'll start enjoying myself once I'm there.

Welcome back, Lauren!

Chrissy, how are things with dh? Do you think the anxiety stems from the situation or is contributing to it? I can't remember, have you tried counseling?

Sarah, good luck with your trip and have a great time!

But you will be some day

I think I need anti-anxiety medication. I've been getting worked up over stuff and puffing on a cigarette to calm down. This needs to stop.
    I know how that is. I always try to take deep breaths and redirect myself to something else. Are you trying to quit smoking as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Oh duh, I totally missed this. It doesn't matter - we want you here anyway!

I confess that I'm getting stressed out about this trip to Germany. I'm flying out tonight. I've been trying to psych myself up to be excited about it, but the truth is I'm mostly just worried about leaving Mia.

Plane travel always stresses me out too - not because I'm afraid of flying, I just always worry I'm going to miss my flight or forget something important.

*deep breath*

I know I'll start enjoying myself once I'm there.
    Have fun in Germany!!! How long are you going for?

I get nervous about that stuff too - always afraid I'm gonna forget something. I do it all the time. Before we leave the house, I do what Clinton calls 'mumble time' where I'm like "Okay, got my phone, got me, my keys.." all in a really quiet voice.

I confess Mischa is asleep while resting on my leg, and I am totally right now. Let me attach a picture so you guys can see!

Mischa3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Chrissy, how are things with dh? Do you think the anxiety stems from the situation or is contributing to it? I can't remember, have you tried counseling?
    I'm sure it has a lot to do with Rich, and the uncertainty about my job too. Cornell hired that Bain group to do an assessment, and one of their recommendations is a more streamlined computer support network across the university. It makes sense, but a part of that recommendation and streamlining means that as things come together, they will reduce IT positions like mine from 2011-2015. I don't know if I can handle waiting until 2015 to see if my position is secure or not. I want to know now! I'd like to buy a house next year, but not if I'm going to be out of a job in a couple years. I'd also like to buy the girls a car this summer, but with the uncertainty at work, that isn't happening.

Rich doesn't do well when I'm stressed. It's a huge problem that's gone back all the way to the beginning. I have to handle everything, make every decision, and plan for every eventuality. If I start getting stressed, he gets grumpy...which stresses me out more. It's a horrible cycle.

We haven't gone to counseling, and I don't know that I'm interested.

I know how that is. I always try to take deep breaths and redirect myself to something else. Are you trying to quit smoking as well?
    The sad part is I quit smoking 5.5 years ago. I just started up again a couple months ago. I didn't smoke yesterday, but then bought a pack at 10:30 last night. So since I have them today, guess what I'm doing? I'm smoking them.
    Last edited by missychrissy; 06-10-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Oh-and Sarah, I'm sure you'll have a marvelous time! Take lots of pics!!!

Have fun in Germany!!! How long are you going for?

I get nervous about that stuff too - always afraid I'm gonna forget something. I do it all the time. Before we leave the house, I do what Clinton calls 'mumble time' where I'm like "Okay, got my phone, got me, my keys.." all in a really quiet voice.

I confess Mischa is asleep while resting on my leg, and I am totally right now. Let me attach a picture so you guys can see!

Mischa3.jpg
    I'm going for 3 days (4 nights including flights), for my friend's wedding.

LOL about the 'mumble time'. I do that too: "Keys. Wallet. Phone. Ok I'm ready!"

OMG Mischa is too cute!!!

I'm sure it has a lot to do with Rich, and the uncertainty about my job too. Cornell hired that Bain group to do an assessment, and one of their recommendations is a more streamlined computer support network across the university. It makes sense, but a part of that recommendation and streamlining means that as things come together, they will reduce IT positions like mine from 2011-2015. I don't know if I can handle waiting until 2015 to see if my position is secure or not. I want to know now! I'd like to buy a house next year, but not if I'm going to be out of a job in a couple years. I'd also like to buy the girls a car this summer, but with the uncertainty at work, that isn't happening.

Rich doesn't do well when I'm stressed. It's a huge problem that's gone back all the way to the beginning. I have to handle everything, make every decision, and plan for every eventuality. If I start getting stressed, he gets grumpy...which stresses me out more. It's a horrible cycle.

We haven't gone to counseling, and I don't know that I'm interested.

The sad part is I quit smoking 5.5 years ago. I just started up again a couple months ago. I didn't smoke yesterday, but then bought a pack at 10:30 last night. So since I have them today, guess what I'm doing? I'm smoking them.
    That's really crappy about the job thing. I would want to know now as well. I also do the planning for everything and anything as well. BIG hugs.

Your job can't give you ANY information on what is going to determine the cuts?

I'm going for 3 days (4 nights including flights), for my friend's wedding.

LOL about the 'mumble time'. I do that too: "Keys. Wallet. Phone. Ok I'm ready!"
    Oh, how fun! Take lots of pictures!

OMG Mischa is too cute!!!
    Thank you She's definitely a handful when she's hyper, but we got her some more toys that I can throw and she can run and get, so that helps a lot.

