Page 363 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2633133533613623633643653734134638631363 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,890 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Sounds like you had an nice Mother's Day!

We didn't do much because we are saving money for the bunch of trips we are taking this summer. Also, DH took on a second job to pay for these trips and doesn't get off work on the weekend until like 3am so he was pretty tired and I didn't expect my usual breakfast in bed. I did get cards, but Ky lost the card he made for me and was really sad about it. But he did type me a letter at school. It was so cute and sweet. The best part to me was when he said "thank you for playing games with me even though you don't want to sometimes." That might sound weird but he knows I don't enjoy board games much but I know that he does so we play them about 4 times a week. We even played Life the other day, which is really the only board game that I completely detest because it is so long and tedious, but we hadn't played it in 6 months and so when he asked to play a game I suggested the game that I hate the most because I knew he would get a kick out of that. I was surprised that he wrote that. He also thanked me for helping him with his homework and not getting mad all the time like some other parents do and for teaching him how to read and being the best mom ever. He is so sweet. DH cooked dinner for me and like I posted above, Elle decided to walk. She also gave me a wet kiss out of nowhere LOL, it was cute of her and unexpected. She also threw her arms around me and patted my back and was extra loving today for some reason. All in all though I had a nice relaxing day and only briefly thought of all the dishes and the mess I will have to clean up in the morning from DH's dinner and how I am now a day behind on laundry since I always do laundry on Sunday and now I don't have anything to wear to the gym in the morning. Back to the grind of housework tomorrow.

Erin

Aw, Erin. Ky is so sweet! That's awesome that he wrote that about the board games. He's such a great kid and you're a wonderful mom. And even Elle knew it was your special day.

Erin, I think you did the right thing with Elle walking. My friend had a similar situation with her daughter, she had to basically trick her into walking since everyone knew she could...she just didn't want to, or was afraid to or something. I'd love to know what a dirty look from that sweet little face Elle has, looks like

Sarah - I know how you feel, I hate letting jobs down for any reason too - but I have found over the years that people understand when things happen, and it won't be held against you. I have always gotten down on myself when I had to request special time off, or worse, whenever I put in notice of leaving...I was always so scared to do it because of fear of letting people down. You'll do such a great job at this new job that no one will ever even blink when you can't do something, or need time off or whatever.

Lydia - your advice in the random thread got me to go into the Verizon store, and I have a dandy droid on its way to me as we speak. Thanks for the tip, it's just as good as the iphone where my needs are concerned. Um...aren't you having a baby this week??? That was fast.

Bridget - I would be super annoyed if my brother did that. That was super rude.

I'm glad for everyone who had a nice mother's day. I did as well - DH got up with Annie, and then when I got up I made breakfast (I love to cook, so doing it without Annie underfoot was nice) and then we just hung out til Danny went to work. I went to my yoga class, and dropped Annie off at the restaurant with Danny. Just a nice day overall. He got me flowers on Saturday, and had a card for me yesterday morning, just perfect for me.
    Just Midge

I always feel a pang of guilt when I have to leave work for some reason. I'm the type of person who will try to go to work sick...I know, not popular but gosh-it's so hard! I think it's because I was raised by someone who didn't have sick time. If he didn't go to work, he didn't get paid. So staying home sick wasn't an option for Dad.

We had a quiet day at home for mother's day. Bobbie bought me flowers, as did my mother. We made a large turkey dinner. Yum!! That was the last item we had in our chest freezer, so it's unplugged till Rich gets a deer (fall).

I'm covering another building Mondays & Tuesdays until some time in July. It's ok...but I miss my own office. I'm alone in this other office & don't know anyone. I didn't realize how fun it was to verbally harass my boss until now.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm with Lydia and so lost in this thread. My brain just hasn't been in it.
    Big Hugs to everyone, whether you need it or not.

I confess I'm calling my mother while she's at work today - I'm such a bad daughter. By the time I got to a point where I could call her last night, it was just after 9 pm and I knew she and gram would already be in bed.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I had dinner at a friends house last night. She has 3 young children. I had a great time and the kids were so excited I was there, they even wanted me to lie down with them at bedtime. I have to admit that deep down inside, a secret part of me was sort of pleased that I have so much peace and quiet at my house. I feel really bad about feeling that way.
    Mandy, I totally get that. As much as I want a baby, when I hear them carrying on at the clinic (which I get, I mean it's either boring or they are sick)...makes me feel relief that I don't have to deal with that.

I am sure that we would get used to it and deal....but on the other hand, it is nice to have just adults in the house and doggies.
    I do worry that with my DH being a light sleeper and a 3rd shift worker that maybe having a baby/toddler around making noise would make him miserable and crabby. We are very used to do what we want, when we want and just being the two of us and the dog. In many ways, I think that having a surprise when were more newly together and in our early/mid 20's would have been a lot easier than it would be now that we are in our 30's and pretty set in our ways after 12 years together. Well, the decision is out of our hands at this point anyway so we just choose to look at the good of our lifestyle as is.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

It's rare, but I appreciate the quiet times when all the kids are elsewhere. Well, actually, Rich & I haven't been totally alone since Conner was born. That's ok, but everyone appreciates quiet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    How was everyone's mother's day? .
    I normally hate the day and just send cards to my mom and my MIL (we live 5-6 hours away from either of them so a visit wasn't doable this weekend). Called both on the phone though and chatted with them. I'm very lucky in that I love my MIL and my mom.

The one thing that totally made the holiday not suck was my parents sent me a card C/O Cosmo. Had a black and white puppy on it that sort of looked like Cosmo and the inside said I Wuv Wou (like how Astro on the Jetsons talked) and signed Cosmo's name to it. She is definitely my baby and calls me mom or momma (well not like she says it but if you say where's mom, she comes to me LOL)
    I wish DH would have thought to do that....I have gotten him cards before from Cosmo.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    In many ways, I think that having a surprise when were more newly together and in our early/mid 20's would have been a lot easier than it would be now that we are in our 30's and pretty set in our ways after 12 years together. Well, the decision is out of our hands at this point anyway so we just choose to look at the good of our lifestyle as is.
    Totally understand. It's much more of a lifestyle change now that I'm in my late 30's. And with us, too, it's out of our hands so we will just be grateful for whatever we have in front of us.

The one thing that totally made the holiday not suck was my parents sent me a card C/O Cosmo. Had a black and white puppy on it that sort of looked like Cosmo and the inside said I Wuv Wou (like how Astro on the Jetsons talked) and signed Cosmo's name to it. She is definitely my baby and calls me mom or momma (well not like she says it but if you say where's mom, she comes to me LOL)
    I wish DH would have thought to do that....I have gotten him cards before from Cosmo.
    That's so sweet! DH always used to buy me birthday/Christmas gifts from our pets and give me cards they "signed." He hasn't in a couple of years, though, and never for Mother's Day. I can see how that made your day. Mother's Day is very hard when you are STC.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Mother's day was pretty good. They picked out a card for me and we went to the circus. My birthday is on the 14th so that usually ends up being the bigger day for me, and that's fine) I love that kind of stuff and Josh did really well too. We were in the tent for over 3 hours (DH has a thing about being early) and he never threw a fit or tried to leave, until I think he finally got bored and he said "I don't want to watch this anymore." So we left. And when a lady and a horse came out he said "Aw, it's beautiful." (it really was. I love horses) He clapped a lot and kept saying "Wow". It was great.

Church was awful again though. I had volunteered to help out in Josh's preschool group, so we had to go. Well Josh threw a fit for like the first 20 minutes until the nursery room offered to take him in so I could help out the other lady in the preschool room. It was just terrible. I don't know what to do about him not wanting to go. I couldn't let him just scream in the corner either because he kept running for the door and last time I wasn't paying attention and he ran off, he got all the way outside without me. (it's a really big old building with a ton of rooms and I could really lose him in there)

I need to get him used to being in his own classroom. I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by daylilies; 05-10-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Oh I forgot to mention the Zombies vs. Plants computer game DH got me. LOL it's pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh I forgot to mention the Zombies vs. Plants computer game DH got me. LOL it's pretty funny.
    And addictive. Don't forget addictive.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Mother's Day isn't celebrated here, so we didn't do anything special. Which was fine as I wasn't expecting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    And addictive. Don't forget addictive.
    Yes that too! LOL

I am going to have a stroke. Jessica went over our family share minutes by nearly 300.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I am going to have a stroke. Jessica went over our family share minutes by nearly 300.

Call them right now, and tell them it was an unusual circumstance and see if they'll work with you. They almost always do.

They might want you to up your plan to the next level for a couple months, but you can always bump it back down whenever you'd like to.

Good luck!
    Just Midge

Yikes!

Hoping that everything goes swimmingly for you tomorrow, Lydia.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Thank you! I'll be trying to read, but am all thumbs when it comes to posting on my phone, so I'll probably be mute for the rest of the week. Swannie will post an update for me tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    Call them right now, and tell them it was an unusual circumstance and see if they'll work with you. They almost always do.

They might want you to up your plan to the next level for a couple months, but you can always bump it back down whenever you'd like to.

Good luck!
    That's what I'm going to do. I'm a little scared, though, because I just went through heck trying to replace Bobbie's broken smart phone with a newer one. They tried to make me add a data plan to it, even though her 1st one didn't have a data plan. First they tried to tell me it was impossible to activate the 2nd phone without it, but I'm techy so I called their bluff on that one. Then they said that I was breaking my contract by switching phones, so they didn't have to grandfather the 2nd phone in. I said if my contract was broken, cancel all 5 phones without penalty then 'cause I was switching to Sprint. I don't want to go through all that again. I hate having to get b!tchy just to protect my rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Thank you! I'll be trying to read, but am all thumbs when it comes to posting on my phone, so I'll probably be mute for the rest of the week. Swannie will post an update for me tomorrow.
    I'm thinking of you Lydia!!

I just called Verizon & they upped my monthly plan minutes without any problems. It'll be interesting to see if they reduce them back down next month with the same ease though....lol, I'm such a pessimist!!

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Oh he's beautiful!! He brought tears to my eyes!! Congratulations!! How are you doing?

Yay! Big congrats! He's gorgeous.

Oh he's beautiful!! He brought tears to my eyes!! Congratulations!! How are you doing?
    I'm doing good. Looks like we will be headed home today.

As long as I keep the pain meds in me I'm fine but this morning I had to get to the bathroom with no pain meds since last night and ouchie it huuuuuuuurt!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Take it easy & take your pain meds I'm glad you're both doing so well you can go home already! How exciting

I one time gave my parents one by using long distance and one month the bill was $500. Back when we had to pay long distance.

I had to pay it back.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Congrats Janeen! He is a VERY good looking newborn!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

29. Default

I one time gave my parents one by using long distance and one month the bill was $500. Back when we had to pay long distance.

I had to pay it back.
    I, uh.... misunderstood my plan once, and got a bill for $1,300.....

I was under the impression I had free long distance.... which I guess I did, but only within my allotted minutes per month... after that it was some outrageous rate

30. Default

Congrats Janeen! He is a VERY good looking newborn!
    OH... and I AGREE!!!! He's absolutely beautiful!