Page 228 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1281782182262272282292302382783287281228 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,840 of 44504

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    Ugh. I confess TTC is getting all religious again.
    I confess this is the very reason I started staying out of the TTC NET thread.

Big hugs to you.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

I more or less avoid TTC too. Pretty much all I started out with have graduated and some are either on seconds or going for seconds.
    And the whole prayer thing annoys me as does the whole Gods will thing.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    And the whole prayer thing annoys me as does the whole Gods will thing.
    This. I will never understand how that is supposed to be comforting.

2/09 6/09 4/14

I confess that I am sooooooooooooo excited!!!!

We started planning our Valentines weekend getaway today. We are going to Stanley Hotel in Estes Park (from The Shining) for the weekend AND before we leave...we are having our 3D/4D ultrasound on the 12th at 1pm. EVEN BETTER is that I am getting the Sonostream Live which means ANYONE in the world can see it happening LIVE while we are seeing it. All I have to do is send invites via email and then the people can log on and see it. If they can't view it while it's happening (won't be home or whatever) they can view it later on demand. Soooooooooooo cool!!!

I am SO happy and excited to be able to share this with not only my family and friends who live wherever but also...MY APA GIRLS!!!

Nevermind. I'm such an asshat. Jimi just realized that anyone who wants to do it has to pay 12.95 themselves. What a dork I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Today I bought a guitar. Never played one in my life. I left it in the car because I don't want dbf to deflate me.
    I'm full of new ventures and I have this crazy urge to get rid of most of my clothes and material belongings to make way for my new hobbies.
    WTF?
    Bridget, I bought a guitar this summer never having played one before. I love it, although I haven't played it much lately as I've been busy. I got it out again two nights ago and played it as I'm finally starting to relax after the holidays.

Don't let dbf get you down. Do it for you. Hobbies are a good thing.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    That looks amazing! Is it a hot spring? My dh and I went to 10,000 Waves in Santa Fe and had such an amazing time sitting naked outside in a hot tub in the middle of a huge snowstorm. It was fun to get hot in the tub and then jump out and make naked snow angels in freshly fallen powder and then real quick jump back in the hot tub.
    Yep, it's the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. It's not too far from where I live. I've done the naked snow angels thing too, though I was very, very drunk at the time. I could never do it sober!

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Bridget, I bought a guitar this summer never having played one before. I love it, although I haven't played it much lately as I've been busy. I got it out again two nights ago and played it as I'm finally starting to relax after the holidays.

Don't let dbf get you down. Do it for you. Hobbies are a good thing.
    Hey, thanks. I guess with all of this tragedy surrounding me lately I feel this panic to BE ME. I don't want to lose myself to all the sadness, stress and worry. Life is clearly too short.
    Thank you for the encouragement. I do appreciate it.

I totally understand that. I think that's why I got the guitar, too. There was too much going wrong in my life and I needed a way to forget about it. I'm glad I got it.
    Me (39) DH (46) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Janeen, the ultrasound sounds really cool. Do you think people will pay to see it?
    And how cool about the hotel. I've seen the movie a couple times. Great book, too.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Janeen, the ultrasound sounds really cool. Do you think people will pay to see it?
    And how cool about the hotel. I've seen the movie a couple times. Great book, too.
    My sister in law probably will, my mom maybe. Maybe my friend in Maine who wants to come after baby is born. I will throw the option out there and let them do what they want. I am sure my boss will pay to see it and then everyone in the office can watch it with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    This. I will never understand how that is supposed to be comforting.
    yeah me too. Because that means that if there is a god and I believed, I must really be a sucky horrible person.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by bridgetwu75 View Post
    Hey, thanks. I guess with all of this tragedy surrounding me lately I feel this panic to BE ME. I don't want to lose myself to all the sadness, stress and worry. Life is clearly too short.
    Thank you for the encouragement. I do appreciate it.
    Having goals and hobbies is one of the things to do for happiness. You should totally go for it.

At least that is a cheap hobby once you have the guitar! In case DBF complains about the cost.

My DH likes trains. He just got an engine, caboose and coal car for $750. thank god he doesn't splurge on it often and is tight with money. But eventually he will need a table, tracks, the control thingy, some grass, trees, buildings, people....
    Trains are so not my thing...but it makes him happy.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Will you get a personal login in or something Janeen? Or a DVD copy? I'm just thinking of ways to great around everyone paying that much.

Though I could my parents and MIL doing it too....they are dying to be grandparents.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Bridget, I know what you mean about being you. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Bridget, I know what you mean about being you. Go for it!
    Me too - I think it is healthy to be alone with yourself, doing whatever you feel like doing, for at least a few hours a week. I don't talk about it much on here because there are a lot of people who would think I am a bad mother for it, but I find it absolutely essential that I have time to myself. That's pretty much why J is in daycare.

