Page 346 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2462963363443453463473483563964468461346 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,380 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

  1. #10351
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    That's exactly how I am Stacy. I actually like interviews-I get excited and look forward to them. I get like that with public speaking as well...although the largest crowd I ever addressed was perhaps 50. I wish I could box that confidence up and share with my children.

    But I do remember shaking like a leaf at my first interview at Ames Dept. Store.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  2. #10352

    Default

    I posted this in Secular, but I know sometimes I forget to check that room outside of this thread, so I wanted to make sure you all see it, particularly Bridget. It's an article written by a UU about talking to kids about death.

    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1057315746

  3. #10353
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    I confess that I'm munching on a wiener. Nom, nom, nom!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  4. #10354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I posted this in Secular, but I know sometimes I forget to check that room outside of this thread, so I wanted to make sure you all see it, particularly Bridget. It's an article written by a UU about talking to kids about death.

    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...post1057315746
    Thanks. Off to read.

  5. #10355

    Default

    Janeen said wiener.



  6. #10356
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Janeen likes wiener!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  7. #10357

    Default

    Thanks for sharing!

  8. #10358
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  9. #10359

    Default

    Speaking of wieners...
    DH was scratching himself and I jokingly said "Do you have to pee?" (that's what we say to Josh when he grabs himself) DH said "No I itch!" and he whipped out his junk and started inspecting it. "Well it's not red..." I'm like put that thing away! LOL

  10. #10360
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    20,072

    Default

    lol awww you should have taken a gander!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;


  11. #10361
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In my head
    Posts
    11,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    How did you know that you had this? Were you tested because of the family history? as far as I know they never looked into anything like that with me.

    I did have a ton of blood drawn recently and going to see the endocrine doc in less than a hour to see if it turned up anything.
    I have actually not been tested personally. My cousin passed away of a pulmonary embolism and afterwards her parents got genetic testing and they both have MTHFR - it's recessive meaning they both had two copies so each parent passed on an affected copy to all their children. Her sister and brother were tested and yes, both had the recessive condition. I finally convinced my parents to get testing after my dad assuring me he couldn't have the condition (my mother's brother is my cousin's dad) and learned that both my parents have it in the recessive condition. My sister was tested and she also has it and so does her daughter. Her husband and son each have one copy plus a second clotting factor. I haven't been tested but it's virtually certain I do have it. I have a copy of the genetic counselor's report on my parents.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

  12. #10362

    Default

    I confess that I am just floored after reading some status updates on FB. One of my former classmates was speaking of her grandson. She graduated with me and I am 31 and can't even imagine being a grandmother. That is so weird!!!

    Erin

  13. #10363
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    That happened to me recently, except I wasn't totally floored by the girl that posted it because she was a skanky ho when we were in school, so it didn't totally surprise me.

    Yeah, I realize I'm being a bit hypocritical, considering I had Bobbie when I was 17...but that's different. It did give me pause for thought though...Bobbie says she's going to break the cycle (My mom was also 17 when I was born). I certainly hope she is!! None of my girls or Conner need to keep that tradition going.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  14. #10364
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,407

    Default

    Wow...I think I would feel really tired if I was already a grandmother at 31. That's a lot of life to live in a short amount of time.


    I confess I splurged on myself yesterday and bought a hoodie that was more than I would normally ever pay, but rationalized that since I didn't buy any new maternity clothes, that it was okay. I'll wear this after I'm pregnant too, as it's hella tight.
    Just Midge

  15. #10365
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Wow, grandma at 31. My mum thought she was a young grandma at 53.


  16. #10366
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    My mom was 35 when Bobbie was born, and the lady I roomed with was 34 & having her first children...Sara & Cara.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  17. #10367

    Default

    Dbf has a son who had a baby with his girlfriend last year and while she was pregnant they used to refer to me as grandma. I'm like, Um...I've only been a mom for about three years. Not ready for that title! But now we hardly have contact with him and haven't even met the baby I'd take the grandma title if I could see the baby, for sure.
    Last edited by Bridget; 04-24-2010 at 08:52 PM.

  18. #10368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That happened to me recently, except I wasn't totally floored by the girl that posted it because she was a skanky ho when we were in school, so it didn't totally surprise me.
    LOL, that is too funny!!

