Page 383 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2833333733813823833843853934334838831383 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,490 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

OMG you touched his noodly appendage!

Love the pics, Ash. Our Gay Pride is in August. It's a huge family event. Everyone brings their kids.

That's too cool. I don't know if there's a gay pride thing near me except in Provincetown of course, and that's a bit far. There must be one in Providence, though. I just wouldn't be able to get DH to go with me.

That parade looks awesome! Glad you had a great time.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I confess I'm so happy to be at work today because I have internet! I have been DYING not having internet or cable since Thursday!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I can't think of any days when there aren't Pride parades around here!

I don't know what I'd do with myself without internet or cable. I'm the type that would go camping with a cellular broadband card though Not this year, however. This coming weekend I'm really going to be roughing it...with just my blackberry.

I rough it with my BB all the time. Thus why the keys stick. I can't do that with my new Droid, however. Too fragile!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    haha.. you are around San Francisco aren't you? I could imagine!

This was in Salt Lake City, UT... Mormon-central....

It was funny to see the gay mormon "elders" and missionaries in the park for the festival on Saturday night though!!!

Same here!! Atlanta has now surpassed San Fran as the gayest city in America according to some poll they mentioned on the radio. I don't know how they come up with a poll like that but there is a large gay community here and they have a lot of parades, which are always colorful and interesting.

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    Same here!! Atlanta has now surpassed San Fran as the gayest city in America according to some poll they mentioned on the radio. I don't know how they come up with a poll like that but there is a large gay community here and they have a lot of parades, which are always colorful and interesting.

Erin

Really?? That's too funny, I had no idea that Atlanta was that family friendly. Good to know.
    Just Midge

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

This is the funny and offensive thing I want to share today--worst shortened url ever!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ca...dwithcum_80467

ETA: I think I've actually made that--I mean the real recipe.

This is the funny and offensive thing I want to share today--worst shortened url ever!

Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

LOL, Lydia....that Heston is such a food snob!

LOL, that is hilarious!!!

Erin

I confess I have to rant about an article I read in my local paper yesterday. A young mother (27) of 4 children ages 11 and younger has cervical cancer and there is a benefit for her because she cannot get health insurance to cover her treatment. There are numerous comments posted to the article from any redneck yahoo who has nothing better to do than sit in judgement of everyone else around them Two comments really got me fuming.

One says, "Does anyone else note that she could have been no older than 16 to have had "four children under 11"? I have sympathy for the illness, but have to question society's resposnibilities towards the lack of health care."

And another comments, "It is a known fact cervical cancer usually hits women who started having sex at an early age. I wonder if she ever had any pap smears ?"

There are pages of comments, but I am too sick to read through them all. I just cannot believe the utter ignorance and lack of empathy people have. It's disgusting and appalling and I seriously think I can honestly say I hate those people...even though I never met them.

OMG. People never cease to amaze me with their ignorance and self importance. Guess what people? Sometimes your opinion doesn't effing matter.

Ewww. Leave it to Ithacans to simmer in their pretentiousness. Ugh.

I wonder if they know that they themselves also probably have HPV?

I wonder if they realize that the majority of people in this country that don't have access to health care are actually some of the hardest working people and get stuck in this system where you can't get free health care when you make too much, but still can't afford it at $12,000 a year, when all you make is $36,000.

I am so frustrated with that.
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    Ewww. Leave it to Ithacans to simmer in their pretentiousness. Ugh.

I wonder if they know that they themselves also probably have HPV?

I wonder if they realize that the majority of people in this country that don't have access to health care are actually some of the hardest working people and get stuck in this system where you can't get free health care when you make too much, but still can't afford it at $12,000 a year, when all you make is $36,000.

I am so frustrated with that.

That's where we are now.

Us too. Actually I had a breakdown and started crying yesterday because I can't buy new baby insurance until he/she is born...but the enrollment is limited to the 1st of every month...so if this baby is born past the 20th, it's very likely that he/she will be uninsured until the 1st of August. So, no doctors visits until he's over a month old Which, I'm presuming will be just fine. I'm thinking of getting a postage scale, so that I can weigh him properly...and we don't start vax's until 2 months anyway so fine.

