Page 259 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1592092492572582592602612693093597591259 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,770 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post

I confess I'm completely irked. I'm done trying to keep relationships with people who obviously don't want to talk to me/respond/call back. What-ev-er.

Some people suck butt.

shutterbird Guest

I confess I'm so excited! DH's work schedule is getting changed to 2:30 - 10pm with a 10% raise. Even though it'll only be 7.5 hours of work/day, he'll be getting paid 8 + "lunch" time. We could definitely use the extra $$, but more than that, we'll be on a similar schedule! He'll be with Lore more while she's awake and we can start sleeping together again. (He's really loud in the morning nad once I'm up, I'm up.) I'll be able to work out in the morning and we can go grocery shopping without all of the lines. I'm stoaked!
    Last edited by shutterbird; 01-27-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I confess I'm so excited! DH's work schedule is getting changed to 2:30 - 10pm with a 10% raise. We could definitely use the extra $$, but more than that, we'll be on a similar schedule! He'll be with Lore more while she's awake and we can start sleeping together again. (He's really loud in the morning nad once I'm up, I'm up.) I'll be able to work out in the morning and we can go grocery shopping without all of the lines. I'm stoaked!
    That's awesome news!!!! Yay for more family time.

I confess that this town keeps getting stranger.
    Dbf's friend was here tonight and he said, "The bars around here are so dead now because of the new law that your 3rd drunk driving ticket is a felony."

So......does this mean everyone already has 2? I'm confused.

I confess that my computer at work is broken for the 5th time this year. I just went on my work email at home after not having email access all day to let me supervisor know that I was told my computer would not be replaced and ask how she expected me to complete my required paperwork that must be done on computer. I received a notice that I had not completed my "random moment" within 24 hours (last year I had 5 days to do it). I responded to the random moment coordinator that I would complete the form as soon as the district provided me with computer access, but I would not do it from home on my own time using my own equipment. Was that obnoxious of me?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

That's really cool Kim!
    Recently DH wanted to go for a 4-day 10 hours a day work week schedule but too many other guys wih seniority wanted it! I hope it comes up again.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I confess that this town keeps getting stranger.
    Dbf's friend was here tonight and he said, "The bars around here are so dead now because of the new law that your 3rd drunk driving ticket is a felony."

So......does this mean everyone already has 2? I'm confused.
    That does sound strange!! I hope EVERYONE doesn't already have 2, but maybe just everyone who hangs out in the bars. My dad always tells me stories about his own dad who was the drunkest drunk he's ever met to this day and his dad had gotten a certain amount of DUIs back in the 70s when it wasn't that serious then but he had been warned if he got another he was going to go to jail so he started having my dad, who was 11 or 12 at the time go with him so he could drive his dad home from the bar. Hopefully the people in your town won't do that!

Also, you make me afraid of Wisconsin LOL! We are considering Wisconsin as one of the states we may move to since we are sick of the south, even though I love not having snow, I'm just sick of it here and Wisconsin is within a days drive of my hometown and not far from Chicago where DH is from. The libarian weirdo you have is probably the worst though, I so wouldn't want to deal with rude librarians since we go to the library so much. Plus I can get kind of mean and I don't want to be thrown out of the library.

Erin

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I responded to the random moment coordinator that I would complete the form as soon as the district provided me with computer access, but I would not do it from home on my own time using my own equipment. Was that obnoxious of me?
    That sounds like using your time management thinking cap! How can she argue with that?

Kim, I'm so happy for your dh's job! How cool for all 3 of you!

My dh has been panicking just a little bit about the new itty bitty, and actually applied for a new job, but the position was already filled.

9. Default

I confess I was supposed to be doing homework while Audri was napping, and ended up napping myself. I needed the sleep, but I work all day tomorrow with only an hour between work and class, and have an entire chapter to read, plus do the chapter that goes along with it in the work book......

