Page 271 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261269270271272273 281 321 371 771 1271 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,130 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I'm surprised the other gym allows multiple kids on the trampoline, actually. Safety recommendations (even for my little, net-enclosed one at home) say no more than one child at a time. It can be easy to bounce out of control, or bounce just as the other person is bouncing and cause the extra-high bounce. Anyway, I would actually feel more comfortable with a gym that follows safety recommendations for equipment, even if I don't always follow them myself.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Janeen, have a wonderful day with your ultrasound and shopping!

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, too, because I finally did our dreaded taxes last night and we are getting a little refund and not having to pay like I was worried about. I wasn't sure how we were going to manage owing $.

What do you girls think of the name Molly? I think I might like it for a girl's name but I am not sure yet.

I confess I am in tears right now. One of my parents just showed up early to pick up her son. She lost her job that she moved over here for. She's moving out of state. She said they would not be back. She also said on the way over here she was thinking that she hates it in Wisconsin anyway but the hardest part would be how much her son loves me.
    I love him too. I can't believe I will likely never see him again. My heart is broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I'm surprised the other gym allows multiple kids on the trampoline, actually. Safety recommendations (even for my little, net-enclosed one at home) say no more than one child at a time. It can be easy to bounce out of control, or bounce just as the other person is bouncing and cause the extra-high bounce. Anyway, I would actually feel more comfortable with a gym that follows safety recommendations for equipment, even if I don't always follow them myself.

Maybe I'm not explaining it well--the trampoline is about a foot and a half off the ground and is actually about 15 feet long, maybe 5 feet wide. The kids are so little they don't jump high enough to knock someone else over. I just felt bad that the kids couldn't go jump at the other end of it or something. It felt sad to me that they had to watch one other kid having fun by himself. Isn't it more fun to jump with someone else?

I wonder if I'd feel differently if I didn't already go to the gym that allows more than one person on it. LOL

And I love the name Molly!
    Last edited by daylilies; 02-12-2010 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    What do you girls think of the name Molly? I think I might like it for a girl's name but I am not sure yet.
    I like the name Molly. Always have.

Oh Bridget that is too bad. But you were a great part of his life for however long he was there and that's awesome.

I like the name Molly.

Bridget, I think that would be one of the hardest parts about running a daycare--saying goodbye to your favorites. I'm so sorry.

I LOVE it. It's always been pretty high up on my list of all-time favorite names.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess I am in tears right now. One of my parents just showed up early to pick up her son. She lost her job that she moved over here for. She's moving out of state. She said they would not be back. She also said on the way over here she was thinking that she hates it in Wisconsin anyway but the hardest part would be how much her son loves me.
    I love him too. I can't believe I will likely never see him again. My heart is broken.
    I'm so sorry. That is so hard!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm sorry Bridget! It must be hard to say goodbye.

I like the name Molly too!

I confess that Mia & I have been stuck inside for 3 days straight (she's been sick) and we're FREAKING OUT with boredom.

Thanks for the opinions on the name, guys, I'm going to look and see if it's too popular, but I don't think it is.

Sorry, Bridget, about the little boy moving. The hardest part for me when I was a teacher was not seeing the kids after they graduated.

Bridget - Hugs woman. That's got to be hard.

I like the name Molly, too.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

My recent dictator boss (she wasn't always so) is always harping on us to manage our time, have good customer service and make sure we're accurate and correct in what we say and do.

I confess she just closed an email to a customer (I was cc'd), with
    Have a god weekend!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

LOL...a Freudian slip?

Ugh, I just looked and Molly is #32 in popularity in the UK...that's a bit too popular for me, I think.

I like the name Molly.

Bridget, sorry about the little boy.

Lydia, glad you are getting some money back! WooHoo!!

Kate, I'd feel more comfortable in a place that had rules in place like that for the trampoline. We had a place like that down here (it's out of business now) but they had strict rules in place and I'm sure that their workers moved my kids off the tramp more than once. I was glad that they did it before someone got hurt.

LOL...a Freudian slip?

Ugh, I just looked and Molly is #32 in popularity in the UK...that's a bit too popular for me, I think.
    Oh, that's not super common. What other names are on your list?

Madelyn was almost a Molly.

Bridget.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Oh, that's not super common. What other names are on your list?
    I also like Alison, Lucy, Kelsey and Louisa.

I also like Alison, Lucy, Kelsey and Louisa.
    Where do those fall on UK popularity? I like Alison and Lucy myself.

An ex-coworker of mine just had a little girl and her name is Mabel.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Alison, Louisa and Kelsey aren't in the top 100. Lucy, however, is like number 25. I like Alice as well but that's number 10. I'd like to go with something nice and a little American sounding, like Travis' name. It's not popular at all here but is where I'm from in Arkansas.

Meh...kids will get hurt..there were plenty of slides and ramps and things that had no rules..Josh was playing all by himself and fell and bumped his chin...I understand wanting to minimize accidents but they didn't even explain it to me even though I'd told them it was my first time there. They didn't say if the gym equipment was off limits (it's not, at our other gym) or anything so I basically learned by observing, and had to corral Josh the whole time. Wah wah wah, I know. Just go to the other gym. LOL
    I love all those girls names! Cute.

Alison, Louisa and Kelsey aren't in the top 100. Lucy, however, is like number 25. I like Alice as well but that's number 10. I'd like to go with something nice and a little American sounding, like Travis' name. It's not popular at all here but is where I'm from in Arkansas.
    I like all of them, though I've always had a soft spot of Lucy & Louisa.

From your list, Lucy is my favorite followed by Molly and Louisa.

I think Lucy, Louisa, and Alice sound more English. Alison and Kelsey sound more American to me.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Have you tried Nymbler.com? I entered Lucy and it gave me all of these other names:
    This list was generated from: Lucy.

Sophie, Charity, Reva, Molly, Rose, Rae, Clara, Stella, Tia, Grace, Sadie, Julia, Lydia (hah!), Lila, Ceil
    You can add other names to refine it, or pick names from the list they generate. Each name you can click on to find meanings, popularity, etc. I sent the site to my dh months ago, and he still hasn't done anything with it. I gave him until 30 weeks to decide on a name, and it looks like he'll need to send me an email from India because he's waiting until the last minute.

ETA: If you enter Alice, it brings up some names I love, like Abigail and Eleanor, which have been recently popular in the US.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 02-12-2010 at 07:28 PM.

I confess that this is copied and pasted from the May DD forum but here ya go ladies!

The whole experience was just amazing all around. We had about ten people total in the room with us that they had set up like a movie theater with a big wall sized tv screen. Then everyone at my work was watching it live online in the conference room at work, they saw everything as we saw it and they could even hear everything that was going (us talking).

We'll go ahead and start with the most impressive one...ALL of my coworkers and everyone at the ultrasound with us got to hear me say "I know what I'm looking at, those are testicles!!!!!!" His little butt (butt crack and all) is underneath and the testicles are right above)

And here are some of the face shots... we got tons of pictures and it was really hard to chose which ones to upload so I just went "there's a good one, ahhh that's a good one too"

A little smile for his paparazzi...

And See You Real Soooooooooooon!!!!!

Hopefully this will work...it's a short video of him flipping around...

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Janeen; 02-12-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Yay Janeen Love the pics!

Anyone else watching the opening ceremony for the Olympics? Good job Canada!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

He is a handsome little guy, Janeen! BTW, congrats on passing your glucose test!

I didn't watch the Olympics--still trying to catch up on yesterday's Survivor premiere.

Janeen, great pictures! I love the first one!

Jennifer, I'm watching right now as I browse. It's quite a show!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12