It's just so frustrating, that since I'm not insured, my little teeny baby has to come into the world uninsured as well. What if something WAS wrong? It's unthinkable. And the only reason I'm even uninsured right now, is that I was initally approved by medicaid, so thought all was fine...but then they disqualified me due to our business making too much $$ (not that I actually see that $$) And then it was too late in the pregnancy for me to buy private insurance. So....that sucks.
    Just Midge

LA has a program that will insure babies and pregnant woman, and we make just below the cut off. So that's good. We kinda help ourselves out a little with that, since my dad writes my checks and all. We won't be able to do that anymore once we take over.

That article was actually out of the Binghamton paper...but I have read similar ignorant comments in the Ithaca Journal from people too.

I don't know why, but even though I live closer to Ithaca now I still read and consider the Binghamton one as my 'local' paper. lol...old habits die hard I guess.

I think they (I assume they're republicans) want to believe the young mother got cervical cancer by having sex too young because they just want to blame everyone for mistakes. They just cannot conceive of something happening to themselves that is out of their control...so they assume people like her must have 'done something to deserve' the cancer.

And how ignorant can they be? Not all cervical cancer is started by an STD. There are still environmental and genetic factors that can play into it.

Midge. I hate that you have to worry about insurance for yourself and your unborn baby. It's just so wrong.

I'm so sorry about the state of American healthcare, though I know it is slowly changing.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I'm so sorry about the state of American healthcare, though I know it is slowly changing.
    Don't count your chickens.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Wait, Midge, CALL the insurance company. Most companies will insure baby under MOM'S plan until the enrollment date. That's how ours works.

We're one of those families that, this year, WILL PAY $12,000 for insurance. No $hit. And they just hiked my premium up by $150 a month. Grrreeeeat.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Don't count your chickens.
    Might change, might not. I wasn't encouraged by my rate hike right after the healthcare actions.

I just wish we could have a single payer plan. I honestly don't get what's so bad about it.

And Stacy-I thought mine was bad at just under 4,000/year. We don't even use that much medical in a year for a family of 6, but I don't dare drop it 'just in case'

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Midge. I hate that you have to worry about insurance for yourself and your unborn baby. It's just so wrong.
    Just wanted to say I agree with this. It is just ridiculous that everyone cannot have some form of health insurance. I am lucky in that both of the states where I have resided OH and GA, you basically get health insurance through the state if you are PG, even if you actually make money. Here in GA they have something called Peachcare where you can make up to almost 60K and still get covered. I was on it when I had Ky. In OH they have a program called Healthy Start which is similar.

I would be totally freaked out if I didn't have insurance while PG or with a newborn because you never know what will happen, which can be said in other types of medical situations as well. I used to be terrified of car accidents when I didn't have insurance after having Ky. I guess because my own mom had to file bankruptcy and was financially ruined after having my youngest brother. She couldn't get on medicaid and they didn't have Healthy Start then so she didn't get any prenatal care and developed GD, he was 12lbs at birth and had to be in the NICU for a week and my mom had to have the c-section with the huge incisions because he was so huge. I remember how ill she and my brother was. She had to sell our car and we had to move into a crappy house because she did try to pay the medical bills initially but they got over 100K and back then she made about 25K with 4 kids and couldn't keep paying so she filed bankruptcy.

Erin

Everyone knows people, or has experienced first hand, how our current system fails over and over again.

On another vent...I'm forcing myself to back away from another online dispute with someone who has a 3 year old and thinks she has all the answers and just knows exactly how her kids are going to be because she's going to raise them right. Maybe I'm being over sensitive, but her remark makes me think she doesn't believe I've raised mine right at all...and honestly, I have good kids. I cannot help but think I've done something right. So Jess wears 2 inches of black mascara...big whoop. It's makeup. I doubt it'll define her as a person forever.

Those of us with three year olds have no idea how they'll be at 12, no MATTER how we parent.

It's like the moms who have 10 month old kids and are all in shock when moms of preschoolers talk about typical preschool behavior (yelling, hitting, craziness) as though that's somehow a reflection on the parents, when really... kids have their OWN personalities no matter how you parent. You can be "perfect" and have kids that are nutballs. And totally Fed up and have kids that turn out divine... you don't realize that until they start to grow up...