Page 265 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 165 215 255263264265266267 275 315 365 765 1265 ... LastLast
Results 7,921 to 7,950 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Yeah, HI! We're being awfully quiet, aren't we?
    Norah! (3 yr)

Too busy playing in the "together room".

Poor neglected heathen room.

I had my massage! It was nice but my neck does not feel much better. She told me after that she could have spent days on my neck and shoulders and that maybe I should come back next week and just have her do that area. I know I hold a lot of tension there. It gives me headaches and sometimes it's hard to even turn my head.
    I had such a hard time relaxing! I mean, I thought I was, and then she'd tell me to. At one point she was like, "You aren't going down easy are you?" How embarrassing! I mumbled an apology. Man, pressured to relax. Weird.
    She also had nervous laughter which is really unnerving for me. You know how people laugh and everything they say even if it's not funny? It has me giving the obligatory giggle even though I have absolutely no idea why we are laughing about her saying, "I'm going to put this pillow under your knees so you don't have low back pain." (insert nervous laughter) and "I don't keep weekend hours unless you get into a car accident or something and need immediate attention" (insert nervous laughter)
    Luckily she didn't do that during the massage but before and after.
    Last edited by Bridget; 02-04-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Finally jumped in over there. I feel like I am reading everything with my hands over my eyes, like I'm watching a horror movie right before something bad happens. so far so good...

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    Finally jumped in over there. I feel like I am reading everything with my hands over my eyes, like I'm watching a horror movie right before something bad happens. so far so good...
    I know!
    I'm just stalking at this point. Really, really interesting reads.

Ooh it bugs me when massage therapists try to talk to me...I just want to relax...
    And I so want to start "Ask a UU" but I'm afraid I'll get in over my head. I'm not very good at debates, or explaining my beliefs. I wish sarahlynn were still around to back me up. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post

I'm actually really surprised they made that forum. I'm glad things have been drama-free so far.

My DH was at work until about 3am last night! WTH?? He was sick last week and he needs to do a lot of catching up, but still, 3am?!

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Ooh it bugs me when massage therapists try to talk to me...I just want to relax...
    I had to read this sentence about 5 times before it made sense. I skipped over the word "massage", so I read it as "Ooh it bugs me when therapists try to talk to me...I just want to relax..."

I was like "Huh? Why are you going to therapy if you don't want to talk??"

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I had to read this sentence about 5 times before it made sense. I skipped over the word "massage", so I read it as "Ooh it bugs me when therapists try to talk to me...I just want to relax..."

LOL

And I so want to start "Ask a UU" but I'm afraid I'll get in over my head. I'm not very good at debates, or explaining my beliefs. I wish sarahlynn were still around to back me up. LOL
    I found that they told me I could just talk and they would talk or if I'm quiet they will be quiet. Each person likes something different.

And if you want to start that thread, I can help you out. I'm not a member of the church yet but I plan on it someday and do show up sometimes to things and have gone through new member orientation twice (since we moved).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I needed a giggle this morning so thank you!

I haven't posted in the general room yet either, but did read the Ask an Atheist thread (while cringing and waiting for it to get ugly).
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I found that they told me I could just talk and they would talk or if I'm quiet they will be quiet. Each person likes something different.

And if you want to start that thread, I can help you out. I'm not a member of the church yet but I plan on it someday and do show up sometimes to things and have gone through new member orientation twice (since we moved).
    Oh cool, the minister at the church we just started going to said I could do new member orientation too. I think it starts sometime in March. What was it like?

Oh cool, the minister at the church we just started going to said I could do new member orientation too. I think it starts sometime in March. What was it like?
    The first time it was just a one day Saturday like most of the morning class. I think that it covered things like history, getting to know each other and finally, what it is like to be a member of that congregation.

The one I did up here I think that they do a few times a year. It's three days, an hour or two afterwards on Sunday. Again it was getting to know each other, history (I skipped that day), and finally the third was that congregation (and there are some differences between the two).

I will probably eventually join but first I need to get in a habit of going more than once in a while. Plus they are going through a change where the minister retired and they have an interim right now and looking for a new one. Plus with building the house, we need to see how we handle a double payment (it will be twice what our rent is) and see what utilities are before we will know how much we could reasonably give.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh I think you mentioned that before, that your church was going through a transition. It was the same way with the church I went to before this one. Plus attendance seemed really low, but that might have just been because of summer.
    If you want to do a joint "ask the UU" that might be fun

shutterbird Guest

The UU near me does an orientation the first Sunday of every month. They must get a lot of stragglers. I still haven't gone, but I really want to. I just haven't made it a priority yet.

