Page 250 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240248249250251252 260 300 350 750 1250 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,500 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Oh, I just saw your post...I hope she's okay!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess we are taking Charlie to the er whenever my mom gets home.

What's wrong?
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    What?? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post

What's wrong?
    Here is my post --
    I posted in new moms yesterday about Charlies horrible cough, and only got two responses...

Its like a raspy bark... Which makes me think Croup...
    Now she is coughing so hard that its making her throw up... This has happened twice.
    She does not have a fever... in fact her temp is slightly lower than normal.
    Very congested, and seems to be having a little trouble breating... Not bad enough to where she stops, but very stuffy..

None of the walk-in clinics here are open on saturday.. I called the Pedi, but since she's not an established patient yet, all they could do is refer me to the ER. (which is where the on-call doctor is anyways)

Should I take her to the ER?

OH no! I think I would take her in. Hope she'll be ok.

Aww yeah, I would take her in. I also looked in the other thread and saw her respiratory rate. It is high.

Average respiratory rates, by age:

* Newborns: Average 44 breaths per minute
    * Infants: 20–40 breaths per minute
    * Preschool children: 20–30 breaths per minute
    * Older children: 16–25 breaths per minute
    * Adults: 12–20 breaths per minute
    * Adults during strenuous exercise 35–45 breaths per minute
    * Athletes' peak 60–70 breaths per minute

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ashley, I hope Charlie gets better soon!

I confess I've been slacking about posting here. It's been a hard week for me, between ongoing illness and work stress and pottytraining and car break-ins and dh. And after I mentioned how it was so nice for dh to listen to me about discipline issues, last night he tried to put ds in time out for not listening to him when he asked him to pull his pants up. I sent him two articles on dealing with toddler defiance and saying no after that. I was pretty much on the verge of tears all day yesterday, but I attribute to a hard week and pg. hormones.

Last night I was attending to a crying child in the middle of the night and stepped away from the bed to get a spare binky and dh came in because the crying was still ongoing and I guess he didn't know I was already in there. I was returning to the side of the bed when dh turned quickly to get a binky himself. BANG! His brow collided with my brow and I saw a bright flash of light and I collapsed to the floor, whimpering. It hurt so badly! If I'd been watching it, though, I think I might have laughed. We must have looked pretty comical.

Ooh, ouch!

Is the potty training still going well?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

It's been a rollercoaster. The first two days were awful, then they did really well, then they got sick and backslid. And then Claire started holding everything because she didn't want to go on the potty and had a couple of very painful bms which reinforced her fear. And then the past couple of days it's been really good again, like 0-2 accidents a day total. Still, going out has been... challenging. I had to run with them back to the car 3x within 30 minutes the other day at the park, which resulted in screaming from the twin who wanted to keep playing and one accident.

This is so much work! I'd never be able to do this with a newborn in the house.

Oh, oh, and I just remembered something else I wanted to share.

The other morning, dh and I woke up and he told me about this dream he'd had, about racing submersibles through blue canals on an exotic planet. He described the pinnacles towering above him and how he could duck underwater to avoid a ledge. Then he asked me what I dreamed about. I told him I'd spent half the night as an assistant manager at a grocery store, and described the mundane problems I had to solve. He's been laughing at me for having such boring dreams.

Dh has really incredible dreams, all night, every night. No wonder he spends so much time sleeping--so would I.

I've never heard it.

Oh I know most of you can't relate to the new kids frenzy..I don't expect you to LOL
    Just a little thumbs up or a "wow that's awesome, glad you had a good time" is all I need I'd do the same for your blue october concerts or whoever
    Hi! I'm just now checking in for the first time in like 24 hours. But I'm glad that you had good time! I was big into New Kids back in the day myself.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

LOL
    I'd be interested to hear what some of you guys' musical tastes are. I'm always looking for good new music. I haven't really liked any new music in years except you know who and lady gaga.
    My mom recommended a band called Vampire Weekend. I listened to some of it and it wasn't my thing. I like music with a good melody and/or a good beat.
    I don't know that I so much like bands as I like singles. I like Adam Lambert, 30 Seconds to Mars, One Republic, Counting Crows (probably one of my all time favorite groups).

Well here is my current most played on iTunes.

