Page 293 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1932432832912922932942953033433937931293 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,790 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

1. Default

ooh Bridget! Thats so tough.

I'm sorry Bridget.

I'm so sorry, Bridget love.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that my dad just sent me an email about my mom that is making me scared. She is going to start a clinical trial cancer treatment through the UW Madison. He pretty much said if this does not work that he's going to quit his job and she is going to quit treatment and they are just going to live until she's done living.
    I don't want to lose my mom you guys. I am so not prepared. I need her. My kids need their grandma. They love her so much. I am nowhere near ready for this.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Bridget, I'm so sorry.

Lydia, did you pick Soren? Love it!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Bridget, I am so sorry. I am hoping the clinical trial helps her.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Lydia, did you pick Soren? Love it!
    Mostly. I had to sit dh down last night and remind him (again) that my deadline for a name was 30 weeks. He was not happy, and said if we waited until we were in the hospital we'd be in exactly the same situation, but he'd have more time to look around at names first to make sure he wasn't missing a superb one. I reminded him that he's had 25 weeks to look and hasn't yet, so why would another 9 weeks make a difference? If I didn't know how excited he was, I'd be worried that he's not that into this baby. But I know my dh, and I know he is just a procrastinator, which is why I gave him the 30-week deadline.

So we ran down our short list of favorites, and I started out with pros and cons of each name. He agreed with me, and we weeded out everything except Cole and Soren. And then we both agreed that if we had to pick right then, we'd pick Soren. But he still wants to look around a little bit, and we could change our minds if he finds something spectacular. I think this might actually be one of the hardest parts of having a baby, at least for me.

I have given him two more weeks for the middle name deadline.

And btw, this kind of procrastination is the reason I handle all appointments, ordering, refills, finances, and car maintenance in our house.

I am so disorganized and such a procrastinator. I think I need to hire Lydia to come and tell me what to do when! It's going to be rough with DH gone for a year, although he's just as bad as I am.

Jimi is definitely the keep things together person in this relationship.

shutterbird Guest

Bridget, I'm so sorry. Sending good vibes to your mom!

Soren is adorable, Lydia. I think it goes really well with Ronin (and Claire! )

Oh Bridget. I'm so sorry. I had this discussion with my mom too. She said if her cancer ever came back, she'd not go through the treatments and just live her life until there was no life left.

Lydia, love Soren.

I confess that I am a bit disappointed with my measurements taken today. My trainer was very happy, but I'm so used to pulling big numbers that seeing such small numbers for me really has me bummed out. This month I lost only 5.75 pounds, 5.35 inches, and gained one pound of lean muscle. Compared to last month where I lost like 11 pounds and 9.75 inches. But I have to come to terms that I am nearing my goal and eventually I'll stop losing all together.

DH used to keep everything together but now I feel like he doesn't remember anything. It feels like maybe since Josh was born he's just totally overwhelmed. I write things on the calendar and he still doesn't remember. I am a terrible procrastinator and I'm absent minded so it's difficult for both of us to be that way now.

Lydia! I love the name.
    Jenny, I think I can imagine how you must feel. You have been losing so much so consistently. BUT like you said, you are going to start to taper off now that you are nearing your goal. I'm so glad we get to share this journey with you. It's pretty incredible.

I'm feeling really irritated tonight. Maybe it's just because I'm frustrated with DH being gone and AF is coming - or not - but I'm just thinking back about something that happened earlier and I'm getting more and more irritated about it.

My mom is retired and sometimes she comes in and volunteers at my school. There is a teacher's aide in one of the classes who I like very much but she just seems a little short with the kids and my mom is always bothered by it. We were talking about it, and how one of the other aides said that after following our kids around all day, she really felt like they were her own children. I mentioned this just because it showed the difference in the two personalities.

My mom said to me, "Well, she has children so she knows what that feels like to become attached to the kids but X doesn't have kids so she isn't like that."

Excuse me?? How insensitive of her to say that to me, knowing how attached I am to my kids and how long I have been TTC. I did point out that I didn't have kids but I felt the same way, and she did backtrack, but she didn't apologize and I really don't think she understood how much that hurt me.

I apologize ... I know things could be a lot worse, but it just got to me tonight.

