Page 233 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1331832232312322332342352432833337331233 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,990 of 44505

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Underwear 8
    Potty 0
    Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    LOL Lydia
    Back when I tried PTing with Josh he went through about 12 pairs by noon one day.
    Note to self, when I get ready for PT, purchase underwear by the dozens.

Lydia, I guess I don't have to ask if you still wear the twins. Love the siggy pic!
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess sleeping at my parents house for 5 days around Christmas (we got home late Tuesday night this week) was exhausting. Liam was having nothing to do with the PNP and so we ended up bedsharing. But Tred and I are too fluffy to share a full size bed with our little man, and the queen size bed in the guest room (the full is actually in the master bedroom) is hard as a rock and painful to be on more than about 30 minutes.

I set up a make shift side rail with chairs weighted down in the guest room (the hard queen bed), and Tred and I would take shift throughout the night sleeping on the "The Rock" and the full size bed - which is much softer, but is NOT our sleep number bed. We'd switch about 2 am, or maybe 5 am. Plus Liam is teething (it would not surprise me if all 4 canines came in at the same time) and getting a cold.

Dinner tonight was just what we could scrounge up - Tred had pastrami and provolone in pita, I had scrambled egg and cheese in pita (in the second one I put a piece of pastrami - first time I had it), and Liam had fish sticks (which I evidently way over cooked - I was nursing and not watching them - no wonder he wasn't interested in eating them. I ate his last one and could have broken a tooth), peas, and a huge handful of blueberries.

I didn't get to sleep last night till probably almost 3 am, and Liam was up at 6:30 to nurse and fully awake by 7 am. I'm looking forward to bedtime tonight and have no illusions of making it to ring in the new year awake. I'd much rather bring it in with a better night's sleep. Oh, and some vit C and zinc, as I'm getting the cold Liam has, and his is getting worse.

Happy New Year All!
    Last edited by sunrider; 12-31-2009 at 07:01 PM.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I, too, must be boring and obvious because my MIL drives me batty.
    At least I'm not alone! I hope that didn't come off as insulting to anyone...its just one of those cliches I had hoped to avoid. Alas...no luck. I suppose I'm not the perfect DIL either.
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Sounds delicious, Katy. :belly: Have fun tonight!

I confess I just found out that my grandmother is likely going to die soon. She was doing so much better - had gotten over the pneumonia and staph infection (and the other crap that was going on)... but they found out a few days ago that her heart is only working at 10% of its capacity. They flew her to DC and a team of cardiologists looked at her and came to the conclusion that a pacemaker wouldn't make a difference. Or maybe they didn't want to risk it since she'd likely die on the table? From what my dad (briefly) told me, they are going to send her home and send hospice out once a week.

Poor Moo... she's so scared. She's very religious so I don't think she's scared of the after, just of it actually happening.
    I'm so sorry!!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I confess DH is sick and has been throwing up ALL day and pooping like there's no tomorrow. We had plans to drink and be merry and ring in the new year in a fun, awesome way(How, I don't know, but I mean it was supposed to be HAPPY and cheerful and celebratory). Not happening. He's laying on the couch shivering and with a trashcan near, and I can't help but to be irritated and biotchy about it. I'm trying not to show it, so it's realllllly hard to be all "are you ok, baby?" when all I want to do is punch him in the head and tell him to get over it. But how can you get over throwing up???? Oh yeah.....you don't until you get better.

I confess I feel like a BAD wife for admitting that! LOL. But I never feel this way toward him, so.........maybe I deserve a little leeway?
    I confess Elizabeth was throwing up in this same manner the day before yesterday and I didn't want to punch her at all! In fact, I cried for her a few times. LOL

I totally understand Big E. It's not because he's sick or because HE is ruining the night...just that the night is ruined. Been there Sweetpea!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    I totally understand Big E. It's not because he's sick or because HE is ruining the night...just that the night is ruined. Been there Sweetpea!
    That's exactly it. So, alas, here I am. We'll be in bed by 10 i'm sure. Poor nasty man.

Maggie!

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    It's just the Italian name for slow braised lamb shank. That's what I'm saying - my dh is kooky for cooking! I make things like soup, toast, cereal and candy, but he is a real chef!
    Ahhh....I like to cook but never had lamb. I like to make basic things, pasta, tacos, roasts, soups, chili.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Shutter, I'm so sorry.

Maggie Hi!

Elmobo....sorry DH is sick and tonight will not be much fun.

