Page 246 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1461962362442452462472482562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,380 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    It has been quiet here today. Sigh...
    Sorry guys, I was at meetings all day. No time to check the computer.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII was clearing boxes from the to be nursery (because I ditched school today) and then went to my OB appointment.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I would much rather bake than cook any day. I like to follow a recipe, and touching slimy things like raw meat creeps me out.

Maggie, I've always wondered who thought of cheese? I mean, really? With bread being a close second.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    Can I just say that I think baking is like the most amazing technology? Can you BELIEVE that we humans figured that out? Think of how many random steps there are. Like, someone had to have a grain and think, 'hmmm, I wonder what happens to this if I grind it up into powder? That sounds yummy" and who was so clever to think of adding YEAST? Like, totally random. I never would have come up with it.

I agree with you on the baking thing. I don't know how people do it constantly though. Baking is so precise. I like how with cooking you can throw a bunch of stuff together and it will usually turn out good (or easily fixed LOL)
    Thanks for the recipe...I might try that one day.
    Yep, ITA. I like baking because it makes cakes appear in my oven, but following a recipe is boring.

I think baking is kind of like knitting - when you first do it, you have to follow the instructions to the word, but once you get a feel for it, you can be a little bit more creative and adjust things to your preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I'm so opposite from you all! I love baking and hate cooking. It's like chemistry class except yummy.

I confess that job hunting is getting me down. Blah!

I confess my mom called me last night to tell me she got laid off. I really hoped it wouldn't happen to her. She's scared about being 62 years old and having to look for a new job. (she's single)

I confess my mom called me last night to tell me she got laid off. I really hoped it wouldn't happen to her. She's scared about being 62 years old and having to look for a new job. (she's single)
    Oh, that sucks! I worry about that with my mother too.

I spent most of yesterday doing the on line application for a job. And I still have to go back and update some job history stuff. Then I have to update my resume and upload it to the site. All before I can actually apply for a position. It's very odd that it's all electronic, but kinda cool, too.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

My mommy just relocated back to AZ from CA when her fiance that she had been with for 11 years decided it was over and he kicked her out.

She is 63 and they had considered themselves retired. Now she is looking for a job too.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    My mommy just relocated back to AZ from CA when her fiance that she had been with for 11 years decided it was over and he kicked her out.

She is 63 and they had considered themselves retired. Now she is looking for a job too.
    Wow.

My mom's been seeing someone for a few years, but they don't live together. He comes over on the weekends. I think mom likes it that way. LOL

That's how they were for sheesh, like the first five years. They had a long distance relationship and lived like 3 or so hours from each other. Then she sold her house and moved in with him. The saddest part of the split up is that as she was getting her stuff out of her storage to move to AZ (where my brothers are) she told me, "I never thought my life would be reduced to this."

This is only my moms third boyfriend in her whole life. She was married to my dad, then dated one other guy in between my dad and this guy.

That's just heartbreaking...
    It seems like so many people are going through hard times right now and it just makes me really sad.

13. Default

I confess both my girls are sick. It is NO fun in this house right now.

I confess I think we are going to start potty training with Audrianna soon. She is able to tell us when she is pooping, so we just have to work on her telling us BEFORE she starts.

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess both my girls are sick. It is NO fun in this house right now.

I confess I think we are going to start potty training with Audrianna soon. She is able to tell us when she is pooping, so we just have to work on her telling us BEFORE she starts.
    That's awesome Ashley! I wish Liam had the communication skills even to tell us after the fact. His poop is pretty harsh with teething right now and is prone to goopy or even liquid poo. His butt has blistered twice so far because of it.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!! !!!!!!!!! work.people.driving.me.crazy. sheesh. getmeouttahere.
    Norah! (3 yr)

