Page 304 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 2042542943023033043053063143544048041304 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,120 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that the lady from my job interview just called. She said that they weren't going to hire me at the moment (which I was expecting), but that she really liked me and would love to have me come and work there when another position opens up. She said she was going to keep my application and call me next time.

So that's something at least.
    Wow that is really a positive thing...places rarely go that far.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Bridget, I would have been mad too. They are just too little to be left alone like that.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Bridget, I am so sorry. That was so inconsiderate of your DBF. It's good that he showed concern for the other children who were going to run to the lake, but his first priority should be his own children, who are considerably younger. He could have at least said, "Daddy's going outside for a quick second; I'll be right back." That's all it takes. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Sarah, I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but I'm so glad that the woman will definitely want to give you a job when another position opens up! That's always a good sign. I do have a question though. Is Icelandic hard to learn? I would imagine it is similar to languages like Swedish and such. I am always interested in languages, so I am curious

Sarahlynn, I hope Lucea gets better

I confess that I have decided, per advising from a friend of mine, that I will request an academic interview after I apply to college on Monday, and if they happen to reject my application based on my high school transcripts, I will go for an appeal. My grades six years ago should not have an impact on me now, considering I busted my butt at community college to prove I am a smart cookie. I'm going to fight!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Bridget, I would have been just as upset at my DH if he did something like that.

Sarahlynn, I hope Lucea is better soon!

As for me, I'm going out tonight, ladies! Woooohooo! It's just for dinner for someone's birthday at work, but it feels good to be going out!

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Bridget, I am so sorry. That was so inconsiderate of your DBF. It's good that he showed concern for the other children who were going to run to the lake, but his first priority should be his own children, who are considerably younger. He could have at least said, "Daddy's going outside for a quick second; I'll be right back." That's all it takes. I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

Sarah, I'm sorry you didn't get the job, but I'm so glad that the woman will definitely want to give you a job when another position opens up! That's always a good sign. I do have a question though. Is Icelandic hard to learn? I would imagine it is similar to languages like Swedish and such. I am always interested in languages, so I am curious

Sarahlynn, I hope Lucea gets better

I confess that I have decided, per advising from a friend of mine, that I will request an academic interview after I apply to college on Monday, and if they happen to reject my application based on my high school transcripts, I will go for an appeal. My grades six years ago should not have an impact on me now, considering I busted my butt at community college to prove I am a smart cookie. I'm going to fight!
    It's a really hard language to learn! The grammar is crazy complex. You're right, it's similar to the other Nordic languages. They're all descended from Old Norse.

Good luck with your applications!!

It's a really hard language to learn! The grammar is crazy complex. You're right, it's similar to the other Nordic languages. They're all descended from Old Norse.

Good luck with your applications!!
    Thank you!

I'm always interested in learning words or phrases from other languages, but the main ones I have a handle on are Swedish and Russian. I hope to take a Russian class in college. Once you get the alphabet down, it's not so bad. At least with Swedish there's only a few extra letters. How long have you been living there?
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I confess I had a blonde moment just a few minutes ago.

There's a burger joint called Five Guys Burgers and Fries that has definitely blossomed in a lot of states now, and my ex's sister Kayleigh has been raving about them since they have one near her school in MA and now they put some around in NH where she lives. I told her I needed to try them since they have one in Dallas.

Well, I was on the phone with my mom today and she said they opened one up in Bay Terrace, which is a little strip mall in Bayside, NY near my old apartment. So I said, "Oh man, Kayleigh's crazy about that place; I need to go and try them," and my mother replies with, "Lauren, I took you there when you moved back to NY, remember? I specifically said we were going to Five Guys."

I'm a bit silly today, apparently.

Oooh I love Five Guys. One opened up really close to wear I live.
    Speaking of a blonde moment...I mean "where" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oooh I love Five Guys. One opened up really close to wear I live.
    Speaking of a blonde moment...I mean "where" LOL
    hahaha Oops!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I have heard Icelandic is one of the most difficult languages for English-speakers to learn. Languages can be ranked by difficulty (Arabic and Chinese dialects are level 5 for English speakers). Icelandic is considered harder than Norwegian and Swedish, but a little easier than Arabic and Cantonese.

Bridget, I can totally see why you would have a hard time letting S. go alone with your dbf for any length of time. *Shudder* I don't think I would be able to do it.