Your job can't give you ANY information on what is going to determine the cuts?
    No. For one thing, the final Bain recommendation isn't completed yet. For another, they don't have any clue how they're going to centralize us. We joke that we'll all be in one building and have 4 or 5 guys will golf carts to scoot around campus for physical, hands-on work. But no one knows for sure. The infrastructure needs to be upgraded...some of the old buildings are running their networks on Cat 3 ethernet. They won't handle remoting, so those buildings need to be upgraded first.

People will leave between then and now. The more people move on, I guess the more likely there will be a place for me, but the Bain recommendation is they should seek people with specific skills...i.e. someone(s) proficient in Adobe Pro would support the entire campus. The way it's set up now, people like me are expected to support ALL software on any electronic gizmo that's available on the market. PC's, Macs, Linux boxes, various bundles of software and their smart phones too.

No one can be expert in everything all at the same time. I do ok with a general knowledge of a lot of things...but I don't' know if I have 1 special skill area that would enable me to compete for a position later.

Ugh, sorry to ramble. I guess it's weighing on my mind more than I thought. I've actually started looking at Admin Assistant openings. That, I know I'm good at.

It appears I'm doomed to never see a counselor again I kept missing the appt's with the one counselor who prescribes me medicine, so I'm not on anything and I'm totally losing my patience and not enjoying life much at all unless I can be in a little bubble which of course doesn't work when you have a family. Then I screwed up my appt. with the doctor DH and I usually go to just to talk, but she can't see us on days DH is off work anymore, so now it's just me. I missed the appt. today and I really wanted to see her. I am so disappointed in myself. Why is it that the one thing I could really use help with, I keep messing up getting to the help?
    On the other hand I'm enjoying working on my blog. I can look and see what people are viewing, and how they find my blog. I'm getting hits from random places--in fact one person searched on a site called blogpulse--they searched for "unitarian" and my blog came up I thought you guys might appreciate that.

But yeah I feel kind of bummed today. Plus--last night I watched Shutter Island last night and it freaked me the heck out. (I posted about it in Random)

No. For one thing, the final Bain recommendation isn't completed yet. For another, they don't have any clue how they're going to centralize us. We joke that we'll all be in one building and have 4 or 5 guys will golf carts to scoot around campus for physical, hands-on work. But no one knows for sure. The infrastructure needs to be upgraded...some of the old buildings are running their networks on Cat 3 ethernet. They won't handle remoting, so those buildings need to be upgraded first.

People will leave between then and now. The more people move on, I guess the more likely there will be a place for me, but the Bain recommendation is they should seek people with specific skills...i.e. someone(s) proficient in Adobe Pro would support the entire campus. The way it's set up now, people like me are expected to support ALL software on any electronic gizmo that's available on the market. PC's, Macs, Linux boxes, various bundles of software and their smart phones too.

No one can be expert in everything all at the same time. I do ok with a general knowledge of a lot of things...but I don't' know if I have 1 special skill area that would enable me to compete for a position later.

Ugh, sorry to ramble. I guess it's weighing on my mind more than I thought. I've actually started looking at Admin Assistant openings. That, I know I'm good at.
    You are more than welcome to vent when you need to! I can understand it worrying you. I hope you can find something in the Admin Assit! That would be really good, and a change of pace sometimes is always nice

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It appears I'm doomed to never see a counselor again I kept missing the appt's with the one counselor who prescribes me medicine, so I'm not on anything and I'm totally losing my patience and not enjoying life much at all unless I can be in a little bubble which of course doesn't work when you have a family. Then I screwed up my appt. with the doctor DH and I usually go to just to talk, but she can't see us on days DH is off work anymore, so now it's just me. I missed the appt. today and I really wanted to see her. I am so disappointed in myself. Why is it that the one thing I could really use help with, I keep messing up getting to the help?
    Did you call her as soon as you realized you missed your appointment? Maybe she can squeeze you in soon. It's actually really common for people to forget their counseling appointments. I'm not sure why...I'm sure there's some psychological thing at work there.

I don't know what Shutter Island is. I'll have to look in Random.

Good movie with an incredible twist. I didn't watch it, because mental hospital movies scare me, but I went on Wikipedia and read the synopsis

Did you call her as soon as you realized you missed your appointment? Maybe she can squeeze you in soon. It's actually really common for people to forget their counseling appointments. I'm not sure why...I'm sure there's some psychological thing at work there.

Yes, she's going to see me a week from today, which is good. Shutter Island is really creepy and pretty graphic at the end. You've probably already found the post in Random but I want to warn anyone who doesn't go look at it, that it's pretty graphic about murder, including drowning children and young people at concentration camps. Blah.

Good movie with an incredible twist. I didn't watch it, because mental hospital movies scare me, but I went on Wikipedia and read the synopsis
    The twist blew me away. I watched most of the movie like and at the end I was like

I don't think I could watch that.