Page 280 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1802302702782792802812822903303807801280 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,400 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm getting the fat girl to shut up with a bowl of ice cream with crushed up Golden Double Stuffed Oreos. Shut up, fat girl!

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    I'm getting the fat girl to shut up with a bowl of ice cream with crushed up Golden Double Stuffed Oreos. Shut up, fat girl!

I wish I had my doritos

LOL
    I confess I thank goodness I don't have a sweet tooth. I can't imagine how fat I'd be if I like cheese, salty foods AND desserts. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post

I wish I had my doritos
    My weakness is Oke Dokie Cheese popcorn...just that brand. I can take out the bag in 1-2 sittings.

Sadly or probably thankfully, it seems that they can't get it on this side of the state. I don't understand why but none of the stores carry it. So now I only get it a few times a year if that when I go back down to the Milwaukee area or they come up by me and remember to bring a bag.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    LOL
    I confess I thank goodness I don't have a sweet tooth. I can't imagine how fat I'd be if I like cheese, salty foods AND desserts. LOL
    I'm not deserts or salty. Dh loves salty...nuts, chex mix and goldfish we have to buy at Sam's.

Me, I LOVE my carbs. Breads, potatoes, and PASTA!!!! OMG I could eat pasta 3 days a day every day. I'm trying to lose weight and that is one thing I have cut out is having a half box of pasta as my entire meal (buttered and maybe a bit of parm cheese). I'm not allowing it unless it's with a meat/cheese and veggies. And measuring out 1-2 cups per meal.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh yeah...I love pasta too!

I confess...one of my cars won't start. It's almost certainly the battery but we can't jump it since it's in the garage and it's a tight 1 car garage. Dh doesn't want to deal with it until Friday when he is off work. We work off shifts and generally just use the one car so the other tends to sit too long and this isn't the first time the battery has died and we needed AAA to come out.

I confess my DOG wet the bed last night. I don't know why so I'm a bit worried. She is 6.5 and potty trained for pretty much 6.5 years. I know she went at least an hour before bed and she has a litter box....which I know she will go downstairs and use even at 2am. But last night at 11 I was in the bathroom getting ready and she was waiting in bed...and it was wet when i got back. Had to change sheets and pull off the comforter...which is a king so now we have visit the laundromat and use the big huge drums and pay close to $10 to clean and dry.
    I haven't seen any blood so thinking no to UTI...she has one once and I did know because I saw some blood.
    She has had one known seizure a little over a year ago....so maybe she had a small one last night and lost control? I don't know. Tonight I will make SURE she at least tries right before we go upstairs.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I hope your doggie is okay!
    DH's car died too...we had jumper cables. But it happened again, so he took it to the shop and had to spend quite a bit of money to get it back up to par. It was my first car, a '98 Corolla, and I'll be sad to part with it, but I think it's almost time!

Oh I hope your dog is okay!
    I love salty and I love carbs. I bake so much for the daycare and it's really hard for me to not just inhale things like muffins and fresh bread.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I hope your doggie is okay!
    DH's car died too...we had jumper cables. But it happened again, so he took it to the shop and had to spend quite a bit of money to get it back up to par. It was my first car, a '98 Corolla, and I'll be sad to part with it, but I think it's almost time!
    this is the 2002 Pt Cruiser. DH LOVES his car so much that it sits in the garage and doesn't get driven as much as I think it should. We do have cables...only problem is we can't reach the engine because it's in the garage.

Thanks, I'm not overly concerned about Cosmo. It was a weird thing but she has been acting herself.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh I hope your dog is okay!
    I love salty and I love carbs. I bake so much for the daycare and it's really hard for me to not just inhale things like muffins and fresh bread.
    thanks!

I'm generally ok with muffins but man do I LOVE bread. I like cheese...and pasta, even leftover cold pasta. So hard but trying for sure to cut back. At least most of the bead I eat is really good whole grain (they mill it fresh themselves).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I've been cheating on you with Miss Manners.

I absolutely love this Social Disasters advice. I do believe I actually guffawed.

13. Default

Thanks
    Ashley! I really can't believe B is being this way! Was he always so selfish or is it only since the break up? Maybe I'm just having a brain fart but I don't recall you complaining about him too much before. Ugh. How terrible. I look at that picture in your siggy and cannot fathom how he couldn't just want to do everything and anything for those two beautiful little girls.
    Honestly, yes... He was always very selfish (I had to spend my birthday money from my parents on his bail money because he went out partying while I was at home with Audrianna......) but I kinda just put up with it, and hoped maybe once Charlie was born things would be better....

