Page 34 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644841345341034 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Elmobo! Yay!

I'm sorry, Cass. That must have really sucked. I imagine that there is probably nothing much you could do in that situation. From what I gather, it's better to keep your head down and not make a fuss, right? And complaining about anything is probably really frowned upon. Do you think all of this was just plain carelessness? Or do you think there is some campaign against him?

It must be hard to be the new kids, but you would think they would be so used to people coming and going, they would have some kind of program (besides the All Hail and Farewell) to make sure new people are actually welcomed and assimilated, besides giving them crappy jobs and not talking to them at events. That seems like it would be better for morale.

I moved, on average, every 6 months as a kid until I was in high school, even though my family wasn't military. So I know what it's like to always be the new kid. It's not fun. And I know how people can either be welcoming or not. It makes a huge difference.

I confess that I just told DH that I HATE my body right now.

He said "I'm sorry you feel that way, I love your body" to which I replied, "I will love it again when it gives me a big fat positive pregnancy test!"

And I mean it body, I had BETTER see one by Tuesday!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post

He said "I'm sorry you feel that way, I love your body" to which I replied, "I will love it again when it gives me a big fat positive pregnancy test!"

Fingers crossed for you!!!

4. Default

I confess I can hear FIL and sMIL having sex right now.... its kinda grossing me out.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I can hear FIL and sMIL having sex right now.... its kinda grossing me out.
    Eww, old people sex! :X

I confess that I loved Girls of the Playboy Mansion, and I'm bummed it's over.

I confess that DH has been begging me to get a cat for more than a year now (I wanted one too, but the timing was bad). Now that I finally said ok, he keeps dragging his feet on it. I want my kitty, darnit!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Oh. My. God.
    I have to vent and I should probably post it in the military mommies forum but I feel more comfortable here.

First of all, Eric's the new guy to his unit and therefore automatically gets the crappy jobs no one wants. He fully expected that. But he didn't just get a few- he got ALL of them. He has like 2-3 times the workload of everyone else. He's had to stay late almost every day this week trying to catch up and they keep making him do extra stuff like a week long combat life-savers course and an emergency fire drill thing that takes up the entire day but then they still expect him to do his normal work. Fine, you know, it's crappy but he can deal.

Then today Eric went in for 6:30am PT (physical training) and was immediately dismissed. Everyone got the day off and there was a surprise picnic for the soldiers and their families at 11am. FUN! Oh wait. NOT ERIC! No, Eric was voluntold to do a carwash today and to be there at 9am. So he shows up at 9am only to find out that it doesn't actually start until 10am. Then he's told that someone will be there later to relieve him so that we can go to the picnic, but no one ever shows up.

Tonight was supposed to be his Hail and Farewell where they honor new people to the unit and people who are leaving. So we had to pay $18 a piece to go have crappy Mexican food, but we did because that's what you do. We show up and Eric's getting our drinks and the brigade commander comes up and asks who he is and Eric tells him and the guy has NO CLUE who Eric is. He thought he was a new Staff Sargeant. WHAT?! Then the commander comes over and says "I didn't know you were coming so I don't have anything prepared." WHAT?! How did he NOT know? We had to pay money in advance to hold our space and everything! The commander's wife talked to me while this conversation was happening and then as soon as him and Eric were done they both left and not a single person talked to us again for the rest of the night. I am so freaking mad right now. I feel so bad for Eric, too. He is such a good guy, a really hard worker and he never complains and they just treat him like crap.

total bs. Was your DH upset?

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that DH has been begging me to get a cat for more than a year now (I wanted one too, but the timing was bad). Now that I finally said ok, he keeps dragging his feet on it. I want my kitty, darnit!
    Just bring one home. no one can say no to a kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Oh. My. God.
    I have to vent and I should probably post it in the military mommies forum but I feel more comfortable here.

First of all, Eric's the new guy to his unit and therefore automatically gets the crappy jobs no one wants. He fully expected that. But he didn't just get a few- he got ALL of them. He has like 2-3 times the workload of everyone else. He's had to stay late almost every day this week trying to catch up and they keep making him do extra stuff like a week long combat life-savers course and an emergency fire drill thing that takes up the entire day but then they still expect him to do his normal work. Fine, you know, it's crappy but he can deal.

Then today Eric went in for 6:30am PT (physical training) and was immediately dismissed. Everyone got the day off and there was a surprise picnic for the soldiers and their families at 11am. FUN! Oh wait. NOT ERIC! No, Eric was voluntold to do a carwash today and to be there at 9am. So he shows up at 9am only to find out that it doesn't actually start until 10am. Then he's told that someone will be there later to relieve him so that we can go to the picnic, but no one ever shows up.

Tonight was supposed to be his Hail and Farewell where they honor new people to the unit and people who are leaving. So we had to pay $18 a piece to go have crappy Mexican food, but we did because that's what you do. We show up and Eric's getting our drinks and the brigade commander comes up and asks who he is and Eric tells him and the guy has NO CLUE who Eric is. He thought he was a new Staff Sargeant. WHAT?! Then the commander comes over and says "I didn't know you were coming so I don't have anything prepared." WHAT?! How did he NOT know? We had to pay money in advance to hold our space and everything! The commander's wife talked to me while this conversation was happening and then as soon as him and Eric were done they both left and not a single person talked to us again for the rest of the night. I am so freaking mad right now. I feel so bad for Eric, too. He is such a good guy, a really hard worker and he never complains and they just treat him like crap.

I am sorry!
    That is so sad!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    New ATTITUDE? Girlfriend you were perfect how you were before. I'm glad you're back. You were severely missed!

I confess I'm beyond excited for this weekend - I have two newborns to photograph.
    LOL I think a new attitude was definitely needed! even though it'll probably only last for a week!

I hope this is it for you! Crossing my fingers!

BARF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Eww, old people sex! :X

I confess that I loved Girls of the Playboy Mansion, and I'm bummed it's over.

I LOVE the girls next door! I miss the show!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I confess I'm only posting so I can be the 1000th post in this thread. woot!
    Last edited by AbbeysMom; 05-16-2009 at 10:50 AM.

HEY it says I was the thousandth!!!! WTH???

I'm sorry Cass. That's such a ****ty situation, I've been there. Hopefully they learn to respect him a little more soon before he goes off on someone. Or hopefully a new guy comes in to take all the **** work. Sucks, but it's the way the military works.

I confess I have 2 hours to myself and I don't know what to do! I confess I just played wii sports and wii fit and kicked some butt!
    I did the tests and it told me I was 50! So I did it again and it said 32. (I'm 30)
    It just took me a minute to figure out what the heck it wanted me to do!

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    HEY it says I was the thousandth!!!! WTH???
    **** it!

Seriously, we can't say d*mn it in the secular room? It has no meaning here!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post

Ash I still don't know what happened to you??!?!

Quote Originally Posted by AbbeysMom View Post

**** it!

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Ash I still don't know what happened to you??!?!

Yeah, that. You know we love some drama.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Yeah, that. You know we love some drama.
    I know! It allows me to have an opening to vent **** it!

I confess there are some people I just cant stand!~! Sometimes there is not really a reason I just generally don't like them.
    Or there is people I can't stand cause they are so bloody uninformed and naive as heck!
    I confess every time they speak it is like nails on a chalkboard in my head!
    I confess it makes me seem like an ass but I don't care. I can not help my first reactions or last ones either.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess there are some people I just cant stand!~! Sometimes there is not really a reason I just generally don't like them.
    Or there is people I can't stand cause they are so bloody uninformed and naive as heck!
    I confess every time they speak it is like nails on a chalkboard in my head!
    I confess it makes me seem like an ass but I don't care. I can not help my first reactions or last ones either.
    I confess I feel the same way about people! Most people, actually.

I confess I feel the same way about people! Most people, actually.
    Hey I just realized I can say er type ass!!!

no way! awesomeness!

I confess that I <3 Marilyn Manson. He is definitely my dark guilty pleasure!

I just heard and saw his newest song/video and it makes me want to see him in concert again!

Don't listen to it if you hate cussing or have little ones around. I can't even put the name of the song because it has two cusswords in it! LOL

I confess that I just grew to like Marilyn Manson even more.

Lyrics to one of his songs says "I'm not a slave to a God who doesn't exist. I'm not a slave to a world that doesn't give a sh!t." I dig it!

I confess that I just grew to like Marilyn Manson even more.

Lyrics to one of his songs says "I'm not a slave to a God who doesn't exist. I'm not a slave to a world that doesn't give a sh!t." I dig it!
    Yep that's one of the few manson songs I like! Actually, I like him alot more now than I did when I was a teenager which is SOOOO backward

Yep that's one of the few manson songs I like! Actually, I like him alot more now than I did when I was a teenager which is SOOOO backward
    Same! His concert is the best one I have been to...and I've been to quite a few. We went for our Valentine's Day date last year

Same! His concert is the best one I have been to...and I've been to quite a few. We went for our Valentine's Day date last year
    I bet that was a fun time!
    I confess i've never been to a concert
    I confess I've been to lots of wrestling shows though