Page 29 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139791295291029 ... LastLast

Thread: Secular Confessions

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

So some of you may remember me posting about the lovely framed scripture Eric's great aunt gave us for Easter. I tried to pawn it off on about 20 people and no one wanted it. So the other day I walk out into the garage and see this:

I turn to Eric and said "what the heck is that doing on my wall?" and he said "I couldn't just throw it away! It was a gift!" and I said "so don't throw it away! Give it away! Donate it! Put it in a drawer, but don't hang it on my wall!" and he said "it's the garage! No one will see it!" and I said "I WILL AND IT'S MY HOUSE!" He just totally doesn't get it. I mean, if it were 1 Corinthians or some other nice quote that didn't say anything about Jesus or God, that would be one thing. But it's about sleep or something and it's in the garage! That doesn't even make any sense!

Let the kids draw on it.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    Elmobo!! Miss you!
    Seriously. Operation Elimanate All Liberal Secularits is in full swing.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Cass, I am laughing so hard I'm choking over here, over that quote in the garage...Really though maybe just put it in your car (it's already so close, you know) and next time you see a yard sale offer to donate it.

So what the hell happened?

I confess that I'm confused elmobo is gone!

I confess I'm about to go eat a doughnut and try to figure out where she's gone off to.

WTH went down?? I'm so lost.

Not cool. I want Ash back! Was Corrie secular too? Because if so this is getting **** ridiculous. Stash, AnnieEek, Elmobo. Others that I'm forgetting because I'm too annoyed to remember right now.
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

shutterbird Guest

WTH did Ashley go?!!?!?!

shutterbird Guest

Cass, take it down and if he asks, claim a squirrel got in the garage and ran off with it. Totally believable. Uh huh.

Ya Corrie was over here too. I know Angela left b/c of the religious issues, but I don't think any of the others did. Sigh.

I know that not all left due to religious reasons, but it still decreased our community.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that DH sent me this picture in an email and it made me giggle...

You go Mister Protester!
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Either I'm really naive or I'm not reading the right posts because I hardly ever get offended around here unless I really read between the lines or get lost and click on Christian instead of secular. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KateS View Post
    Either I'm really naive or I'm not reading the right posts because I hardly ever get offended around here unless I really read between the lines or get lost and click on Christian instead of secular. LOL
    I second that. It's my go with the flow F off nature I suppose lol
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Ya, that's sort of how I feel too. But I am probably naive.

I hardly get offended either unless its strictly a personal attack. Think it has something to do with lack of religion? One less thing to be worry about and get offended over?

shutterbird Guest

Yep, me too - obviously. I thought all was gravy lately. I wonder why she left. Does anybody have her e-mail?

In my experience the craziness goes down sometimes in the AP/Trad parenting folders, but you gals are right - there hasn't been anything recently?
    Last edited by WillowSpy; 05-13-2009 at 01:24 PM.

Just a note: By the F off nature I didn't mean I'm like F off to everyone

But if someone is messing with me or it even seems that way I'm just like mmhmmm F off see ya later dillweed, online or offline!

That hasn't happened on APA at all though. However, I did get the infamous "It will happen when God knows your ready" and while I kind of wanted to give a F off...I just moved on

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Yep, me too - obviously. I thought all was gravy lately. I wonder why she left. Does anybody have her e-mail?
    I dont have her email but she is on myspace and facebook...

22. Default

I confess I went to get my verification of pregnancy for medicaid today, and got church counseling.... I didn't know it was a church owned clinic, and I marked on the paper that I was not involved in church

I confess that...

I confess that DH sends me goofiest of pictures via email quite often

I confess that I want an explanation of stephmama's APA picture in her siggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    So some of you may remember me posting about the lovely framed scripture Eric's great aunt gave us for Easter. I tried to pawn it off on about 20 people and no one wanted it. So the other day I walk out into the garage and see this:

I turn to Eric and said "what the heck is that doing on my wall?" and he said "I couldn't just throw it away! It was a gift!" and I said "so don't throw it away! Give it away! Donate it! Put it in a drawer, but don't hang it on my wall!" and he said "it's the garage! No one will see it!" and I said "I WILL AND IT'S MY HOUSE!" He just totally doesn't get it. I mean, if it were 1 Corinthians or some other nice quote that didn't say anything about Jesus or God, that would be one thing. But it's about sleep or something and it's in the garage! That doesn't even make any sense!
    Ok, I can see the picture now and read the quote. WTF does that even mean?

I confess that I want an explanation of stephmama's APA picture in her siggy.

I went to APA a while back. And I love Lina (Lillismom). She let me lay my head on her booby pillows.

I confess that...

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Ok, I can see the picture now and read the quote. WTF does that even mean?
    That's what I was thinking. Honestly, I think you should attach a really funny story to the back of it and pack it up for your kids and grandkids to be amused by when they come across it over the years.

And does anyone have Corrie's email? I think I might but that means I have to go through 35 long a$$ documents worth of saved pm's on my computer. I have her home address and figured I'd send her a card if I can't find her email. I miss her.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I went to APA a while back. And I love Lina (Lillismom). She let me lay my head on her booby pillows.
    I confess that it is my personal opinion that you look super young. I had to look it up on your profile and was very surprised that you're only a year younger than me! lol