Page 225 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1251752152232242252262272352753257251225 ... LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,750 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    I think it's just, I'm sick of people sharing their opinions about everything...like I care what she thinks about bringing leftovers home.
    And here I go sharing my opinion too, lol...

May I call her something nasty?? I hate the attitude of waste that so many people have. I don't care if you don't have two cents to rub together or you're Bill Friggin' Gates- don't waste stuff! It goes for everything- TP, food, leaving lights on...it all costs...resources!!! The $$$ is incidental. And the overall cost to us for that attitude will be huge and ugly. Now I'm not one of those 'One square of TP' people- only cause I'd have to jump in the shower to make sure everything was squeaky every time and I don't want to waste that kind of water/energy, lol.

LOL. I don't mind if I'm having a conversation with someone and they go "what do you think about bringing leftovers home" and we have a conversation from there, or if I'm venting and they share their opinion. I just don't like when I'm minding my own business and I'm made to feel like a cheap person because I wanted to bring some food home. I'm going to call her on it whenever she brings something home now. I know she does!

Yeah, I see what you mean. She was out of line for trying to make you feel bad. It sounds like she doesn't have much to go on if she's picking on you for something so ridiculous, lol.

Oh I'm sure she has a lot more to go on. She does random little digs at me sometimes that I usually ignore (or cry to DH about later LOL). But that one was just too absurd to let go.

Your MIL is crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Your MIL is crazy!

You have no idea!
    DH grew up on a dead end road. She wouldn't let him cross the street until he was 14.

Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    Oh I'm sure she has a lot more to go on. She does random little digs at me sometimes that I usually ignore (or cry to DH about later LOL). But that one was just too absurd to let go.
    There are just some people like that. I don't know if it's their sense of humor or not having any social skills/tact or what. Or they just don't think.

I'm not really a sarcastic kind of person myself and like it once in while but just don't really care for it much.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Janeen! Sorry that you have wrap your mind around a boy instead of a girl but congrats on a son!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    There are just some people like that. I don't know if it's their sense of humor or not having any social skills/tact or what. Or they just don't think.

I'm not really a sarcastic kind of person myself and like it once in while but just don't really care for it much.
    She has no social skills. Definitely not a sense of humor. LOL

shutterbird Guest

Congrats Janeen!

Kate, - that is all. (Your MIL, of course.)

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Kate, your MIL is annoying me!

I am glad my MIL doesn't live too close to us. She is driving up today and I'm going to spend all day today cooking a nice prime rib dinner with four sides and dessert. I just got up at 4 AM to start cooking. I just found out late last night that she's leaving late and probably won't be here in time for dinner ("But don't wait for me"). I wouldn't even be making this dinner if it weren't for her.
    Last edited by 3andMe; 12-24-2009 at 08:15 AM. Reason: typo

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Ooh, I have another confession. Stephiegirl posted her picture in Random and I mentioned how pretty she was and said I always pictured her looking like Nelson from the Simpsons because wasn't that in her avatar for so long? She completely denied it, and I realized later it must have been Stephmama that I was thinking of. I think. By that time, it was too late to explain the mixup. I feel like such a dork, and I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Congrats on a son, Janeen!

Lydia, I think that was me.

Speaking of MILs, mine's here. I love the woman, I really do, but man does she make things difficult sometimes. I'm having the period from hell and everything my ILs are doing is driving me a little nutty. LOL

I get stephmama and stephiegirl mixed up too LOL
    Oh man, I wouldn't get up at 4 a.m. to cook for anyone!

I'm sorry for those of you that have difficult MIL's.

I'm bummed because mine lives in Chicago so like about 5-6 hours away from us. We won't be seeing her for the holidays though she is trying to come up for DH's birthday next month.
    DH is an only child and close to his mom so it's a good thing we're very close.
    She's awesome and says she tries to be the kind of MIL she would have wanted. She says she just wants us to be happy.

My only issue with her is that she is a smoker and I can't stand that. She has tried to quit, just never had success. I figure it is like me trying to lose weight...I want to, I try for a bit but than I just can't seem to do it (only times I have ever lost weight was 13 years ago when I took phen-fen and 5 years ago with the gastric bypass....going to be trying to lose 30-40 lbs with a program at work once I get the referral from my doctor next month...I have got to be the only person who gains weight while trying to get pregnant I mean if I was going to gain the weight, I should have at least gotten a baby out of it.).