Quote Originally Posted by Ky'sMom View Post
    That does sound strange!! I hope EVERYONE doesn't already have 2, but maybe just everyone who hangs out in the bars. My dad always tells me stories about his own dad who was the drunkest drunk he's ever met to this day and his dad had gotten a certain amount of DUIs back in the 70s when it wasn't that serious then but he had been warned if he got another he was going to go to jail so he started having my dad, who was 11 or 12 at the time go with him so he could drive his dad home from the bar. Hopefully the people in your town won't do that!

Also, you make me afraid of Wisconsin LOL! We are considering Wisconsin as one of the states we may move to since we are sick of the south, even though I love not having snow, I'm just sick of it here and Wisconsin is within a days drive of my hometown and not far from Chicago where DH is from. The libarian weirdo you have is probably the worst though, I so wouldn't want to deal with rude librarians since we go to the library so much. Plus I can get kind of mean and I don't want to be thrown out of the library.

Erin
    Erin I would be so stoked if you came to Wisconsin! It's not all like it is here. I grew up in Wisconsin and this town is wacked out. Even my friends in surrounding areas cannot believe this. I think the closer to Madison, the better.
    I forgot to even tell you guys that librarian, I had asked her when I first came to the desk if ET was available of dvd there and she said yes but then the whole fine thing happened and I was scared to bring it up again. Well a few days later I got a call that my item on hold was in. So she did that. Maybe she has a heart after all.

The librarian with a heart of stone is really a softie? That definitely fits in with the heroine-of movie-romance plot someone suggested!

The librarian with a heart of stone is really a softie? That definitely fits in with the heroine-of movie-romance plot someone suggested!
    I know. Next time I see her I'm going to have an urge to rip off her glasses, muss up her hair, rip off her sleeves, rip off the bottom half of her just past the knee length skirt and hand her a margarita....

What wouldn't I pay to see that?

I have to take credit for the romantic comedy idea. Its the best one I've had in, oh, a year. I'm in a dry spell.
    Two confessions:
    1. MIL is making my eyes explode out of my brain. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFARGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Thanks, I needed that.

2. One of my best friends, who I grew up with and is like, my only mom friend where I live, is moving away to France in a couple of weeks. Forever. This sucks! And as well as feeling sorry for myself, I'm feeling bummed for Norah. We have SO few friends with kids, its really nice for her to have someone to play with, even though their daughter is 9 months old. Total bummer. I wish I had another couple of IRL friends with kids.
    Norah! (3 yr)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Maggie! You didn't chime in when I asked for MIL stories the last time. Or did I just miss a few days?

I'm really sorry about your friend moving away. It's hard enough finding mom-baby friends, let alone losing one of your best friends.

I confess I tested tonight, against my better judgement. BFN.

I confess my conversation with DH went like this:
    DH: What does it say?
    Me: It says no.
    DH: It always says no! I'm really @#$* tired of it saying no all the time.

Oh, Mandy.

shutterbird Guest

Maggie, I'm sorry your friend is moving away. That always sucks!

Sorry for the BFN, Mandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Oh, Mandy.
    Can I just say I started tearing up re-reading what I wrote followed by the hugs from you and Kim? And then I started giggling because I could hear Barry Manilow in the back of my head. So thanks for the giggle, and the hugs.

Quote Originally Posted by addysonreese View Post
    First time joining this thread. Hope you don't mind I'm popping in.

I confess that I still think about a certain someone who did something horrible to me last year, and hope that he'll eventually apologize.. even though deep inside I know he won't.
    Welcome!

Whatever happened, I hope you can find peace with it.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh, also, I used to lie a lot when I was a kid. I had a lot of medical problems and my mom was not great at handling it when I used to forget a pill or something. She'd get mad because she was concerned for my health. So I figured if I lied she wouldn't get mad.

Also my mom had some mental imbalances especially after my dad left so she'd fly off the handle for no reason at all. I used to plan out whole conversations with her in my head to see if I thought she'd get mad at anything I was going to say, and I'd change it around so I'd say all the right things. It worked, most of the time. I used to think I was pretty good at lying, or not saying certain things.
    Aww, that makes me really sad Kate. No child should have to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I have to take credit for the romantic comedy idea. Its the best one I've had in, oh, a year. I'm in a dry spell.
    Two confessions:
    1. MIL is making my eyes explode out of my brain. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFARGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Thanks, I needed that.

