Page 23 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast

Thread: Secular Confessions

Thanks Alisha! You know you are too! I might actually try it one day. For now, I gotta get my social life in order first!

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
    I confess I think I might be pregnant. However, I've thought this 4 times since Stella's birth, and I've always been wrong.

However, my period isn't due for a week, but I had strange spotting. (I spotted with implantation with Stella.) I've had bizarre abdominal cramping and sporatic nausea. I know it would be INSANELY early for morning sickness, but I don't get nauseous very often.

So...we'll see. We wanted to wait until Stella was closer to 3 to have our second, but we'd be happy nonetheless (she'd be 22 months -- I did the math).

I'll KUP.
    Woo! Another secular baby (maybe)!!!

lost our bean to Triploidy Sep 2010

I confess I gave up on catching up and now just read the last two pages.

Also I confess...

I secretly listen to country music sometimes. And I'm not talking Johnny Cash or old Hank Williams, like the really uncool contemporary country music that drips with Christian sentiment. WTH is wrong with me.

I also confess that my IRL people would be horrified.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingandDreaming View Post
    I confess that I love this forum for that exact reason. I love intelligent convos, even if I don't agree with everything being said lol
    Ditto
    I confess that I only read the first page and a bit. I confess I don't have time to keep up with 11+ pages of confessions and it defeats me to even think of trying to.

I confess my dd's bf is uber-religious
    I confess that I am waiting for her to 'find Jesus' and am dreading it.
    I confess that I felt like smacking MIL and FIL when they prayed at the dinner table ONLY because dd's dbf was there. They have never prayed any other time.

I confess that I threw out my bibles that I used as a child/teenager...just tossed them in the bin...and waited for the lightening to strike me down...
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

I confess I am confused...there are 6 hundred and some odd posts and 3 thousand and some-odd gawkers...

I confess I thought of another confession, and forgot now that I am here...it was a good one too...

OH YEAH!
    I confess that my ex-bff (long story, just a friend, now) continues to send me uber religious emails...a lot... and it drives me bonkers!
    I confess that I was in the office yesterday and a co-worker opened an email from the big cheese at our place...again an uber religious email...disgustingly so, actually...everyone crowded around, thinking it was going to be a funny one from this guy and slowly trickled away rolling their eyes.
    I myself would have been furious, but the recipient of this email just sent it back to the sender 10 times. He said if he ticked the sender off, that would be his good fortune
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

6. Default

I confess I found out yesterday that we will be attending a Lesbian couples wedding this summer! I am excited!

Quote Originally Posted by melanie_777 View Post
    Woo! Another secular baby (maybe)!!!
    We'll see. I'm still spotting occasionally, so I don't really know what's going on. My period isn't technically due until around Sunday, so I'm confused by all this.

And our baby would be a secular Jew. Slight distinction, but you know.

I confess that I kind of hope DD's nap doesn't take because I want to go to storytime at the library on this ugly, rainy day.

I confess that I think my upstair's neighbor is a psycho killer and I probably shouldn't have gone up to yell at him for making banging noises at midnight the other night. I have the deadbolt locked right now.

But I also confess that I'm a drama queen, a conspiracy theorist, and totally neurotic, so everything I said should be taken with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by teachermom View Post
    And our baby would be a secular Jew.:

Secular Jew, that sounds like my sister. I think its the dominant religion of Park Slope.

I confess I'm super surprised at the secular bisexual women . . . who knew???
    Is there a man alive who isn't turned on by the thought of two women making out? Oh, they might SAY they're not, but secretly . . . .
    I confess I don't know how to do the mulitquote thing and sure would like to. Maybe it's not compatible with Firefox and APA forums are IE snobs?

I'm driving the "viewed" number up cause I come in here and check other posts but don't always post myself. There's probably a lot of us doing that.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Last edited by Rin; 05-05-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I don't know how to do the mulitquote thing and sure would like to. Maybe it's not compatible with Firefox and APA forums are IE snobs?
    Right next to the "quote" button there's a little blue button that has a quotation mark in it: " If you click that in multiple posts and then click "post reply" they will all show up in the reply screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rin View Post
    NO FAIR! I thought of you on the toilet this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Right next to the "quote" button there's a little blue button that has a quotation mark in it: " If you click that in multiple posts and then click "post reply" they will all show up in the reply screen.
    You rock Bean. No idea why I didn't ask that sooner.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by rhiannasmoms43 View Post
    I confess I am confused...there are 6 hundred and some odd posts and 3 thousand and some-odd gawkers...
    We are stalked
    Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess I found out yesterday that we will be attending a Lesbian couples wedding this summer! I am excited!
    Awesome! Pics?
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I'm super surprised at the secular bisexual women . . . who knew???
    Is there a man alive who isn't turned on by the thought of two women making out? Oh, they might SAY they're not, but secretly . . . .

