Page 226 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1261762162242252262272282362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,780 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    I confess this holiday is beginning to suck. We're tight financially and decided we weren't going to spend much this year. I was feeling really guilty about not getting much for DH. Last night our cat was hiding and we found a lump around her tail and realized she hadn't eaten all day, and when DH felt around her tail she hissed at him. We took her to the emergency vet and they think it's an abcess and they are operating. It's going to cost $800 and luckily they agreed to set up a payment plan or we would have had to leaver her to suffer. I love my kitty, and would do anything for her, but I just spent 10x as much on her as I spent on DH's Christmas present. She's still at the vet's, and I got home and check my email and now my uncle is in the hospital saying he is short of breath and having chest pains. Merry Christmas, everyone.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Hi Ashley! (atenielle)
    I'm so sorry gwennero (I cannot call you gwen since finding out it's your dog's name LOL)

Ohh good luck Janeen with all those people!

Kitty is home and it was an abscess. The vet said it was close to rupturing so thank goodness they were willing to set up a payment plan. She is hiding in my closet now, pissed off but with lots of antibiotics in her system and should be on her way to healing.

My uncle is still in the hospital but they don't think it's his heart fortunately. They're saying it was respiratory and don't know what is going on. If it isn't his heart, that's a good thing at least. I'm not sure who is more upset right now, my cat or my uncle. They're both pretty pissed off at being examined by doctors.

Daylilies, you can still call me Gwen! It's okay, just makes me laugh.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 12-24-2009 at 10:52 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

I confess my MIL apparently drove crazily and never stopped to give her dog a break and she ended up showing up for dinner after all.

Everything turned out tasty except for those stupid carrots. Which I was going to make more of for my sister's dinner tomorrow, but now I am panicking about bringing a crappy side.

Mandy, I'm really sorry about your cat. And your uncle.

Hi Ash, thanks for checking in!

Lydia, sorry to hear the carrots didn't turn out well. I was thinking they sounded really tasty. Glad MIL made it in time after all your work.

I confess I love my new watch.
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

I'm sorry I haven't been around. I only have internet from my phone so I post kind of randomly. Not to mention I feel out of the loop after so long. So I can't paragraph but here's a quick sum of my life. I had my 10 year reunion in September, went swimingly, I got lazy. My computer crashed, again. My mom's condition went down hill mid-October & her digestive system no longer functions. She lives off IV nutrients & can eat some soft foods randomly. In mid-November we were told her cancer had moved to her liver. She did chemo, was sick all the time, then just yesterday we found out she'd live 6 months max if she continued chemo. I'm in a bit of a haze with the holidays & a sick 5 year old & having him around my mom who has no immunity. I am struggling with death, because I don't believe in 'god' or 'heaven' but I do believe in something after death, just not sure what I guess. I am lost & frustrated & depressed & just all over the place. I miss you guys, and when I get my computer back online or get a new laptop I'll be around again. Sorry to those who have already read my story. I wish you guys a very merry Christmas, Krismas, nothing, etc... Love & hugs ya'll...
    Me (Erin), Dh (Sean), Aidan~6, Liam~3, Meara, The Newbie

I confess that there's a REALLY big box in our living room that says "To the 28 year old girl from the 41,000 year old boy."
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Hi Rin, thanks for checking in. I now have a phone with internet and don't understand how anyone can post from that. It is such a pain to type more than a few words on it. Maybe it's a learning curve, but ugh. So thanks even more for giving such a thorough update.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. What a difficult time for all of you.

And you don't need to stay caught-up. This is the kind of place you can jump in and out, whenever. I won't hold it against you that you don't know about whatever drama happened last week.

----------------------

Janeen, do you think it's some kind of immortality potion? Or an alien souvenir? It seems like an awfully intriguing tag.

It's a curio cabinet to put my porcelain dolls in. During the last move I was so fed up with moving them from storage to storage I was REALLY wanting to sell them all! Jimi told me I couldn't though and now I have a place to put them. I have had them for a long time and they have done nothing but sit in boxes in storage. He must have known he was running out of time and I would sell in due time.

I confess....my house is destroyed. It's covered from top to bottom with pink, purple, and girly crap. Stamps, markers, dolls, toys everywhere. Everything makes noise or has little parts. Everything needs put together, and the only food i've made for anyone today is cinnamon rolls. I'm not touching this house today (mainly because DH says I can't) and both girls are napping. Now DH is saying the only Christmas present he wants is to DTD under the tree. I want to punch him in his head. Seriously. Let's have sex under the xmas tree in the middle of the day when Elizabeth can get up at any second to come running in. Good idea. DH. I don't have the heart to tell him no on Christmas. We need to improvise.

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I confess about a month ago DD saw a Hannah montana shower curtain at walmart. She confessed her undying love and desire for said shower curtain. DH got her a couple presents that I had no idea about. The man bought her the shower curtain, towel, and floor rug. We have ONE bathroom. One. Yep, that's right folks, my big burly man of a husband is going to put a Hannah Montana shower curtain and accessories into our one bathroom. Ladies, he hates pink, purple, and girly crap. I'm in shock. He is willing to deal with tackiness just to give her pleasure.

WOW. I don't want that in my bathroom. But she's in love. And I couldn't possibly ruin her happiness about it. LOL

OMG you're going to be using the BESTEST bathroom EVER!

I confess that our house is trashed too and I am slowly working on picking it up since we have so many more people coming over for dinner.

I got a WII for Crimbo! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Happy Holidays, girlies!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice silver. I got mine last year for Christmas and we ended up spending like 300 bucks. Every store was sold out and we had to buy it off some guy on Craigslist.

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice silver. I got mine last year for Christmas and we ended up spending like 300 bucks. Every store was sold out and we had to buy it off some guy on Craigslist.
    I got the new limited edition black version, the sports one. I'm so gonna play on it a lot! I like the boxing for aggression release. LOL.

o0o0o0o that boxing has made me sore as heck a time or two!

Mandy, I'm sorry that kitty is suffering.

Ashley....well you DD looks like she would be awfully hard to resist! My dad always REALLY loved (not) putting together all my babie/Hart family things. Everything needed stickers and dad has kind of big hands. LOL

I confess....I have not gotten dressed all day. I have pj's I wear to sleep and others that I like to wear around the house. Since we weren't leaving or having anyone over...yeah we haven't gotten dressed. Opened the dogs presents, watched some Deep Space Nine, read book 8 in the Sookie Stackhouse series while DH played Zelda on the Wii, made french toast for brunch and stuffed peppers for dinner. Dh is napping on the couch and later tonight I heard something about cribbage and some wine and DTD.

I confess...probably won't get dressed tomorrow either. LOL Our big snow storm turned into a rain/freezing rain storm and it's icky out. And tonight it's supposed to get back to snow and all the slush and pooled water is supposed to freeze. As much as I hate snow, I would have rather had that!

I'm actually looking forward to some Jan. weather where we get that super bitter cold where we barely get above zero if we even get above zero....at least than it's not usually snowing plus we tend to get more days with that super bright blue sky.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess I really think DH has a sick pleasure in ruining holidays and other good days for me. I mean I won't go into what we're discussing, but W. T. F.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I confess I really think DH has a sick pleasure in ruining holidays and other good days for me. I mean I won't go into what we're discussing, but W. T. F.
    WTF, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Sorry, hon.

shutterbird Guest

Eh, sorry Kate!

Oh, it wasn't all bad. It's just his male PMS LOL

24. Default

omg Ash. Your DH is so sweet to do that for Elmobo!!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    omg Ash. Your DH is so sweet to do that for Elmobo!!
    haha I know. I'm shocked! LOL.

26. Default

I confess I am NOT looking forward to the drive back to WY. I got sick Christmas night, and puked, slept all the next day. Then felt great this morning, and I think I over did it. I am now achy, and have the chills, and can't eat.

I still have to go pack up my hotel room, and re-fill out some divorce papers so that they have my new address in WY. Then get up and leave the hotel by 6am to take my brother and sister to the airport. Ugh, the holidays SUCK this year!

OH.. and this may be TMI, so sorry!, but coming back from the mall tonight there was a car accident. It took over an hour to get back (normally a 10 minute drive) and had to poop the WHOLE time. Got back and into the bathroom, and it was like peein out of my butt.

shutterbird Guest

Feel better, Ashley!

shutterbird Guest

I confess I'm lazy tonight. DH just scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom. He kept coughing to get my attention, but I wouldn't look at him.

He's sighing up a storm right now. And you know what? I don't feel bad.

Hey guys. I haven't been on much lately. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

I confess that DH & I decided to put aside our differences until after the holidays, then figure out what we want to do. It's been nice not arguing.

I confess that AF is 3 days late.

I confess that I spent way too much money over Christmas. I didn't even buy that much, I swear!

30. Default

I confess this conversation just happened between Audrianna and my dad --

Grandpa - "Are you blowing grandpa a kiss?"
    Audri - "Yeah"
    Grandpa - "You should brush your teeth before you do that." "Do you brush your teeth yet?"
    Audri - Shakes head No
    Grandpa - "Why not?"
    Audri - "Caca!" *giggle*

lol I love that she is talking more! Its so entertaining!!