Page 269 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1692192592672682692702712793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,070 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    He was totally teasing me but ... yeah ... EWWWWWWWWWWWW. What am I doing still here and not in the shower? Oh, yeah, it's really cold.
    I'm the same way about showers. At night it's too cold and I'm too warm and cozy in my sweats. Then in the morning it's even colder. I have to force myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I'm the same way about showers. At night it's too cold and I'm too warm and cozy in my sweats. Then in the morning it's even colder. I have to force myself.
    This is me exactly. That said, I'm off to the shower. EWWWWW.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Shrimp hands!?! My DH would be in the dog house (I don't like any sea food though, even to eat, barf, so I'm probably extreme).

$300 for lego? Seriously, how much lego could this lady have? I might email back and offer $100 if its THE MOST AND BEST LEGO I HAVE EVER SEEN EVER. But other than that, forget it.
    Norah! (3 yr)

They certainly don't look like anything special to me but what do I know about legos? I went on ebay and some do sell for some stupid amounts of money but they are new in the box, I'm assuming collectibles or something.
    Her price on the title used to say $1 and now it says $300

http://madison.craigslist.org/tag/1593941363.html

I love taking a shower at night when I'm cold! I love to soak, and I bring my PJ's in the bathroom for when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I love taking a shower at night when I'm cold! I love to soak, and I bring my PJ's in the bathroom for when I'm done.
    Back now ... it was actually refreshing once I got the water to the right temperature! Just goes to show you, it's worth a struggle sometimes!

Dammit, now I feel pressured to take a shower.

Dammit, now I feel pressured to take a shower.
    Do it! Do it!

They certainly don't look like anything special to me but what do I know about legos? I went on ebay and some do sell for some stupid amounts of money but they are new in the box, I'm assuming collectibles or something.

That wouldn't even be $300 if you bought it new in the store. That woman's nuts.
    Last edited by stephmama; 02-10-2010 at 08:30 PM.

She's NUTS. There's just NO way that's worth $300. If she had all the boxes so your kid knew what it made and ALL the pieces were there, and there were a LOT AND they had diamonds in them. . . .$300 would *maybe* be OK.

Crazy lady.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Popping in here.
    First of all, $300? Srsly? She must mean rupees or something, 'cause that ain't nowhere NEAR 300 American $$ worth of Legos.

As for PTing, UGH! Griffin is nowhere close. They are so right about girls and boys being different. Lorelai was completely PT by this age. I mention the word "potty" around Griffin and he starts whining.

And now, for my confession. This past week has made me glad to be areligious. Is that a word? It should be. I would be seriously wondering what kind of a God is up there running things and probably praying to him, telling him he's getting too old, letting things slide and needs to start training his replacement. 'Cause ****.

12. Default

I confess the Fracking infection is back in my cheek.... WTF!?

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    $300 for some ****ing Legos!?! Are they gold plated?
    Just had to LOL at the gold plated Legos LOL again!!

Legos are actually really expensive if you get the boxed sets instead of getting them by the bucket. I have a Lego crazed nephew who is 12 and every year on his birthday and Christmas he gets a Lego set. The cheapest ones are at least $50 so I can see how she would want to get $300 for 45lbs of legos, but since she doesn't have the boxes or instructions, she is tripping to even think of getting that much.

Bridget, you should just go to Toys R Us and get a bucket of legos. I bought Ky 3 buckets of legos for $25. They have a bucket of 100 pieces for $10 usually. Kyro likes to copy off AJ, my nephew and is always interested in whatever AJ is interested in so he had a lego phase a while back. If you get some, beware of limping from stepping on little lego pieces. Ky is not allowed to bring legos out of his room now because we were constantly stepping on them, that and because Ellasyn is always all over the floor and will try to eat them and I don't want her to choke.

But that lady is crazy wanting $300. I'm thinking she must really need some money. She should sell a TV or video game or something though if she wants that much money.

Erin

Try Ebay Bridget. I was going to buy Duplo for Mia (before my mother bought us a ton), and they often have large batches going pretty cheap.

I confess that I went out to a pub quiz last night, and I managed to get really quite drunk off a mere 2 glasses of wine. WTH?? I hope I didn't look like a total ass. I guess that's what happens when you almost never drink. I'm also hungover this morning.

Haha...2 glasses of wine and I'd be passed out! I'm a cheap date as they say.

That's crazy about the leggos. That does remind me, though, that we need to look at taking a trip to LegoLand. Do they have a LegoLand in the US?

I'm thinking of starting to p/t Travis. I think I'll go get the equipment this weekend. What does everyone else think? Should I start before the new baby arrives or try a little bit afterwards?