Sorry Mandy I can see how you'd be hurt by that comment.

My mom called me last night & said she needs a biopsy on her breast done next week. I instantly thought of Bridget and Erin and my heart plummeted.

Mama to Bobbie 20 ~ Jesi 18 ~ Syd 14 ~ Conner 6
    I'm gonna be a Gramama! Jesi is due 11/22/13

Mandy, I don't think you are being insensitive. I can really understand why that would hurt your feelings. I'm sure that was not your mom's intention but it doesn't make it less hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by missychrissy View Post
    My mom called me last night & said she needs a biopsy on her breast done next week. I instantly thought of Bridget and Erin and my heart plummeted.
    I'll be hoping for the best results possible.
    Cancer is seriously like a mutating monster that stalks everyone. It feels like I hear of a new case weekly.

I'm trying to stay positive, but there's no family history of breast cancer on her side of the family. It should make me feel better, except that breast cancer can be a side effect of the anti-psychotic medications she's taken for the last 20 years. So yeah...I'm a bit worried because of that.

I'm so sorry to both of you, Bridget & Chrissy.

I confess that I'm feeling really discouraged looking for a job at a daycare centre. I haven't seen a suitable position advertised in weeks. I don't know whether I should try to hold out a bit longer, or just get a job wherever until something better comes along.

I just hate the idea of starting a job, knowing I'm not planning to stay.

Oh no, Chrissy!

Ugh. Chrissy, think of the other side, ME. I had to have a biopsy done before I was pregnant with O and it turned out to be a benign, fluid-filled cyst. It's equally as possible that that's what's up with your mom. Hang in there.

I confess that I've now had two vivid dreams that this baby is a boy. For those of you who know me, I have crazy dreams that are about 100% accurate. Dreamed the sex of both of my boys in the same way, and dreamed that Jasper had a cord issue (which was also unfortunately true). Dreamed that I was miscarrying two out of three times.

So, I'm certain this is a boy and will be surprised if it's not. But I have no BOY NAMES!!!

Lydia, Soren is my FAVORITE (of your names). I love it.

I'm trying to stay positive, but there's no family history of breast cancer on her side of the family. It should make me feel better, except that breast cancer can be a side effect of the anti-psychotic medications she's taken for the last 20 years. So yeah...I'm a bit worried because of that.
    My mommy was diagnosed with breast cancer at around age 60. It shocked us all because like you, there was noooooo family history.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I used to assist with breast biopsies. It is really scary to think about the possibilities, but about 90% of them were completely and totally benign. Chrissy, I hope your mom is one of the lucky ones!

Stacy, are you hoping for a boy? Or do you have an opinion, besides the naming difficulty (which I know oh so well)? I'm really glad our dreams weren't accurate at predicting babies--dh dreamed that I had a litter of calico kittens when I was pregnant with the twins.

Lydia - I dreamed that I gave birth to a cat, and that I was breastfeeding said cat.

I repeatedly dreamed about having a boy when I was pregnant with Mia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    dh dreamed that I had a litter of calico kittens when I was pregnant with the twins.

I never had dreams about my delivery or my children during my pregnancies. I had loads of dreams about smoking cigarettes. I never craved them during the day but I would always have dreams of myself taking exquisite drags off of a cigarette.

Lydia, I really don't care either way. On one hand I figure this is my last baby, it would be nice to be mom to a girl, too, in this lifetime. The other hand says I love being mom to a boy and wouldn't two sons be so fun? So no, no opinion really.

I'm convinced that my dreams are biologically-based. My gender dreams always occur right at the same time, when the "boy genes" kick in and start changing the biological structure of the fetus. And with the other dreams, well, there's biological basis for those, too... DH has always been wrong about gender

Stash, that's freaky about your dreams but I could see that hormones might be a factor. Now I'm really curious if you're having a boy.

I confess I'm feeling depressed about DH being gone and I kind of picked a fight with him on the phone tonight. He sent me a very apologetic email now I feel bad about it. It was a rough day, including 20 minutes on the floor with a 9 year old who was wailing like an infant the whole time. Seriously, my co-worker told me later she thought there was a 6 month old baby in my office and came out to hear what was happening. She told me I was an excellent therapist for the way I dealt with it. It felt really good to hear that considering how down I've been.