Page 305 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2052552953033043053063073153554058051305 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,150 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

I'm sorry, Lydia. What a wench. Though, it definitely sounds like the neighbors are feeding her all kinds of lies, hence the anger towards you. I really hope the peacemaking meeting works.

Katy, that pot is gorgeous! You are so talented!

shutterbird Guest

I hope you have a great baby shower tomorrow Janeen! You deserve it.

Have fun at your baby shower! Hope dh wakes up and helps with that honey-do-list.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

He must have felt me typing about him...he just woke up!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Thanks guys, for being so sweet. I feel like all I ever do is get on here and say HEY LOOK AT WHAT I MADE!!! But I haven't been out of the house all day, so you people get it!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Lydia, my parents (who after moving from the more ghetto neighborhood I grew up in to a really nice new subdivision) had a LOT of neighbor issues. Long story short is it eventually resulted in both sides contacting lawyers and both sides ended up being told to send certified letters.
    And yes the police did have to be called more than once and the ones right next to them were spreading lies to other neighbors (one of which after talking to him, the police office just advised my parents to avoid him!).
    We will see if the issues start up again soon as it gets warmer and the guy next door likes to aim his water on my parents house, fence and cars.

Eventually Dad went to Sam's Club and got a home camera system with I like 4 cameras outside and it keeps a years worth of video. They were concerned about car damage or especially them throwing stuff over the fence to hurt the dog. This guy was so anal about his grass he puts a ton of chemicals on it and than lets his babies on it right away with bare feet and legs.

The only bad part of the camera system is the TV is in his office and pretty much everyone will watch it in there...I will pull up in front of the house and yup they are watching for me.

It was a lot easier when the neighbors didn't speak English. LOL

I am really keeping my fingers crossed that we get along well with our new ones...so far we only have one and will only have one for a while as the land to the west and behind us isn't developed or sold yet.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Cool pot!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I confess that I just finished a project for charity - it was fun, but I felt very put upon because they asked me to paint a pot in the style of my eggs for an art auction, but they asked me three weeks before Easter! I'm already and now I have to put everything away to work on this! But I hope it will lead to more exposure to moneyed people who like to buy art, so I said yes.

Here it is if you are interested:

I LOVE it! You make beautiful things, Katy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Cool pot!
    Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I LOVE it! You make beautiful things, Katy!
    Thanks!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that my deadpan humour is always getting me into trouble. I've lost count of how many times I've said something as a joke, and had people think I meant it seriously.

I confess that my deadpan humour is always getting me into trouble. I've lost count of how many times I've said something as a joke, and had people think I meant it seriously.
    Oh lord, you and me both. I also tend to make the most completely inappropriate jokes at the most completely inappropriate times, but without meaning to, at ALL. Like, an accidental short joke with a tiny colleague, a bald joke, things that really aren't JOKES but are only messed up in the context of someone else's sensitivities. I tend to overlook that some people are self conscious because I don't give much of a rip about anything

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Oh lord, you and me both. I also tend to make the most completely inappropriate jokes at the most completely inappropriate times, but without meaning to, at ALL. Like, an accidental short joke with a tiny colleague, a bald joke, things that really aren't JOKES but are only messed up in the context of someone else's sensitivities. I tend to overlook that some people are self conscious because I don't give much of a rip about anything
    You two both sound like my DBF. He does a lot of deadpan humor and can pretty much make a joke about ANYTHING. We've been having money issues lately with no jobs opening up for me and when we went food shopping he grabbed some ramen and was like "Ahh, the poor people's food!" He just doesn't let things get to him and I sooo admire him for that! It's awesome that you ladies can do that too. A lot of people just can't; they're so high strung about a lot and I think it's great to be able to joke and laugh and have a sense of humor

