Page 297 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1972472872952962972982993073473977971297 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,910 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I confess that yesterday was 5 years since my father died. I'm still heartbroken about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that yesterday was 5 years since my father died. I'm still heartbroken about it.

I cannot imagine life without my dad.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    I had 2 c-sections followed by 2 vbacs. It can be done successfully!!! I'm sure you know that, but I'm just one more statistic you can use as an argument!! Bobbie and Jessica were both born via c-section (Jessica simply because I chickened out and screamed for a c-section knowing full well they'd give it to me. I'm still mad they did!) and then Sydney and Conner were natural.
    A friend of my moms was telling us the other day that her friend is pregnant with twins (her first pregnancy) and they are scheduling a c-section by her request "Because she's a wuss" I guess they promised her this section before she even got pregnant....

Bridget, I love your new siggy pic!!

Goodness, it is so hard to keep up with this chat if I miss it for a day or two!

I confess that I just finished my FAFSA and am almost done with my application to college! I decided on a B.A. in English while completing my pre-medical studies. I am so so excited!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    A friend of my moms was telling us the other day that her friend is pregnant with twins (her first pregnancy) and they are scheduling a c-section by her request "Because she's a wuss" I guess they promised her this section before she even got pregnant....
    Wow. That's a bit sad. I am all for women deciding what birth they want - to each his own and all that - but .. I just can't describe what I feel, lol. A c-section is harder to recover from than a vaginal birth. I know pain isn't for everyone, but I myself would never ASK for a c-section, or demand I have one before I even got pregnant. Just IMO.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Good for you for getting your FAFSA done and good for you for being excited about school. I want to warn you that my cousin got a B.A. in Spanish and was turned down for med school because she didn't have enough of a focus on medicine/science in her undergraduate work. I wouldn't want that to happen to you.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Good for you for getting your FAFSA done and good for you for being excited about school. I want to warn you that my cousin got a B.A. in Spanish and was turned down for med school because she didn't have enough of a focus on medicine/science in her undergraduate work. I wouldn't want that to happen to you.
    Hmm. I read in my med school book that medical schools don't care what your major is. Maybe her science GPA wasn't up to snuff or she didn't finish all of her pre-med requirements? I dunno. I'll be working with a pre-med advisor and everything to make sure all my classes are acceptable for applying to medical school. But thank you for the warning; I'll be making sure to ask a lot of questions and make sure I'm taking everything I need.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I like that!

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    Hmm. I read in my med school book that medical schools don't care what your major is. Maybe her science GPA wasn't up to snuff or she didn't finish all of her pre-med requirements? I dunno. I'll be working with a pre-med advisor and everything to make sure all my classes are acceptable for applying to medical school. But thank you for the warning; I'll be making sure to ask a lot of questions and make sure I'm taking everything I need.
    Sounds like you're thinking everything through. I think she may have decided to apply to med school later after switching her major around a few times and she may not have had all the prereqs done. If you're working closely with the pre-med advisor and asking lots of questions I'm sure you'll be fine. In her case, she ended up getting a master's in anatomy/physiology and re-applied.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Sounds like you're thinking everything through. I think she may have decided to apply to med school later after switching her major around a few times and she may not have had all the prereqs done. If you're working closely with the pre-med advisor and asking lots of questions I'm sure you'll be fine. In her case, she ended up getting a master's in anatomy/physiology and re-applied.
    Oh, that's very nice! I thought about becoming a science major.. but although I am smart and study a lot, science doesn't come naturally to me as something I can grasp quickly, so I figured if I did a major that wasn't science oriented, I could focus on my non-science GPA and the pre-med GPA separate. If that makes sense.

Do you know what specialty your cousin decided on after medical school? And thank you for your input on this! I definitely want to make sure I don't miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    That's ridiculous. I can sorta understand the reasoning behind encouraging a 2nd c-section if you've already had one, but to just allow someone to do it because they want to? No friggin way.