Actually Bridget, do you HAVE to let them go with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I have heard Icelandic is one of the most difficult languages for English-speakers to learn. Languages can be ranked by difficulty (Arabic and Chinese dialects are level 5 for English speakers). Icelandic is considered harder than Norwegian and Swedish, but a little easier than Arabic and Cantonese.
    Wow. I didn't know there were actual ranks based on how difficult a language is. I wonder if the same ranks would apply the opposite way; ie. Arabic is level 5 for English speakers and English is also level 5 for Arabic speakers.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ooh, I'm just shaking, and I apologize in advance for the book. Do you remember those neighbors we had all the property disputes with? We were going to write a letter outlining all of our findings about the property lines, back it up with documents, and then tell them we would not tolerate further threats against us (like "you'll regret it if you get this surveyed"). Dh put a camera up on the roof so he could gather evidence of them blocking our easement, and we think the neighbor noticed because he has not been blocking it. Anyway, we never did write the letter because dh has been gone so much and he didn't want to do anything possibly inflammatory and then leave me alone at home to possibly be a victim of retaliation.

So, I got home today and our neighbors' mother's car is completely in the narrow easement, which is illegal. My mom told me she had a really hard time taking the children to the back yard because of it. Rather than call the cops and having it towed, I just mentioned to her when she left that it is illegal to block an easement and she shouldn't park her car in it.

She started YELLING at me! Telling me it was THEIR driveway, why did I care if she blocked it, that she had about enough of me and my attitude and how I had to have everything my way. I replied very calmly that I had no idea what she was talking about, but it is an easement and we both have property access along the length of it and it is not allowed to block an easement.

She said she wanted to see proof. So I grabbed our property description and took it right out to her and she took it and tried to drive away when my arm was still in her car window. I grabbed it back in the nick of time and told her it was just to look at. She yelled at me some more, said she'd heard about how I'd made our neighbors' lives miserable, and how she couldn't believe my lies. That I needed to make copies of our "proof" and give them to her for her to read at her leisure.

I was still very calm and told her that she must be misinformed, that there was a dispute over property lines instigated by the brother-in-law and I would like nothing more than to be cordial with our neighbors but it was difficult when the bil was trespassing and making threats against us. She scoffed, and said she knew that was a lie, and asked me what kind of threats he made. I told her, she yelled at me that I was a liar, and said "Here's a real threat--I hope you have TRIPLETS!!!!" and took off as I jumped back.

I am so shocked at the hatred pouring out from this woman, who used to be so nice to me before this started. I have no idea what our neighbors have been saying, but it's obviously completely wrong, and I do not know what spawned the comment about us always having to have the best of everything. And I can't believe they told her it was their driveway, when that is so easily refuted.

Anyway, I called dh, and he talked to the police department who will be willing to send an officer over as a peacemaker when we do present our documentation to them. Apparently that's not uncommon. So we're going to gather all of our documents, write a cover letter, and then set up a meeting, and the officer will be able to fill them in on the laws pertaining to blocking access to an easement at the same time. Ugh ugh ugh. I hate this.

Oh that SUCKS Lydia. People are ridiculous.

Didja like her threat? I hope you have triplets! Considering how angry she was, and how I think she might have wanted to hit me with her car, to have that threat be the worst she could think of is actually a little amusing.

Ooh, I'm just shaking, and I apologize in advance for the book. Do you remember those neighbors we had all the property disputes with? We were going to write a letter outlining all of our findings about the property lines, back it up with documents, and then tell them we would not tolerate further threats against us (like "you'll regret it if you get this surveyed"). Dh put a camera up on the roof so he could gather evidence of them blocking our easement, and we think the neighbor noticed because he has not been blocking it. Anyway, we never did write the letter because dh has been gone so much and he didn't want to do anything possibly inflammatory and then leave me alone at home to possibly be a victim of retaliation.

So, I got home today and our neighbors' mother's car is completely in the narrow easement, which is illegal. My mom told me she had a really hard time taking the children to the back yard because of it. Rather than call the cops and having it towed, I just mentioned to her when she left that it is illegal to block an easement and she shouldn't park her car in it.

She started YELLING at me! Telling me it was THEIR driveway, why did I care if she blocked it, that she had about enough of me and my attitude and how I had to have everything my way. I replied very calmly that I had no idea what she was talking about, but it is an easement and we both have property access along the length of it and it is not allowed to block an easement.

She said she wanted to see proof. So I grabbed our property description and took it right out to her and she took it and tried to drive away when my arm was still in her car window. I grabbed it back in the nick of time and told her it was just to look at. She yelled at me some more, said she'd heard about how I'd made our neighbors' lives miserable, and how she couldn't believe my lies. That I needed to make copies of our "proof" and give them to her for her to read at her leisure.

I was still very calm and told her that she must be misinformed, that there was a dispute over property lines instigated by the brother-in-law and I would like nothing more than to be cordial with our neighbors but it was difficult when the bil was trespassing and making threats against us. She scoffed, and said she knew that was a lie, and asked me what kind of threats he made. I told her, she yelled at me that I was a liar, and said "Here's a real threat--I hope you have TRIPLETS!!!!" and took off as I jumped back.