A song came on the radio earlier
    I've got all I need
    And it's alright by me
    I just belted it out with the radio, cause I'm coming to the place where I am totally alright with my life. I have the girls, a roof over my head, food in my tummy (and theirs) and I don't need B, nor his money...

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    thanks!

I'm generally ok with muffins but man do I LOVE bread. I like cheese...and pasta, even leftover cold pasta. So hard but trying for sure to cut back. At least most of the bead I eat is really good whole grain (they mill it fresh themselves).
    Im a sucker for pasta too... and bread, but surprisingly I can pass on muffins super easily...but put some banana bread, or pumpkin bread.... ooooh, or zucchini bread in front of me... and you better not be expecting to get some back... its BAD!

I confess today was my first tuesday off, that also happened to be a meeting of the knitting club (if you remember knitting club was my only social interaction when we lived here before..) so I got to go see all my knitting ladies. I them!

It was also the hostesses 70th anniversary of coming to America. She is an author and trying to get her book of childhood stories published, so she read some of them to us. There were a few that brought tears to my eyes, especially when she told us about the note from her parents she found in her flute when she was sent to live with her aunt in Holland. They wrapped up all their diamonds in a note telling her to hide them, and only sell them in case of an emergency, and grow up to be a beautiful woman... (she was only 10 at the time..)

Then when she was 11, they made it to America, and a group of boys followed her into an elevator, and ended up beating her up, and raping her... When her mother saw how bruised she was, she took her to the hospital, and the Dr basically said "She's a pretty girl.. It was going to happen eventually....."
    Last edited by The10Eels; 02-23-2010 at 10:25 PM.

shutterbird Guest

That's horrible, Ashley. I hate that people have to go through that...

I confess... somebody just shoot me already. My mouth is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post

I absolutely love this Social Disasters advice. I do believe I actually guffawed.
    Hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    Honestly, yes... He was always very selfish (I had to spend my birthday money from my parents on his bail money because he went out partying while I was at home with Audrianna......) but I kinda just put up with it, and hoped maybe once Charlie was born things would be better....

A song came on the radio earlier
    I just belted it out with the radio, cause I'm coming to the place where I am totally alright with my life. I have the girls, a roof over my head, food in my tummy (and theirs) and I don't need B, nor his money...

Im a sucker for pasta too... and bread, but surprisingly I can pass on muffins super easily...but put some banana bread, or pumpkin bread.... ooooh, or zucchini bread in front of me... and you better not be expecting to get some back... its BAD!

I confess today was my first tuesday off, that also happened to be a meeting of the knitting club (if you remember knitting club was my only social interaction when we lived here before..) so I got to go see all my knitting ladies. I them!

It was also the hostesses 70th anniversary of coming to America. She is an author and trying to get her book of childhood stories published, so she read some of them to us. There were a few that brought tears to my eyes, especially when she told us about the note from her parents she found in her flute when she was sent to live with her aunt in Holland. They wrapped up all their diamonds in a note telling her to hide them, and only sell them in case of an emergency, and grow up to be a beautiful woman... (she was only 10 at the time..)

Then when she was 11, they made it to America, and a group of boys followed her into an elevator, and ended up beating her up, and raping her... When her mother saw how bruised she was, she took her to the hospital, and the Dr basically said "She's a pretty girl.. It was going to happen eventually....."
    Soooo sad.

I'm glad you're reaching a place of acceptance of where you are. You are amazing and I'm so glad you have what you need.

I confess I'm also a sucker for carbs, especially anything containing potatoes. Also anything sweet.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    This made me LOL.

I'm sorry B is being such a tool. You're kicking major ass as a single mother!

Ahh, Mia is so cute! I asked her to kiss me goodbye yesterday, and she got a very intense look on her face and proceeded to give me a big kiss whilst waving at the same time - her personal interpretation of a "kiss goodbye". She did it again this morning. It's so funny to see the things she comes up with.

