Page 376 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2763263663743753763773783864264768761376 ... LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,280 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Hey, y'all! Just wanted to let you know I'm back from Spain and have a lot of catching up to do on here!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Aww. I wish I thought I could handle another one. I'd love to see Josh be a big brother.
    That reminds me...every month when I tell DH I got my period, he says "Congratulations" or "Well, there are worse things." It really kills me and I finally told him to stop saying that stuff. Yes, every month I am glad I'm not pregnant...but at the same time, if I were in a better state of mental health, I'd love another one.
    Oh and Chrissy, I'm really sorry you and Rich are at a low point. What's going on?
    You have time. I've had 'em close together and far apart, and there are benefits and perks to either scenario. There are 13 years between Bobbie and Conner. If there were only 3 years, I doubt she'd be noticing his language skills.

I wish I knew what was going on. I know relationships cycle, but this one is spiraling out of control. We may be at the end....I really don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Hey, y'all! Just wanted to let you know I'm back from Spain and have a lot of catching up to do on here!
    You have to tell us all about it!!! How was it? Are you tired?

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Haha, true. One of my friends also has two girls in college and two others under age 6. So that's encouraging. Sometimes it just feels like I'll never feel better, you know?

I'm really sorry things are so bad with Rich. I hope it turns around, somehow.
    Silverstar, do tell!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I'm writing a story and in the story, there is a rock band. I've been trying to come up with a name for the band and used a "working name" for a long time. Last night I decided I had to come up with something better, so I brainstormed.

What about Synesthesia for a rock band name? Good? Bad? Better ideas? I think it's a really cool concept but kind of hard to say so maybe it isn't believable as a name. Would people shorten it? What to?

I remember our discussion of weird sensory issues and synesthesia in here so wondered what you all thought of it as a name!
    I think it's cool, but I'm a synaesthete so I'm biased.

I just got word that one of my distant cousins passed away yesterday. We all called her Aunt Marge. She was 94. Her obituary mentions she was a UU, which I never knew. She almost always came to the family reunion every year and she was always sharp as a tack.
    Below is a picture we took in 2007 with Josh (oldest and youngest members of the family)

What's funny is that just about an hour ago the minister from my church called me and asked if I'd like to sign the member book (ie become an official member) at church on Sunday. I think that would be a nice thing to do in her memory, don't you?
    I'm sorry Kate. And yes, I think it would be a nice tribute to her.

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    Today is a sad day - we just put the cat down. The vet came over, and that was that. I sat with Annie watching T.V. while it was done in the other room - didn't really know what the appropriate thing was to do with her...she's not old enough to understand - but I'm also all about being 100% open about everything, I just went with my stomach on that one. But it made me feel bad that Danny didn't have me next to him also...can't win. Danny's up in the garden burying him now - I think I'll go buy a plant to put next to him today.
    I'm sorry Midge. That's really nice that the vet could do it at your house - no doubt much more comfortable for your kitty.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    You have time. I've had 'em close together and far apart, and there are benefits and perks to either scenario. There are 13 years between Bobbie and Conner. If there were only 3 years, I doubt she'd be noticing his language skills.

I wish I knew what was going on. I know relationships cycle, but this one is spiraling out of control. We may be at the end....I really don't know.

You have to tell us all about it!!! How was it? Are you tired?
    I'm sorry you guys are have a tough time Chrissy. We're here for you if you want to talk.

Chrissy,

I confess that I really need to stop getting on APA when I'm overtired & over hungry - I get snarky with people.

I confess that I might be applying for a degree in linguistics at university! I'm not sure I'm going to make the cut-off date to get all my documents in. Wish me luck!

You're better than me. I can be fresh, fully awake, appetite satisfied...and yet, when I read a stupid post I cannot help but get snarky. So I stay in here.

Good luck!! Get off APA & do your paperwork!!

Actually, it's not limited to here either (my inability to cope with ignorance). I'm almost ready to un-friend someone on Facebook because she's posted a Fox link criticizing Obama for not being in Arlington on Memorial Day.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I think it's too big a word for most people. But then, I give most people very little credit.
    I'm wide open for other suggestions at this point. I do like that name but I'm also worried it's too big and too obscure. But lots of band names are obscure so maybe that's okay.

We're very far from those days now. Rich packed his truck last night & I don't know if I'll see him tonight or not. We're officially at the lowest point we've been in in 15 years...and back then, we split for 11 months.
    So sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I might be applying for a degree in linguistics at university! I'm not sure I'm going to make the cut-off date to get all my documents in. Wish me luck!
    Yay for linguistics! I almost went to school for that, but made it my minor instead. Linguistics classes were really fun and interesting. Go get your application in!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Cool Sarah! Good luck with all the paperwork. I hate that stuff.

Gah, kids are brats! So are parents! Am I the only one who doesn't feel comfortable letting a 3 year old run around at the playground without him being in my sight all the time? Am I overprotective? Because all I'm thinking is it takes half a second for me to not see him and he falls off the playground. It's not all entirely enclosed, there are gaps at the top where you can climb down ladders and stuff. It scares me. Most other moms sit on the benches at the bottom and like, text or talk on the phone the whole time.
    Gahhh I hate solicitors! (Sorry, just got one at the door. Trying to sell magazines--luckily I can always pull the "I don't make the money decisions" card LOL) I also found a JW flyer under my door mat when I got home. Glad I missed that!

I never know what to say to door-to-door people...I feel sorry for them but I just...don't want whatever they're selling.

If I get caught, I just say, "I'm sorry, I'm not interested." and shut the door. Even if they try to speak.

The one that really got me bent (I posted about this) was when I was sitting in my car at the park & ride, waiting for the bus and someone pulled up and was passing out religious pamphlets to the other riders. Luckily, the bus came before she could get to my car, but I really didn't think I would have been able to be polite to her. I don't want to be harassed by religious fruitcakes while I'm going about my daily business. I strongly feel that I should have a right to live free from that crap.

Oh yeah...that's not really cool.
    We're in the living room most of the day, and the front door is right there, so I can't really hide
    I think next time someone asks if I'm the "lady of the house", I'm going to say I'm the babysitter. Unless Josh runs up saying "Mommy! Mommy!" LOL

Actually, it's not limited to here either (my inability to cope with ignorance). I'm almost ready to un-friend someone on Facebook because she's posted a Fox link criticizing Obama for not being in Arlington on Memorial Day.
    Ugh, I know what you mean.

Yay for linguistics! I almost went to school for that, but made it my minor instead. Linguistics classes were really fun and interesting. Go get your application in!
    What was your major again?
    Last edited by MammaMia; 05-28-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo :P

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess I'm a little bummed. DH has never missed a single midwife appointment, ever, before this pregnancy. But, because we have Oscar to care for he's missed a few this time (genetic testing, etc) and that's OKAY but it's bumming me out a bit. Like today, simple midwife appt, but I have to leave the boys at home because O is sick. Sigh.
    Dh went to every appointment with Esme, and about half the appts with the twins. He only came to the big ultrasound with me this time. It would have been nice to have him along, but I appreciated the fact that he was working this time and it doesn't mean that he's any less attached to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Welcome back! How was it?

I'm so sorry to hear this. You've always spoken really well about him and your relationship, and I liked that you were able to take a break and appreciate each other again. Whether it is time or not, it is hard to see the possible end of a relationship.

I confess that I really need to stop getting on APA when I'm overtired & over hungry - I get snarky with people.
    I don't think I've ever seen you snarky. And good luck with the application.

Am I the only one who doesn't feel comfortable letting a 3 year old run around at the playground without him being in my sight all the time?

I never know what to say to door-to-door people...I feel sorry for them but I just...don't want whatever they're selling.
    I don't feel comfortable letting mine out of my sight, either. Sometimes it happens, though, just because I'm involved with one. Luckily they're pretty good about not jumping off high ledges, and they can get down ladders or poles on their own. Still, they can fall down and bust a knee open even on level ground.

And for door-to-door people, I do the same thing as Chrissy--say right away "I'm not interested" and repeat as needed. It helps to have a child crying in the background as you close the door and rush away.

I confess that I just got back from my first every bikini wax. Hmmm. I'm certain I blushed through the entire experience. There's no such thing as modesty in that whole experience. I guess if you've seen one you've seen them all.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

How much did you get removed, Katy?

I've only been to one, and the woman who did it had a very imperious accent and said she would never do a completely bare wax because it was improper, but she would leave a landing strip. And then she spread the butt cheeks and waxed there before I had even a clue she was going to do it. Ouccccchie! We (I went with my sister) had to leave our underwear on all the time, just pull it from side to side, and she made comments on how elegant or cute it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen you snarky.
    Really?? Probably just as well.

I've never had a bikini wax. I don't like strangers seeing my privates if I can possibly avoid it.

I used to get a bikini wax quite regularly back when I actually wore a bikini often! I also used to do my underarms because shaving every day gave me horrible razor burn. The underarms hurt much worse thann the bikini. Yowzers.

Dbf left for Vegas about an hour ago. He'll be gone a week. I'm not sure yet how I feel about that. It will likely be very peaceful but it also increases my workload around here.
    All of a sudden this week he has been trying to meditate. He is, like, the opposite of zen. He cannot focus on one thing. He lacks self control, self reflection, patience. He read a book (I've not seen him read a book since we met) that was all about visualizing what you want out of life to make it happen. Not The Secret but something along the same lines.
    He's been quite pleasant the past week. It's been weird.

What was your major again?
    Speech and Hearing Sciences. Some programs call it that and other programs call it Communication Sciences and Disorders, but it's the same thing (not to be confused with Communications which is totally different! We're a health profession!) It's a foundation degree for either Speech-Language Pathology (which I did) or Audiology at the graduate level. Lots of school, but you'd also need to to grad work with a Linguistics degree. I knew several people with linguistics degrees who went back and did Speech & Hearing, one with a Ph.D., and many others who wanted to do linguistics like I did but ended up in SHS. We had limited choices for minors, either Linguistics, Psychology, or Special Education were our only options.

