Page 218 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1181682082162172182192202282683187181218 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,540 of 44506

Thread: Secular Confessions

Thanks for the support guys. We haven't even had time to discuss things yet. My mother was up late last night, so I fell asleep before I had the chance to talk to him alone. Now he's being all nice to me and acting like everything's fine...WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    Thanks for the support guys. We haven't even had time to discuss things yet. My mother was up late last night, so I fell asleep before I had the chance to talk to him alone. Now he's being all nice to me and acting like everything's fine...WTF?
    That's kind of how DH gets when we have a big fight and we think we're done. I don't really understand it either.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Quote Originally Posted by MammaMia View Post
    I have no idea. Maybe it's the sense of relief or finality? Or maybe he's hoping you won't hire a forensic accountant to see where his money is stashed? Or maybe he's trying to make amends for hurting you.

Kim, I think that is totally sweet about your client's boner. Did you take a picture of it? You should submit it, if you did.

OMG Lydia!

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Okay, something else interesting, but totally safe for work.

http://bakadesuyo.com/what-english-s...-to-foreigners

"An Italian singer wrote this song with gibberish to sound like English. If you've ever wondered what other people think Americans sound like, this is it."

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    You're telling me.

He told me not to worry about it and enjoy it while it lasts because in his Pathophysiology class, there are 10 chapters to a test instead of these 7 chapters to a test.
    You're in nursing school, right?

I get a lot of the local nursing students coming into the library looking for pathophysiology articles on specific things for school assignments. Our library has way better resources than the local university.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer912 View Post
    You're in nursing school, right?
    Not quite yet. I have this class (microbiology) and algebra left and then I am done with pre-reqs.

I was set to enter in June but since baby is due in May, I am going to wait until December entry for next year.
    Janeen - 30, Jimi - 42; Married October 21st, 2006;

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    This time of year, I miss it. By February / March, I don't, especially when I'm running around in flip-flops and T-shirts!
    Hard to imagine that for me. That kind of attire doesn't happen until May/June.

This morning it was -3 BEFORE wind chill when I left the house.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Not quite yet. I have this class (microbiology) and algebra left and then I am done with pre-reqs.

I was set to enter in June but since baby is due in May, I am going to wait until December entry for next year.
    Ok I can just say YUCK. Those classes sound awful.

I'm lucky, I get to work in a hospital and learn things and help people out....but than I don't have to actually read the articles myself.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I confess that my sister acts like an idiot sometimes. She has been battling with her 20 year old son for over 6 months now to get a job. Him and his girlfriend moved here and started college. All of their classes (2 classes each) are online and they SAY they have been looking for a job but yeah dude, it has been six months and job hunting three or four days out of six months doesn't constitute as trying your hardest, IMO.

Anyway, last night she told them they had to have jobs by January or she was kicking them out. My nephew called me saying yeah well I guess I'm moving. Okay, so he has given up already...all my sister wants is $100 a month from them and he thinks this is insane because he shouldn't have to pay his mother rent to live with her. Although he has stated he would pay his dad $100 a month if he could live with him.

Oops, got off on a rant. Anyway, she leaves me a voicemail last night asking if I could give him and his girlfriend a ride back to AZ because their stuff won't fit in her car. Well guess what, these kids have SO many electronics, game consoles, rock band, yadda yadda, all still in the boxes that their stuff wouldn't fit in mine either. Besides that, uhhhh I work and go to school? Let me just drop everything and take a quick road trip 12 hours away to take these kids back because they can't even remotely live like adults? I think not.

Janeen that is crazy! My sister and I both paid rent to the parents once we were done with school. While in school still we didn't have to pay.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Well he is in college but... I still don't think he should get a free ride. $100 a month is nothing and my sister struggles CONSTANTLY with the two younger kids. She has always struggled to raise her children. He keeps asking to come live with us and we have tried this before, which didn't work out...especially after he cut his wrist in my house because he was late for school all the time so I told him he couldn't watch Southpark that night. Whenever he asks if he can live with me again I just say "Uh dude, if you can't handle 100 bucks a month at your moms, there's no way you can afford the 300 we charge our room mate!"

Do they think they're going to find some other place to live for free? $100 a month is great!

I confess a Fb friend just posted:
    After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F
    Krista & Jonathan: Liam, our one and only, born 9 Sep 2008

I must be weird because I've never worried about this stuff.

If I end up not posting for 5 months or something, you can all assume I have been slayed by a psycho internet murderer because I didn't hide information.
    I'm not posting this because I am worried about strangers looking at party photos. Having too much of your personal information on the internet is like leaving thousands of dollars sitting on your front porch.

My mom's identity got stolen and it was an absolute nightmare for over a year, trying to convince people that she wasn't this profligate and irresponsible person in Arizona who was buying stuff and not paying for it. It took a lot of time and a lot of money to recover from it. These folks can destroy your credit for years, making it impossible to buy a car or a house or apply for a credit card.

Or they can be psycho internet murderers.

"Any idiot can face a crisis; it is this day-to-day living that wears you out." -Anton Chekhov

Quote Originally Posted by katycat24 View Post
    I'm not posting this because I am worried about strangers looking at party photos. Having too much of your personal information on the internet is like leaving thousands of dollars sitting on your front porch.