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I confess my DOG wet the bed last night. I don't know why so I'm a bit worried. She is 6.5 and potty trained for pretty much 6.5 years. I know she went at least an hour before bed and she has a litter box....which I know she will go downstairs and use even at 2am. But last night at 11 I was in the bathroom getting ready and she was waiting in bed...and it was wet when i got back. Had to change sheets and pull off the comforter...which is a king so now we have visit the laundromat and use the big huge drums and pay close to $10 to clean and dry.
    I haven't seen any blood so thinking no to UTI...she has one once and I did know because I saw some blood.
    She has had one known seizure a little over a year ago....so maybe she had a small one last night and lost control? I don't know. Tonight I will make SURE she at least tries right before we go upstairs.
    Our rat terrier pees in our bed appx once a year. We think it's dominance and jealousy issues, but have no idea. Always a pain to deal with.

Hmmm, I would love me some BBQ'd Ox right now. That was awesome.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    :
    Our rat terrier pees in our bed appx once a year. We think it's dominance and jealousy issues, but have no idea. Always a pain to deal with.

That is weird. I don't know what her problem was. Usually she is a pretty passive submissive dog. And since we don't sleep together (I'm on first shift and DH works 3rd), she doesn't usually have to share. She sleeps with him during the day and with me at night. The times DH does sleep at night with us, she loves to snuggle in between (at times it almost sounds like she is purring!).

At least last night was fine. And the comforter did need to be washed.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that Savana keeps me working with her constant questions. I have a boy here at the daycare who's dad is a smoker. He has just started to drop him off as opposed to mom and the first couple of mornings he came in Savana was like, "PEW. What is that smell? MOM, do you smell that? Is H poopy? What IS that?" So then they leave and Savana asks me why does H's dad always smell weird. I told her that he smokes cigarettes and sometimes when people smoke cigarettes the smells stick to their clothes and hair and then you can smell it on them when they come in the room. I also tell her that it is not polite to say something about the way that someone smells and if she wants to talk to me about it later that's fine but we don't want to make H or his dad feel bad. She asks me about a million questions about why H's dad smokes if it's disgusting.
    Next day dad comes in. Savana walks over to him and takes a huge sniff. She looks at me and says, shaking her head, "Yup. Cigarettes." Then she puts her finger to her lips like it's just between her and I even though she has just said it outloud.
    He acted totally ashamed. He barely makes eye contact with me as it is. I just tried to give him a warm I-don't-judge-you-sorry-about-that smile.
    It's tough because I always give her honest answers without thinking ahead to the fact that she will say something outloud later.

I confess that Savana keeps me working with her constant questions. I have a boy here at the daycare who's dad is a smoker. He has just started to drop him off as opposed to mom and the first couple of mornings he came in Savana was like, "PEW. What is that smell? MOM, do you smell that? Is H poopy? What IS that?" So then they leave and Savana asks me why does H's dad always smell weird. I told her that he smokes cigarettes and sometimes when people smoke cigarettes the smells stick to their clothes and hair and then you can smell it on them when they come in the room. I also tell her that it is not polite to say something about the way that someone smells and if she wants to talk to me about it later that's fine but we don't want to make H or his dad feel bad. She asks me about a million questions about why H's dad smokes if it's disgusting.
    Next day dad comes in. Savana walks over to him and takes a huge sniff. She looks at me and says, shaking her head, "Yup. Cigarettes." Then she puts her finger to her lips like it's just between her and I even though she has just said it outloud.
    He acted totally ashamed. He barely makes eye contact with me as it is. I just tried to give him a warm I-don't-judge-you-sorry-about-that smile.
    It's tough because I always give her honest answers without thinking ahead to the fact that she will say something outloud later.
    Well, on the bright side, maybe you won't have to worry about her becoming a smoker later in life, right?

I think it's good she's curious about it now. I wish Josh would ask me questions about why it smells bad at the inlaws house.

Well I have to give dbf "credit" for that one. He's really vocal about what he thinks of smokers. I really don't love that he speaks of the people instead of the habit itself. I mean, yes, smoking is disgusting but smokers are not disgusting. My brother smokes. I smoked for years.
    I'm glad that she asks questions and I'm glad she thinks it's yucky. I just really don't want her to treat people with disdain.

3andMe is online now Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Savana is so cool!