I confess that I am really sad someone who I considered a friend did not invite me to her baby shower. She made a post on FB about thanking everyone who was coming and I just felt like I should have responded to it with a "Have fun. Thanks for not inviting me." Just kinda made me sad. I've been nothing but nice to her, and she invited everyone around me.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Me too, all the time. I've done it twice recently with Mia's daycare teacher. One was a quip about childbirth, muttered whilst trying to get Mia's too-tight sweater over her head. I forget what the other one was, but it was something equally bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    You two both sound like my DBF. He does a lot of deadpan humor and can pretty much make a joke about ANYTHING. We've been having money issues lately with no jobs opening up for me and when we went food shopping he grabbed some ramen and was like "Ahh, the poor people's food!" He just doesn't let things get to him and I sooo admire him for that! It's awesome that you ladies can do that too. A lot of people just can't; they're so high strung about a lot and I think it's great to be able to joke and laugh and have a sense of humor

I confess that I am really sad someone who I considered a friend did not invite me to her baby shower. She made a post on FB about thanking everyone who was coming and I just felt like I should have responded to it with a "Have fun. Thanks for not inviting me." Just kinda made me sad. I've been nothing but nice to her, and she invited everyone around me.
    Oh, that sucks. It really hurts when that happens.

Hey now, I still eat ramen sometimes too. LOL

Oh man! Sorry Sounds like a friend of mine. I keep asking if she wants to do something or if she needs anything and she says "oh I'm so busy" and I totally buy it because she homeschools her younger kids, has two college age girls and she's going through a divorce. But then I see her post stuff to mutual friends like "glad we got together" and the sad part is Josh used to be friends with her kids, when we hung out more often, and he keeps asking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Hey now, I still eat ramen sometimes too. LOL
    Ramen is good, haha. I don't like it much anymore, but as a kid I was obsessed. My boyfriend just likes to make fun of himself. I think it keeps him realizing that things could always be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh man! Sorry Sounds like a friend of mine. I keep asking if she wants to do something or if she needs anything and she says "oh I'm so busy" and I totally buy it because she homeschools her younger kids, has two college age girls and she's going through a divorce. But then I see her post stuff to mutual friends like "glad we got together" and the sad part is Josh used to be friends with her kids, when we hung out more often, and he keeps asking for them.
    See, that makes me so mad, especially when they do that on FB. They should have the smarts to realize that you can SEE everything that they say. I'm sorry It's not fair to your son, either. People are insensitive sometimes.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

See, that makes me so mad, especially when they do that on FB. They should have the smarts to realize that you can SEE everything that they say. I'm sorry It's not fair to your son, either. People are insensitive sometimes.
    I know! She and I used to run a playgroup together and people would rsvp and then not show up, or back out at the last minute. We used to talk about how unfair it was to the kids who were expecting to see their friends. (we learned not to tell our kids who was coming, in case someone didn't show) Now she does the same thing.

I'm the same and I live with the English, so you would think I'd be in company, but nope!

shutterbird Guest

Right there with you!

I confess that I'm pooped from the big day today and refuse to type about it again so here ya go.

http://americanpregnancy.org/forums/...d.php?t=239334
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

How exciting! I love that your mom surprised you! How sweet!! I can't wait to see pics of your loot!!

Sounds like a great day, Janeen. The baby food game turned my stomach a little bit LOL

I confess that I'm totally freaked about our CVS procedure (scheduled for Tuesday). Poor me moment - I have been through too much. I just want a normal pregnancy, a normal baby. If something is wrong and I have to abort, I will be very angry at the god that doesn't exist, dammit.

I confess that I'm totally freaked about our CVS procedure (scheduled for Tuesday). Poor me moment - I have been through too much. I just want a normal pregnancy, a normal baby. If something is wrong and I have to abort, I will be very angry at the god that doesn't exist, dammit.

I can understand your fear. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.
    Just Midge

Good luck!

Thanks. I just hate the waiting.

I confess I miss my old UU church The minister at the one I go to now just isn't the same. I like it, but I loved the church my parents first took me to when I was a kid. Of course it's harder now for me being an adult and having to stand out on my own and not just be so and so's daughter. I'm just not good at making those first connections and good first impressions.

I hope everything goes well Stash.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Good luck with your CVS, Stacy. Have you ever had one before? Do you already know how long it will be before you get the results?