Page 352 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2523023423503513523533543624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 10,531 to 10,560 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I confess that I just got a new, potentially really great, client, out of the blue. I am so stoked. I'm even more stoked because it's not work I'll have to do - it falls in DH's "camp" so I get to just hand it to him and make money off of it.
    Yay! That's always nice
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I also confess that I'm going to meet with our Mayor and his staff today and no matter what, that always makes me a little nervous. I mean, not nervous but like, giddy. And I don't know WHY, because they're all just a bunch of hometown folks, I guess it's just the word MAYOR. Oscar thinks I'm meeting with Barack Obama or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Thank Chrissy. You're so right.
    Anyway, it looks like I might have got a job today. I have to go in on Saturday for a trial, but if I do well then the job is mine.

I'll have to work every second weekend, but I'm taking it anyway. I really hope that DH understands. It's an inconvenience for him, but it's much better than being poor.
    Yay!! Congratulations!

Congrats on the job Mammamia!

I confess that I just got a new, potentially really great, client, out of the blue. I am so stoked. I'm even more stoked because it's not work I'll have to do - it falls in DH's "camp" so I get to just hand it to him and make money off of it.
    Woo hoo!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I'm so frustrated.

I had to call the Texas Department of Medical Schools, or whatever they're called, to ask about the residency issue. She said I have to be working 12 consecutive months.. and it has to be full time.

I can't be full time with my **** college workload! What am I supposed to do? To top it off she said that Texas law states I should have gotten a Texas ID 60 days after I moved here.. yeah.. that was a year ago.

I'm done with these kinds of days. I'm done with them.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

That doesn't even make sense about having to work full time for 12 consecutive months! omg!!

I also confess that I'm going to meet with our Mayor and his staff today and no matter what, that always makes me a little nervous. I mean, not nervous but like, giddy. And I don't know WHY, because they're all just a bunch of hometown folks, I guess it's just the word MAYOR. Oscar thinks I'm meeting with Barack Obama or something.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That doesn't even make sense about having to work full time for 12 consecutive months! omg!!
    No it doesn't. In NH, you just had to have proof of residence and be living there for a year. That's it.

I hate this ****ing state.

Good luck with the mayor, Stacy.
    Mamamia, yay for a job! What will you be doing? Sorry if you already said.
    Chrissy- How was the procedure done? I've heard they can go through your belly button. What did they do? I must have details.
    I confess I'm having a crap day. Kai is in one of those moods where everything is meltdown worthy not to mention I was up super late last night because I went to my parents to bring dinner and clean. It's an hour away so I have to rush out the second the last child goes home to miss traffic and then when I come home in the evening I still have so much do. I hate myself on days like this because I'm not the teacher I want to be. I'm not yelling at them or anything like that but I'm not appreciating them like I should be. Luckily these days are rare. Usually being in the daycare brings me total joy but today I just can't shake the ickies. You know how all your worries sometime just bog you down and it gives you that hollow feeling? That's how I feel today.
    And dbf just forwarded me his travel itinerary for his trip to Vegas next month. Not fair.

Anyway, it looks like I might have got a job today. I have to go in on Saturday for a trial, but if I do well then the job is mine.

I'll have to work every second weekend, but I'm taking it anyway. I really hope that DH understands. It's an inconvenience for him, but it's much better than being poor.
    Congrats! And you are right, you do what you have to do. Every other weekend isn't too bad.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Bridget-why is your dbf going to Vegas?

My implants were placed under muscle and through my armpits.

He's going to Vegas to play in a poker tournament.
    I'm sorry about my super duper whiny post yesterday. God, I hate when I look back at my post like . Anyway, I feel much better today. I have a moment of silence this morning before mine wake up and the rest arrive.
    I confess that Savana made my day last night. In bed she handed me this little book she drew pictures in and a pen and asked me to write the words she was saying for each picture because she wanted to write a book so she could share all of the things in her brain with everyone. Then we moved on to some stencil pictures she had made. Seriously, you guys, I'd love to see if someone would publish this stuff! One page is a worm she stenciled with a red bump she added on the back and here is what she said, "One day a snake found a baby inchworm. The inchworm said, 'Will you take care of me or not?', and the snake said, 'Certainly, I will."
    Ok. One more. A stencil of a flower, "One day the flower was out looking for another flower to say hi. But no flowers grew. Then a little boy was throwing seeds everywhere. Then there was a whole bunch of flowers around that flower and that flower was happier. And after all, the little boy always wanted to look at that flower. He loved flowers and sat inside of all of them. It was fun and it tickles when the pedals lean down on him."
    I don't know. Maybe it's just mommy pride but I think, done right, her stuff would make an adorable children's book.

Aw, that so sweet! I love her imagination! <3 I'm afraid I'm nearly as biased as you, so I don't know whether a 'real' publisher would see their merit or not. Even if no one would publish them professionally, I think it would be neat to have them bound for her as keepsakes. Who knows where that would lead in her future?

Or if you could afford it, have some done and sell them yourself at flee markets or various fund raisers you might attend? Professionals don't always know everything...she could be a grassroots movement in the children's book industry

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I'm sorry about my super duper whiny post yesterday. God, I hate when I look back at my post like . Anyway, I feel much better today. I have a moment of silence this morning before mine wake up and the rest arrive.
    I confess that Savana made my day last night. In bed she handed me this little book she drew pictures in and a pen and asked me to write the words she was saying for each picture because she wanted to write a book so she could share all of the things in her brain with everyone. Then we moved on to some stencil pictures she had made. Seriously, you guys, I'd love to see if someone would publish this stuff! One page is a worm she stenciled with a red bump she added on the back and here is what she said, "One day a snake found a baby inchworm. The inchworm said, 'Will you take care of me or not?', and the snake said, 'Certainly, I will."
    Ok. One more. A stencil of a flower, "One day the flower was out looking for another flower to say hi. But no flowers grew. Then a little boy was throwing seeds everywhere. Then there was a whole bunch of flowers around that flower and that flower was happier. And after all, the little boy always wanted to look at that flower. He loved flowers and sat inside of all of them. It was fun and it tickles when the pedals lean down on him."
    I don't know. Maybe it's just mommy pride but I think, done right, her stuff would make an adorable children's book.
    That's super cute Bridget. Kind of surreal, but adorable.

Thanks for the job congrats guys. I forgot to say, it's a waitress job at a nice restaurant downtown.

I'm a little worried about the trial day tomorrow, as I think I might be coming down with Mia's flu. I'd really hate to have to call in sick before I even have the job! I'm just going to have an early night and see how I am in the morning.

Oh no! I hope you're not getting sick

That sounds really cute Bridget. I agree you should at least get a few bound for yourself and family and for her as a keepsake. I know there are sites that will do it (I can't think of any off the top of my head LOL)

I wrote lots of stories when I was a kid and they all ended up getting thrown away and I really regret it

Yay for a job - what is it?

When I was little, my neighbor ran for, and became the mayor, and I just thought it was the coolest thing to live next to the mayor. Turns out when I got a little older, I realized he was a republican, and kind of a jacka$$

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I'm so frustrated.

I had to call the Texas Department of Medical Schools, or whatever they're called, to ask about the residency issue. She said I have to be working 12 consecutive months.. and it has to be full time.

I can't be full time with my **** college workload! What am I supposed to do? To top it off she said that Texas law states I should have gotten a Texas ID 60 days after I moved here.. yeah.. that was a year ago.

I'm done with these kinds of days. I'm done with them.

I really don't understand their rules. You've been living there for a year!
    Just Midge

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    That is just adorable! I absolutely love her imagination!

Thanks for the job congrats guys. I forgot to say, it's a waitress job at a nice restaurant downtown.

I'm a little worried about the trial day tomorrow, as I think I might be coming down with Mia's flu. I'd really hate to have to call in sick before I even have the job! I'm just going to have an early night and see how I am in the morning.
    I hope you're not coming down with something. Definitely rest and have some tea (that always helps me) and see how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    I really don't understand their rules. You've been living there for a year!
    It's all about proof. Their whole thing is you can't count school as your only reason to be a resident. So this isn't just about medical school, it's also about being able to afford college each year as well. I really find it incredibly dumb. Like I said, in NH, I was living with Jake's (my ex) parents and him as well, and all we had to do to prove residency was go to the town hall, and have his mother sign a piece of paper that says I have been living there for 12 months, get a notary to stamp it, and there we go. I was also working then.. but there were no questions about my job on the college application in NH like there was in TX.

That's cool, Bridget, I'd look in to publishing them if I were you. I wrote loads of stories as a preteen and still have them...I love looking back on them.

Congrats on the job, Mammamia!

I've decided today that grocery shopping is now DH's full-time responsibility...I got all the way to the checkout and realized I had left my wallet in Travis's diaper bag in the car....had to take him out of the cart, run to the car with him, grab the wallet, go back in to the store and pay....and then I had to unload all the groceries by myself with Travis climbing on top of all the groceries.....that was way too much for my 5 month pregnant self to do again!

ETA to my previous post:

Clinton said it's the joys of a living in a red state. They want to make sure I've paid my dues so to speak.

Just got back from the airport.

I think I'm going to have to change my siggy, but I'm not up to it just now.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I'm sorry.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

What's up, Mandy?

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    What's up, Mandy?
    DH will be gone for a year ... which puts TTC and the need for a ticker on hold for the time being.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sorry.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I'm sorry

I can't even imagine doing that.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

DH will be gone for a year ... which puts TTC and the need for a ticker on hold for the time being.
    Aw, man, that sucks! I'm sorry about that!

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    I've decided today that grocery shopping is now DH's full-time responsibility...I got all the way to the checkout and realized I had left my wallet in Travis's diaper bag in the car....had to take him out of the cart, run to the car with him, grab the wallet, go back in to the store and pay....and then I had to unload all the groceries by myself with Travis climbing on top of all the groceries.....that was way too much for my 5 month pregnant self to do again!
    Oh my!! <<----that kinda day

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    ETA to my previous post:

Clinton said it's the joys of a living in a red state. They want to make sure I've paid my dues so to speak.
    I hate red. Well, that red.

I've had a pretty good day. Rich stayed home so he could accompany me to my follow-up appointment and it was nice hanging with my men while the girls were at school. That's something that we probably could work on for all the kids...we do well with making sure they each get one-on-one attention, but it's very rare for us as a couple to be with just 1 child together. It's a whole other dynamic that I think we could all benefit from.

I wrote another assignment for my writing class today and had a really good time with it. At first I was like "wtf am I going to do with this?" but then I got an idea and rolled with it. My instructor posted that she liked it a lot.

Also I have worked more on my story from a previous assignment and have really enjoyed that too. Yay, I love writing

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Also I have worked more on my story from a previous assignment and have really enjoyed that too. Yay, I love writing
    That is a great thing! I basically picked grad school for library science over going for my PhD in philosophy because I didn't want to have to write papers forever. Love the reading, love the discussions and thinking...just don't love writing other than informally like on here or in emails to my friends.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I hate this for you.