My mom's identity got stolen and it was an absolute nightmare for over a year, trying to convince people that she wasn't this profligate and irresponsible person in Arizona who was buying stuff and not paying for it. It took a lot of time and a lot of money to recover from it. These folks can destroy your credit for years, making it impossible to buy a car or a house or apply for a credit card.

Or they can be psycho internet murderers.
    I definitely understand what you're saying and the thought has crossed my mind. But I still don't hesitate to tell people online my last name. Of course I'm not handing out a social security number or credit card but still, I'm not cautious with the other stuff like last name, birthday, etc.

Dh paid 100 a month while in college more than 10 years ago now. Once his mom got divorced, he helped even more.

For my sister and I, basically it was kind of like being in high school still for college. Parents helped a lot (I was in the dorms most of the time) but we also had to follow some rules like NOT getting a credit card and we had to keep up good grades (and by that it was mostly A's). We both worked part-time through college too and took max student loans.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Dh paid 100 a month while in college more than 10 years ago now. Once his mom got divorced, he helped even more.

For my sister and I, basically it was kind of like being in high school still for college. Parents helped a lot (I was in the dorms most of the time) but we also had to follow some rules like NOT getting a credit card and we had to keep up good grades (and by that it was mostly A's). We both worked part-time through college too and took max student loans.
    They got FASFA for their classes but it didn't even cover the tuition. This kid had the nerve to ask his mom to pay the 300 or 600 (I can't remember which) dollars he still owed. HELLO! She is struggling and asking you for 100 dollars a month and you're going to ask her for that amount of money? He still thinks she should buy him anything he wants. She got a Christmas bonus from work which is the ONLY reason she is finally able to provide Christmas for the kids this year, including him. Usually the whole family pitches in and provides the Christmas for her kids. Just the other day he was harping on her to buy him a CD and a Blu-Ray movie that he REALLY wanted. Not for Christmas either, he wanted it THAT DAY! Too, friggin, bad! Get a job, pay your rent and then get the movie yourself! Ugh, can you tell it really irritates me? LOL
    Last edited by Janeen; 12-16-2009 at 09:55 AM.

shutterbird Guest

Janeen, it sounds like your sister is enabling them big time. 2 courses is't even FT, is it?

Lydia, I did get a picture, but they were way too sweet. I couldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbird View Post
    Janeen, it sounds like your sister is enabling them big time. 2 courses is't even FT, is it?

Lydia, I did get a picture, but they were way too sweet. I couldn't do that.
    Nope, they barely had enough credits for half time.

Just popping in to say congrats to Janeen on hitting the halfway mark today!

Lydia, your taco recipe was a hit at work today! I used beans instead of meat and they were great! I did my own wonton wrappers which could have been better but next time I make these, I'll make sure to get some from the Chinese supermarket.

I'm so glad the tacos were a success!

I really want to try some of the dessert ones, now that I looked them up, but I have no events for which they'd be appropriate. Maybe I'll just have to surprise everyone at work, but 'tis the season when everyone is totally sick of sweet stuff. We had a cake, two boxes of fudge, and a bunch of cookies in our breakroom the other day.

I confess that all of the kids have gone home for the day but I'm stalling downstairs with Savana and Kai because I can hear dbf and his friend upstairs and I just don't feel like going up and pretending to be interested in what they are talking about. Ugh, I sound like such a biatch.
    I confess that I bought Savana Hanna Montana underwear. Not something I ever thought I'd do. I try to stay away from Disney character stuff in general just because she doesn't really know about it so it has no significance to her anyway. But these had pretty, glittery guitars on them and Savana is totally into being rockstar. I love that, so I had to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by dana_renay View Post
    Just popping in to say congrats to Janeen on hitting the halfway mark today!
    Heyyyyyyyy thanks!

Hard to imagine that for me. That kind of attire doesn't happen until May/June.

This morning it was -3 BEFORE wind chill when I left the house.
    Guess I shouldn't really complain about the cold, then! It's been down to 38 at night and 55 during the day! For me that's cold!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yeah, it hit 31 today and it was too cold for me. You'd be surprised that I'm a native New Englander. I hate the cold so much and yet I bear it every year. It's gotten so much tougher to deal with since having Josh too. It used to be okay to hole up in the house all winter. Now, not so much. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lydia View Post
    For those of you who like pointless silly websites, I can't believe I haven't seen this before:

AwkwardBoners.com

I will assume that you can tell by the title if you might be offended by this site.
    OMG, just saw this and that site is freakin hilarious!!!

It makes me want to take a pic of DH though as his...stuff is pretty pokey, as I call it and it looks like he has a boner but doesn't. I actually think a couple guys on a some of those pics just hang forward like DH does so it just looks that way. Thinking of this made me laugh more because when I first got with DH, I thought it was strange that his stuff pokes out all the time and actually did some research that said most men's penises hang to one side. I can remember the percentage, but there was a percentage that hung to the right or left and a small minority hung in the middle and looked like pokey penis syndrome, which is what I call DH!!

Erin

Quote Originally Posted by gwennero View Post
    Guess I shouldn't really complain about the cold, then! It's been down to 38 at night and 55 during the day! For me that's cold!
    See Bridget's picture with the new doggie.....that is what it looks like outside by me. Today was a bit better as we got into the double digits above zero....I think the high was 14!

My ideal would be 50's and 60's year around. Free weather...no heat or air conditioning needed.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

OMG Erin. LOL I don't think that I ever really paid attention or gave that any thought about how it hangs. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

My perfect temp is 65-70. Mmm.