Page 337 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2372873273353363373383393473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,110 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Rambling is just fine! Sorry you're feeling frustrated.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

He got home around 9:30. He was on call so he kept getting more jobs (he's a Comcast technician)

Josh fell out of bed shortly before DH got home. I've been running the humidifier for him over the last couple days and Josh is obsessed with the light on it and the vapor coming out. He like hangs over the edge of the bed, watching it, and I guess he fell asleep that way.

I was reading my creepy stories website at the time and got the crap scared out of me a little. LOL

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Josh fell out of bed shortly before DH got home. I've been running the humidifier for him over the last couple days and Josh is obsessed with the light on it and the vapor coming out. He like hangs over the edge of the bed, watching it, and I guess he fell asleep that way.
    I found Ronin asleep halfway on the ottoman near the bed in the nursery the other night. It was so funny. He must have gotten out of bed and then fallen asleep again halfway over the furniture. I called dh in to laugh (quietly) with me before we picked him up and put him back in bed.

I hope Josh is okay!

Mandy - h3ll no I wouldn't knock. But I know how to read and comprehend. >.<
    Lydia - what, no picture? I love the night setting on my rebel - takes great night shots.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Oh he was fine, he was disoriented that's all. I put him back in bed and he settled right down.

Chrissy - you're going to have to tell me who is doing your work. I'm planning on having my girls lifted after I'm done breastfeeding #2. I don't need to add any size...just want them perky again.

I am so envious of you ladies who have children who just fall asleep in some strange position. I wonder how long I'd need to let Annie run around for that she'd just fall down asleep? lol

I am dreading, dreading, dreading standing in line at the post office tomorrow, pregnant with toddler in tow so that we can mail in our taxes, and our extension request....I'm beyond angry that our taxes weren't done 1. on time 2. that we have to file an extension, when we have an accountant. This is the second year in a row, with a different accountant that things aren't being done correctly and in a timely fashion. I'm doing our taxes next year, no matter how complicated they may be. (which is why we've been having an accountant do them)
    Just Midge

I love the new siggy pic Lydia, you look fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Random question - if you walk up to a closed door with a sign on it saying "Testing, do not disturb" would you knock?
    Um, no. How rude!

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    WOOT WOOT! Don't be skerd! Be excited! I'm so jealous- I won't be getting mine for a few more years now.

Oh yeah, and I had a dream you posted a picture of your boobs on FB as a before picture.
    Yeah, that's not gonna happen!! lmao

Oh poor dear!

I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries when I was home alone at night & get freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by midgeend View Post
    Chrissy - you're going to have to tell me who is doing your work. I'm planning on having my girls lifted after I'm done breastfeeding #2. I don't need to add any size...just want them perky again.
    I chose Dr. Walker in Binghamton (he's in Lourdes). I knew a few people irl that had work done and he was one of the top recommended plastic surgeons. The other one is Dr. Kerr, also in Binghamton. Dr. Kerr didn't have any openings when I called though. After I met Dr. Walker, I knew he was the one for me. A really, really nice guy and he's been in business for 25 years or so.

I didn't know anyone who had anything done cosmetically in Ithaca, and I really wanted to talk to people who had first hand experience, so I didn't even look for someone from here. And I dunno...I have the mental image of Ithaca being a hippie town (which it is in many ways) and finding a cosmetic surgeon from Ithaca just seemed like an oxymoron. I'm sure there are some-and they're good...I just didn't know anyone to ask.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Yes! I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries too!

Josh used to fall asleep in random places too. I have a picture of him somewhere holding some food, asleep. Now it takes him an hour or more to fall asleep, unless we're in the car of course.

All this boob job talk is making me want one, but I guess I'd have to get the rest of my body where I want it, and see how things looked from there. I'd probably never do it. I wanted a nose job when I was younger, but never got that done either.

I never thought I'd finally get my boobs done. I've talked about it for years, but my husband was initially against the idea....and then, we just couldn't really afford it.

If I were to ever get down to my actual ideal weight, I would need a total body lift (and I hear that is really hard and painful because so much is involved)....takes care of the thighs, rear, stomach. Also would need bb's done and arms (though that is fairly risky with all the nerves and lymph nodes involved). Skin bounces back some but NOT that much.

I would be thrilled to get back to an 18/20 size and there I didn't need surgery.

Doing good...worked out Saturday, rested muscles Sunday because they were sore. Worked out Monday and was able to do it again last night.

and my knees didn't crunch last night quite as much. My knees are in awful shape, all cruchy and probably full of arthritis. I haven't see a doctor for them but know that a replacement is in my future and just trying to hold off as long as I can.
    Bad knees run in the family, plus I was VERY heavy for a time and even after I was/am still overweight. But the biggest problem is that I have fall directly on my knees numerous times....twice down steps landing on cement, once on a tile floor, a few times on carpet, once on a wood dance floor, a couple times outside in driveway/parking lots. And this was all in the past 12 years. Yes I'm a BIG klutz. I can't believe I have never broken anything....though if there one good thing about carrying extra weight is having stronger bones.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess...

HAPPY FULL TERM DAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

37 weeks pregnant TODAY!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Happy full term, Janeen!

Happy full term Janeen! Yay.
    Just Midge

I shall celebrate tonight with my weekly boneless cajun wings since it's 50 Cent Wing Wednesday at Pizza Hut!

Congrats Janeen!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

WTG, Janeen! Not long now! I'm celebrating "half way there" now. LOL.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Holy cow, Janeen!! That went by so fast (for me). Congratulations! YAY BABY!

The coolest thing just happened! Josh was just talking about an hour ago about wanting to catch butterflies. (I'm not sure where he gets that from--we've never done that) I haven't really seen butterflies around here yet but we walked around the yard for a little bit looking for some. We didn't see any. Well we were on the porch later on and a huge butterfly whizzed past my face and landed on a chair. You should have seen the look on the kid's face. He was SO happy. It just sat there for a minute and flew away. Josh was speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess...

HAPPY FULL TERM DAY TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

37 weeks pregnant TODAY!
    Happy full term!!

The coolest thing just happened! Josh was just talking about an hour ago about wanting to catch butterflies. (I'm not sure where he gets that from--we've never done that) I haven't really seen butterflies around here yet but we walked around the yard for a little bit looking for some. We didn't see any. Well we were on the porch later on and a huge butterfly whizzed past my face and landed on a chair. You should have seen the look on the kid's face. He was SO happy. It just sat there for a minute and flew away. Josh was speechless.
    Awww...those are the priceless moments that make being a Mommy so wonderful!!

Gah. I confess I just went to visit the most wonderful school. It was so awesome it reminded me of hogwarts and I'm so excited for Oscar. But it's SO expensive that I'm like and sending two children there.

Janeen, HOW are you full term already? It seems like you and Lydia just got your BFPs yesterday!

Kate, I love the butterfly story!

The funny thing is, I can't really handle butterflies. They sort of creep me out. There's a butterfly farm nearby but I just cannot handle it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Janeen, HOW are you full term already? It seems like you and Lydia just got your BFPs yesterday!

Kate, I love the butterfly story!
    It just seems to have happened!

I confess I ate way too many wings. Oh man!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Gah. I confess I just went to visit the most wonderful school. It was so awesome it reminded me of hogwarts and I'm so excited for Oscar. But it's SO expensive that I'm like and sending two children there.
    Awesome trumps everything! It IS a shame about the cost, though.

I've been wading through the hundreds of preschools around here, and I keep finding that most of them had January 31st deadlines. Whenever I find one that's highly recommended or that I like, I still send in an application, just in case, because I've heard that there are more openings - esp. unexpected ones - because of the economy.

I confess that I can't stand a new teacher that has recently started working at Mia's daycare. She's just awful. I'm not sure what I want to do about it.

what's wrong with her, Sarah?

Lydia, I'm currently trying to figure out preschool, too, but for us it's not availability but quality. They're all glorified freakin' daycares here, and nothing I would care to send Oscar to, even two days a week. He'd be bored and candidly, being "home" with us is way more educational and fun. I'm trying to decide if straight into kindergarten next year (or year beyond, we're not sure when we'll start him yet) is a good or bad idea. No one I trust can tell me. I hear "oh kids that don't go to preschool don't adjust well" but that's from the freaks of the week who are anti-parent-care anyway, so I don't buy it. And the people I DO trust say "we have no idea, because parents nowadays rarely care for their own children through preschool like in the past." Eh.

Stacy, for what it's worth my opinion based on what I know of child development is that for children with good educational experiences at home, with a loving family and opportunities for social interaction with other children (as I believe you are doing with Oscar) will do fine either way. Children who are not getting their needs met in some way, socially, emotionally, or academically will be at a serious disadvantage without attending preschool but a child with everything going for him will do just fine no matter what you choose. I would listen to his cues, and if he wants to go to preschool I would respect that but if he doesn't express an opinion it's really up to you.

I know that my children don't have enough opportunity to be social with other children and have not been able to experience the group settings that are common in school, so that's one of the benefits to preschool in my case. Because my work days vary week to week, I haven't been able to sign up for any playgroups or classes. We go to museums, playgrounds, the zoo, etc. but never have a consistent group of other children to interact with. I've found that mine usually tend to be better about being polite and sharing and taking turns than many of the other children and I hope that doesn't end once they get into the real world, but they definitely need to learn how to deal with others. Or maybe it's just because they're timid and they'll lose all their manners once they get more comfortable.

I also try to do a lot informally, but haven't done too much formally with teaching them stuff. I'm thinking about following Stacy's lead and setting aside a little "school" time for them (they really like the idea of school, thanks to a Blue's Clues video about going to school).

I love the description of this place, since it seems to incorporate what I've been doing at home to some extent, and it gets really high ratings and is only a mile from my house:

At Lakeview, the children "travel" from one continent to another, learning to value other cultures and to enjoy the similarities and differences in the world community. They learn to respect themselves and others, and to care for our earth and all living things.

Our global approach is evident in our weekly free enrichment classes- dance and storytelling workshops; music and science sessions; and daily literature, art and foreign language exposure. We also cook and eat foods from around the world at our weekly International Cafe days.

Click on different regions of the map below to see just some of our activities from those places in the world and some sample menus form our weekly Cafe Days.