Bridget, sounds like a fun day/night! I was surprised at how much I did like the first chipmunk movie and am looking forward to seeing this one when it comes to video.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

Thanks for the . My dad called a while ago and made it seem like she has a few more years, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Her heart is barely working. They'll send her home with oxygen and hospice, and that's it. She needs to stay in the hospital for a while and be monitored, have her heart watched, etc. But no, Medicare said they won't pay for that so they're kicking her out.

Ashley, I hope your DH feels better soon! You all have had a rough run-in with sickness lately.

Maggie, my MIL and I get along. But we can't talk to each other and we only see each other maybe once every couple of months? So it works. I didn't care for her when we stayed with them (briefly)... She was pretty controlling.

12. Default

I confess I am having a glass of champagne to toast a new year and new life!

and I confess I got lucky, and really love my MIL. I will continue to call her my MIL even after the divorce, and will most likely see her more than I will see B. (dropping the girls off etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post

and I confess I got lucky, and really love my MIL. I will continue to call her my MIL even after the divorce, and will most likely see her more than I will see B. (dropping the girls off etc...)
    I have been thinking about you a bit and hoping that you will quickly come to a place of acceptance about what is happening in your life. You have two beautiful children and enough love for everyone. Endings are also beginnings. And you are incredibly lucky to have a good MIL! I hope that relationship will continue to be strong so that your children will have as many loving people in their lives as possible.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Thanks for the . My dad called a while ago and made it seem like she has a few more years, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Her heart is barely working. They'll send her home with oxygen and hospice, and that's it. She needs to stay in the hospital for a while and be monitored, have her heart watched, etc. But no, Medicare said they won't pay for that so they're kicking her out.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post

I'm happy that you have her. When my dad left, my mom still had my dad's parents. Even after my dad remarried, they still preferred my mom. They were like the parents she never had and they were always there for me. I miss those old people.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Katy, your dinner sounds oh-so-tasty! How did it go?

Ashley1, is your dh feeling better?

Ashley2, I'm glad you're going to maintain a good relationship with your MIL.

Kim, I'm sorry your grandmother is not doing well.

Maggie, thanks for checking in! I have issues with my MIL too. It's not anything in particular she's done to me (although showing up from 8 hours away with 15 minutes notice when I was heavily pregnant with my twins because she didn't want me to clean was annoying). I just don't like the way she has treated and continues to treat my dh. Giving a 5-year-old the silent treatment for days or weeks for some little infraction when they live in complete isolation seems like abuse. She did the same thing to us this summer after he took too long to call her after he returned from a business trip. She wouldn't talk to us for months, and canceled a planned trip up here to see the twins because her feelings were hurt. Then she complains that she doesn't see them enough. I get really mad on dh's behalf and I have a hard time letting it go.

I grew up in a family that rarely got upset, but if there were strong feelings, they were talked about and dealt with and compromises were made. I am starting to realize that is pretty rare, but to have an adult exhibit such petty behavior throughout her life, when caring for a child and role-modeling, makes me sad.

Sorry to write a book. C'mon, let's all talk about our MIL's quirks.

Oh, and Sunrider, I don't actually still wear the twins. I just traded in some outgrown maternity clothes for a sling for the new baby, and the twins really wanted to try it out. It hurt my shoulder after about 5 minutes. I think 30 pounds is too much to carry that way.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 01-01-2010 at 08:54 AM.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Yet another reason I think Yahoo questions is made up entirely of trolls here.

Kim, I sure hope your grandma has some kind of quality of live for however long she has left. I'm going through the same with my grandma and this was more than likely her last holiday season. I hope your dad is right and she has a couple more years. But hopefully it's not suffering either.

I got really lucky with my MIL. She's not a toe-stepper, and she's great to the kids and loves us all. I'm really thankful to have a MIL I love. It would be hard if we didn't get along.

Ashley, i'm really happy to hear you and your MIL have a good relationship, and that's awesome you can expect her to be there for you and the girls. I'm sure she's pretty pissed at B. right about now. I know my inlaws would totally take my side over DH's if he did to me what B. is doing to you. You're lucky! This makes me happy.

Lydia, I love the picture. I'm sorry for your DH and you and the kids having to deal with your MIL's looniness. Don't they realize they'd have a better relationship with their sons if they just acted right???? What in the world???

Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    Yet another reason I think Yahoo questions is made up entirely of trolls here.