I am so shocked at the hatred pouring out from this woman, who used to be so nice to me before this started. I have no idea what our neighbors have been saying, but it's obviously completely wrong, and I do not know what spawned the comment about us always having to have the best of everything. And I can't believe they told her it was their driveway, when that is so easily refuted.

Anyway, I called dh, and he talked to the police department who will be willing to send an officer over as a peacemaker when we do present our documentation to them. Apparently that's not uncommon. So we're going to gather all of our documents, write a cover letter, and then set up a meeting, and the officer will be able to fill them in on the laws pertaining to blocking access to an easement at the same time. Ugh ugh ugh. I hate this.
    Wow, Lydia. That was incredibly out of line of her. However.. I'm honestly wondering where the insult or threat on hoping you have triplets?

Didja like her threat? I hope you have triplets! Considering how angry she was, and how I think she might have wanted to hit me with her car, to have that threat be the worst she could think of is actually a little amusing.
    I KNOW!!!! I was totally starting to shake with my own anger for you when I got to that part and I laughed out loud. Oh ouch.
    I am truly sorry for you about this, though. It sucks so much to have people spewing their negativity at you like that.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Actually Bridget, do you HAVE to let them go with him?
    Only Savana is going. And it was actually my idea originally. It's just that dbf's mom has tried so hard to bond with Savana on the once a year or so that we see her. And it has always failed miserably because mil and I are very different and Savana is, like, very intuitive and she adores me so she senses it. And she bonds better with any family member when I am not around. With my mom being sick and all, I'm just feeling like it's my job as a mommy to make sure Savana gets to bond with all of the women that she has come from. Dbf's grandma is still alive and she will get to spend time with her as well.
    But I'm DYING inside thinking about the day she leaves. It will be unspeakably hard to be away from her.
    I just have to pick a really neutral time, let him know exactly what he needs to do while he is caring for her. I'll write it down. I'll make it clear.

Well, at least you know she's clearly stupid. I mean really, there are so many better insults she could have hurled. I'm truly sorry you have to live next to such jerks.

And wait, this was your neighbor's MOTHER?

What a nutcase, Lydia! I would be shaking too. I'm sorry you have to deal with all that stress and hassle.

The triplets comment was hilariously idiotic, btw.

What a nutcase, Lydia! I would be shaking too. I'm sorry you have to deal with all that stress and hassle.

The triplets comment was hilariously idiotic, btw.
    To me, it's almost as if she said, "Oh yeah? Well, I hope your children are healthy and happy! So there!"

No, believe me, triplets ARE a threat. You hear people all the time talking about wanting twins, but you never ever hear twin moms wishing they had triplets. Still, it's a ridiculously silly threat.

Maybe she was going to say something really cruel and thought better at the last minute?

I feel like it's totally equivalent to, "you're a stupid doo doo head!".

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I feel like it's totally equivalent to, "you're a stupid doo doo head!".
    hehe Reminds me of that chewing gum commercial: Who are you calling a cootie queen, you lint licker?!" hehe

Wow, Lydia. It does sound like it is time to get the police involved, or at least aware of the situation. I think it is wise to have them there when you give them the "proof" they keep screaming about. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that.

Situations like that always make me feel like "they" are walking around with bagloads of poop (not the word I would normally use here) and if they get close enough to someone else they throw it at you and run away. So you are left standing there holding someone else's of poop saying "This is not my poop! Why am I holding YOUR poop?" I hate when someone throws their stupid poop at me.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I confess that I just finished a project for charity - it was fun, but I felt very put upon because they asked me to paint a pot in the style of my eggs for an art auction, but they asked me three weeks before Easter! I'm already and now I have to put everything away to work on this! But I hope it will lead to more exposure to moneyed people who like to buy art, so I said yes.

Here it is if you are interested:

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

That's totally gorgeous.

Oh Lydia! What a nightmare! I'd almost take it that the woman isn't used to being mean-and she's heard so much crap from her family that she has an exceptionally low opinion of you (based on what she's heard) but she's just not used to hurling insults and threats so that's the best she could do. I hope when this is all cleared up she feels like crap for getting into something that's none of her business.

That pot is gorgeous! You're very talented!

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

I confess that I can't stop laughing at my husband, yet thinking he's a jerkface at the same time! He made this elaborate to-do list for himself, listing things that need done in each room of the house and he separated them into things that need to be done today and things that need to be done tomorrow. This little to-to list (well, not so little it's a page long, typed) is things that need cleaned and such in order to be ready for the baby shower at 2pm tomorrow.

Uhhhhh yeah, as I sit here looking at the to-do list, I'm also looking at him passed out on the couch!!!!!!!

I guess I had better get to working on some of this stuff....jerkface!
    Last edited by Janeen; 03-19-2010 at 10:13 PM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;