Page 247 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1471972372452462472482492572973477471247 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,410 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I am so sorry, but from what I hear there are safe pills to take during pregnancy and you really do want to get on it now and not wait until the baby comes (just in my opinion)
    Pregnancy is really difficult for some people, it can make you feel so crazy. I hope it is just that but I hope you get in soon to talk to someone. And I'm glad you caught it early and want to do something about it fast.
    I hope you get help soon and we are always here too!

Thanks hun.

Jimi is super supportive too, and concerned about me and the baby of course.

I had a feeling he would be--he always seems really supportive of you.

It's just so different from anything that has ever been me. Like I said in the post, I am so not a crier and I don't dwell on things. I have been crying off and on ever since the conversation started with Jimi at work today.

Well I can't help you there, I cry about everything.

Really though when I was pregnant sometimes I would just go in the shower and cry for no reason..it can be really overwhelming.

How do you know when it gets to the point of being depression and not just crazy pregnancy hormones?

I figure since it's hindering other aspects of my life, it must be pretty darn close to depression if it's not already there.

I'm not sure, I've struggled with issues since I was a teen, so I can't really tell what's normal and what's not anymore.

9. Default

I confess Mikes hard spiced apple is YUMMY!

I confess the only time I watch American Idol is the auditions... after those are over, I really don't care. Its not as entertaining anymore! lol

10. Default

I confess I no longer miss alaska

Wow. -62!

Janeen, so sorry to hear what you're going through. I agree it would be good to talk to someone about it.

Kate, I'm kind of a closet AI fanatic! It's my only show I watch.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Brrr
    Is the Mike's like hard cider or is it more sweet? I tried hard cider once and was disappointed that it wasn't sweet.
    LOL Mandy we'll have to compare notes on AI then!

I confess I'm feeling uncomfortable about work today.

I have been asking for permission to do something since mid-October, and have records of emails I sent to two different people who are in a decision-making position documenting that I have been asking. Nobody has responded at all. I sent a final email on Monday asking permission and letting them know my deadline to make a decision was today (I am required by law to hold a meeting no later than today, and I had to tell the parent SOMETHING). They did not respond, either to say yes or no.

So, I did it. They had PLENTY of opportunity to tell me "no", right? So I made a decision in the best interest of the child, which was to say "yes."

I know they won't be happy with me. My decision will cost them money.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 01-13-2010 at 06:59 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Well I hope it all works out Mandy. IMO they had more than enough time to say something, unless they have a good reason for not getting the e mail, or something. I would have tried to contact them in some other way too, unless that was not possible.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Brrr
    Is the Mike's like hard cider or is it more sweet? I tried hard cider once and was disappointed that it wasn't sweet.
    LOL Mandy we'll have to compare notes on AI then!
    Ive not tried the hard cider, but this was pretty sweet.

I might have mentioned this before, but I hate making plans last minute...
    I am trying to make plans to meet up with a friend before a concert tomorrow and she still hasn't gotten back to me about a time, or a place...

I would have liked to have this all planned out like, a week ago.

Warning, huge multiquote coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I cannot believe how much work people get me down. I was in this fabulous mood today, despite having a cavity filled this morning, and over the course of a 1.5 hour meeting, they just brought me down. I don't know why really, but the whole tone of our group has gone down the tubes. People are so dismissive of ideas, cut you off when you talk, are generally nasty to each other....and given that I'm close-ish to being done and want to be out of there SO BAD, my tolerance for their B.S. is zero.

I wish I could just not let it bug me. How can I get in a good mood in 10 minutes for my lovely kid? Hard.
    Sorry dear. Bad morale is such a joy killer. I hope you're feeling better.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I kinda have to put together some thoughts for the therapist tomorrow. I'm going to ask for some good pills and a therapist to talk to once a week (that isn't too much to ask, right? Therapists see adults once a week sometimes don't they, or is that something I'm remembering from therapy as a teen that they don't do once you should be a responsible adult? LOL)
    Sounds like a great plan Kate! I have no idea what is considered the norm for therapy, but if you feel like once a week is a good amount for you, then I hope that's what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I confess that I'm in a major funk guys and I think I need to get evaluated for depression, for the first time ever in my life.
    Aww hun... You're absolutely doing the right thing by asking for help now. I hope you get treatment and that you're feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I no longer miss alaska
    Holy crap!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess I'm feeling uncomfortable about work today.

I have been asking for permission to do something since mid-October, and have records of emails I sent to two different people who are in a decision-making position documenting that I have been asking. Nobody has responded at all. I sent a final email on Monday asking permission and letting them know my deadline to make a decision was today (I am required by law to hold a meeting no later than today, and I had to tell the parent SOMETHING). They did not respond, either to say yes or no.

So, I did it. They had PLENTY of opportunity to tell me "no", right? So I made a decision in the best interest of the child, which was to say "yes."

I know they won't be happy with me. My decision will cost them money.
    Good for you for doing the right thing by the child.

I confess that my DH can be really nutty sometimes.

