Page 366 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2663163563643653663673683764164668661366 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,980 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Janeeeeeen! He has the sweetest little face.

Wow ... I've been away for a while and so much to catch up to!

Janeen, I don't know if I said it elsewhere but congrats! James is beautiful!

I'm sure Soren is also beautiful but I haven't peeked in that thread yet. Will do.

Bridget, my heart goes out to you.

About food - with DH gone I've lost my house husband and well, he did all the cooking both because he likes to cook, he was home all the time, and we have a totally dysfunctional kitchen that we planned to remodel before he lost his job. So with him gone, I have a microwave, toaster oven, and a hot plate that has long outlived its usefulness and needs to be replaced. Oh, and a grill, but that scares me. I really don't know how to and I'm just not in the habit of working and cooking for one. Would LOVE some tips/pointers/motivation. Lately I've been living on take-out Mexican food, frozen dinners / canned soup, and meals from the buffet counter at the local specialty grocery store. Have to stop. Although now we have two salaries I can probably afford it, but besides being not all that good for me it's such a time waster. Ick!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Can you get your hands on a slow-cooker? Then you could pretty easily makes stews/soups that could last through several meals.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

This is a good idea ... I was also thinking maybe a George Foreman grill? Then add a new hot plate and it's a lot of $ in appliances but probably worth it in the long run. At least until we get the kitchen done which hopefully will happen this summer.

Yes! Slow cooker. Every hunk of meat I have to cook I look up a crock pot recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Midge, I'm the same way... I don't get it. I'm not talking about complicated foods, but good cookbooks are a dime a dozen and simple recipes are just that - so simple. Cosmosmom, try making a simple lentil soup. You can google a recipe, or just saute onions and garlic, add the lentils, some chicken broth or water, carrots, salt, pepper, and cook until lentils are tender. You may need to add a bit of liquid as you go. Serve with nice bread. Easy as that. I confess I just had a full day of meetings in DC and I'm so freaking whipped. It's so hard to have a day of "power meetings" when you're 18 weeks pregnant. I did great, but I'm so stinking tired... and I want to see Lydia's baby! I need to find the link!
    Sounds good enough and not anything weird or anything I don't like. I will have to give that a try...might end up waiting until after the move. I'm thinking of starting to pack Friday.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Can you get your hands on a slow-cooker? Then you could pretty easily makes stews/soups that could last through several meals.
    I did that in college. I got one that sat on top of a griddle thing. that way I could have grilled cheese or even french toast in my dorm room.....but I would also make a roast with potatoes and carrots and than eat that for like 2-3 days (depending on if DH was visiting my dorm...he came over almost every day. LOL)

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I did that in college. I got one that sat on top of a griddle thing. that way I could have grilled cheese or even french toast in my dorm room.....but I would also make a roast with potatoes and carrots and than eat that for like 2-3 days (depending on if DH was visiting my dorm...he came over almost every day. LOL)
    Ooh ... crock pot + griddle. I like it.

Wow, you were allowed to have that stuff in college? (or did you live off campus)

Janeen and Lydia, your cute babies are making me yearn for another. So NOT in the cards for me right now but maybe if I could just come over and hold your babies for awhile.... I was brainstorming last night thinking if I leave dbf real quick and go have a one night stand....I'M KIDDING.
    Like Savana always says, "My thinks aren't real so I can think whatever I want."
    Last edited by Bridget; 05-13-2010 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh well see, I am a hypocrite because I enjoy fast food LOL
    Really trying to avoid it recently though...it's hard when I live in the middle of almost every fast food place in the area, and if one day I can't think of anything I want for lunch, and oh look there's Taco Bell. LOL
    I have a weakness for fast food too.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Janeen and Lydia, your cute babies are making me yearn for another. So NOT in the cards for me right now but maybe if I could just come over and hold your babies for awhile.... I was brainstorming last night thinking if I leave dbf real quick and go have a one night stand....I'M KIDDING.
    Like Savana always says, "My thinks aren't real so I can think whatever I want."
    Oh Bridget. I'll try not to encourage you. Silly chick!!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

My husband really hurt my feelings last night. Things had gotten a lot better lately, and I started to think we were going to be ok after all. We probably will be, but over the weekend I mentioned getting a small wedding cake for us for our anniversary this year as we didn't have one when we got married. We had been married by the JP and only our mothers were there. No party, nothing. It's ok-I'm fine with that...but I thought having a wedding cake to celebrate now would be kinda nice. Plus-I was watching a wedding cake show when the thought came to me

Anyway, when I mentioned it again last night, he had zero recollection of the entire conversation. It was like I was coming out of left field with the concept. I just don't understand how we could have such a serious talk about something that important and have it not register with him at all. To me, it says a lot about his feelings on the topic. I can't help but be hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    My husband really hurt my feelings last night. Things had gotten a lot better lately, and I started to think we were going to be ok after all. We probably will be, but over the weekend I mentioned getting a small wedding cake for us for our anniversary this year as we didn't have one when we got married. We had been married by the JP and only our mothers were there. No party, nothing. It's ok-I'm fine with that...but I thought having a wedding cake to celebrate now would be kinda nice. Plus-I was watching a wedding cake show when the thought came to me

Anyway, when I mentioned it again last night, he had zero recollection of the entire conversation. It was like I was coming out of left field with the concept. I just don't understand how we could have such a serious talk about something that important and have it not register with him at all. To me, it says a lot about his feelings on the topic. I can't help but be hurt.

