Page 281 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1812312712792802812822832913313817811281 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,430 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh yes. It's hard, because we really DO talk about those things in our house. He's constantly telling me whether or not his "pees are clear" or telling me that he just had a "fine, multi-colored poop" and I think it's important for him to observe those things. But it's a little harder to teach him TACT with other people.

LOL
    Josh is obsessed with his potty books--I bought a couple cute ones the other day. He wants to read them wherever we go. I had to read them to him in my doctor's office the other day. I was wondering if anyone was grossed out by hearing about the potty train and pirate pee and poop.

3. Default

I confess I had a dream last night that my mom, the girls and I were at my work.. and for some reason we had my laundry in our shopping cart. We were talking to the guy I work with that I kinda like, and all of a sudden my mom pulls a pair of my underwear out of the basket and shows him!

I confess I woke up MORTIFIED!!

ROFL
    Sounds like the kind of dreams I have.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Yes, Lydia, how often DO you meet people for the first time whilst covered in mud?

How often do you use the word whilst, for that matter? Great word!

I confess DH is deploying to Afghanistan in a few months. He is transferring into another state's National Guard so he can go, and he is set up to go be sworn in tomorrow. So it looks like it is definitely going to happen.
    I have met people whilst covered with mud on several occasions. It is considerably less awkward with clothes on. I have used "whilst" twice today.

I am glad that your dh has got a plan and a direction, but sad for both of you that it has to be so far away and so scary.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    Oh yes. It's hard, because we really DO talk about those things in our house. He's constantly telling me whether or not his "pees are clear" or telling me that he just had a "fine, multi-colored poop" and I think it's important for him to observe those things. But it's a little harder to teach him TACT with other people.
    I'm not even trying the tact part yet, but the twins are very good at noticing the color of their pees and the size of their poops. I hear a lot of exclamations about how yellow it is or how big it is.

Mylah was great! I think I'm going to post the pictures in NM. I was so happy she came over.

Just when I thought the bedtime issues were maybe, finally, done..Josh now wants 5,000 pillows and blankets in his bed and keeps calling me saying he needs to go pee. I don't want to discourage that of course but when he just unloaded it all before bed, it's just a bunch of false alarms.

I confess I'm sick of friends logging off or just disappearing off chat mid conversation.

Wow. I've read the stories of Savana and Oscar to DH and he's like .
    I'm sure we're thinking about what sorts of things might come out of Liam's mouth later on, as my biology background is going to come out more as he gets older.

Jonathan was giving him a bath a couple days ago, and I don't remember what he said to Liam, but I walked past and told him: Call it what it is . . . a penis. Didn't embarrass him at all either, not that I was trying. He told me he would, as soon as Liam touched it again.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Josh calls his a peenee...which I'm okay with.

9. Default

I don't know what we are going to call girly parts... I kinda like Cass (Bean)'s name of "tweena" I HATE the word vagina...

The words penis and vagina don't bother me. We use those names. And it gets talked about a lot. Savana is dangerously close to asking just exactly how the daddy gets the seed into the mommy's egg. It goes back to me being totally fine with explaining that to her but figuring out how to let her know it's not for public convo.

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I don't know what we are going to call girly parts... I kinda like Cass (Bean)'s name of "tweena" I HATE the word vagina...
    Word. And feel free to use tweena. Almost everyone I know has picked up that word from being around me. In fact, my friend Dayna and I wrote a song about tweenas in high school.

Soooo... I'm thinking about piercing my nipples. I mean, why not? I think I'll wait until after I get my boob job, though. I feel like I went through my crazy rebellion phase way earlier than most people did and now that I'm a little more grown up (not much LOL) I'm realizing how much it suited me. I'm going to ask my dentist to file my eyeteeth back into points. My orthodontist filed them down and I hate them. I can't wait to get my next tattoo. My favorite color has and probably always will be black. It's just... me. So yeah. Nipples shall be pierced.

Go Bean!
    Are you really getting a boob job?

You go Cass! I actually wanted a nipple piercing when I was a teenager. I even tried to do it myself. I couldn't though...ouch!

I have considered a boob job myself. Not bigger, just fuller and perkier. I hate them so so much right now.
    But I have not ever considered a nipple piercing. Oh, I just shuddered. OW!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Word. And feel free to use tweena. Almost everyone I know has picked up that word from being around me. In fact, my friend Dayna and I wrote a song about tweenas in high school.

Soooo... I'm thinking about piercing my nipples. I mean, why not? I think I'll wait until after I get my boob job, though. I feel like I went through my crazy rebellion phase way earlier than most people did and now that I'm a little more grown up (not much LOL) I'm realizing how much it suited me. I'm going to ask my dentist to file my eyeteeth back into points. My orthodontist filed them down and I hate them. I can't wait to get my next tattoo. My favorite color has and probably always will be black. It's just... me. So yeah. Nipples shall be pierced.
    I have been thinking about redoing mine... but I feel weird going to a new piercer... I got everything pierced by the same person there in Fairbanks... but she's now in Palmer.. so even if I wanted to do it when I come up to visit sometime, I couldn't

Aw ladies, don't go hating on the boobies. No offense, but I'd spend the boob-job money working on your perspective on your own bodies, not on puffing up something that will inevitably sag and go south by your middle to old age, anyway. Bodies do what they do. They sag, they stretch, they age, they die. The sooner we accept them and love them for what they are, the sooner we can spend our hard earned money on important things.

Like a new countertop and sink in my kitchen.

And Oscar calls his penis "his peen" for short. I'm cool with that. I'm interested to see what he asks and doesn't ask about sperm and eggs (we've explained that daddy's sperm comes to mommy's egg and it makes a baby seed, which hopefully, turns into a baby and then mommy gives birth).

But he hasn't asked where the baby comes out, or how the sperm gets IN.

Aw ladies, don't go hating on the boobies. No offense, but I'd spend the boob-job money working on your perspective on your own bodies, not on puffing up something that will inevitably sag and go south by your middle to old age, anyway. Bodies do what they do. They sag, they stretch, they age, they die. The sooner we accept them and love them for what they are, the sooner we can spend our hard earned money on important things.

I'm with you there. I just can't spend that much time and energy on my body. Not after gaining a ton, losing a ton, gaining some back....yeah as long as I look ok with clothes ON....I'm cool with it. My DD's are not full and not perky (not sure they ever were).

I avoid surgery at all costs and do not like altering the body....no tattoos or any piercings on me (course I did alter my digestive track....but that wasn't an easy decision and one that took over a year of research to make).

Though I have to admit that I'm very lucky to have a DH who loves me at any size and finds fake bb's a turn off. We did talk about doing some plastic surgery after the gastric bypass but decided the risks, pain and money were not worth it.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Word! I'm not a boob girl myself. When I'm not pregnant, I do like to be slim, but I've never been bothered about what my boobs look like!

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I miss Maggie, too. Maggie! Where are you?

And I just realized Willowspy is 37 weeks now. I am very excited for her.

MammaMia, I cannot imagine a do-it-yourself nipple piercing. Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow. Were you drunk?

Stacy, I'm anxiously awaiting your us results. Probably not as much as you, but close.

I have way too many things to spend money on besides cosmetic surgery too, but there are things I would consider doing without actually hating the way they are now. Property taxes, childcare, a new faucet, resurfacing our deck, insulation, vacations... sigh. I feel like I'm always juggling wants vs needs.

I would never get a boob job, though I used to contemplate boob REDUCTION surgery. I'm happy in my boob skin as well. DH's only complaint is that he misses them and wants his access back.

If I had any sort of cosmetic type surgery, it would probably be a tummy tuck after major weight loss. I don't know how I'd ever exercise off my "baby shelf" of flab on my lower stomach.

ETA: and the only thing that shall ever be pierced on me is my ears. and probably no more (3 in left, 2 in right)

We Have A Heartbeat!!!

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Go Bean!
    Are you really getting a boob job?
    Hells yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    You go Cass! I actually wanted a nipple piercing when I was a teenager. I even tried to do it myself. I couldn't though...ouch!
    I pierced my left nipple myself in high school. It kept getting caught on my bra or my shirt so I took it out before it was even healed. What a waste.

As for saving the money and feeling better about myself... this is HOW I'm going to feel better about myself. Eric doesn't want me to get the surgery. I want to! I'm doing this for me. I have way too many issues that can't be fixed with surgery and I will work on those myself, but this is something I can do for ME that will help my self esteem and make me feel pretty again. I don't want to accept that I'm going to look like a saggy stretchmarked old person when I'm 26 years old.

OMG, I don't even like my nipples being touched much (DH learned fast to be gentle). I cannot even being to imagine piercing them! Yikes.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

We Have A Heartbeat!!!
    Awesome!!!

shutterbird Guest

After having big boobs, the back pain, the shirts that don't fit right, rare access to sexy bras, etc.... no thanks! I'm with Sunrider.... I'd get my Mommy Shelf chopped off (after losing all of this weight, of course).

Oh and GO CASS with your badass nipple-piercing self!

I confess my nipples really hurt now.

We Have A Heartbeat!!!

Only one?

We Have A Heartbeat!!!

Yay stash!