Yeah, this has to be a joke. I mean...there aren't people who actually THINK this...right?
    OK, this could be true, actually. When I was pregnant with Elizabeth...about..7 months pregnant, DH and I were at my aunt's house hanging out. My mom, my one aunt, and my other aunt were all there. My aunt Candy had her 18 month old there with her. At one point, Miranda came running up to me with red stuff ALL OVER her mouth. Stained. I thought "what in the world?" I smelled her. It was WINE! I freaked. I said "OH gosh, Miranda got into someone's wine!" Her mom acted all concerned and blah blah. A little bit later, miranda and candy came back outside, and Miranda had a sippy cup of something. She kept taking drinks, wincing, and putting the cup down. Then she'd pick it back up, and repeat. I thought....."what in the WORLD is she doing?" My stupid biotch face of an aunt was putting wine in her sippy cup!!!! Yep, she TOTALLY TOTALLY DID! My mom kicked her a$$ from one end of the yard to the other. She lost her daughter for a while because of that, had to take parenting classes, and STILL doesn't have her full time. I thought I seen it all before that...

My grandmother gave me a full glass of wine once before bed because I was sick and coughing too much and keeping her up. I was 10, though.

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    Yeah, this has to be a joke. I mean...there aren't people who actually THINK this...right?
    OK, this could be true, actually. When I was pregnant with Elizabeth...about..7 months pregnant, DH and I were at my aunt's house hanging out. My mom, my one aunt, and my other aunt were all there. My aunt Candy had her 18 month old there with her. At one point, Miranda came running up to me with red stuff ALL OVER her mouth. Stained. I thought "what in the world?" I smelled her. It was WINE! I freaked. I said "OH gosh, Miranda got into someone's wine!" Her mom acted all concerned and blah blah. A little bit later, miranda and candy came back outside, and Miranda had a sippy cup of something. She kept taking drinks, wincing, and putting the cup down. Then she'd pick it back up, and repeat. I thought....."what in the WORLD is she doing?" My stupid biotch face of an aunt was putting wine in her sippy cup!!!! Yep, she TOTALLY TOTALLY DID! My mom kicked her a$$ from one end of the yard to the other. She lost her daughter for a while because of that, had to take parenting classes, and STILL doesn't have her full time. I thought I seen it all before that...
    O... M... G...

ETA - I was given tablespoons of warm cognac when I was sick, starting probably at age 8. Not a popular decision in America, but at least it was an itty bitty bit very rarely haha.
    Last edited by WillowSpy; 01-01-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Yeah, she was a year and a half old, stumbling around the pavement, drunk. I could understand the teaspoon of cognac (even though I wouldn't give it to my kids) especially since you were 8. And even the wine since you were 10 (again, I wouldn't give it to my kids, but.....times have changed. lol)

shutterbird Guest

I confess Lore is dancing to rave music. It's pretty hilarious.

Lydia, I love the new siggy. Your kiddos (though Claire is only pictured) look so well behaved and sweet.

Holy crap, Ashley. I think I would've taken a part in the beating.

I confess Lore is dancing to rave music. It's pretty hilarious.

Lydia, I love the new siggy. Your kiddos (though Claire is only pictured) look so well behaved and sweet.

Holy crap, Ashley. I think I would've taken a part in the beating.
    haha she's just way too cute for me to stand. Yeah, if I wasn't 7 months pregnant I would've kicked her while she was down!

I confess that my pregnant ass stayed up wayyyyyy too late last night.

Oh and I confess that my tired self woke up to NO coffee in the house. Uh...yeah, Jimi is at Starbucks right now.

Oh, I forgot to tell you I am one of the people who did not stay up until midnight. I was woken up out of a sound sleep to hear this banging and I grabbed dh in a panic and told him that someone was knocking hard on one of our windows. He and I both checked out the whole house, hearts pounding, and then dh reminded me that it was midnight and it was probably fireworks.

D'oh!

I'm glad they can pull that look off. It comes in handy later on. I have to confess that Claire especially is a totally wild child, and I am a little envious of parents who say their children stay next to them when out or listen to them. But they are incredibly sweet. Claire has been waking me up lately by climbing into bed and saying "Wake up, Mommy! I love you" and wrapping her arms around me and cuddling for a bit.

lol well I came home to some jackass being parked in my RESERVED spot. So I wrote a note that said "FYI - These parking spots are RESERVED." and put it on the windshield.

I woke up to the car still parked there.