I'm sorry. I sooo hate it when whatever else is going on in their head takes precedence over a conversation with their wife. I have to get Danny looking at me, in the eye sometimes, and repeating what I've said. It would totally hurt my feelings too, if he was just totally blowing off something that was important to me like that. to your dh right now.
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    This is a good idea ... I was also thinking maybe a George Foreman grill? Then add a new hot plate and it's a lot of $ in appliances but probably worth it in the long run. At least until we get the kitchen done which hopefully will happen this summer.
    I really like my George. It's the best bacon/quesadilla/grilled sammich maker ever!

I've just woken up from a nap (I laid down when Travis took his nap) and I feel so groggy. I need to go grocery shopping, but I'm going to sit here for a bit until I feel like going out. LOL....need more sleep.

I confess that I almost dropped the baby last night.

I started falling asleep after he had unlatched and apparently we were dozing a little bit. I felt him starting to roll off of me towards the edge of the couch. Oh. My. God. It was instant reflex. I jumped and stopped him, he jumped and got startled. Whew, I need to be more freaking careful!

I confess that I was completely blindsided by the whole nursing makes the mom instantly sleepy thing.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post

I started falling asleep after he had unlatched and apparently we were dozing a little bit. I felt him starting to roll off of me towards the edge of the couch. Oh. My. God. It was instant reflex. I jumped and stopped him, he jumped and got startled. Whew, I need to be more freaking careful!

I confess that I was completely blindsided by the whole nursing makes the mom instantly sleepy thing.
    I remember that feeling, Janeen; I did not like it! How's little James sleeping?

I confess I <3 our Foreman grill. We got it for our wedding almost 8 years ago and it's still going strong. I've been meaning to try grilled sandwiches on it, but keep forgetting.

Oh that's just awesome!

But your reflexes kicked in and everyone is fine, if a little startled.
    Those "OMG I can't keep my eyes open" when nursing moments only lasted a few weeks. Though I know for some it can last months. Just saying.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

That feeling is so scary.

I have never dropped Annie, but she has fallen off the bed. Once, when she had started crawling, and I wasn't RIGHT there...I was putting something in dh's drawer and she very quickly made it from the middle of the bed to the side, and I just couldn't get there in time. So it does happen, and if it does happen eventually for you (which it might not ) Then you know you aren't alone.
    Just Midge

Wow, you were allowed to have that stuff in college? (or did you live off campus)
    It was under the wattage and it wasn't like a hot plate. Not sure that they knew about the slower cooker. Toasters were not allowed. I learned to do a LOT in a microwave. LOL

I had a nice set up with a private room and my own bathroom...and a walk in closet where I basically had a mini-kitchen. It was very handy to have the private room and bathroom when my boyfriend was coming over (now DH).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That kind of stuff happens to Dh almost daily. It is SO frustrating. Mostly not important stuff, but still really hurtful that he can't seem to remember anything I say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    It was under the wattage and it wasn't like a hot plate. Not sure that they knew about the slower cooker. Toasters were not allowed. I learned to do a LOT in a microwave. LOL

I had a nice set up with a private room and my own bathroom...and a walk in closet where I basically had a mini-kitchen. It was very handy to have the private room and bathroom when my boyfriend was coming over (now DH).
    Nice!
    LOL about Bridget's imaginary one night stand. I would like to do that too sometimes...except not get pregnant

I don't even want to begin with all my 'close calls' with my kids. You'd all wonder how they survived

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I remember that feeling, Janeen; I did not like it! How's little James sleeping?
    I guess he is sleeping good for a newborn lol...I would say he is sleeping more now that my milk is coming in and he is getting more.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I guess he is sleeping good for a newborn lol...I would say he is sleeping more now that my milk is coming in and he is getting more.
    Hoooray for Booby Juice!

That's great to hear, Janeen! I am looking forward to the whole newborness again since I know this will be our last baby (well, probably!)

Umm, I don't wear contacts (or even glasses!) how did Accuvue (or however you spell it) know to send me a birthday e mail?

Umm, I don't wear contacts (or even glasses!) how did Accuvue (or however you spell it) know to send me a birthday e mail?
    That's just kind of creepy and weird.

I don't even wanna know how spammers get info. Some of it is pretty good. We got junk mail the other day that was a women's health magazine kinda thing. Addressed to my sister in law. She's a CNA and she's never lived with us.

I ordered lunch online, to be delivered at 12:00. It's probably not a good sign if the pizza place tried to call my cell phone & ask if it was ok to have it delivered at 12:30 instead

Oh yikes! Busy pizza day?