I was chatting to one of Mia's daycare teachers, and she was talking about how some of the kids can be quite pushy with each other. I asked her whether Mia was pushy and she said no, Mia is more passive and tends to not to fight back when other kids take toys away from her. I later mentioned it to DH, not because I thought it was a cause for concern, just interesting.

On a seemingly unrelated note, DH has been getting into a lot of battles of wills with Mia lately. They always turn out badly (Mia gets increasingly defiant, DH feels he has to "win", and it ends with Mia screaming her head off and running to me for comfort), so I've tried to gently suggest to him that it may not be an effective form of discipline.

So after I mentioned this thing about Mia not being pushy, he said "Well, do you think that maybe that's because you don't get into battles of wills with her? Maybe that's why she hasn't learned to stand up for herself?"

Seriously, W....T....F....?

How does that make any sense at all??

OMG a battle of wills with a 2 year old? That is just funny on so many levels.

Well I finally have plans for tonight, kind of--we are meeting in Boston. I would have liked to ride up with her, but whatever. I'm sure I'll find my way somehow LOL
    Between the GPS and directions from the website I should be okay. I am so excited (I'm seeing Joey from NKOTB by the way--his own solo music! In a little club! I hope we get there early enough to get close!) I hope everyone has a good day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Sorry dear. Bad morale is such a joy killer. I hope you're feeling better.
    I do, thank you. I can work from home today, so I feel "safe" from all the crap. sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    On a seemingly unrelated note, DH has been getting into a lot of battles of wills with Mia lately. They always turn out badly (Mia gets increasingly defiant, DH feels he has to "win", and it ends with Mia screaming her head off and running to me for comfort), so I've tried to gently suggest to him that it may not be an effective form of discipline.

So after I mentioned this thing about Mia not being pushy, he said "Well, do you think that maybe that's because you don't get into battles of wills with her? Maybe that's why she hasn't learned to stand up for herself?"

Seriously, W....T....F....?

How does that make any sense at all??
    My DH has totally done this. It really irks me, and it REALLY makes Norah crazy. I cannot figure out WHAT this is trying to accomplish. DH thinks doing anything else is letting her 'win', and I could not disagree more. There are other options than getting in a yelling match with a 2-year old, and giving in on every request. Middle ground, please!
    Norah! (3 yr)

I feel all of you ladies on the getting daddy on board with appropriate interactions with the kids.
    Last night Kai was pressing the buttons on the printer of dbf's computer. Dbf yelled at him and told him he wasn't going to get to watch a movie friday night. It's our movie night. Um...the "offense" is happening on a wednesday. He's 2. I hardly think that is an effective consequence. Added to the fact that it's totally unenforceable. What will we do, lock Kai in his room while we eat popcorn and watch a movie? He's famous for empty threats. That's why the kids never, ever listen to him.

Err, yeah, Josh can't remember why you punished him 20 minutes later let alone 2 days later!

My DH has totally done this. It really irks me, and it REALLY makes Norah crazy. I cannot figure out WHAT this is trying to accomplish. DH thinks doing anything else is letting her 'win', and I could not disagree more. There are other options than getting in a yelling match with a 2-year old, and giving in on every request. Middle ground, please!
    Exactly!

Hey Maggie, wasn't it you who listened to RadioLab? Have you listened to the latest one about animal minds? Interesting stuff. Here's the link if anyone else is interested: http://blogs.wnyc.org/radiolab/2010/01/12/animal-minds/

Yes! I'm a radio lab ADDICT. I listened to the Animal Minds episode yesterday. The Whale thing actually made me tear up.
    Norah! (3 yr)

27. Default

I confess I finally got a call from my caseworker in Missouri. I called her in December to tell her to cancel all my stuff since B asked for a divorce and I was moving to Wyoming. It took her getting a piece of returned mail for her to call me, and only after I called her back did she cancel everything.

I confess I didn't have the presence of thought to click the multiquote buttons . . .

-62 degrees? Holy Noodly Goodness!!! Remind me to visit Alaska in the summer.

Didn't know Mike's had hard apple cider. Might have to try it.
    The sweeter hard apple ciders are Woodchuck and Woodpecker. Strongbow is on the dry side and I hear Hornsby's is too (thought I've never had that one).

Janeen - Hugs, woman. I have a friend who was on depression/anxiety meds both while pregnant and also while nursing. Her DD is almost 9 months old and she's still taking them - so I know there are baby safe meds. Good luck.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess I'm irritated with a comment on Fb. A friend of mine is having muscle biopsies today to try to pin down a source of constant pain. I commented on her post and ended that I would be thinking about her today. Lady posts after me:
    Thiinkin' s nice. Prayin's better. Doin' both
    I just find this irritating. I think it's an aunt of hers. Ironic because she herself is anti-religion.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Yes! I'm a radio lab ADDICT. I listened to the Animal Minds episode yesterday. The Whale thing actually made me tear up.
    I cried when they released the whale, and the seal story made me tear up too.

I was thinking maybe we could do RadioLab discussion thread in this room. Do you think anyone would be interested? Do we busy ladies have time to listen to 1 hour podcasts?