And for door-to-door people, I do the same thing as Chrissy--say right away "I'm not interested" and repeat as needed. It helps to have a child crying in the background as you close the door and rush away.
    I find having two large dogs barking so loud that the person can't hear anything I say tends to make them leave without my needing to ask!

How much did you get removed, Katy?

I've only been to one, and the woman who did it had a very imperious accent and said she would never do a completely bare wax because it was improper, but she would leave a landing strip. And then she spread the butt cheeks and waxed there before I had even a clue she was going to do it. Ouccccchie! We (I went with my sister) had to leave our underwear on all the time, just pull it from side to side, and she made comments on how elegant or cute it was.
    This is why I've never tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    He's been quite pleasant the past week. It's been weird.
    Good luck with that! My DH actually "found" Zen meditation and totally changed for the better!

Hmmm...I considered a bikini wax once, but never went through with it. I find taking care of "down there" such a PITA no matter what you do. I don't have much modesty about getting it done though. I figure, they signed up for the job, I shouldn't have to feel bad about going to get it done.

Bridget...good luck with your boyfriend. I still have hopes that he'll turn around.

Well, I went in wearing my granny panties because I wanted to make sure nothing would accidentally reveal itself. She took one look and said "They have to come off!"

I just got the hedges trimmed - I'm sure by today's standards I look like Starsky and Hutch down there, but I am not fully comfortable with the idea of a Brazilian (pre-pubescent) nor with the pain involved.

Bikini didn't hurt at all, though, so I may be brave next time. Who knows, maybe next time I will come home with the rhinestone sparklers we were talking about a while back.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Well, I went in wearing my granny panties because I wanted to make sure nothing would accidentally reveal itself. She took one look and said "They have to come off!"

I just got the hedges trimmed - I'm sure by today's standards I look like Starsky and Hutch down there, but I am not fully comfortable with the idea of a Brazilian (pre-pubescent) nor with the pain involved.

Bikini didn't hurt at all, though, so I may be brave next time. Who knows, maybe next time I will come home with the rhinestone sparklers we were talking about a while back.
    This whole post cracks me up. If you look like Starsky and Hutch WITH a wax, I hate to think what I look like!

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post

Your post made me think of 70s porn. Yikes! People fully embraced the bush back then.

I'm old school too. I shave, but I leave a neat little triangle there. I find the pre-pubescent look a bit disconcerting.

Can I just say that the university online application system is HORRIFYING. It's incredibly confusing, poorly written and full of bugs. It's barely functional.

Can I just say that the university online application system is HORRIFYING. It's incredibly confusing, poorly written and full of bugs. It's barely functional.
    That sounds about right!

Ugh! I'm so glad I don't have to deal with college anymore.
    I feel sad tonight and I'm not sure why. It could be my cousin's passing, or the fact that Josh's preschool teacher called to tell me when the start date was, and the orientation...I have such mixed feelings about it. I'm so excited for him but I'm not ready for him to be around other kids without me. I see the little terrors at the playground and I'm there to back him up and help him with any problems. He's just so sweet and open to everyone and I see kids his age ignoring him and being rude and bossy and it makes me sad. I guess I'm also realizing Josh is at the age where he'll start forming life long memories and I just hope they're good ones. I remember my preschool teachers.

27. Default

I confess I mailed off my application for my Phlebotomy exam yesterday!!! I can't believe I am done with the class...

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I mailed off my application for my Phlebotomy exam yesterday!!! I can't believe I am done with the class...

What with all the hair removal talk, I confess I haven't shaved my legs since before DH left. I went outside tonight wearing capri pants and I could feel the hair on my legs flapping in the breeze ... I think it's time to do something about this!

What with all the hair removal talk, I confess I haven't shaved my legs since before DH left. I went outside tonight wearing capri pants and I could feel the hair on my legs flapping in the breeze ... I think it's time to do something about this!
    Don't worry, you aren't the only one. I confess that I haven't shaved the legs since...well I can't really recall and I'm not even sure it was this year! though I did get a gyn exma in March I think it was so I probably did before that.
    It really needs to be done but so far I haven't worn anything other than pants....I do wear shorts but only while watering the yard (not the grass since it's just starting to sprout this week). I'm waiting for the first bath in the new tub....we got a nice one that is longer, deeper and wider than standard.

As for other areas, arms are done more often. As for other areas, I don't trim, I don't shave and I really don't wax. I just don't see a need or reason to. Plus with the skin issues, that is an area that can flare up though mostly is the upper inner thighs...so fun when the spot is right where the undies want to sit.

I also confess that my parents are here!!! they like the house. Though we need to check the electric...Dh was messing with turning some lights on and off and this is the second time the circuit needed to be reset....and we don't have anything plugged in yet!
    My parents brought me cool stuff like a folding table (one of the longer ones that is plastic and good for when you need some table space), a ladder! and a few other things. And it sounds like they are kicking in to a guest bed so we are going shopping tomorrow for that. and a mailbox since my dad is here to help put one in.....can't believe I almost forgot we need to put one in. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36