Oh I think you mentioned that before, that your church was going through a transition. It was the same way with the church I went to before this one. Plus attendance seemed really low, but that might have just been because of summer.
    If you want to do a joint "ask the UU" that might be fun
    You CANNOT judge a UU church by summer attendance! LOL Don'tcha know they basically take summers off. Well ours does still meet in the summer but it's much smaller and less formal and the topics are different than the school year ones.

The one I was going to in Milwaukee was cool because they had a 9am and 11am...and was just like a 2 minute drive from me. It was so easy for me to get to the 11am service.
    This one is more like 15-20 minutes away and 10 is hard for me to be up and ready to leave the house by. I really wish that they had an 11am but they are expanding so maybe they will start doing two services with the new minister once they hire one.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh and it was nice to go to orientation and meet some other new people instead of going to service and runing out the door when it was over. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

LOL I know. I stick around for a few minutes of coffee hour just for the snacks, but I am horrible at approaching new people. It took a lot for me to introduce myself for the minister last week.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Grr! Days and days of misery and frustration due to my posting hiatus, and my average has only dropped by 0.01. And then I get all paranoid with the few posts I have made, wondering if someone is questioning why I responded to one post and not another. I might just have to give this up.

If there's one thing I've learned it's that I think most people are too worried about themselves to worry about something like that. If there are people who are noticing that kind of stuff, they aren't worth worrying about. JMHO

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

If there's one thing I've learned it's that I think most people are too worried about themselves to worry about something like that. If there are people who are noticing that kind of stuff, they aren't worth worrying about. JMHO
    You are incredibly right!

OTOH, I didn't really think you guys would notice I hadn't been posting much, and you did!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Grr! Days and days of misery and frustration due to my posting hiatus, and my average has only dropped by 0.01. And then I get all paranoid with the few posts I have made, wondering if someone is questioning why I responded to one post and not another. I might just have to give this up.
    Sounds like way too much effort to me.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Lydia, your post count is 11.000 something. It'll take forever for you to get your average down! You might as well just embrace being a post-ho.

You are incredibly right!

OTOH, I didn't really think you guys would notice I hadn't been posting much, and you did!
    I really noticed. I always enjoy reading your posts and I like it when you respond to mine. I know, I'm a dork. You just have a way with words and your posts seem interesting even when they're about how many times the twins pooped on the potty.

I confess I am going bowling with my dad tomorrow for some work party he has. Usually of course my mom would go but she has discomfort in her lymph nodes ever since her breast cancer surgery. So, he asked my brother who had plans and then asked me. I'm really, really excited because after I said yes I realized that I have not spent time alone with my dad since I moved back home a year ago. And I love him so so much. He is my favorite man.

ladies!

Lydia, your post count is 11.000 something. It'll take forever for you to get your average down! You might as well just embrace being a post-ho.
    hehe Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess I am going bowling with my dad tomorrow for some work party he has. Usually of course my mom would go but she has discomfort in her lymph nodes ever since her breast cancer surgery. So, he asked my brother who had plans and then asked me. I'm really, really excited because after I said yes I realized that I have not spent time alone with my dad since I moved back home a year ago. And I love him so so much. He is my favorite man.
    That sounds so awesome, Bridget! Sorry to hear about your mom not feeling so well, though

I confess I have NO IDEA what to do for DBF's birthday on the 17th! He's turning 30.. and I of course have no money. I wanted to do something, like maybe make him a cake and such, but since he's paying for groceries he'll see a box of cake mix in the cart Maybe I can find a recipe that involves the items I have at home.. I do have flour and some baking items.. ugh! I don't know!!
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I am so totally a thread-killer, lol.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

I noticed you hadn't been around because I was keeping up with your potty training escapades LOL
    I started PTing Josh this week and I had been wondering how it was going for you.

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    I am so totally a thread-killer, lol.
    This thread ebbs and flows.

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    ladies!
    I confess I have NO IDEA what to do for DBF's birthday on the 17th! He's turning 30.. and I of course have no money. I wanted to do something, like maybe make him a cake and such, but since he's paying for groceries he'll see a box of cake mix in the cart Maybe I can find a recipe that involves the items I have at home.. I do have flour and some baking items.. ugh! I don't know!!
    I think he would still appreciate a birthday cake - he probably would pretend not to see it in the cart! Go ahead and sneak it through.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov