Page 310 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2102603003083093103113123203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 9,271 to 9,300 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

So, I got on FB this morning from my phone, to find this posted by one of my friends.

"Dear lord, in the past year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite musician, Michael Jackson, my favorite salesman, Billie Mays, and my favorite athlete, Chris Henry. I just wanted to let you know my favorite president is Barrack Obama. Thank you and Amen.
    Last edited by elmobo-n-lexi; 03-24-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

That's horrible. And totally ignorant.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    That's horrible. And totally ignorant.
    Yes. Yes it is. I was baffled. And sad.

That's twisted. The only thing that's funny about that is that if her God really exists, she is surely going to hell when she dies.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    That's twisted. The only thing that's funny about that is that if her God really exists, she is surely going to hell when she dies.
    Exactly!!! I was thinking the SAME thing

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    So, I got on FB this morning from my phone, to find this posted by one of my "friends"

"Dear lord, in the past year you have taken away my favorite actor, Patrick Swayze, my favorite actress, Farrah Fawcett, my favorite musician, Michael Jackson, my favorite salesman, Billie Mays, and my favorite athlete, Chris Henry. I just wanted to let you know my favorite president is Barrack Obama. Thank you and Amen.
    I've seen that one before. It's really lame.

Hey guys, I got the job I was applying for BUT...DH doesn't want me to take it because of the crazy hours. As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's right. I would be working 10am-midnight, 15 days a month, which would mean that 50% of the time I would not see Mia or DH all day.

So, back to the drawing board I guess.
    Last edited by Jai; 03-24-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: editing the quoted area..

*Kristen* Guest

Nevermind.
    Last edited by *Kristen*; 03-24-2010 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post

Hey guys, I got the job I was applying for BUT...DH doesn't want me to take it because of the crazy hours. As much as I hate to admit it, I think he's right. I would be working 10am-midnight, 15 days a month, which would mean that 50% of the time I would not see Mia or DH all day.

Well CONGRATS on getting the job, even if you DON'T take it! I think you and DH are right. But keep looking, this should serve as reassurance that you CAN get a job! This just isn't the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post

Congrats on the offer anyway. At the very least, you know you are marketable I hope you find something that fits better soon.

Sorry the job won't work out Sarah. That schedule sure does not sound like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bowbee04 View Post
    Nevermind.
    Huh?

What is the brand of that Indian food, midgeend?
    (I'm pretty sure I'll try it from scratch but I'm just curious)

Huh?
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Although I think I have a feeling I know what it's about.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Although I think I have a feeling I know what it's about.
    I'm presuming it's passive-aggressive behavior, which I just can't sanction or ignore . Out with it or don't bother posting the first time. Or maybe it would be best addressed via PM.

I'm presuming it's passive-aggressive behavior, which I just can't sanction or ignore . Out with it or don't bother posting the first time. Or maybe it would be best addressed via PM.
    I was thinking that too. This is our little safe haven. If you don't like it, poo on you.

That's right, I used a bad word!!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

You said poo.

You said poo.
    No I didn't

shutterbird Guest

Sarah, congrats on getting the job!

I woke up with the weirdest feeling this morning. Something was really off and I couldn't figure out what it was... I just laid there and tried to figure out what was bothering me so much, but nothing stuck out. I hate when that happens! I've been in a kinda funk all day about it. I feel like I lost somebody, but haven't been informed yet.

I'm having a craptastic day myself. For me, it's nothing in particular...just nothing going right.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I was thinking that too. This is our little safe haven. If you don't like it, poo on you.
    I remember seeing that same quote about the celebrities/Obama in Random a month or so again. It had a lot of people arguing about whether it was humorous or in bad taste (or both), as I recall.

In any case, this is a safe haven to post about parenting issues and talk with other secular members without receiving replies or commentary based on religious ideals. However, this is a public room, and like people in other rooms, we do not have free reign to post comments about other groups or people on APA with the false sense of security that they cant say anything because we are in our own protected room.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Sarah, congrats on getting the job!

I woke up with the weirdest feeling this morning. Something was really off and I couldn't figure out what it was... I just laid there and tried to figure out what was bothering me so much, but nothing stuck out. I hate when that happens! I've been in a kinda funk all day about it. I feel like I lost somebody, but haven't been informed yet.
    I hate that. Hope everything is ok.

Last edited by elmobo-n-lexi; 03-24-2010 at 04:55 PM.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I hate that. Hope everything is ok.
    Thanks! Everything's fine, though. I must have had a weird dream to wake up feeling like that. Weird!

Last edited by Bridget; 03-24-2010 at 08:25 PM.

Last edited by elmobo-n-lexi; 03-24-2010 at 04:55 PM.

I remember the post about the facebook status thing and it did have issues and drama. Pretty sure I was involved. Posts going back and forth with those who found that soooo funny and a few like me who don't think a joke should be made about a person dying. Started a whole religion thing because the joke referenced someone praying to god for another die and I find that VERY unchristian like. Got some people mad.

And yes this room isn't private. Though if someone comes in who doesn't agree with the general kinds of beliefs or a particular room, they shouldn't get annoyed. There are themed rooms for a reason. I stay out of the christian and ap rooms (ap because I don't have a kid...but if I did I'm pretty sure I'm not ap). And if I go in, I can't get all offended.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I didn't see any thread about this subject. Was it recently? Because I had no idea this was an issue already!

I didn't see any thread about this subject. Was it recently? Because I had no idea this was an issue already!
    No you missed some drama. It was at least a few weeks ago, maybe a bit more. I think that it might have gotten deleted from random.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    No you missed some drama. It was at least a few weeks ago, maybe a bit more. I think that it might have gotten deleted from random.
    Oh ok. Well, glad I missed it then.

Oh ok. Well, glad I missed it then.
    You would have SOOO gotten in trouble!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36