    It reminded me that my classmate was actually pretty tomboyish, even in high school and everyone thought that she was a lesbian, even after she turned up pregnant at 15, people thought she did that on purpose so no one would think she was a lesbian.

    My mom had my brother at 16, me at 17 and she was a grandma at age 35 as well. I thought that was weird too when I was younger. It is still kind of strange having such a young mother, especially since I'm in my 30s and she's in her 40s. She's only 48.

    Erin

  19. #10369

    Default

    I confess that dbf is watching a horribly violent movie right now. It's gunshot after gunshot after gunshot with a few beatings with a baseball bat sprinkled here and there. I HATE it. I cannot stomach these sorts of movies. They have no redeeming story line as far as I'm concerned and it honestly gives me a stomach ache. Sucks that this is our movie night together and I'm on the computer so I don't have to have the images of this show in my head.
    We are so opposite. I'd rather be watching a documentary. Even if it had violence at least it might be educational violence.

  20. #10370
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In a van, DOWN BY THE RIVER!
    Posts
    8,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that dbf is watching a horribly violent movie right now. It's gunshot after gunshot after gunshot with a few beatings with a baseball bat sprinkled here and there. I HATE it. I cannot stomach these sorts of movies. They have no redeeming story line as far as I'm concerned and it honestly gives me a stomach ache. Sucks that this is our movie night together and I'm on the computer so I don't have to have the images of this show in my head.
    We are so opposite. I'd rather be watching a documentary. Even if it had violence at least it might be educational violence.
    I don't understand how people can watch those kinds of movies. My sister loves all those "Saw" movies and all the other horror type movies. There's no way I'd sleep at night watching any of those. I can't even watch psychological horror films without getting crazy nightmares from them.

  21. #10371
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Dbf has a son who had a baby with his girlfriend last year and while she was pregnant they used to refer to me as grandma. I'm like, Um...I've only been a mom for about three years. Not ready for that title! But now we hardly have contact with him and haven't even met the baby I'd take the grandma title if I could see the baby, for sure.
    I'm so sorry you guys don't have contact with him. I hope that changes as he grows up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    LOL, that is too funny!!

    It reminded me that my classmate was actually pretty tomboyish, even in high school and everyone thought that she was a lesbian, even after she turned up pregnant at 15, people thought she did that on purpose so no one would think she was a lesbian.

    My mom had my brother at 16, me at 17 and she was a grandma at age 35 as well. I thought that was weird too when I was younger. It is still kind of strange having such a young mother, especially since I'm in my 30s and she's in her 40s. She's only 48.

    Erin
    That would be weird. All my peers are really late to have kids. I was the first person in my high school year to have a child (at 25). I think 2 other people have had kids since then. My mother thinks I was very young to be having a kid.

    It's funny how trends differ depending on where you live.

    BTW I love your siggy! Mia saw it and said "3 girls sitting on the stairs!"

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that dbf is watching a horribly violent movie right now. It's gunshot after gunshot after gunshot with a few beatings with a baseball bat sprinkled here and there. I HATE it. I cannot stomach these sorts of movies. They have no redeeming story line as far as I'm concerned and it honestly gives me a stomach ache. Sucks that this is our movie night together and I'm on the computer so I don't have to have the images of this show in my head.
    We are so opposite. I'd rather be watching a documentary. Even if it had violence at least it might be educational violence.
    I can't deal with ultra-violent movies either.


  22. Default

    I confess I am working in the book department at work today.

    I confess I have never been trained in books, and there wont be anyone there to train me today...

    I confess I am rather scared

  23. #10373

    Default

    I simply will not watch violent movies. Not even mild violence. Call me a wuss, but it hurts my heart.



  24. #10374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I simply will not watch violent movies. Not even mild violence. Call me a wuss, but it hurts my heart.
    This is exactly how I feel.

  25. #10375
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    11,236

    Default

    I confess that I am seriously considering deleting my FB account. I'm furious. I save my privacy settings one way, then I go back in to find that they've been changed. This has happened more than once and it makes me sick.

    The only thing that's stopping me is that I rely on it for a few things - events, etc.

    Grrr. Facebook is so evil.


  26. #10376
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that dbf is watching a horribly violent movie right now. It's gunshot after gunshot after gunshot with a few beatings with a baseball bat sprinkled here and there. I HATE it. I cannot stomach these sorts of movies. They have no redeeming story line as far as I'm concerned and it honestly gives me a stomach ache. Sucks that this is our movie night together and I'm on the computer so I don't have to have the images of this show in my head.
    We are so opposite. I'd rather be watching a documentary. Even if it had violence at least it might be educational violence.
    Shouldn't your movie night be something both of you agree on? I'm not a fan of violent films either...I don't really have an attention span for them and I have zero imagination...if it cannot remotely happen irl, I can't be bothered to sit for 2 hours & watch it. I can watch documentaries back to back all day long though

    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I am working in the book department at work today.

    I confess I have never been trained in books, and there wont be anyone there to train me today...

    I confess I am rather scared
    I'm sure you'll do great.

    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that I am seriously considering deleting my FB account. I'm furious. I save my privacy settings one way, then I go back in to find that they've been changed. This has happened more than once and it makes me sick.

    The only thing that's stopping me is that I rely on it for a few things - events, etc.

    Grrr. Facebook is so evil.
    This has annoyed the heck out of me as well. Every 'improvement' Facebook makes results in something being made public on my profile. I hate it tremendously.

    I was on cnn.com and saw on the right it listed CNN articles my Facebook friends had linked in recent weeks. This was after I'd opted to keep my stuff private, so I'm not sure how the site knew who my friends were. grrr. I'll have to look into that more...it says you have to totally block an app, but it doesn't say which one.

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


  27. #10377

    Default

    This online writing class I'm taking is reminding me why I don't want to go back to school...and all these people are adults. Nobody's reading the assignments right, and nobody understood my fairly straightforward story, which makes me feel like my writing sucks.

    I finished the orientation at the UU church this week and I was like, the example student because I actually grew up with UUism, instead of being a refuge from the Catholic church like most everyone else. LOL
    I misssed a class last week because Josh had a meltdown, but they want to consider me completed anyway because I already have experience with the UU church.

  28. #10378

    Default

    I am silently fuming right now. We are watching Bambi. His mom was just killed by the hunter. Savana was asking if the mom was going to come back. It was the most perfect moment for us to have a chat about death and dbf said, "She's in heaven now."
    The conversation I had with him mere days ago apparently has dissolved from his memory. I can't even believe his level of ignorance. Thankfully the kids barely pay attention when he talks to them.

  29. #10379

    Default

    Did you smack him? Jeez.

  30. #10380
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    In front of my computer
    Posts
    29,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    This online writing class I'm taking is reminding me why I don't want to go back to school...and all these people are adults. Nobody's reading the assignments right, and nobody understood my fairly straightforward story, which makes me feel like my writing sucks.

    I finished the orientation at the UU church this week and I was like, the example student because I actually grew up with UUism, instead of being a refuge from the Catholic church like most everyone else. LOL
    I misssed a class last week because Josh had a meltdown, but they want to consider me completed anyway because I already have experience with the UU church.
    I'm sure your writing is just fine. The problem is people insert their own experiences into things, and often come to their own conclusions about intent without considering an alternative point of view. If the people in that class are all young, I'd suspect that's the case more than your writing ability, but it holds true even with "mature" adults. Even when typing on a message board, too often I find my own point is missed by a mile because someone else is reading it with their own pre-conceived ideas and experiences...so they just cannot 'get' what I'm trying to say. Look how Mark Twain has been picked apart and debated. Almost everyone agrees he was a brilliant writer...but there's a lot of argument about his choice of words and their intended meaning.

    As for the UU Church-I didn't realize you had to attend classes to become a member.

    Bridget, I simply think you're too good for your dbf. I know that sounds mean and thoughtless, but I cannot help but think you deserve someone more supportive and involved. I think my husband is a little lost on what to believe and whether or not there's a heaven, but at least in those circumstances he'll admit to the kids that he just doesn't know and he's open to discussion about the 'what if's' in life and after. I think if he told Conner Bambi's mom was in heaven, I'd have a stroke

    Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •