Page 334 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2342843243323333343353363443844348341334 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,020 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Ack!!
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

10,000 secular confessions!

10,000 posts for me!

Or not.

I.Am.Sorry.

Sorry!!!

No problem guys! I'm laughing my ass off over here. This has to be one the dorkiest things I've done a long time.

If you were dorky so were we ... I love that we all cared too much!

Congratulations, Sarah!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Awww...thanks for helping me guys. I appreciate it even though it didn't work.

You guys make me smile...I just read through the last page or so and I was just thinking it's been really cool to get to know you all better in this thread. I think we should have a secular meetup. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I actually really miss eating dinner in front of the tv.
    We do it, several nights a week. Two-three are at the dinner table (Friday, which I still call "sabbath" even though there's no religiousness to it), Saturday, and some other random night when I want quiet. One or two nights are hanging out at the kitchen island, snacking or making sushi together, and the others are watching Anthony Bourdain, a nature show (Life is awesome) or having "movie night." Love it.

That was fun to read back this last page.

It is cute that the 10000 is at a smiley waving.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    You guys make me smile...I just read through the last page or so and I was just thinking it's been really cool to get to know you all better in this thread. I think we should have a secular meetup. LOL
    Would be cool. It's too bad we're so all over the place for the most part. Literally both coasts and all sorts of in between.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

That would be so cool!

I confess that it's after 3am here. I'm so going to regret staying up this late.

Night ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Would be cool. It's too bad we're so all over the place for the most part. Literally both coasts and all sorts of in between.
    Would be really cool. I'd love to meet you girls in person.

And not just between both coasts but outside them too!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

I found my old Episcopalian pastor on FB. This guy rocks- never pushed me, never tried to talk me into religion. I did my senior job shadowing on him as kind of a joke (I'm sure he knew it) but ended up learning a lot and having a great time. I just loved him (he was also my close friend's dad). He voted in the gay bishop and the church basically turned their backs on him and he moved to another parish. I was so upset. Totally changed the dynamic of the church and I stopped going (not that I went for the religion, I just liked the people and I volunteered in the office a few days a week and helped with the music program). I remember he asked if I'd like to go to this program called Alpha. It was a program to learn about religion and we'd watch videos and then get into small groups and have discussions about that weeks topics. I would ALWAYS get into these heated arguments with everyone, but they always asked me back. I really felt like it was because they enjoyed it and liked me for me, not because they were trying to get me, you know? Anyway, it's just nice to "see" him again. He is a great man.
    Last edited by Bean; 04-09-2010 at 10:08 PM.

That's cool, Bean; I miss the people I used to hang out with at church....well, I miss loads of people in the US. sigh.

The other night, I was bored, so I started randomly listening to stuff on itunes that I used to listen to with all my friends back in high school and that set me off in to floods of tears of missing family and friends. I just hate being here sometimes for the fact that no one here has known me my whole life.

What I had for lunch. Between that and the chips and salsa, I had to bring my entree home. Very yummy local Mexican restaurant!

Last edited by Cosmosmom; 04-10-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Very nice! What restaurant is that? I recogize the salt and pepper in the Corona bottles.

I made Mexican layer dip for us for a snack later tonight, and I plan to have a big ol' margarita with it!

20. Default

I confess I need to kick my own ass into going to the gym... Im so insecure about going, especially by myself, and I HATE IT!

Are there any women only gyms near you? The one I'm going to join again is women only. No pressure.

I would go in and check out any gym first, because there are some that are filled with people who are already in shape (like Gold's Gym) and some of them have more average people.

Very nice! What restaurant is that? I recogize the salt and pepper in the Corona bottles.

I made Mexican layer dip for us for a snack later tonight, and I plan to have a big ol' margarita with it!
    Maybe that is a common thing to do with salt and pepper? It's a local place called Manny's. It's a little more high end Mexican food..DH had some kind of scallops and since I don't do seafood or fish, I had a quesadilla.

I'm not normally a margarita person but I like that strawberry one, especially with chips and salsa....something about it tastes so good together (and their salsa to me is about as hot as I can get though DH doesn't think it's that hot LOL).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I need to kick my own ass into going to the gym... Im so insecure about going, especially by myself, and I HATE IT!
    I won't go to gyms...good intentions but I just never go. But I need to get my ass in gear too. My sister has lost recently at least 10 lbs and while that is great for her, I don't want to be left behind!

I literally just got done doing a workout. I really like the 10 minute solutions Kettlebell DVD. I can only do one segment right now but 10 minutes at my weight burns 200 calories. And really gets the heart rate up and doesn't irritate my knees too much. I tend to trip really easily (last time was Monday!) and fall on my knees. So while I haven't broke anything, my knees are a mess.

Oh and with moving in June, I want to be at least more flexible and stronger so that doesn't kill me. (and we are hiring someone to move the big stuff...my dad is just getting too old and out of shape for that and my bedroom stuff is solid wood and on the second floor).

I actually am glad I got some exercise in...feels nice afterwards. Especially since DH fell asleep at like 1pm and I have been watching things off the DVR pretty much day.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Wii-fit. Or walk. Or bike. A gym's not necessary to exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    The thing I liked a gym for was swimming. I belonged for a while to the Y when we literally lived next door. But it was almost $100 a month and during the winter I just wouldn't end up going. It was dark when I got home from work and cold and snowing...yeah so when DH lost his job, that was the first thing to go.
    Gyms aren't great where I currently live....but I do miss swimming. It's the one thing I like doing and just don't anymore (grew up with a pool). I'm NOT about to swim in the icky river or local lakes because there are bugs and animals and stuff. DH isn't a swimmer at all so I'm not going to talk him into a pool at our house plus our summers aren't as hot and cold now that I'm even further up north. Only way I'm getting a pool is if we won the lottery and I could get an indoor one.

I do have a Wii Fit but only really use it to keep track of weight. Don't have bikes but even if we did, I probably wouldn't use it much. I haven't biked in about 16 years (since I was 15). I'm not an outdoors kind of person. I do want to try to have a garden next year though...will be too late after we move in to try to get one going this year.

I don't totally hate the DVD's or the gazelle we bought.....it's just a matter of talking myself into doing them. I would so much rather watch TV or be reading books or something. I would rather clean. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

26. Default

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I know its not necessary, but the gym membership is cheaper than a wii...and with the wind around here, its hard to get out and walk... so while its not necessary, its probably the best option for me at the moment..

and on the women only gym -- the only thing like that here is curves, and for only $4 more per month I can have access to a WHOLE lot more at the "gym".. Its actually a Family Recreation Center, and theres a pool, sauna, steam room, hot tubs, raquetball courts, tennis courts, ice rink, etc....

Hmm, that's going to bother me now. I know I've seen the salt and pepper in Corona bottles before LOL

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My dad is here this weekend and you probably remember he's a loose cannon. We went to a historical farm and he kept taking one or two of my children and running off. I swear, he runs away more than Ronin does! And he's irresponsible about it, so I feel obligated to keep up as much as I can to head off catastrophe and to see where he's going. So with one incident today he's jogging off away from us down a road past the horses, and the twins are racing with him, and then he veers off the path with just Ronin, to show him a tractor. Claire keeps running down the road and he doesn't notice that she's only 20 feet away from a section where cars are moving. I had to hold my belly, sprint, and shout "Stop Claire!" and luckily she had the good sense to stop. And then he used the bathroom at my house and pulled so much toilet paper off the roll that there were drifts of it on the floor. Who does that besides cats and toddlers?!? So I was trying really hard not to be annoyed at his carelessness all day, and as I was trying to boot him out of the house at baby bedtime tonight, he told me out of the blue he'd pay for the twins to go to preschool this Fall at a cost of $2500/month. Yeah. I felt pretty guilty for being annoyed.

Oh yeah, and my dad greeted me with a hug and "Boy, you're chubby!" and then asked me how much weight I'd gained. I told him I'd gained more than the recommended amount but my OB was fine with it. Then he asked again, and I confessed 50 pounds. He was shocked, and told me I didn't look it. I asked him what the chubby comment was about then, and I eventually figured out he was trying to express something about my changed appearance from last year, and probably just the fact that I'm very pregnant, but I still have no idea what he really meant. I do know he dislikes fat people and pregnant women, so I'm not completely willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Aw, Lydia; your dad sounds like a challenge. Dislikes fat people and pregnant ladies? That made me laugh; what about fat people and preggos is there not to like? Parents can be so challenging; that's probably why I only see mine once every 2 years. LOL.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Aw, Lydia; your dad sounds like a challenge. Dislikes fat people and pregnant ladies? That made me laugh; what about fat people and preggos is there not to like? Parents can be so challenging; that's probably why I only see mine once every 2 years. LOL.
    I should probably stop talking about him. I don't want to get him into trouble. On the other hand, as a doctor he is very very very supportive of patient weight loss, to the extent that he'll help them with the MD-approved liquid diets and weight loss prescriptions.