Page 38 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048881385381038 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Lydia Rocks!!!
    Awwww, thanks!

I confess I recently taught Ronin to grab his diaper and shout "Big balls!" And I am undoubtedly going to regret it.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Awwww, thanks!

I confess I recently taught Ronin to grab his diaper and shout "Big balls!" And I am undoubtedly going to regret it.

I will always know who you are. I think I read every single post you wrote about Stella's sleeping in the past year. And I tried to reply to them when I could.

I feel the same way, all the time. On the one hand, I've been around so long, I feel like everyone should know me. On the other hand, I don't post that much and my posts aren't that dramatic, so I guess I shouldn't expect anyone to know me. On the third hand, I've had dramatic things happen to me, so people might know me that way. On the fourth hand, newer people don't know that. On the fifth hand, twins always create a little bit of celebrity.

I confess I find a lot of people on APA annoying, but I have never put anyone on ignore. I would much rather "know my enemy." Actually, many of the annoying people are just blah blah blah boring, so it's easy to skip over their posts. And the ones that are downright incendiary, I prefer to read and get shocked by whatever view they're espousing. I kind of like the threads that are high-tension. Most of the time.
    Ah, neat! I've always thought you were cool, so that made my day!

APA has been wonderful in regards to sleep issues. We're not in a perfect place by any means, but it's so much easier now. Or maybe my outlook has changed. She was up almost 6 times last night, but I didn't get upset about it. I know she's learning to walk and teething, so it made sense. And I know it'll get better.

I confess that I have no clue how my upstairs neighbor can make so much noise all the time. Does he not have a job? Is he constantly rearranging furniture? Is he crazy? Is he a vampire?

These are questions that consume my brain. Along with: where can I find a hitman for cheap?

You surprise me Lydia - somehow that doesn't fit with the image I have of you in my head.

Oh and I feel the same way about having been here forever, yet not feeling like people really know who I am.

I confess that we had an "oops" last night. We were practicing pull-out & pray, but did neither.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that we had an "oops" last night. We were practicing pull-out & pray, but did neither.
    Do secular moms actually practice pull-out and pray?

Hope it works out for you!

You surprise me Lydia - somehow that doesn't fit with the image I have of you in my head.
    I tend to be (probably unnecessarily, overly) careful online. Pretty much every single thing I type I keep in mind that it could be around forever, searchable, and potentially read by colleagues or friends or family members or people who don't have my best interests at heart. So I try to look at it from every angle and ask myself if it could be interpreted badly or reflect my family in a poor light or if I would be embarrassed if any random person looking over my shoulder saw it, including my dh. I try to be positive, supportive, back up any statement I make with verifiable legitimate sources (links included), and keep any grousing to a minimum. It does make it so I post less and read more, though.

I'm a lot more fun in real life.

Yes, it's paranoid, but when I first started looking at this site there was a long thread here about people's worst secrets. There was a lot of WAY TMI stuff. I thought, at the time, about pointing it out to another web site I belonged to at the time, at which point everyone there would have had a lot of fun with it. And it might have gotten passed around the internet. I'm so glad I resisted my brief urge, but I never forget that it could happen at any time.

I confess that I think I killed the Obama thread!
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

9. Default

I confess I avoid any and all political threads whether I agree with the OP or not.. Just because it is impossible to keep them drama free.

Do secular moms actually practice pull-out and pray?
    Pull-out & send positive thoughts, maybe?

I tend to be (probably unnecessarily, overly) careful online. Pretty much every single thing I type I keep in mind that it could be around forever, searchable, and potentially read by colleagues or friends or family members or people who don't have my best interests at heart. So I try to look at it from every angle and ask myself if it could be interpreted badly or reflect my family in a poor light or if I would be embarrassed if any random person looking over my shoulder saw it, including my dh. I try to be positive, supportive, back up any statement I make with verifiable legitimate sources (links included), and keep any grousing to a minimum. It does make it so I post less and read more, though.

Yes, it's paranoid, but when I first started looking at this site there was a long thread here about people's worst secrets. There was a lot of WAY TMI stuff. I thought, at the time, about pointing it out to another web site I belonged to at the time, at which point everyone there would have had a lot of fun with it. And it might have gotten passed around the internet. I'm so glad I resisted my brief urge, but I never forget that it could happen at any time.
    That's a very, very wise policy to have. I worry a lot that something I write here might backfire on me IRL. I know I should be more careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    I confess that I think I killed the Obama thread!
    Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I avoid any and all political threads whether I agree with the OP or not.. Just because it is impossible to keep them drama free.
    Me too. Sometimes I'll read them and get all riled up, but I do my best to back away and not get sucked in.

I confess to waffling back and forth between thinking:
    Oh, I hope my inlaws never decide to try to find the APA forum (since I talk about "the forum" all the time) and search for my posts
    versus
    Hmmm, that would be an easy way of them finding out not their son's little christian wifey that they think I am.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess everyone wants to bitterly take a stab at the NEW president.
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Yep. Five months in office? Why hasn't he fixed everything created in the past eight years already?

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess I laughed my arse off at Dane Cooks new show. The first like 10 minutes he was talking about Obama, saying how he thought it was so cool that he was the "Tech President" and then he hit the topic of race....

He said something about "I'm not racist, I have a black President" and followed it with....... "IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY PEOPLE! This is not like 'I'm not racist - I have a black friend' "

I thought it was pretty funny

I confess blAH!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

OMG, Eric and I were literally gasping for air, laughing so hard when he was talking about masturbating. I love Dane Cook!

OMG that is too funny! And yes, I agree with the person who said that sounded very un-Lydia-ish, at least compared to the image I have of you in my head. Though I totally understand your internet paranoia.

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
    Ah, neat! I've always thought you were cool, so that made my day!

I confess that I have no clue how my upstairs neighbor can make so much noise all the time. Does he not have a job? Is he constantly rearranging furniture? Is he crazy? Is he a vampire?
    I'm a newbie, but I definitely recognize ya and think you're neat Maybe cos your kiddo is cute and because you are a teacher from Brooklyn... I am from Brooklyn, and had I not moved, I would have been a Brooklyn teacher too! That and I love reading updates on your serial killer upstairs neighbor.

But your LO is adorable! Make more! Yea... I'm the baby making pusher

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    OMG, Eric and I were literally gasping for air, laughing so hard when he was talking about masturbating. I love Dane Cook!
    Me tooo

I confess I can't stand Dane Cook! A punchline every once in a while would be nice.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess part of my overly paranoid online persona is because I have my real first name and my babies' real first names on here. So again, totally available by google. And I pointed out the site to one of my pregnant co-workers once. She glanced at it, was horrified to see how much people shared, and hopefully forgot about it.

If I had to do it over again, I would probably choose a different screen name.

I have no idea who Dane Cook is.

I think Dane Cook is funny, most of the time. Sometimes I just get tired of it though. His material is like "it's funny because it's true" and some people just aren't into that. But I think his delivery is funny, most of the time.
    His comedy central special from way back in the day is still his best material. OMG his Alien impression, ROFL
    And Christ Chex! Who can forget Christ Chex?

I confess you all make me laugh; I think you're all great.

OMG, Lydia, that is too funny about what you've taught Ronin. I'm trying to teach Travis to say "you got it, dude," like the Olsen twins used to say on Full House. Just because it would be too funny to hear with his ever-growing Yorkshire accent.

23. Default

I confess I was tired of Dane Cook for a while because all I heard was the same material over and over and over again......
    I confess watching his new special on comedy central made me him all over again...

I also confess - He's gotten really ugly!

24. Default

I have no idea who Dane Cook is.
    He's a comedian/actor

Lydia you crack me up! If I taught that to my Ronin he would undoubtly do that while pulling down his pants in the Village Inn.

26. Default

I confess I saw them again today while getting lunch ready and had to take a pic to share with you ladies...

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I saw them again today while getting lunch ready and had to take a pic to share with you ladies...

Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Why on earth would you have anything like that in your cupboard?!?! I confess, when you originally mentioned seeing them, I just chalked it up to some inside joke I wasn't getting, or some weird pregnancy hallucination. I didn't actually think you HAD some!

What the...?!?

29. Default

Why on earth would you have anything like that in your cupboard?!?! I confess, when you originally mentioned seeing them, I just chalked it up to some inside joke I wasn't getting, or some weird pregnancy hallucination. I didn't actually think you HAD some!

What the...?!?
    Yeah... I have no clue... I think they are FIL'S

shutterbird Guest

Fish. Arseholes..

Now I've seen it all.