I do wish my Dr would have tried to talk me through Jessica's delivery though. I was 18 or 19, Rich & I weren't together and I didn't have any lamaze or clue about what was going on. I was vomiting with each contraction, which I later learned was a sign I was getting close...but I really regret that it just took me crying for a c-section to get one. It should not be that simple, especially when the woman is in the midst of labor and starting to lose it. I could have been talked through it I think. I didn't even know what a doula was at the time, and my dr had me terrified of midwives so I never even consulted one.

Live and learn. At least I was able to have two vbacs after that. I'm very proud of myself for getting the facts and not being afraid to stand up for my rights. I really had to fight to have Conner (my 2nd vbac) naturally. The dr was against it, but I told him I was having Conner naturally, either at his hospital or somewhere else, I didn't care. I even told him if he scheduled a c-section for me I wouldn't show up for it.

That really shows how different I was as a person between 19 and 31. At this stage of my life, I don't do a single thing I don't wanna do.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

shutterbird Guest

I have to agree with all of the new siggys. Adorable!

I admit I do feel a slight bit hypocritical in my vbac stance...I really fought hard to have Conner naturally...yet, I'm currently scheduled to have breast augmentation 4/26. I realize having a BA is elective and totally unnecessary, but at the same time if I could just grunt really hard and push to have big boobs, I'd just do that.

I read what people said about Cass having a boob job, and I've thought long and hard about my own motivation for wanting breast augmentation. I can't really say I lack any self esteem...I'm actually really proud of my breasts. They've fed 4 children and still don't sag. They're perky and symmetrical and rather nice to look at...but I still want larger ones. I've looked at many before/after breast augmentation procedure pictures, and my own plastic surgeon exclaimed "Are you sure you want them done?" when he saw them...and yes, I do. I why? I don't know..I won't feel better about myself. I know that. I don't need them for any reason...I just want them & can afford it without anyone in this household going without...so...why not?

I've watched "Girls Next Door" & I do admire Playboy...but I didn't grow up seeing that. It's something I saw as an adult and thought..."that's beautiful!" I know I'm intelligent. I got my job with my smarts alone...I happen to think larger, round breasts are beautiful and I want them. So, I'm getting them. It's really as simple as that. I don't think they'll make me any better than I am today...it's really not about self esteem at all. I don't really know how to put it into words....

16. Default

Chrissy - I have never thought to compare something like a breast augmentation and a c-section.....

Well, I fought really hard to have Conner naturally and one of the arguments I used with the Dr was that a c-section was unnecessary surgery. It's not lost on me how a BA would be unnecessary surgery as well, but I'm willing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    Well, I fought really hard to have Conner naturally and one of the arguments I used with the Dr was that a c-section was unnecessary surgery. It's not lost on me how a BA would be unnecessary surgery as well, but I'm willing to do it.
    Well, technically it is necessary if you want bigger boobs.

I agree with this.

Boobies!

Now I am thinking about breast surgery. Bigger boobs would make my stomach look smaller, right?

I would kill for smaller boobs.

Too bad we can't trade. LOL

You wouldn't want mine, though. They're droopy and sad these days.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Darn it, does that mean all those chest exercises while repeating "I must, I must, I must increase my bust" won't work?

Beware all bigger booby lovers...a B cup at 20 may be small, but a B cup at 40 looks more like a big C...(JME)
    I don't know why- the bra is the same size...it just is...

Hello
    ...and Chrissy...do I dare ask you to post pics after? LMAO
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

You can ask Julie. lol

I confess I need to stay off the internet when I'm drinking.

28. Default

ok Chrissy... I thought about this all morning and here is my take --

The c-section thing -- It is an elective surgery, for a process that our bodies were designed to do naturally. Plus you are not only putting yourself at risk, but also the baby you are carrying...

The boobs - It's just you, and its to enhance what your body HAD naturally...

That probably makes no sense.. but I still see them differently.. Even if they are both elective

I agree, Ashley.

I meant to say before, that's totally exciting Chrissy! What cup size are you aiming for? You have to post before & after pics.
    Last edited by MammaMia; 03-14-2010 at 02:17 PM.

On another topic, I need more of you secular ladies on my facebook!