I'm driving the "viewed" number up cause I come in here and check other posts but don't always post myself. There's probably a lot of us doing that.
    Bean did say we were all heathens I multi-quote and use Firefox
    What are you doing woman?!?!?
    6[/B] pounds down 34 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by *Nat* View Post
    Thanks Alisha! You know you are too! I might actually try it one day. For now, I gotta get my social life in order first!

I confess that I'm supposed to be trimming up/shaping up for the end of June when we are on vacation in Spain, but I can't stop eating. I have got to get my stomach in touch with my brain so they can communicate a little better...lol.

NO FAIR! I thought of you on the toilet this morning.
    OMG!!!

OMG!!!
    I thought you'd like that. But seriously, I did. I brought my Blackberry in there so I could check my emails and I thought about texting you to tell you but that would've been a shade to weird for even me. After yesterday's conversation it was hard to stop myself.

Hey I was sooo texting Ashley(Tenielle) on the pot.

Yeah, but we know you're weird. That's not surprising at all.

Yeah, but we know you're weird. That's not surprising at all.

I confess I never went to prom or homecoming because they wouldn't let me bring my g/f

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    I confess I never went to prom or homecoming because they wouldn't let me bring my g/f
    That really sucks. I went to prom, but alone, because I was an uber-mega-nerd.

I confess that I feel crumby. Exhausted. Slightly achy. Sick to my stomach. Blech.

I thought you'd like that. But seriously, I did. I brought my Blackberry in there so I could check my emails and I thought about texting you to tell you but that would've been a shade to weird for even me. After yesterday's conversation it was hard to stop myself.
    Sorry Cass, but I'm fairly certain I've texted you on the pot before... I just never told you.

Quote Originally Posted by AlishaAnew View Post
    When my ex-gf graduated junior high (YES, I know! But I was only a freshman in HS! LOL) they had made a stink about us before so we totally made out all over the place just to piss them off and they couldn't do anything about it.

Sorry Cass, but I'm fairly certain I've texted you on the pot before... I just never told you.
    Oh okay. I'll feel free to communicate while I'm eliminating from now on.

When my ex-gf graduated junior high (YES, I know! But I was only a freshman in HS! LOL) they had made a stink about us before so we totally made out all over the place just to piss them off and they couldn't do anything about it.
    At my HS you would get a detention or worse if you were showing PDA(Public Display of Affection)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess I wonder what percentage of us secular girls are firefox users but I've never made a poll and I'm too lazy to do it. Plus I have to go make dinner now. And it seems like one of my other favorite sites, Reddit, has a huge amount of atheist posts. In fact, there is a whole atheist sub-Reddit.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 05-05-2009 at 06:12 PM.

I confess I was super stoked that when I checked facebook the other day, I didn't get bombarded with a whole page full of religious testimony, since all you secular ladies friended me. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

Erin

I confess DH has an unfounded fear that I'm bisexual because I appreciate the female body and think naked women are more interesting to look at than naked men.

I confess that I'm feeling some satisfaction in something stupid this woman did that I really, really, REALLY don't like.

She got the name "Baca" tattooed on HER NECK to try and "prove her love" to mine and DH's room mate whose last name is Baca. He told her not to and she got drunk and did it anyway. She also came home (to my sisters house because she is my sisters stepdaughter) with a bunch of hickies on her neck from the tattoo artist. OH YEAH, proving her love right? Anywho, I went to work today and was telling some coworkers about it who are aware of my dislike for this woman. They proceed to tell me that Baca comes from the spanish word Vaca and it means COW! She has this tattooed on the side of her neck now and it has had me laughing ALL day long!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

That is so funny!

I went to prom with my BFF. I love her. Or, loved since we arent best friends anymore... lol.

I confess I went to Catholic High school.