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Yep, it's the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. It's not too far from where I live. I've done the naked snow angels thing too, though I was very, very drunk at the time. I could never do it sober!
    I was pretty proud of myself when I got up the courage to do the cold plunge into almost freezing water in the middle of winter after getting overheated in the tub. But they put the cold plunge out in the walkway area between the private hot tubs and I got caught running naked by one of the staffers - very embarrassing!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

shutterbird Guest

Back in MD, there's a yearly Polar Bear Plunge to raise money for the Special Olympics. http://www.plungemd.com/whats_the_plunge.shtml

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

When I was about 10, I went on a weeklong river rafting trip with my dad and a bunch of other environmentalists. All the men built a sweatloadge and we roasted in there and then ran and jumped off the cliffs into the Rio Grande river. It was a huge shock.

I really liked feeling like part of the group, all naked and sweaty surrounded by all these naked bearded guys with potbellies, talking about important issues and bonding, but I know that would be questioned in this day and age. It really was a good trip. It did not seem weird to me at all.

I confess DH and I decided to do a once-a-week vegetarian night. Tonight I made noodles out of zucchini, steamed them and the made sauce (OK, Emeril made the sauce). He's only complaining slightly but it was soooooooooo good....

2/09 6/09 4/14

I confess I have eaten half a bag of holiday m&ms today. I don't even like m&ms.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I confess I went here today:

Mia loved it!
    Wow! That looks amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I confess I have eaten half a bag of holiday m&ms today. I don't even like m&ms.
    LOL, I keep snagging those too--the inlaws gave some to Josh and I don't normally like them either.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

So I have a dilemma--you might remember the neighbors we are having so many problems with, right? I thought I saw the dad put their baby's car seat in the front seat of his car, and then not strap it down before he left. There is no base there. I thought I must have not been paying attention, but then dh thought he saw the same thing today. He's just driving around with his one-year-old strapped into a loose car seat next to him. We can't talk to them about it. We're not on speaking terms right now. If I call CPS, I can see major retaliation in our future (even though it is anonymous, I'm sure they would guess). Also, he hardly ever takes their child out in the car so if CPS were to come out they wouldn't be able to find anything. Can you think of any way I can help this child stay safe without being antagonistic? I don't think they're bad parents, but obviously very clueless.

We aren't even allowed to have a child under 5' or under 100lbs or under the age of 12(?) in the front seat EVER in Ont. Is this legal in your state?

I would have to say something...I have never been good with the silent treatment though, on my side or on others.
    Me: Julie-46 DH: Kelly-52 DD: Rhianna-17 DS: Gage-He's 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    So I have a dilemma--you might remember the neighbors we are having so many problems with, right? I thought I saw the dad put their baby's car seat in the front seat of his car, and then not strap it down before he left. There is no base there. I thought I must have not been paying attention, but then dh thought he saw the same thing today. He's just driving around with his one-year-old strapped into a loose car seat next to him. We can't talk to them about it. We're not on speaking terms right now. If I call CPS, I can see major retaliation in our future (even though it is anonymous, I'm sure they would guess). Also, he hardly ever takes their child out in the car so if CPS were to come out they wouldn't be able to find anything. Can you think of any way I can help this child stay safe without being antagonistic? I don't think they're bad parents, but obviously very clueless.
    Well, he!!, it can't get much worse, right? Why don't you call the non-emergency number for the police and ask them the best way to go about helping these people learn about car seat safety before something terrible happens.

I confess...I'm leaving. I'm half drunk and I just found out that that a bunch of people around here don't like me. I think that I come across in writing a lot differnt than I am in person.I really did like coming to this room and this thread.

I really hope that everything goes well for everyone here.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

shutterbird Guest

That is INSANE! I really, really hope nothing bad happens to that poor baby. Maybe go the police-route instead of CPS? Just anonymously report it as seeing them _______ (location) at a certain time, but don't give your name. Crazy!

Wow, what an incredibly dumb & dangerous thing to do! What does he think it is, a space capsule with a parachute on it?? I agree with the others - report it to the police. Is it busy where you live? Hopefully they'll just assume someone else saw it in traffic.

I confess...I'm leaving. I'm half drunk and I just found out that that a bunch of people around here don't like me. I think that I come across in writing a lot differnt than I am in person.I really did like coming to this room and this thread.

If I may say so, if everyone left because a bunch of people didn't like them, nobody would be here.
    I hope you come back when you're not drunk and rethink things.

I'm sorry that someone hurt your feelings like that. I hope that you are able to come back use the ignore function to not deal with whoever was a jerk.