Runaway Train-Soul Asylum
    Disarm-Smashing Pumpkins
    Kids-MGMT
    Fireflies-Owl City
    Very Busy People-The Limousines
    Lifeline-Papa Roach
    One Song Glory-Rent
    Paparazzi-lady Gaga
    Savior-Rise Against
    Wishing Well-Airbone Toxic Event
    Mad World-Lambert
    Sweet Dreams-Beyonce
    You-Candlebox
    Show Me what I'm looking for-Carolina Liar
    Don't Stop-Innerparty System
    In This City-Iglu and hartley
    Return to Innocence-Engima
    Rooftops-Lost Prophets
    One Day-Matisyahu
    Fly on the wall-Miley Cyrus
    Sober-Pink
    Last edited by Cosmosmom; 01-16-2010 at 03:53 PM.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess we are taking Charlie to the er whenever my mom gets home.
    Oh no! I hope that little cutie is doing better now!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

You have some good songs too Cosmosmom
    Wow Lydia.
    DH has very vivid dreams too, but he doesn't like to sleep! He says it's a waste of time.
    I have weird dreams...they're usually about people I haven't thought about in years, or I'll have a sexual dream about someone I never thought of in that way and it seems so real and I have no idea where it comes from. Actually if I may bring up Joey again...the weirdest thing happened the night I came home from the concert. I was dreaming about him, and something woke me up. I was bummed and I decided to try to dream about him when I fell asleep again. When I fell asleep I did dream about him again! That never worked for me before, but I'm sure glad it worked that time

atenielle I hope Charlie is doing okay...update us when you can.

I'm glad the PTing is going okay (Lydia), even if it is up and down. You can do it!

14. Default

Sorry I didn't come update.. We spent 7 hours in the ER last night, and by the time we got home I was just ready to pass out!

The nurses also thought it was croup, and I figured there wouldn't be much they could do for us. Then the doctor came in, and listened to her breathe and ordered a chest x-ray.

Im extremely glad we went in, because it turned out to be pneumonia, and bronchiolitis.

She got two breathing treatments, and oral steroid, and antibiotics.

I'm glad you went in too and I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

Ashley, I'm so glad you brought her in!

Is she doing better now?
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

17. Default

She doesnt seem as congested. Still coughing, but not as much. She's spending alot of time sleeping, but she needs that sleep to heal!

I confess that I woke up at 4:50am and felt like screaming. I was sleeping crappy all night, dreaming of baby stuff, waking up constantly and tossing and turning because I couldn't get comfortable. THEN at 4:45, Jimi farted the loudest and stinkiest fart I have ever experienced in my life and that's when I finally said "FORGET IT, I'm getting out of this stinky room!!!" I came downstairs and ended up falling back asleep around 6:30 on the couch. I don't think I've had a good nights rest in a month or more.

19. Default

Janeen - Been there done that! lol... I spent the last 2 months or so of my pregnancy with Audrianna sleeping on the recliner in the living room because it was the only place I could get comfortable!

And I'm only at 24 weeks, Ashley! I keep telling myself I had better stop complaining because it's only going to get worse! LOL

So sorry, Janeen! I admit I get mad at DH for late-night stinky farts, too.

These suckers are so loud they wake us both up!! I would say it has happened twice in the last 3-5 nights. I mean LOUD, like a bomb is going off in our bedroom and the dude jerks enough to shake the bed as he's doing it like he's pushing HARD to get that bad boy out! Ugh.

I confess that if I had the nerve and wouldn't be completely humiliated, I'd give him a couple of paybacks.

I'm glad she got the help she needed, Ashley! (I don't know why I had a brain fart on what your real name is for a while there, LOL)

Oh yeah I confess we just saw Avatar in 3D. The 3D got to me after a while. Way too much flying and swinging through trees in that movie LOL
    I thought it went a bit long, but it sure was beautiful to watch.

I confess that more than not it's MY gas that chases DH out of the room. Last night it was him though. LOL Never has been bad enough to chase cosmo out of the bed though....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Haha Josh farts so bad that more than once, we (and other people) thought he pooped.

29. Default

Haha Josh farts so bad that more than once, we (and other people) thought he pooped.
    Audris done this on more than one occassion

I confess that I have felt less than interested in being a mom for the past couple of weeks. I am bored with playdough and baby dolls. I want to work on my art. I need to get over it.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov