Page 222 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1221722122202212222232242322723227221222 ... LastLast
Results 6,631 to 6,660 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

shutterbird Guest

Maggie, DVD players are so reasonably priced right now... but yeah, you could probably get one for a better price after Christmas.

Lydia, thanks for the blog props. I'm having lots of fun with it!

My FB chat is set to "offline" too. I'm not a big chatter and it's usually the same people who want to chat every time I pop online.

ASHLEY IS BACK! Now where's our other Ashley?

Kim, I love the new blog too! Lorelai is the sweetest thing ever.

Welcome back my trouble making Big E!
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Hey Big-E, it's good to see ya back.

DH is out at a gig tonight so I'm here at home; I told him I'd do some cleaning while he's out. Ugh. I hate cleaning. I've told him a million times that the best present ever would be a cleaning lady who could come in at least once a month. LOL.

shutterbird Guest

Quote Originally Posted by silverstar View Post
    Hey Big-E, it's good to see ya back.

DH is out at a gig tonight so I'm here at home; I told him I'd do some cleaning while he's out. Ugh. I hate cleaning. I've told him a million times that the best present ever would be a cleaning lady who could come in at least once a month. LOL.
    Right there with you! I hate to clean.

Hiya Ashley!! Missed you!
    Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

shutterbird Guest

I haven't gotten a chance to really look at this site, but... http://www.whatasecret.com/

I confess it driiiiiiiiiiiiives me crazy when people won't make plans...I'm supposed to be going to a concert tomorrow night in Boston and I'm picking up a friend of mine in an area I'm not familiar with, and she wants to meet somewhere and get a drink. So I'm like WHERE can I meet you? Over and over. All she'll say is I dunno, I'm looking into it.
    I am the kind of person who likes to know really far in advance what I'm doing. I know it's silly but it's driving me nuts that I don't know the plan yet. It's her freaking area, I have no idea what's out there. Just pick a place!

That's a cool website, Kim. Kinda like PostSecret.

Lydia, is that you and Esme in your avatar?

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by stephmama View Post
    Lydia, is that you and Esme in your avatar?
    No, it's me and baby Claire. I've been going through all of our pictures, selecting out my favorites to put in a photo frame for MIL, so you might see any number of old pictures come up soon.

I confess I've gotten uncontrollable giggles three times in the past 24 hours. If that wasn't bad enough, they have all occurred at really inappropriate moments. I blame it on hormones.

I love old pictures and uncontrollable giggles.

I wish I had the giggles right now. Somebody say sumpin funny!
    Norah! (3 yr)

Quote Originally Posted by maggie View Post
    I wish I had the giggles right now. Somebody say sumpin funny!
    a woman walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a double entendre.
    so he gives it to her.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

I just spent the last 2 hours ironing and watching "Yes Man." I rewarded myself with 2 chocolate chip cookies. The movie was actually pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    a woman walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a double entendre.
    so he gives it to her.
    LOL....that's a good'n! I'll have to tell DH that as he loves the double entendre.

Quote Originally Posted by daylilies View Post
    LOL
    Netflix is great. We caught up on Battlestar Galactica and watched the last of it on tv, and now we are watching Babylon 5 (two shows that are "DH shows" but that I actually like! Wasn't a big fan of the BSG ending though! Haha)

We also just got an xbox 360 and are enjoying the streaming netflix on that.
    How is Babylon? Dh and I need a new series. We are caught up on Star Treks, Stargates and BSG. I'm a HUGE fan of BSG! I did really like the ending though...wrapped things up for me.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Don't say ANYTHING else about BSG! We're just near the end of season 2.5 right now. Shhhh! This being a confessing thread and all, I'll say that I have a simultaneous crush on Apollo and Starbuck. I'm not much into girls but sheeeeeeeeeeeit. Starbuck is badass and hot.
    Agree with you on Kara! Though my other favorite is Gaius. And someone else I won't mention because I can't recall exactly when this person appears.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I'm just worried about hearing who is going to be killed next. I just saw a shocking death...and I know more are coming. Don't worry, you didn't give anything away.

I'm paranoid ever since the end of Six Feet Under was ruined for me by the internet.
    Is that one good? I had heard good things before about Six feet under....same person who makes True Blood I think?

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Hi Ashley!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

So uh the majority of the presents under my tree are just empty boxes I wrapped so it would look pretty. LOL

I did wrap slippers for DH that we bought together this morning (he has super wide feet so really needed to be with to try on). I wrapped myself season 8 of 90210 that I bought a few weeks ago but hadn't taken out of the plastic.
    and the dog is getting a bone and a stuffed gorilla.

We had a fun morning...they are forcing overtime on them so he is on day 7 out of 10 days straight..and he works third shift. so when he got home this morning at 7am he woke us up and we did some early morning shopping. Was nice to be done just as the mall was getting crowded. After we had a date lunch at Olive Garden!

This will be the first christmas that I didn't spend with my family. Will be a bit weird just the three of us....though maybe good we didn't plan on going back home since they are talking potential snow storm over the holidays.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    Is that one good? I had heard good things before about Six feet under....same person who makes True Blood I think?
    I don't know if it's the same person who makes True Blood but Six feet under is awesome. The best series I've ever seen. I get chills thinking about it. Great storylines.
    How is Babylon? Dh and I need a new series. We are caught up on Star Treks, Stargates and BSG. I'm a HUGE fan of BSG! I did really like the ending though...wrapped things up for me.
    I enjoy Babylon 5, but my problem when a series goes on as long as it does, I get lost easily, especially with sci fi plots. Sometimes they go over my head. I had the same problem with BSG.

Six Feet Under was amazing! I think I'll look on Netflix and rent the series again.

shutterbird Guest

I just saw this in the Random Confession thread...

(From JulieP)
    I confess I sent Ashley (atenielle) a fb message because she has been MIA and I was wondering if she was ok. She is ok, moving on he 29th. Her computer bit the dust so she just doesn't have time to go to the library to get on the computer which is completely understandable. She sends her love to everyone.
    Glad to know she's okay!

I confess I'm about to break my ****ing TV.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Maggie, DVD players are so reasonably priced right now... but yeah, you could probably get one for a better price after Christmas.

My FB chat is set to "offline" too. I'm not a big chatter and it's usually the same people who want to chat every time I pop online.

ASHLEY IS BACK! Now where's our other Ashley?
    I was going to say Atenielle had last posted on Fb early Thursday morning. Computer death sucks.

Blog is cool. I don't post mine for all to see here, but I wouldn't mind sharing with anyone from the heathen room - if interested PM me and I'll send the address.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I confess I learned more of the broadswords dance today in practice (when I didn't even think I'd dance cause of my back) and now Im really psyched to dance the whole thing. Especially at a performance.
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

Hey everyone!!
    I'm glad to hear Ashley's doing ok!
    I confess DH lost his job last week.
    I confess he's one of four employees there. The other employees got laid off two weeks ago, and they swore up and down they needed him blah blah they promised they weren't going to get rid of him. UNTIL he delivered the last order to Detroit on Wed.

He delivered the shipment, went into work Thurs morn just to be let go. 8 days before Xmas. I'm just in so much shock. He went out on Fri. and put in applications. Went to the employment source to try and get matched with a job and went to the job and family services to see if they could match him with a job. We're really crossing our fingers that he gets something soon. Meanwhile, i'm going to apply also Monday morning. Don't know where, but i'm going to go to all the restaurants in this town and the one over. I've been a waittress since 16 - and an awesome one at that, so I know i'll get something soon........as long as people are hiring.......ugh. I just can't believe all his income is......gone. I've been a SAHM since Aug 2008 and was really hoping to continue to be until atleast both girls are in school, but i'll do what I have to to bring in money. His unemployment stuff will be in the mail on Monday, so hopefully he can get that. He's never filed for unemployment, so we're pretty out of the loop with it all.

Ugh anyway, atleast we bought the girls all their presents. You guys won't believe it. We bought them all on TUESDAY last week. Every one of them. Alexis' birthday presents, and all their xmas presents. We got an H & R block tax advance thingy.......or whatever (LOL).He lost his job on Thurs. If we would've waited, they would probably have nothing. Instead, they have all kinds of good stuff and atleast we can have THAT this Xmas!

It helps, though, for me, because when times get tough (and we've been through worse) we always pull together instead of pushing away. That's a huge help through it all. It really makes me step back and realize what we have in that no matter what happens, we unite instead of fall apart. It hasn't always been this way, so this Xmas i'm thankful for the unification of our family. Ok mushy, yes. I'm sorry for that.

WOW that was long. Sorry to unload it all on you guys! Kind of just poured out!

Ashley - 25, Chris - 27, Elizabeth - 9-22-04, Alexis - 12-19-08

I know I'm late with the jokes, but I just thought of one.
    Someone advised me not to listen to male weather people when it comes to estimating the snow totals. Guys tend to lie when it comes to telling you how many inches something is.
    *crickets* ok sorry, carry on.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

So uh the majority of the presents under my tree are just empty boxes I wrapped so it would look pretty. LOL

After we had a date lunch at Olive Garden!

This will be the first christmas that I didn't spend with my family.
    That's funny about the presents. We don't have any under our tree at all because they would shortly be opened and/or destroyed.

Olive Garden is my secret pleasure. I haven't been in well over way-too-long.

Try to start a new Christmas tradition all on your own, and make it special for your family. It's hard being away from family on the holidays. On the bright side, at least for me, it would lower my Tylenol budget significantly to be on our own.

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    I confess I learned more of the broadswords dance today in practice (when I didn't even think I'd dance cause of my back) and now Im really psyched to dance the whole thing. Especially at a performance.
    Can you get a little video and share? Is this a representational dance, or do you actually have broadswords? Those things are heavy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by elmobo-n-lexi View Post
    I confess DH lost his job last week.

It helps, though, for me, because when times get tough (and we've been through worse) we always pull together instead of pushing away. That's a huge help through it all.
    I'm really sorry, Ashley. What a shock, esp. right before Christmas. It sounds like you've got a really positive attitude plus the will and skill and support to get you through this.

Did you miss us while you were gone?

----------------------

I confess at the gas station this morning there was a couple who had run out of gas and were pushing their van to the pump. After they parked, I pulled up to the next available pump behind them and parked to get gas. At that point, a guy came up and knocked on the window and started talking to me. He said he was helping out these people who had run out of gas, and he hated to bother me, but they had forgotten which side of the car their tank was on and were going to have to move it. He went on, asking my pardon but could I please.... I was looking at him and nodding for him to go on when dh yelled "MOVE!" and then my car was hit. By the people who had run out of gas, who didn't know where their gas tank was, who had decided to push their van to the other side without waiting for me to move my car, who apparently didn't realize that my car, in plain view, was 3 feet behind theirs.

ARRGH! I was really mad. We moved to another pump, got gas, and the same guy came over to ask how we felt about the situation. Dh was surprisingly easy-going and said there was no damage. I stayed quiet, but the guy said I seemed upset. I finally said "If you had gotten to the point and told me to move my car instead of going into a long exposition, we might not have been hit." He shrugged and said it was one of his personality flaws, and walked off, looking dejected.

I felt sorry for the guy after I had a few miles to chill and reflect on it. He was being a good samaritan and I probably shot down all of his pride and sense of well-being about his accomplishment. Everyone was completely inept, but when it was over and there was no harm, I didn't have to express my disgruntled state.

I love that dh and I both temper each other. He was calm when I was upset, and urged me to calm down. I do the same when he gets all road-ragey.

Anyway, someone at the grocery store barreled around a corner and nearly hit us. DH said "We need to get off the road, because idiots are flinging themselves at us today."

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    I forgot to mention we did your potato stamp art the other day, and ours didn't turn out nearly as pretty as yours did.