I confess I've had a really crappy morning. Demigraf is coming over for a playdate in about 10 minutes. Two hours ago, I realized I didn't have hot water. I ran out of the house, down the steps, to the crawl space where the hot water heater is, and it's totally flooded. I spent about 15 minutes bailing it out and tried to light the pilot light, but it didn't light. There is still water everywhere and I'm up to my ankles in mud, I can't bend over very well because of my gigantic belly, and I hear little footsteps and yells above me. So I abandon it and run back upstairs (luckily they're both okay). I called my mom and asked her if she could come over and watch them while I try to deal with it.

Luckily my mom was available, and I just spent another half hour bailing out the water and kneeling in mud trying to get the pilot light lit. It worked! I came back inside and realized I had mud all over my clothes, my face, and my hair. I asked my mom if she could stay while I took a shower, and she said sure.

I turned on the water and realized my towels were in the wash and there was no hot water anyway. So I combed the mud out of my hair as best I could, washed my face, put on some clean clothes, and am now ready for my playdate.

The flooding was from all the rain we've been having.

I really hate dh being gone, but I don't think I'm going to tell him how difficult that was. He scoffed at me for the lightbulb.

Wow, big hugs Lydia. I'm sure Myles will completely understand and you two can laugh about it while the kids play. Tell her Hi from Krista in KC!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    Wow, big hugs Lydia. I'm sure Myles will completely understand and you two can laugh about it while the kids play. Tell her Hi from Krista in KC!
    I'm sure she will, too, but I always feel awkward meeting people for the first time whilst covered in mud. I actually thought if my mom couldn't make it that I'd have her just hang out in my living room with all the kids while I attempted it again.

I'm sure she will, too, but I always feel awkward meeting people for the first time whilst covered in mud..
    Always eh?

Yes, Lydia, how often DO you meet people for the first time whilst covered in mud?

How often do you use the word whilst, for that matter? Great word!

I confess DH is deploying to Afghanistan in a few months. He is transferring into another state's National Guard so he can go, and he is set up to go be sworn in tomorrow. So it looks like it is definitely going to happen.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I think Lydia probably uses the word whilst frequently.

Bridget, Savana sounds like Oscar. A million questions, and I'm always very thorough and forthright in my answers, but they bite me in the a$$ later on, sometimes. Or they involve further discussion after he's shared too much with other people... case in point... he was picking his nose this week and yelled "Boogers! Mama I had a booger that was really bothering me and I got it out! Yay!" I was driving. I was like "Hey that's great, dude. You must feel a lot better." He went on to tell me I needed to "take the booger" well I'm driving right, no hanky, said "Wipe it on your sock, buddy." He asks why, I say "Well, because that way it's somewhere where you're not likely to encounter it later where it might get all stuck on your hand again, and I don't really want you wiping it on the car seat."

So yesterday we're having coffee with a friend of mine and she's got a cold, blows her nose, and Oscar goes on to tell her that she must feel MUCH better, and that if she's ever without a hanky she can wipe her boogers on her sock, but not on the car seat.

Thanks, buddy. We talked later about how some people (luckily not this friend) find boogers, farts, poops, and pees to be a sort of a gross topic of conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by stash View Post
    I think Lydia probably uses the word whilst frequently.

Bridget, Savana sounds like Oscar. A million questions, and I'm always very thorough and forthright in my answers, but they bite me in the a$$ later on, sometimes. Or they involve further discussion after he's shared too much with other people... case in point... he was picking his nose this week and yelled "Boogers! Mama I had a booger that was really bothering me and I got it out! Yay!" I was driving. I was like "Hey that's great, dude. You must feel a lot better." He went on to tell me I needed to "take the booger" well I'm driving right, no hanky, said "Wipe it on your sock, buddy." He asks why, I say "Well, because that way it's somewhere where you're not likely to encounter it later where it might get all stuck on your hand again, and I don't really want you wiping it on the car seat."

So yesterday we're having coffee with a friend of mine and she's got a cold, blows her nose, and Oscar goes on to tell her that she must feel MUCH better, and that if she's ever without a hanky she can wipe her boogers on her sock, but not on the car seat.

Thanks, buddy. We talked later about how some people (luckily not this friend) find boogers, farts, poops, and pees to be a sort of a gross topic of conversation.
    Ah yes, Oscar and Savana would make fine friends.
    We had to have a serious discussion about how most people do not enjoy breaking down the similiarities between what she ate and how her poops looked that day.