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My DH drove me to work this morning...and is going to sit here in the lobby reading until I leave in a bit over 3 hours. I'm in the midwest with the big huge winter storm going on and he was worried about me driving (I'm not the bad driver but I'm a nervous one in adverse weather). So far it wasn't too awful this morning yet.

I REALLY didn't want to come in to work but it was hard to use up a PTO day. I'm salaried so if I work a half day, I get paid for the whole day. And we are closing at noon today. So far the clinic has been pretty quiet.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh, my MIL is pretty great. She just has little quirks that drive everyone crazy, not just me.

Quirks can be fun.

Mine has a bit of a mouth like a trucker and gives us way too much info sometimes. Her third husband is 17 years younger than she is and she likes to talk a bit too much about their sex life! Totally embarasses him! And a bit weird because her husband is only about 8 years older than her son. LOL
    It gets really funny when we are together and mom and I have been having our brandy/7up's.

The nice thing though is that MIL took 7 years to get my DH, her only child and took clomid back when it was brand new and he was one of the first babies born from it in our area. So she totally gets the IF stuff. She had one relative who used to say, what's the matter, don't you know how to "F"? How awful is that?
    So even though she really really really wants to be a grandma (and is fine with us adopting)....it's more important that we are just happy together and ok.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Your MIL sounds really cool.

I confess I have watered down juice for years, pretty much for the same reasons. I'm at the point I can't drink OJ "straight" now. And I water down Liam's too.

Lydia, not that MIL is making it for dinner, but what did you decide on for your sides?
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess I will probaby not be on line till next Tues or Wed. My parents are very rural and only have dialup, and I don't know that I can wait for the forum pages to load. LOL

Hope you all have a fantastic Krismas!

ETA: A Fb friend posted this . . .
    Merry Festivus & Happy New Year to all regardless of what giant invisible magic man/woman/spaghetti monster in the sky with a list of things you should/should not do to obtain/avoid certain rewards/consequences that you choose to put faith in. In short, Happy Holidays, or if you celebrate nothing, Happy Hollandaise, that stuff is delicious!
    Last edited by sunrider; 12-24-2009 at 12:54 PM.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Happy Hollandaise, everyone!

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I have watered down juice for years, pretty much for the same reasons. I'm at the point I can't drink OJ "straight" now. And I water down Liam's too.

Lydia, not that MIL is making it for dinner, but what did you decide on for your sides?
    I can't drink straight cranberry juice anymore.

I confess I will probaby not be on line till next Tues or Wed. My parents are very rural and only have dialup, and I don't know that I can wait for the forum pages to load. LOL

Hope you all have a fantastic Krismas!

ETA: A Fb friend posted this . . .
    Merry Festivus & Happy New Year to all regardless of what giant invisible magic man/woman/spaghetti monster in the sky with a list of things you should/should not do to obtain/avoid certain rewards/consequences that you choose to put faith in. In short, Happy Holidays, or if you celebrate nothing, Happy Hollandaise, that stuff is delicious!
    I like that!
    Mmm...Hollandaise...

I'm making Sherry Vinegar and Molasses Glazed Carrots. Since we're also having a salad, I decided it didn't need to be green. Also having mashed potatoes, dinner rolls, and a layered cheesecake with pumpkin pie for dessert.

And dh called her and she still hadn't left. Not only is she not going to be here in time for dinner, but she may not make it before we start getting ready for bed. Grrrrr! I would not even be cooking dinner tonight if it wasn't for her.

27. Default

I confess

I miss all you ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by atenielle View Post
    I confess
    Hi!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that the number has been upped. We now have 19 people coming for Christmas dinner tomorrow.

I confess this holiday is beginning to suck. We're tight financially and decided we weren't going to spend much this year. I was feeling really guilty about not getting much for DH. Last night our cat was hiding and we found a lump around her tail and realized she hadn't eaten all day, and when DH felt around her tail she hissed at him. We took her to the emergency vet and they think it's an abcess and they are operating. It's going to cost $800 and luckily they agreed to set up a payment plan or we would have had to leaver her to suffer. I love my kitty, and would do anything for her, but I just spent 10x as much on her as I spent on DH's Christmas present. She's still at the vet's, and I got home and check my email and now my uncle is in the hospital saying he is short of breath and having chest pains. Merry Christmas, everyone.
    Last edited by Gwenn; 12-24-2009 at 05:27 PM.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12