2. One of my best friends, who I grew up with and is like, my only mom friend where I live, is moving away to France in a couple of weeks. Forever. This sucks! And as well as feeling sorry for myself, I'm feeling bummed for Norah. We have SO few friends with kids, its really nice for her to have someone to play with, even though their daughter is 9 months old. Total bummer. I wish I had another couple of IRL friends with kids.
    Hugs Maggie.

I'm so sorry hun, BFNs are the worst. I hope you get your BFP soon!

I confess that it's Mia's birthday today and I haven't bought her a present yet. I had big plans to get everything organised this week, but I've been too sick to do anything. I'll have to drag my feverish butt out later today.

On the plus side, I did manage to bake her a cake (technically a banana bread with icing on it).

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess that it's Mia's birthday today and I haven't bought her a present yet. I had big plans to get everything organised this week, but I've been too sick to do anything. I'll have to drag my feverish butt out later today.

On the plus side, I did manage to bake her a cake (technically a banana bread with icing on it).
    Aw, I hope you feel better! And happy birthday to Mia! The cake/bread sounds really yummy. What kind of icing did you put on it?

I confess that I'm really scared to fill out my college application and student aid forms.. I feel like I won't be able to afford the 8 years of school I need, and I'm also wondering where that would put my relationship with DBF. I'm so torn on my dream vs. the love of my life. Will we be able to have kids? Will the stress of my job push us apart, and blah blah blah. I worry too much.
    Lauren (24) Clinton (30) - my life, my rock Praying for all the APA girls! My Blog

Aw, I hope you feel better! And happy birthday to Mia! The cake/bread sounds really yummy. What kind of icing did you put on it?

I confess that I'm really scared to fill out my college application and student aid forms.. I feel like I won't be able to afford the 8 years of school I need, and I'm also wondering where that would put my relationship with DBF. I'm so torn on my dream vs. the love of my life. Will we be able to have kids? Will the stress of my job push us apart, and blah blah blah. I worry too much.
    When all else fails, just roll with it.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    When all else fails, just roll with it.
    I agree, I'm going back to school to get a Master's then a Phd and know it will take along time but that's what I want to do and so I'm going to do it no matter what comes up.

I just don't want to have any regrets later on in life.

Erin

I'm sorry it's a stupid BFN again, but have to say it's awesome that your DH is just as upset. It's always nice when babies are just as wanted by the daddy as they are the momma.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I know, isn't that sweet?

Erin, don't be afraid of Wisconsin! I can tell you that Bridgets town is just weird.
    Just stay with like Madison or Milwaukee area (I'm from southeast WI). It's just the more rural farmer towns that can be weird. I really like my town for the most part on the western part of the state..it's a college town and the most liberal in the area. BUT there are a lot of old people and I've seen some racism...the town is something like 95% white with the next biggest group being Hmong. Most people are great...but when I first moved up here I had one old person talking to me and she actually said that they are not any black families in the town, that any black people are drug dealers or students on athletic scholarships at the university. OMG, my jaw dropped when she said that. And it is not true because I happen to know some black families and have seen more and more of our medical staff being more diverse.
    Milwaukee does have some nice subburbs though....with the kids you would NOT want to live in the city and send them to the Milwaukee public schools.
    If we ever moved from our current location, Madison would be our top choice.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I agree, I'm going back to school to get a Master's then a Phd and know it will take along time but that's what I want to do and so I'm going to do it no matter what comes up.

I just don't want to have any regrets later on in life.

Erin
    It took me four years to get my masters and I knew it would take more than 2...because I was going to be going part-time. The way I saw it was that yeah it was four years....but those four years were going to go by whether I went to grad school or not. Might as do it and eventually it would be done.

I'm glad that I did!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Do it....if it turns out you can't afford it at least you tried, and it's easier having started now before kids rather than when you already have them....

shutterbird Guest

Happy Birthday, Miss Mia! Sarah, I hope you feel better!