I just had the most stressful morning ever. I was getting the kids ready to go play in the snow. We do everything assembly-line, like. Well it was mitten time. For the kids that have the big, bulky mittens, I shove their coat sleeves up as high as they will go. Then I put the mittens on and pull the coat over the top part of the mitten so they don't fall off.
    Well I wrap my fingers around the wrist of one of the girls and go to push her coat sleeve up with my other hand, not realized how tight the part was around her wrist. So it stopped short about an inch above her wrist, causing me to pull on her wrist a bit and startled us both. At first she didn't cry at all but then I exclaimed, "Oh, did I hurt you?" and she started cry. I felt terrible. I comforted her to the max, thoroughly checked her arm, and then we went outside. She wouldn't play. She just sat there holding her arm. I asked her to move it around for me and she said no and cried and cried.
    I was beside myself. I called her mom, told her exactly what happened and that I thought I must have pulled her wrist too hard. Her mom said she'd come right away if I really thought so but that she does this all the time to her dad. He'll accidentally hurt her while playing and she'll wail like she broke a bone and not speak to him for the rest of the night. That he's almost been in tears before thinking her hurt her. She said to try saying nothing about it and distract her and see what happened.
    I was skeptical but said I'd call her back in 30 minutes. I admit I didn't take mom's advice. I took the kids inside and took off her shirt to check her. She had been giggling outside but when I took her shirt off and asked her if it hurt, again she started to cry and wouldn't put her arm back through the sleeve. So I called mom, in tears myself and said she was hurt for real. Mom said she'd be right there. I set her up comfy on the couch and told the rest of the kids to stay back while I set the table. Well, no sooner do I turn my back and the little girl picks up a ball with the arm she's been holding limp for 45 minutes and whips it across the room. So I ask her to climb into the loft and bring me a baby doll. She climbs with both hands and picks up a heavy basket of blocks with the "hurt" arm.
    Man, she's totally fine! Thank goodness but she had me sick to my stomach thinking I actually hurt this child! I called mom right away and she was halfway here but said she figured as much and was going to turn around and go back to work. She said she's so sorry her daughter did that to me. I'm like You???? I'm sorry. I feel like an incompetent shlup.

Oh Bridget it wasn't your fault. You did the right thing by calling her mom and letting her know what happened. What if she really had been hurt and you thought nothing of it and they found out later that she was hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    That's how they were for sheesh, like the first five years. They had a long distance relationship and lived like 3 or so hours from each other. Then she sold her house and moved in with him. The saddest part of the split up is that as she was getting her stuff out of her storage to move to AZ (where my brothers are) she told me, "I never thought my life would be reduced to this."

This is only my moms third boyfriend in her whole life. She was married to my dad, then dated one other guy in between my dad and this guy.
    Awww, that's really sad.

Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!! !!!!!!!!! work.people.driving.me.crazy. sheesh. getmeouttahere.
    Hope your work day is over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    I just had the most stressful morning ever. I was getting the kids ready to go play in the snow. We do everything assembly-line, like. Well it was mitten time. For the kids that have the big, bulky mittens, I shove their coat sleeves up as high as they will go. Then I put the mittens on and pull the coat over the top part of the mitten so they don't fall off.
    Well I wrap my fingers around the wrist of one of the girls and go to push her coat sleeve up with my other hand, not realized how tight the part was around her wrist. So it stopped short about an inch above her wrist, causing me to pull on her wrist a bit and startled us both. At first she didn't cry at all but then I exclaimed, "Oh, did I hurt you?" and she started cry. I felt terrible. I comforted her to the max, thoroughly checked her arm, and then we went outside. She wouldn't play. She just sat there holding her arm. I asked her to move it around for me and she said no and cried and cried.
    I was beside myself. I called her mom, told her exactly what happened and that I thought I must have pulled her wrist too hard. Her mom said she'd come right away if I really thought so but that she does this all the time to her dad. He'll accidentally hurt her while playing and she'll wail like she broke a bone and not speak to him for the rest of the night. That he's almost been in tears before thinking her hurt her. She said to try saying nothing about it and distract her and see what happened.
    I was skeptical but said I'd call her back in 30 minutes. I admit I didn't take mom's advice. I took the kids inside and took off her shirt to check her. She had been giggling outside but when I took her shirt off and asked her if it hurt, again she started to cry and wouldn't put her arm back through the sleeve. So I called mom, in tears myself and said she was hurt for real. Mom said she'd be right there. I set her up comfy on the couch and told the rest of the kids to stay back while I set the table. Well, no sooner do I turn my back and the little girl picks up a ball with the arm she's been holding limp for 45 minutes and whips it across the room. So I ask her to climb into the loft and bring me a baby doll. She climbs with both hands and picks up a heavy basket of blocks with the "hurt" arm.
    Man, she's totally fine! Thank goodness but she had me sick to my stomach thinking I actually hurt this child! I called mom right away and she was halfway here but said she figured as much and was going to turn around and go back to work. She said she's so sorry her daughter did that to me. I'm like You???? I'm sorry. I feel like an incompetent shlup.
    Eep! I've worked in childcare, and the thought of accidentally hurting someone else's child is pretty terrifying. I'm so glad it was nothing serious.

On a lighter note, I'm baking banana oatmeal cookies. They're pretty good, but the texture is more like banana bread than cookies. This is the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-...II/Detail.aspx

Yum!

Is anyone going to watch American Idol this season? I just watched the first round of auditions from last night.

Nope, I've never watched it. I love me some So You Think You Can Dance though.

You guys need to post more. I'm bored.

I don't always watch AI. I need something to watch though, so I think I will watch this season (recorded, so I can watch it while Josh naps)
    I know it's so staged, but I enjoy watching people sing.

I might watch it when it gets to real singers. I HATE the beginning stuff where it's basically making fun of people and hurting their feelings. I just find that too mean and hard to watch.

But it really does take up a huge chunk of my nights later this spring!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

They don't show AI here until after a few weeks after it starts, I think and I just can't be bothered to watch it. I don't watch anything episodic besides Lost. Is episodic a word? LOL.

I cannot believe how much work people get me down. I was in this fabulous mood today, despite having a cavity filled this morning, and over the course of a 1.5 hour meeting, they just brought me down. I don't know why really, but the whole tone of our group has gone down the tubes. People are so dismissive of ideas, cut you off when you talk, are generally nasty to each other....and given that I'm close-ish to being done and want to be out of there SO BAD, my tolerance for their B.S. is zero.

I wish I could just not let it bug me. How can I get in a good mood in 10 minutes for my lovely kid? Hard.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    They don't show AI here until after a few weeks after it starts, I think and I just can't be bothered to watch it. I don't watch anything episodic besides Lost. Is episodic a word? LOL.
    I think it is, but I don't know if it's used in that context LOL

I cannot believe how much work people get me down. I was in this fabulous mood today, despite having a cavity filled this morning, and over the course of a 1.5 hour meeting, they just brought me down. I don't know why really, but the whole tone of our group has gone down the tubes. People are so dismissive of ideas, cut you off when you talk, are generally nasty to each other....and given that I'm close-ish to being done and want to be out of there SO BAD, my tolerance for their B.S. is zero.

I wish I could just not let it bug me. How can I get in a good mood in 10 minutes for my lovely kid? Hard.
    I understand! Once you've kind of mentally checked out of something it's really hard to put up with things you could maybe normally put up with. That happens to me when I decide I want to leave a job, or like now, when I'm not sure I want to leave DH or not.

I confess I kinda have to put together some thoughts for the therapist tomorrow. I'm going to ask for some good pills and a therapist to talk to once a week (that isn't too much to ask, right? Therapists see adults once a week sometimes don't they, or is that something I'm remembering from therapy as a teen that they don't do once you should be a responsible adult? LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    I might watch it when it gets to real singers. I HATE the beginning stuff where it's basically making fun of people and hurting their feelings. I just find that too mean and hard to watch.

But it really does take up a huge chunk of my nights later this spring!
    That's why I record it and watch it later--so I can fast forward through the bad singers.

I confess that I'm in a major funk guys and I think I need to get evaluated for depression, for the first time ever in my life.

Oh no Janeen! What's wrong?