Silverstar - there's no harm in trying now. We've had a potty forever, but Mia has only recently shown any willingness to use it. Just play it by ear.

Where in the UK are you, btw?

I'm up north where the friendly folk are in Yorkshire.

Oh cool. A lot of my family is from Yorkshire, if you go back a few generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Of course, I'm one to talk about drinking in the middle of the night. I drink 32 oz of water between when I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning. And I pay for it with 4-8 bathroom trips.

I have this problem too! I can't stand a dry mouth and I tend to drink quite a bit when I'm in bed. And then I am up quite a few times....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    He was totally teasing me but ... yeah ... EWWWWWWWWWWWW. What am I doing still here and not in the shower? Oh, yeah, it's really cold.
    But that is the best time for a super hot steamy shower.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Legos are NOT cheap. I used to buy sets for my sister back in the mid-90's and I usually paid $50 to 100 for a set. She liked the pirate ships.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess the computer brain in our furnace has died an inconvenient death (i.e. in mid February in Kansas City).

My wonderful husband called the facilities supervisor from work (we work at a university), as many of his crew moonlight. For $35 one of the HVAC guys was at our house last night at 8 pm diagnosing the problem. Waiting to find out now how much the new brain is going to cost and he's to come back to the house after work tonight to install.

I am thankful we had space heaters and plenty of electricity - we were toasty warm in the bedroom. Also thankful we're still co-sleeping with a sidecar crib so that our regular baby bedtime routine was not interrupted. The furry kid is confined to the bedroom with her doggy bowls and blankets piled on the bed.

I was 59 degrees in the rest of our house this morning.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

We are still in pull ups...they are much more accessible than diapers but still not as accident prone as underwear, so we can still go get things done. This morning we went to the library and Josh asked me twice on his own to go to the bathroom, and peed in the big toilet both times. He stayed dry all morning.
    Oh! and he said our last name for the first time (at least first time I've heard it, and DH said he hadn't heard it yet when I asked). He said the lady at church said his name is Joshua _________ and he told her "No it's just Joshua" LOL Our last name is not easy so it was really cute to hear from him. He said it well, too!
    Last edited by daylilies; 02-11-2010 at 12:11 PM.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess that I am normally a live-and-let-live kind of person, but there are two people here (not in secular) who irritate me. I don't like reading their posts, but I can't stop myself because I'm always curious about what they're going to come up with next. Tell me I'm not alone in feeling like this!

Kate, I'm so excited for you and Joshua, both about the improvements with pottytraining(isn't each little success so incredibly cool?) and with the last name.

Sunrider, what an absolutely awful time for your furnace to die. I hope it is a cheap and fast fix, and wtg for having connections.

Bridget, that Lego Lady is totally wacky.

I have a few, Lydia. It's like I know it's gonna be stupid and irritating, but I can't help myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    I confess that I am normally a live-and-let-live kind of person, but there are two people here (not in secular) who irritate me. I don't like reading their posts, but I can't stop myself because I'm always curious about what they're going to come up with next. Tell me I'm not alone in feeling like this!
    You're not alone Lydia. I am the same way. Sometimes there is drama here that I just don't understand.

I confess that I am really angry at a friend of mine. She is unbelievably close minded and it makes me sad. I'm not a fan of confrontation, but I had to do so today, and I'm not sure where our friendship will go from here.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

shutterbird Guest

I'm the same way, Lydia!

I do the same thing Lydia. I even have a couple of people on ignore, and I sometimes just.can't.help.myself and view their posts anyway, even though I know it will probably annoy me. I thought I was crazy. I guess if I am...I have lots of good company.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I confess that yesterday at work one of the mothers was in my library making some copies for the PTA and she asked me if I had converted to Islam yet. I said No and I had no plans to ever convert. She asked me "what are you if you aren't Muslim?" And I told her I didn't believe in any higher power and she said "well, I feel sorry for you then." I told her not to feel sorry for me, I certainly wasn't sorry, and I walked out of the room and marched right into the principals office and had a nice conversation with her. The principal was pissed, said it was totally inappropriate and would be calling her in and speaking with her. There was a bit more from the mother on "has anyone spoken to you about how wonderful Islam is" blah blah blah and you know for THEM it is wonderful and I'm glad that they have their faith, but I don't believe and I don't need to have someone feel sorry for me because I don't.

I made it 7 months before anyone said anything to me about not being Muslim. Pretty good I think.

I confess I just filed a paypal dispute and I feel sick about it. Like, I have a stomach ache. Why am I such a wuss? She's not returning my emails so she leaves me no choice. But it still SUCKS. I'm afraid she's going to respond and be really angry. I just want her to contact me and tell me where my stuff is!